Hellboy vs. Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
I thought this would be a good fight.

Fight 1. Comic Versions
Fight 2. Movie Versions.

Marvelknight
Hellboy wins in both fights.

Phantom Zone
Wolverine.

Battlehammer
wolverine what the hell has hell boy done?

Bentley
He has great durability feats -he is thrown around in many comics- and some strength feats such as throwing huge beasts around. Nothing that can put him through adamantium blades I think.

Battlehammer
in pure durability...........but I can bet Logan can take more damage.............

hell boy also not as fast nor as skilled and will be stabb rather easily.

steverules
Hellboy can withstand alot and does have alotta durability...but I'm sure adamantium is something he can't withstand so I'd give it to wolverine

Kazenji
Originally posted by Battlehammer
what the hell has hell boy done?

Go check out the trades that might help....

Battlehammer
oh I can dl all of his comics if I wanted

draxx_tOfU
Hellboy ftw...

Battlehammer
how the hell does hell boy win?

His opponet is better in pritty much ever aspect that matters

draxx_tOfU
he sprinkles some holy water on Wolverine...

TricksterPriest
As I see it, most of Hellboy's gear is designed to kill demons. Which means it's useless on Wolverine. 2nd, does he have a healing factor?

draxx_tOfU
yes...

and he's been impaled before...

fangirl101
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
As I see it, most of Hellboy's gear is designed to kill demons. Which means it's useless on Wolverine. 2nd, does he have a healing factor?
Hell Boy's Healing factor is nearly on par with wolverine's. And the fact that he's far stronger has this fight being a good one I think.

Bentley
Wolverine has returned from some crazy s_it, I don't know if calling it on par is fair.

Battlehammer
Pleases show me prove of hell boy showign Logan level healing factor.

as I recall he has a slight one and nothing to suggest he can take more then a few stabs and keep on fighting

llagrok
I don't see how Hellboy would survive Wolverine going for the head.

redhotrash
I think the movie version Hellboy might take the win, but the comic version of Wolverine destroys him.

fangirl101
Originally posted by llagrok
I don't see how Hellboy would survive Wolverine going for the head. By Blocking his attack with that indestructible hand of his.

llagrok
Originally posted by fangirl101
By Blocking his attack with that indestructible hand of his.

He's going to block both of Wolverine's hands with one hand?

Battlehammer
By Blocking his attack with that indestructible hand of his.

vs a more skilled faster opponet who has two hands not one to attack with........

fangirl101
vs a more skilled faster opponet who has two hands not one to attack with........

Hmm. The stuff that hell boy has taken, has me thinking wolverine won't be able to take him out as easily as some people would think.

llagrok
Hmm. The stuff that hell boy has taken, has me thinking wolverine won't be able to take him out as easily as some people would think.

Answer the question.

Do you think Hellboy will be capable of blocking ALL of Wolverine's claws with a single hand?

Because once Wolverine connects a blow with Hellboy's face, it's over.

draxx_tOfU

Because once Wolverine connects a blow with Hellboy's face, it's over.

why?...

llagrok
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
why?...

Because he has adamantium claws, that will cut into his brain :/

draxx_tOfU

llagrok
do you know Hellboy?...

Trying to discredit my arguments?

Do you know any way Hellboy can counter adamantium knives to the skull?

draxx_tOfU
by blocking it?...

llagrok
by blocking it?...

It's already debatable whether or not he would be fast enough to react, let alone block, but I'll play along.

How does he block all of Wolverine's claws.

fangirl101
It's already debatable whether or not he would be fast enough to react, let alone block, but I'll play along.

How does he block all of Wolverine's claws. Well, Once Hell boy swings that hand in wolverine's Direction, wolvie wont'be swinging the other hand. He'll be flying 100 yards back.

draxx_tOfU
by grabbing his wrists?...

llagrok
You both presume that Hellboy is faster than Wolverine?

lmao

redhotrash
Hellboy always seemed kinda cumbersome while swinging his big fist.

fangirl101

lmao
I presume nothing. I know wolverine has been hit by people slower than Hell Boy. Less agile than Hellboy. Who dont' have indestructible fist.

DarkFireLord
This is a Hard one, if Wolfie gets his claws on Hellnoby then he got a problem, but Hellboy would just beat the crap out of him with brute strength.

i think its 6/10 for Hellboy

draxx_tOfU

lmao

you presume wolverine is > to the Ogdru Hem that Hellboy beats down...

lmao

llagrok
you presume wolverine is > to the Ogdru Hem that Hellboy beats down...

lmao

You sure you want to play that game with Wolverine?

fangirl101

And exactly whom has wolverine laid the smack down on that was teh uber? The hulk? nope. Thor? Nope? Wonder Man? Definetly Not.

draxx_tOfU

yes...

i love games...

Allankles
If this isn't strictly h2h Hellboy takes this huge, unless you give wolvie some guns too. In h2h it's a toss up. The movie hell boys wins easily. In the comics I can see 50/50 or 6/10 for Hell boy.

