How many Green Lanterns would it take to bring down Silver Surfer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Astner
Any idea? The overpowered Lanterns being overlooked of course.

carnage52
about 3 1 with good willpower

Mindset

TricksterPriest
Just one. And he's written a book on willpower. 313

Lord Feron
I know im gonna catch alot of sh*t for this post but lets see how many people agree. Hal has the best chance to beat him Kyle John kilowag salacck and the other guys that normally rolls with this tier of dude which add up to around idk 6 or so. Everyone but them...yes EVERY single other GL (sodam yat included until he proves himself.. im sure he will basically supes with a ring so anyway) combined might beat SS. The no name GLs are maded to die and are canon fodder. If you combine a couple of the top tiers like Kyle John and Kilowog they should put up a great fight against SS. Hal by himself should be a good fight to. So yep thats my take *catcher mit ready to catch some shit* lol

TrollDog
Two.

redhotrash
I think Kyle and Hal should be able to do it. If you are going by fodder GLs then maybe as many as 5+

Soljer
One Lantern can give the Surfer the fight of his life, assuming it's one of the big names - Hal, Alan or Kyle, namely.

Two Earth-man Lanterns would beat him for a healthy majority.

Otherwise...it'd probably take around seventy two hundred.

janus77
5-6 or maybe 3 of the big names.

psycho gundam
the amount it takes for superman and then some imo

Galan007
Definitely: Hal, Kyle, and Kilowog.

More than likely: Alan, Guy, and John.

As for the no namers... meh, who knows? ermm

Endless Mike
If you mean average lanterns, maybe 20-40

Badabing
Hal = 1 greenlandurn

Endless Mike
Wasn't it specified that "overpowered lanterns" (i.e. Hal, Guy, Kyle, Kilowog, Sodam, John, etc.) were excluded?

Badabing
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Wasn't it specified that "overpowered lanterns" (i.e. Hal, Guy, Kyle, Kilowog, Sodam, John, etc.) were excluded? Hence the Dur smilie. no expression

duryes

Soljer
Originally posted by psycho gundam
the amount it takes for superman and then some imo

You mean....

One?

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Badabing
Hence the Dur smilie. no expression

duryes

Ah, sorry, I wasn't paying attention

Badabing
Ah, sorry, I wasn't paying attention You DARE ignore a Dur?! durfist

Anyway, average Lanterns I'd say at least 5.

nimbus006
Assuming overpowered Lanterns consists of: Hal, Kyle, Alan, Sodam, perhaps and Kilowog.

Also assuming dead Lanterns don't count.

I say John, Guy, Salaak, Mogo, and Hannu could probably do it.

So 5.

fangirl101
Originally posted by nimbus006
Assuming overpowered Lanterns consists of: Hal, Kyle, Alan, Sodam, perhaps and Kilowog.

Also assuming dead Lanterns don't count.

I say John, Guy, Salaak, Mogo, and Hannu could probably do it.

So 5.
Mogo should be able to do it alone.

fangirl101
3 decent Lanters with fully charged rings and some training should be able to do it.

Mindset
No, most Gls are fodder.

I bet Punisher could take on around 100

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mindset
No, most Gls are fodder.

I bet Punisher could take on around 100

Most GL's are fodder to Beings who are beyond Herald lvl.

Mindset
Originally posted by fangirl101
Most GL's are fodder to Beings who are beyond Herald lvl.
No, most Gls are just fodder period.

Punisher takes out 300

fangirl101
No, most Gls are just fodder period.

Punisher takes out 300

Are they now? Show many multiple no name gl's being taken out by a herald class being.

Mindset
Are they now? Show many multiple no name gl's being taken out by a herald class being.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/GreenLantern1994049pg_05.jpg

So Punisher could probably take out around 400, I don't remember Hal ever performing surgery on himself.

fangirl101
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/GreenLantern1994049pg_05.jpg

So Punisher could probably take out around 400, I don't remember Hal ever performing surgery on himself.

You are using a scan of people fighting the one who trained them who they didn't want to fight as evidence? That is the best you got? LMAO.

Mindset
You are using a scan of people fighting the one who trained them who they didn't want to fight as evidence? That is the best you got? LMAO.

Sorry, I don't need any better. Also they are better than any no name GL.

DigiMark007
Wasn't it specified that "overpowered lanterns" (i.e. Hal, Guy, Kyle, Kilowog, Sodam, John, etc.) were excluded?

