Best big battle/war

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
Dominion War gets a nod from me.

jaden101
wolf 359....even though you dont get to see it

the borg v species 8472

Shakyamunison
The first episode with the Romulins. 'Balance of Terror'

starlock
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
thumb up

Raoul
the battle from sacrifice of angels is probably the best on-screen starship battle (that or the battle with the borg in first contact), imo...

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Raoul
the battle from sacrifice of angels is probably the best on-screen starship battle (that or the battle with the borg in first contact), imo... Sacrifice of Angels was spectacularly executed. It may still be the best fleet battle even now.

Though on a much smaller scale, the ST:FC battle against the Borg Cube was short, but well done. The Enterprise v the Scimitar was also pretty cool to look at.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul

Agreed

TrollDog
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The first episode with the Romulins. 'Balance of Terror' I can agree with this.

Scoobless
Just after Worf joined DS9, when the Klingons attacked en mass.

Mindship
Did anyone ever read the ST:TNG novel Vendetta, by Peter David? It's been years since I read it. The climactic battle involved an upgraded Doomsday Machine against the Borg. Pretty cool.

tdazz
Originally posted by Scoobless
Just after Worf joined DS9, when the Klingons attacked en mass.

That was a good one. That was like the only time the space station fought anything and it was spectacular.

Also as others mentioned Dominion War was fantastic.

Raoul
Originally posted by Mindship
Did anyone ever read the ST:TNG novel Vendetta, by Peter David? It's been years since I read it. The climactic battle involved an upgraded Doomsday Machine against the Borg. Pretty cool.

sounds cool... i'd heard the doomsday weapon was supposed to be built purely to fight the borg...

UltimaKuja
My fav would currently be the battles from "Scorpion" 3x26-4x01.

Voyager+Borg+Species 8472 = win.

Darth Truculent
Dominion hands down.

BoyScoutKevin
Originally posted by Raoul
sounds cool... i'd heard the doomsday weapon was supposed to be built purely to fight the borg...

I've read it, too. And I'd like to recommend a couple of more "Star Trek" books with battle scenes in them. "Fallen Heroes" and "Vengeance." Both by Dafydd ab Hughes.

Actually, "Fallen Heroes" has some of the most memorable death scenes I've ever read in a book.

One character sees death in various shades of red.

Another character sees death as people from her past. Forgetting that all the people she sees have already died.

And another character, about to be shot in the back, turns around to face the shooter, so when found, all the wounds would be seen to be in front.

Both good books.

Raoul
whcih is Vengeance? i think i've read that...

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by tdazz
That was a good one. That was like the only time the space station fought anything and it was spectacular.

the station also fought the dominion/cardassian joint fleet when they took over the station end of season 5. another cool large scale battle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.