Hell boy is stronger but I think he's slower (but not by much, he's a demon hybrid after all). As for healing factor, I don't think that will matter much in the end. If Hell boy pins wolvie and starts pounding him with his indestructable Hell key, the fight is over for Wolvie. If Wolvie nails hell boy in the head with his claws, he takes the fight. I give the edge to Hell boy because he's got a bigger more versatile weapon his Hell key hand, and he's bigger and stronger.

llagrok
Originally posted by Allankles
If this isn't strictly h2h Hellboy takes this huge, unless you give wolvie some guns too. In h2h it's a toss up. The movie hell boys wins easily. In the comics I can see 50/50 or 6/10 for Hell boy.

Hell boy is stronger but I think he's slower (but not by much, he's a demon hybrid after all). As for healing factor, I don't think that will matter much in the end. If Hell boy pins wolvie and starts pounding him with his indestructable Hell key, the fight is over for Wolvie. If Wolvie nails hell boy in the head with his claws, he takes the fight. I give the edge to Hell boy because he's got a bigger more versatile weapon his Hell key hand, and he's bigger and stronger.

Tell me, exactly what kind of characters were Wolverine designed to take out?

And exactly whom has wolverine laid the smack down on that was teh uber? The hulk? nope. Thor? Nope? Wonder Man? Definetly Not.

So being unable to take down Thor, Wonder Man and the Hulk makes Wolverine the loser here? You realize that Thor, Hulk and Classic Wonderman would shit ALL OVER Hellboy? Think before you speak Nvr, dumb ******.

Not that Wolverine hasn't beaten the Hulk, Thing, Roughouse, Predator X and taken a severe beating from characters like Namor, WWH, Mauvais Wendigo and plenty others.

All Wolverine needs is superior skills and on par speed. Fortunately he's got far superior skills, superior speed/reflexes and superior healing factor. Someone with Wolverine's skills would have no trouble connecting a stab to the head.

fangirl101
Tell me, exactly what kind of characters were Wolverine designed to take out?

So being unable to take down Thor, Wonder Man and the Hulk makes Wolverine the loser here? You realize that Thor, Hulk and Classic Wonderman would shit ALL OVER Hellboy? Think before you speak Nvr, dumb ******.

Not that Wolverine hasn't beaten the Hulk, Thing, Roughouse, Predator X and taken a severe beating from characters like Namor, WWH, Mauvais Wendigo and plenty others.

All Wolverine needs is superior skills and on par speed. Fortunately he's got far superior skills, superior speed/reflexes and superior healing factor. Someone with Wolverine's skills would have no trouble connecting a stab to the head.
This is really pathetic how you can't use correct grammer. Think before you speak never dumb explicitive? Should that be You never Think before you speak? And why all the Swearing? Some people think wolverine wins, some think Hellboy does. People can't have freedom of opinion. I thought they beat the crap out of each other since I am the one who made the thread. It's not a stomp in any direction as far as I'm concerned.

llagrok
This is really pathetic how you can't use correct grammer. Think before you speak never dumb explicitive? Should that be You never Think before you speak? And why all the Swearing? Some people think wolverine wins, some think Hellboy does. People can't have freedom of opinion. I thought they beat the crap out of each other since I am the one who made the thread. It's not a stomp in any direction as far as I'm concerned.

Your post definitely called for some swearing.

Don't bother trying to sidetrack, you've already lost anyways. Wolverine will have no trouble connecting his claws with Hellboy's skull. Bad End.

-K-M-
I assume this is Hellboy without the crown? (comics)

Raoul
kris, lets keep the bashing and accusations to a minimum, ok? you're more than capable of debating without it...

llagrok
Fine, sorry about that.

But we all know who it is, it's so annoying.

Mindset
Ooooo, you're in trouble

fangirl101
Fine, sorry about that.

But we all know who it is, it's so annoying.

Of course you do. I invited you all to my myspace and to chat with me via YIM cam to cam. No secrets here.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Allankles

A little wrong- Hellboy is a full blood demon with no drop of human blood in him. Compared to high level demon halfbloods like Hellstorm in terms of overall versatility and power Hellboy is a weakling.
He's a big brute with oversized Armageddon hand- just enough to be a worthy opponent for Wolverine. And I give Wolverine good odds to win that.

-K-M-
His mother was human, but yeah spot on with the rest. He really hasn't done anything note worthy power-wise without the crown. He has a high damage soak, and now it's being revealing he too is immortal as long as he wants to be. However, I don't see HB putting Wolverine down and I have read everything of Hellboy

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by -K-M-
His mother was human, but yeah spot on with the rest. He really hasn't done anything note worthy power-wise without the crown. He has a high damage soak, and now it's being revealing he too is immortal as long as he wants to be. However, I don't see HB putting Wolverine down and I have read everything of Hellboy

I got mistaken with a)movies origin; b) other fictional halfbreeds from pairing high level demons and humans (Hellstorm, Dante from DMC) look a lot more versatile and worthy of their lineage- with those two examples we have lack of brute strength compensated by overal finnese (and even not at their best those guys are interesting to look at, while Hellboy without crown is... well).
Hellboy? Big brute with the hand, nothing special...his father didn't try well.

-K-M-
Hellboy really hasn't even done anything note worthy with his brute strength, he certainly isn't class 100, not even class 10 and Mike Mignola said he could press like 800 lbs or something along those lines.