I think overpowered meant things like Ion and Parallax.

fangirl101
Sorry, I don't need any better. Also they are better than any no name GL.

Do better. They didn't even want to fight Hal. And they couldn't break thier rings protocal to kill someone. Name someone who can kill Gl's when they are trying to kill back who is herald lvl? even the sinestro corps members couldn't do it once the restriction had been removed.

llagrok

A senior and his rookie fighting HAL JORDAN is supposed to count as no names losing to OTHER herald levelers?

You can do better.....if not, kill yourself.

Mindset
Originally posted by llagrok
A senior and his rookie fighting HAL JORDAN is supposed to count as no names losing to OTHER herald levelers?

You can do better.....if not, kill yourself.

A senior and his rookie being beaten by Hal Jordan( A herald level character), shows that SS could take on a bunch of no name GLs who would be weaker than the people Hal fault. no expression

llagrok
A senior and his rookie being beaten by Hal Jordan( A herald level character), shows that SS could take on a bunch of no name GLs who would be weaker than the people Hal fault. no expression

I see where you're coming from, but I disagree.

Hal was NOT a mere herald leveler there. Did you read the full emerald dawn? Because they make it pretty clear.

Mindset
I see where you're coming from, but I disagree.

Hal was NOT a mere herald leveler there. Did you read the full emerald dawn? Because they make it pretty clear.

Yes I have, where did it say he was not a mere herald level character? At this point he had not received any other rings.

If he was beyond herald level, his fight with Sinestro wouldn't have been as close as it was.

llagrok
Yes I have, where did it say he was not a mere herald level character? At this point he had not received any other rings.

If he was beyond herald level, his fight with Sinestro wouldn't have been as close as it was.

I love that ABC logic of yours.

How did Hal take out Shaggy man so easily then?

No one is putting rookie lanterns on par with HIGH herald characters, but don't fool yourself if you think that losing to Hal Jordan is supposed to testament to you being weaker than the Surfer.

Mindset
I love that ABC logic of yours.

How did Hal take out Shaggy man so easily then?

No one is putting rookie lanterns on par with HIGH herald characters, but don't fool yourself if you think that losing to Hal Jordan is supposed to testament to you being weaker than the Surfer.

That is not ABC logic, if Hal was beyond herald level he would have beaten Sinestro easily, or at the least the fight wouldn't be close.

llagrok
That is not ABC logic, if Hal was beyond herald level he would have beaten Sinestro easily, or at the least the fight wouldn't be close.

Not really.

Sinestro beat Kyle really easily and strangely they're both high heralds, and even more strangely, Kyle still has plenty of High herald + feats.

Mindset
Not really.

Sinestro beat Kyle really easily and strangely they're both high heralds, and even more strangely, Kyle still has plenty of High herald + feats.

When was this, when Kyle was still new?

And where did you get Hal was beyond herald level?

llagrok
When was this, when Kyle was still new?

And where did you get Hal was beyond herald level?

In Rebirth, it's about 3 years old and Sinestro destroyed Kyle in Sinestro Corps war.

Hal's numerous feats put him at high herald +

Mindset
In Rebirth, it's about 3 years old and Sinestro destroyed Kyle in Sinestro Corps war.

Hal's numerous feats put him at high herald +
Well I guess if you ignore the fact that Kyle had the yellow weaknes, and Sinestro was using a yellow power ring, then yea, I guess he did kick Kyle's ass. no expression (Rebirth)

I'll have to read SC fight again.

Hal is not beyond herald level. Hal is not beating SS 10/10.

Imo Hal and SS are equals.

llagrok
Well I guess if you ignore the fact that Kyle had the yellow weaknes, and Sinestro was using a yellow power ring, then yea, I guess he did kick Kyle's ass. no expression (Rebirth)

I'll have to read SC fight again.

Hal is not beyond herald level. Hal is not beating SS 10/10.

Imo Hal and SS are equals.

The yellow weakness? lmao

Mindset
The yellow weakness? lmao

Yes, the yellow weakness. http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/04-Green_Lantern_-_Rebirth_04_2005_.jpg

llagrok
Look at 'im! Supposed to be Ion.

Pathetic.

SevenShackles
silver surfer could probly rip into the GL ranks so bad it would only leave the 'overpowered Lanterns' . silver surfer can be a beast and at the level iv seen the average lantern in sinestro war and such silver surfer just dwarfs them. the power ring is a powerful weapon but it means little when cannon fodder wears it.

surfer ftw. he might be hurt, he might be spent. but he wins.