Well his father did try, but Hellboy doesn't want to tap into his demonic powers if he does he is veeeeeery powerful, but he refuses to do so

Charlotte DeBel
Hellboy really hasn't even done anything note worthy with his brute strength, he certainly isn't class 100, not even class 10 and Mike Mignola said he could press like 800 lbs or something along those lines.

Well his father did try, but Hellboy doesn't want to tap into his demonic powers if he does he is veeeeeery powerful, but he refuses to do so

I really thought he was physically stronger than that... So basically same strength class as human form of Dante (though the guy lifts something like ton or two max in human form) or Hellstorm (same 800 lbs- base strength is peak human). And the CIS of not accepting demonic legacy is really popular with halfbreeds (in DMC games\Dreamwave comics based on those it's used to explain Dante's non willingness to use demonic form often, but with him it's more of Bat-thing, as his mother was killed by demons when he was a kid and he doesn't want to look like those murderers, just like Batman refuses using guns; Hellstorm tried hard to overcome that legacy- his mom ended up in nuthouse etc so basically the same sourse of problem)... so Hellboy is not the best of his kind. Sorry I mention those two examples , but they're one of the most well-known fictional half demons.
Not that he's not cool or anything... pyrokinetic chick from his series looks nice.

llagrok
Press 800 lbs? So Wolverine is actually stronger as well haermm

This doesn't look good for Hellboy.

Kazenji
Would'nt Smashing wolverines skull in with his Stone Hand work if hellboy did manage to get him on the ground and started pounding his head in ?

-K-M-
Yeah I read an interview by Mike saying he could press 800 lbs, but I'm sure he could press more currently as the interview was old but he isn't uber strong.

If Hellboy accepts his demonic nature this is a stomp (which I doubt he will do here), without that I really don't see him winning. The Right Hand of Doom is pretty potent and can even hit and hurt astral beings with it, as well as open and close dimensional doors but none of that is really going to help here.

Also in the comics Hellboy isn't immune to fire, that's only in the movies.

llagrok
Originally posted by Kazenji
Would'nt Smashing wolverines skull in with his Stone Hand work if hellboy did manage to get him on the ground and started pounding his head in ?

Nah, not really.

Wolverine would still be almost as strong as him, so Hellboy would be pressed hard to restrain him. Unless Hellboy has like 1000 ton strength like WWH, it's not happening.

Kazenji
But surely a continuesly pounding of wolverines skull would break it

steverules

Using hulk, thor and wonder man as examples in a debate for wolverine vs hellboy is pretty bad....I don't think hellboy would do much better against those character. Wolverine got his ass kicked by wonderman from one of the fights I saw, I dunno if they ever fought again...thor I don't think him and wolverine have ever fought....as for hulk he's beaten wolverine but wolvie was still able to hold his own against him for quite a while, now I'm not saying wolverine can beat the hulk but he sure can bring the fight to the hulk.

steverules

Using hulk, wonderman and thor as examples is pretty bad, I don't see hellboy doing much better against them as wolverine would. Thor has never fought wolverine and wonderman kicked wolverines ass....hulk has beaten wolverine but wolvie still did pretty well against him. What would hellboy do to the hulk? Fire those little pop guns at him then hit him a few times with his big hand? Thats just gonna piss the hulk of...least wolverine was able to put some hurting on the big green guy, hellboy would have nothing.

llagrok

No, no it wouldn't.

Really, you think that someone as weak as Hellboy could "break" Wolverine's skull? Are we removing both his healing factor and his adamantium skeleton now? or are we just raving mad with fanboyism?

Placidity
No, no it wouldn't.

Really, you think that someone as weak as Hellboy could "break" Wolverine's skull? Are we removing both his healing factor and his adamantium skeleton now? or are we just raving mad with fanboyism?

I don't think the healing factor has anything to do with it, but yer I think you'd have to be at least class 100 to even have a chance of affecting something like adamantium.

jinzin
Wonderman? Not a real fight.
Thor? Never fought outside of odin power.

The Hulk? Yes actually several times.
Wendigo? Yup.
Hercules? Yeah.

Infact he's made a carrier of it. Kierrok, Domina, Prime Sentinals, Death's Head II (who come to think of it has a more durable more applicable arm than Hellboy, and is far stronger, faster, and better to boot), Namor, Ba'al... Entire teams of the Shiar elite imperial guard (every one of which supposedly capible of destroying a city), Ngarai drones in the dozens (it only took one drone to stand toe to toe with Hulk)... I can certainly keep going.
Like Lag said, that's not a game you want to play when it concerns arguing against Wolverine. no expression

fangirl101
Originally posted by jinzin
Wonderman? Not a real fight.
Thor? Never fought outside of odin power.

The Hulk? Yes actually several times.
Wendigo? Yup.
Hercules? Yeah.

Infact he's made a carrier of it. Kierrok, Domina, Prime Sentinals, Death's Head II (who come to think of it has a more durable more applicable arm than Hellboy, and is far stronger, faster, and better to boot), Namor, Ba'al... Entire teams of the Shiar elite imperial guard (every one of which supposedly capible of destroying a city), Ngarai drones in the dozens (it only took one drone to stand toe to toe with Hulk)... I can certainly keep going.
Like Lag said, that's not a game you want to play when it concerns arguing against Wolverine. no expression It's not a game I started nor said anything about. We can talk about how wolverine got pwned by Storm with wind. Or how He was stalemating arc angel. He has high showings and low showings like anyone else.

jinzin
It's not a game I started nor said anything about. We can talk about how wolverine got pwned by Storm with wind. Or how He was stalemating arc angel. He has high showings and low showings like anyone else.

You said you liked playing games correct?
You brought up these characters in an attempt to expose Logan as a character who can't beat Ubers correct?
(lol as if Hellboy's uber).

And...
Hurricane wind... while his hands were bound behind his back, without a working healing factor....

Against Archangel, while trying to hold back aiming for Angels wings, WITHOUT a working healing factor....

Yeah great examples...
no

And I like the "Every character has high and low showings" ignoring the fact that his "high showings" are in an overwhelming majority compared to his low showings.

Fact is that in spite of what you assumed using terrible examples, Wolverine CAN and has beaten uber characters throughout his whole career. And to be honest, Hellboy doesn't even measure out to half the regular street level superhumans that Wolverine takes down on a regular basis nevermind the uber guys. erm

llagrok
I suppose we live in a world were Wolverine's adamantium skull can be broken by class 2s haermm

fangirl101
You said you liked playing games correct?
You brought up these characters in an attempt to expose Logan as a character who can't beat Ubers correct?
(lol as if Hellboy's uber).

And...
Hurricane wind... while his hands were bound behind his back, without a working healing factor....

Against Archangel, while trying to hold back aiming for Angels wings, WITHOUT a working healing factor....

Yeah great examples...
no

And I like the "Every character has high and low showings" ignoring the fact that his "high showings" are in an overwhelming majority compared to his low showings.

Fact is that in spite of what you assumed using terrible examples, Wolverine CAN and has beaten uber characters throughout his whole career. And to be honest, Hellboy doesn't even measure out to half the regular street level superhumans that Wolverine takes down on a regular basis nevermind the uber guys. erm

you have me confused with someone. I didn't say anything about liking games. And wolverine hasn't beaten anyone of note. That I'm aware of. Hulk? Thor? Wonder Man? Colosuss? He's barely taken Sabertooth down and I would put Hell Boy Somewhere in that same power range.

llagrok
you have me confused with someone. I didn't say anything about liking games. And wolverine hasn't beaten anyone of note. That I'm aware of. Hulk? Thor? Wonder Man? Colosuss? He's barely taken Sabertooth down and I would put Hell Boy Somewhere in that same power range.

Really?

You would put Hellboy in Sabretooth's range?

Sabretooth with superhuman speed, reflexes, class 30+ strength and a healing factor that's above pretty much anyone else's? That tells us quite a lot about you actually.

Why did you ignore Jinzin's post? Are you dense? retarded? Mentally incapable of processing the information he posted? durlaugh

- Namor
- Hercules
- Grey Hulk
- Ngarai demons
- Wendigo

These are not characters worth nothing?

jinzin
you have me confused with someone. I didn't say anything about liking games. And wolverine hasn't beaten anyone of note. That I'm aware of. Hulk? Thor? Wonder Man? Colosuss? He's barely taken Sabertooth down and I would put Hell Boy Somewhere in that same power range. Ah so you're right about about the game part.

Wolverine hasn't beaten anyone of note? I just laid down like a dozen names "of note" that Wolverine's beaten.

Go read that reply again as I've already covered 3 of those 4 characters.

Colossus hasn't beaten Wolverine in a fight either as they've stalemated every time they've thrown down so far.

Sabretooth? Do you even know who Sabretooth is? For god sakes he'd rip Hellboy apart. no expression

llagrok
Sabretooth gets no respect.

People think he would lose against Scorpion! haermm

jinzin
Sabretooth gets no respect.

People think he would lose against Scorpion! haermm

I saw that.. ridiculous...

i guess that's what happens when you start your career getting pwned by Black Cat and Iron Fist. sad

llagrok
I saw that.. ridiculous...

i guess that's what happens when you start your career getting pwned by Black Cat and Iron Fist. sad

Yeah.

Though a loss to the current Iron Fist is nothing to be ashamed of.

jinzin

Oh wow I didn't actually see this post.... wow. no expression ....

Battlehammer

Ha-Son
Oh wow I didn't actually see this post.... wow. no expression ....
Spiderman did it in the graveyard. biscuits

Battlehammer
No he begged you for an idiot.............which you are.

You mean like Ba'al? Herc? rough-houses? abomination? Tiger Shark? Namor? wendigo ...............becauses he has beaten all theses guys...........

He has beaten hulk....................

sabertooth is better then hell boy in every way...............

fangirl101
No he begged you for an idiot.............which you are.

You mean like Ba'al? Herc? rough-houses? abomination? Tiger Shark? Namor? wendigo ...............becauses he has beaten all theses guys...........

He has beaten hulk....................

sabertooth is better then hell boy in every way...............
I"m an idiot? have you ever read the hell boy comic? Some of the Demons that Hell boy has beaten? Makes wolverine and Sabertooth look like 5th grad school girls. Don't be an ass. never mind. Your on ignore.

jinzin
lol Hellboy = Sabretooth.. That's still makin me chuckle.

llagrok
I"m an idiot? have you ever read the hell boy comic? Some of the Demons that Hell boy has beaten? Makes wolverine and Sabertooth look like 5th grad school girls. Don't be an ass. never mind. Your on ignore.

Which ones? smile

Badabing
This thread is becoming a problem. If there's any more trouble I'll be closing the thread and giving warnings. Thank you.

llagrok
Originally posted by Badabing
This thread is becoming a problem. If there's any more trouble I'll be closing the thread and giving warnings. Thank you.

dur

Battlehammer

Kazenji

And how is hellboy weak when he's on par with wolverine when it comes to healing factor when he's

-he once took a sword thrust through his chest and out his back.

-He has been savagely beaten by large monsters on several occasions and survived

-Hellboy directly charged an MG-42 machine gun and took numerous bullets to the chest before destroying the gun

and no i'm not raving mad because i'm a fan of hellboy roll eyes (sarcastic)

llagrok
And how is hellboy weak when he's on par with wolverine when it comes to healing factor when he's

-He has been savagely beaten by large monsters on several occasions and survived

-Hellboy directly charged an MG-42 machine gun and took numerous bullets to the chest before destroying the gun

If you think that's comparable to the things Wolverine has taken :/

Charlotte DeBel
Unless chartacter survives the huge damage of his vital organ (i.e. having his heart torn into pieces) he has no business saying he's better than Wolverine.
So far Hellboy's resume is not impressive.

psycho gundam
2 questions:

1) what is hellboy going to do to wolverine?

2) logan's claws can cut through anything that hellboy has and wolverine is much faster/skilled, so how does hellboy prevent getting diced like a big tomato?

Warrior18
Originally posted by psycho gundam
2 questions:

1) what is hellboy going to do to wolverine?

2) logan's claws can cut through anything that hellboy has and wolverine is much faster/skilled, so how does hellboy prevent getting diced like a big tomato?

Spot on.
Wolverine is a much better fighter with unbreakable skeleton as well claws which would cut through hellboy's flesh. Plus mega HF.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Unless chartacter survives the huge damage of his vital organ (i.e. having his heart torn into pieces) he has no business saying he's better than Wolverine.

He has actually

Battlehammer

.............He not though and the reasons you give below for thinking he is make me laugh.............a lot.........

How does this make him on par with wolverine? Logan has had his heart cut in haft by a sword and he had not slept or eaten in closes to a month and was not KO and kept on fightng.

--He has been savagely beaten by large monsters on several occasions and survived
How does this make him on par with a man who has taken several hits from class 100's and not only survived, but was not KOed..........

---Hellboy directly charged an MG-42 machine gun and took numerous bullets to the chest before destroying the gun
How does this make him logan level of healing?

Logan has taken more then that standing un flinching............

No your raving mad, becuases you think hell boy healing factor on par with wolverines.................and you think thoses events you listed make him so............

-K-M-
Hellboy's healing factor really isn't something to scoff at, I wouldn't personally say it's on Wolverine's level but it's not that far away as he can't be killed unless he wants to.

Battlehammer
Hellboy's healing factor really isn't something to scoff at, I wouldn't personally say it's on Wolverine's level but it's not that far away as he can't be killed unless he wants to.
Him being immortal does not make him wolverine level in healing nor closes.

what hell boy best healing factor feat which makes you think he closes to wolverines level?

Kazenji
If you think that's comparable to the things Wolverine has taken :/

I know what logan has taken, Such as getting caught in a bomb blast from nitro and surviving but that was only because of some shit of having only a little bit of his soul if i remember correctly.

Battlehammer
I know what logan has taken, Such as getting caught in a bomb blast from nitro and surviving but that was only because of some shit of having only a little bit of his soul if i remember correctly.
He was immortal becauses of that, thats not why his body healed as such a rate however.

not to mention with out his immortality he healed a torn out heart.........

Starscream M
He was immortal becauses of that, thats not why his body healed as such a rate however.

yeah, his body healed at such a rate due to poor writing and lack of knowledge on the writer's part

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
yeah, his body healed at such a rate due to poor writing and lack of knowledge on the writer's part

lol pleases this is comming from the kid who has shown time and again to know jack shit about wolverine or his abilities.

your opinion when it comes to wolverine or any character for that matter is utter crap and really no one cares what you think. Every one knows you have no idea what your talking about,

Starscream M
lol pleases this is comming from the kid who has shown time and again to know jack shit about wolverine or his abilities.

your opinion when it comes to wolverine or any character for that matter is utter crap and really no one cares what you think. Every one knows you have no idea what your talking about, right, I don't know what I'm talking about because I'm pointing out how inconsistent his HF has been roll eyes (sarcastic)

Battlehammer
right, I don't know what I'm talking about because I'm pointing out how inconsistent his HF has been roll eyes (sarcastic)
lol again comming from a guy who time and again has proven to have very limited knowledge to no knowledge on wolverines abilities.

I always wonder why you stay around............I mean no one stakes you serously...............or really even likes you...................

Starscream M

I always wonder why you stay around............I mean no one stakes you serously...............or really even likes you................... what the hell does this have to do with this thread?! stay on topic dammit mad

Kazenji
Could we get back to how Hellboys and wolverines healing factor is the same

And not having ***** fight armongst ourselves.

Battlehammer
Could we get back to how Hellboys and wolverines healing factor is the same

And not having ***** fight armongst ourselves.

It not nor has a single example you given come closes to proving it is.

Battlehammer
what the hell does this have to do with this thread?! stay on topic dammit mad

why don't you?

honestly jsut leave the forum already your a waste of space.

oh well im just going to block you again.

Starscream M
why don't you?

honestly jsut leave the forum already your a waste of space.

oh well im just going to block you again. dude, stop being so angry all the time. I was being on topic when I said logan's HF was inconsistent, you're free to disagree, no need to insult.

carver9
I see no way on how hell boy would even get 1 win against wolverine. Wolverine wins this in a stomp and quite easily.

Wolverine 10/10

Phantom Zone
I would have thought that Hellboy losed, but feats of his HF show that he could take lethal strikes from Wolverine, but its funny how those points were ignored.

carver9
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
I would have thought that Hellboy losed, but feats of his HF show that he could take lethal strikes from Wolverine, but its funny how those points were ignored.

Im not disagreeing with hellboy healing factor, he has an impressive healing factor but overrall wolverine is just to much for him and is just plain out better.

Im not saying this because wolverine has a better healing factor but I can just see hellboy as one of the people that wolverine usually fight and run through on occasions with a quick swipe to the head. I like hellboy, I love the character and the attitude that he has but I can see wolverine getting 10/10 and the fight last at least 3 to 5 minutes. Thats how much i think that wolverine is over hell boy. If wolverine didnt possess his claws in this fight then I can see this being more interesting (due to hellboys healing factor and durability) but in this match wolverine will over whelm him immediately.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by carver9
Im not disagreeing with hellboy healing factor, he has an impressive healing factor but overrall wolverine is just to much for him and is just plain out better.

Im not saying this because wolverine has a better healing factor but I can just see hellboy as one of the people that wolverine usually fight and run through on occasions with a quick swipe to the head. I like hellboy, I love the character and the attitude that he has but I can see wolverine getting 10/10 and the fight last at least 3 to 5 minutes. Thats how much i think that wolverine is over hell boy. If wolverine didnt possess his claws in this fight then I can see this being more interesting (due to hellboys healing factor and durability) but in this match wolverine will over whelm him immediately.

My post was not directed at you, you seem to be sane.

-K-M-
Him being immortal does not make him wolverine level in healing nor closes.

what hell boy best healing factor feat which makes you think he closes to wolverines level?

Well he can heal from anything as long as he wishes to

He has had his entire chest cavity impaled and everything ripped out from a big blade and he kept on fighting like nothing happened. Also I said I don't think it's on Wolverine's level.
---
I suggest people read the fight between Koshchei and Hellboy in Darkness Calls

starlock
Wolverine- for the win......both scenarios

-K-M-
Originally posted by starlock
Wolverine- for the win......both scenarios

thumb up

Sans Hellboy using the Crown

azudarko
So . . .my question is this.

Are you people aware that these two character aren't from the same universe? That you have no, in any way/shape/form, ability to compare the two because they come from two different planes of existance in which the standards of "strong" are nowhere near to each other?

In the world of Hellboy, he's one of the strongest mortals out there. He's been shot, smashed, stabbed through his entire body, fought the Goddess of Witchcraft (a pretty good testament to his healing factor, for those willing to look it up), as well as confronting many old gods and evil spirits. However, unlike many Marvel characters, he's not so drastically overstated. He can't lift a nuclear submarine. He can't survive a nuclear bomb. As the character himself has stated many times, he's just a normal guy with a job to do, and a few extra "abilities" to set him apart.

Wolverine however, like so many Marvel characters, is incredibly overstated. Not to say this as an insult, that's just the way Marvel works. They elevate their character to near god-like status, able to lift 15 tons of whatever the **** Wolvie can lift. (That's not just a number I pulled out my ass. There is -some- mutant that can lift that . . .can't remember though.)) Not to mention this "unstoppable adamantium" bullshit (which, sorry guys, sounds like some kid playing make believe and saying "Nuh-uh, my fireball hit you cause -insert brand new excuse-. Adamantium as the end all/be all of super-excuse is just boring and stupid.) tilts the bar even more.

So, if Hellboy was to be written in a Marvel context, he'd probably be a lot stronger. If Wolverine was written in a Mignola context, he'd probably be a lot weaker. Until that happens, there's no real point in comparing them.

Though, if that happened, it would be a cool fight scene. And they could have $&#@ afterwards. And there could be fanfiction. Anyway . . . .

Cheers.

carver9
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
My post was not directed at you, you seem to be sane.

laughing

I know youre post wasnt in refrence to me, I reread your post and it was too late to take it back.

Sorry about that.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by azudarko
So . . .my question is this.

Are you people aware that these two character aren't from the same universe? That you have no, in any way/shape/form, ability to compare the two because they come from two different planes of existance in which the standards of "strong" are nowhere near to each other?

In the world of Hellboy, he's one of the strongest mortals out there. He's been shot, smashed, stabbed through his entire body, fought the Goddess of Witchcraft (a pretty good testament to his healing factor, for those willing to look it up), as well as confronting many old gods and evil spirits. However, unlike many Marvel characters, he's not so drastically overstated. He can't lift a nuclear submarine. He can't survive a nuclear bomb. As the character himself has stated many times, he's just a normal guy with a job to do, and a few extra "abilities" to set him apart.

Wolverine however, like so many Marvel characters, is incredibly overstated. Not to say this as an insult, that's just the way Marvel works. They elevate their character to near god-like status, able to lift 15 tons of whatever the **** Wolvie can lift. (That's not just a number I pulled out my ass. There is -some- mutant that can lift that . . .can't remember though.)) Not to mention this "unstoppable adamantium" bullshit (which, sorry guys, sounds like some kid playing make believe and saying "Nuh-uh, my fireball hit you cause -insert brand new excuse-. Adamantium as the end all/be all of super-excuse is just boring and stupid.) tilts the bar even more.

So, if Hellboy was to be written in a Marvel context, he'd probably be a lot stronger. If Wolverine was written in a Mignola context, he'd probably be a lot weaker. Until that happens, there's no real point in comparing them.

Though, if that happened, it would be a cool fight scene. And they could have $&#@ afterwards. And there could be fanfiction. Anyway . . . .

Cheers.

You think a scientist inventing a virtually unbreakable metal is stupider then a giant invulnerable red demon hand? confused

Starscream M
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
You think a scientist inventing a virtually unbreakable metal is stupider then a giant invulnerable red demon hand? confused bring a demon relates to magic, where there is no bounds on reality...whereas inventing adamantium relates to science, where a reader has certain bounds of logic to follow

psycho gundam
You think a scientist inventing a virtually unbreakable metal is stupider then a giant invulnerable red demon hand? confused demons don't exist, metal does.......

deadspeak25
You think a scientist inventing a virtually unbreakable metal is stupider then a giant invulnerable red demon hand? confused

Musta missed that part in the post cause I didn't catch it.

Superherovandal
It not nor has a single example you given come closes to proving it is.

deadspeak25
demons don't exist, metal does.......

demons don't exist? I believe that statment would be based on personal beliefs.

Superherovandal
The thing is Wolvies HF has been weakened since his days being obliterated into a skeleton. That feat isn't really valid anymore. THat doesn't show his current levels. He does have an extremely good HF but not at that level anymore. I mean when he faced mystique he did take a while to heal from a shot up his nose into his brain.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by deadspeak25
demons don't exist? I believe that statment would be based on personal beliefs. they do exist, but just as figments of peoples imaginations.

Starscream M
Originally posted by deadspeak25
demons don't exist? I believe that statment would be based on personal beliefs. just as much as the statement that 'unicorns and centaurs don't exist' is based on personal beliefs

G-Mafia
Strength for these 2 is close. Hellboy- 2 1/2-5 tons, Wolverine 1 1/2-2 tons. Hellboy's probably more durable, while Wolvie is probably more resilient. Everything else is in Wolverine's favor. Wolverine 8-9/10 IMO.

psycho gundam
i still think hellboy is getting sliced like a radish.

deadspeak25
just as much as the statement that 'unicorns and centaurs don't exist' is based on personal beliefs

. . .I'm going to cry now. All my fairy tales dreams crushed in one sentence. Damn You!! laughing out loud

Starscream M
i still think hellboy is getting sliced like a radish. I don't give a damn what you think no expression

srankmissingnin
bring a demon relates to magic, where there is no bounds on reality...whereas inventing adamantium relates to science, where a reader has certain bounds of logic to follow

Yeah but that operates under the misguided notion that magic > science. In the comic book reality anything that can be achieved through magic can and has been achieved through science as well. They are two sides of the same con... only science has a reason for why the results occured.

magic = science

The fact that in reality science hasn't advanced enough to achieve the same results should have no baring on the debate.

Starscream M

magic = science

thats not true. at all.

while science can replicate certain aspects of magic, it can't replicate all aspects.

ie. Superman's weakness to magic, not to tech. Juggernauts mystic invulnerability cannot be replicated scientifically. Wolverine's after life death battles cannot be replicated scientifically.

so, science does not = magic.

azudarko
Wow . . . you took that entirely out of context.

I wasn't insulting adamantium. Hey, I'm totally good with adamantium. I was insulting the fact that every Wolvie fanboy/girl uses that as the ultimate reason why he's indestructible, since obviously nothing can break it and it can through anything all the time ever.

But that's neither here nor there. More a jab at fanboyishness than anything. From a fanboy. Oh, hypocrisy.

fangirl101
thats not true. at all.

while science can replicate certain aspects of magic, it can't replicate all aspects.

ie. Superman's weakness to magic, not to tech. Juggernauts mystic invulnerability cannot be replicated scientifically. Wolverine's after life death battles cannot be replicated scientifically.

Juggernauts invulerability can be replicated with Science. Ulton anyone? Cyborg was revived after death thru science.

fangirl101
Originally posted by azudarko
Wow . . . you took that entirely out of context.

I wasn't insulting adamantium. Hey, I'm totally good with adamantium. I was insulting the fact that every Wolvie fanboy/girl uses that as the ultimate reason why he's indestructible, since obviously nothing can break it and it can through anything all the time ever.

But that's neither here nor there. More a jab at fanboyishness than anything. From a fanboy. Oh, hypocrisy.

His adamantium cannot cut thru anything. He has to have enough force behind his stab to get the claw in. I'm betting he wouldn't be able to pierce Superman's skin.

psycho gundam
I don't give a damn what you think no expression huh laughing laughing

srankmissingnin
thats not true. at all.

All of those things can be achieved through science...

Juggs invulnerability? Ultron? Amazo? Wolverine's Resurrection? How many numerous characters have been brought back from the dead through science? Superman's weakness to magic is part of his krypton heritage, which is biological and could in theory be replicated through science and the mapping of the krypton genome

I stand by my statement that magic = science

fangirl101
All of those things can be achieved through science...

Juggs invulnerability? Ultron? Amazo? Wolverine's Resurrection? How many numerous characters have been brought back from the dead through science? Superman's weakness to magic is part of his krypton heritage, which is biological and could in theory be replicated through science and the mapping of the krypton genome

I stand by my statement that magic = science

Mxy's powers are actually super-science and superman is extremely vulnerable to them.

draxx_tOfU
Hellboy ftw...

G-Mafia
If I recall correctly, Abra Kadabra's "magic" was once just advanced science.

srankmissingnin
So... have I won the science = magic debate? big grin

Happy Dance

fangirl101

Happy Dance

In Trinity, Morgan Lefay is made to look a fool by enigma, telling her that his science can do what ever her magic can and then some. Science and Magic are flip sides of the same coin.

srankmissingnin
In Trinity, Morgan Lefay is made to look a fool by enigma, telling her that his science can do what ever her magic can and then some. Science and Magic are flip sides of the same coin.

Yeah but that operates under the misguided notion that magic > science. In the comic book reality anything that can be achieved through magic can and has been achieved through science as well. They are two sides of the same coin... only science has a reason for why the results occured.

Hurray! cool

Starscream M

Happy Dance nope...you've just stumbled upon one of the foundational corollaries of the KMC universe: one cannot win a debate against 'our holy savior' Masterbruce (aka moi), He who has been prophecized to bring about the age of enlightenment to KMC once He has rightfully attained his due, Modship over ALL!

while science may replicate certain affects of magic, it is not the same as magic. science achieves results through universal laws...those laws cannot be changed nor transcended. magic has no laws. therefore, magic will be able to accomplish things that science simply cannot...and yes, Im talking about in comics.

fangirl101
nope...you've just stumbled upon one of the foundational corollaries of the KMC universe: one cannot win a debate against 'our holy savior' Masterbruce (aka moi), He who has been prophecized to bring about the age of enlightenment to KMC once He has rightfully attained his due, Modship over ALL!

while science may replicate certain affects of magic, it is not the same as magic. science achieves results through universal laws...those laws cannot be changed nor transcended. magic has no laws. therefore, magic will be able to accomplish things that science simply cannot...and yes, Im talking about in comics.

name something that magic in comics has achieved that science did not?

srankmissingnin
nope...you've just stumbled upon one of the foundational corollaries of the KMC universe: one cannot win a debate against 'our holy savior' Masterbruce (aka moi), He who has been prophecized to bring about the age of enlightenment to KMC once He has rightfully attained his due, Modship over ALL!

Oh, shit you're Masterbruce?

... and I've proved you wrong, loooooooooads of times. big grin

Mindset
Mxy's powers are actually super-science and superman is extremely vulnerable to them.

Actually they've been described as magic too.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mindset
Actually they've been described as magic too.

One certainly has to wonder. They were magic so that he could not effect superboy prime for the story since SBP is immune to magic. Yet the other version of mxy at the end of the story describes his powers as super science.

Mindset
Yea, they're stupid.

psycho gundam

Happy Dance no, magic is the realm OUTSIDE of science, often
magic seems to break the rules of physics and universal laws.

10 doves fitting in a top hat, sawing through a living woman, seemingly teleporting a space shuttle, levitating without visible aid. etc.

magic doesn't exist in our reality because all those things are optical illusions/ slight of hand, but the implied visual trick is magical.

hellboy still dies

big grin

llagrok
Originally posted by G-Mafia
If I recall correctly, Abra Kadabra's "magic" was once just advanced science.

You're most correct

carver9
Wolverine 10/10. Sentinels would give wolverine a harder fight then hellboy.

Starscream M
Originally posted by carver9
Wolverine 10/10. Sentinels would give wolverine a harder fight then hellboy. loving the sarcasm...well, I hope it's sarcasm confused

srankmissingnin
no, magic is the realm OUTSIDE of science, often
magic seems to break the rules of physics and universal laws.

10 doves fitting in a top hat, sawing through a living woman, seemingly teleporting a space shuttle, levitating without visible aid. etc.

magic doesn't exist in our reality because all those things are optical illusions/ slight of hand, but the implied visual trick is magical.

In comic books magic ISN'T outside the realm of science, because science has progressed to a such stage where there are virtually no limitation. Every that can be a achieved though magic can like wise be achieved via science.

magic = science

cool

llagrok
loving the sarcasm...well, I hope it's sarcasm confused

You think Hellboy would do better than class 50+ self repairing giant robots? Who can fire lasers, machine guns, rockets, etc?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>