Mr. Slippyfist
All if them.

Soljer
Originally posted by SevenShackles
silver surfer could probly rip into the GL ranks so bad it would only leave the 'overpowered Lanterns' . silver surfer can be a beast and at the level iv seen the average lantern in sinestro war and such silver surfer just dwarfs them. the power ring is a powerful weapon but it means little when cannon fodder wears it.

surfer ftw. he might be hurt, he might be spent. but he wins.
The topic asks "How many Lanterns would it take to beat the Surfer?"

And you answer with "The Surfer wins"?

Meaning...it'd take more than seven thousand Lanterns?

Mr. Slippyfist
Ya... Surfer can't win here... unless there's not enough GL's... shifty

jadervason
Surfer FTW? Got damn.

Why do we even have GL's.

Bentley
SS coats himself yellow and absorbs energy from the rings. Good GL would resist that, but rokies would be steamrolled. SS would take about everyone out there barring name characters.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Soljer
The topic asks "How many Lanterns would it take to beat the Surfer?"

And you answer with "The Surfer wins"?

Meaning...it'd take more than seven thousand Lanterns?

yup. big grin

hey hey hey... their are some really good GL's... only problem is their not in this fight eek!

llagrok
Most Green lanterns can handle yellow now, except the rookies.

King Kandy
Surfer could probably blast through 10-20 weak GLs, depending on the writer.

llagrok
It really depends on how they fight.

Surfer could probably kill a hundred inexperienced ones with a single black hole.

Lord Feron

Oh right... so I change my answer to NO AMOUNT OF GL FODDER WILL TAKE DOWN SS MUHAHAHAHA!!!

Bouboumaster
Hal Jordan with help (Alan, Guy or John or whatever) win.

Kyle with Kilowog win healty too.

llagrok
Hal wouldn't need any help :/

Bouboumaster
Hal wouldn't need any help :/

Yes, or without, he would get his ass kicked

llagrok
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Yes, or without, he would get his ass kicked

feats/board consensus says otherwise.

Avlon
Each lantern has their individual strengths/weaknesses.

Unless we're going with true rookies (like the trainees on OA) two decent GL's should be enough. It really depends on the Lanterns style.

That and SS would probably respect the authority of a space cop force (hell, he's obeyed Earth cops..why not space cops?)

jadervason
Yeah, some of those B lanterns are pretty crafty.

leonheartmm
hal or kyle solo surfer. if they are serious.

Mindset
No

leonheartmm
yes, green lantern PIS feats for the win. anything from destroying planets to destroying suns to destroying oa or taking down the entire jla or destroying the universe. nothing seems to be beyond green lantern's might.

Mindset
Originally posted by leonheartmm
yes, green lantern PIS feats for the win. anything from destroying planets to destroying suns to destroying oa or taking down the entire jla or destroying the universe. nothing seems to be beyond green lantern's might.

Yea, ignoring the stories and just saying random feats does indeed make them seem more powerful than they actually are. smile

SS could give either one of them a fight and has as much chance of winning as they do, possibly more.

leonheartmm
ahhh. but you see, SS doesnt have the PIS monster on his side.

Soljer
ahhh. but you see, SS doesnt have the PIS monster on his side.

Yeah.

He really does.

leonheartmm
surfer's pis monster is like the genie of the ring while GL's pis monster is like the genei of the lamp.

llagrok
surfer's pis monster is like the genie of the ring while GL's pis monster is like the genei of the lamp.

You think the green lantern ring's capabilities are PIS?

If you disagree so much with the way the ring functions, you should look into the power cosmic. I assure you, it has far less limitations than that of the regular green lantern ring.

jrodslam
Yes, the yellow weakness. http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/04-Green_Lantern_-_Rebirth_04_2005_.jpg

Kyle never had the "yellow weakness". Even in rebirth.

Mindset
Originally posted by jrodslam
Kyle never had the "yellow weakness". Even in rebirth.

Yea, too bad he did, the scan just said he did. no expression

jrodslam
Yea, too bad he did, the scan just said he did. no expression

Question. Did you read rebirth? If so, youd know that Kyle didnt. He was already messed up BEFORE getting to Sinestro. The "yellow weakness" was not being able to affect anything yellow as well as not being able to protect againt it.

Youre taking the scan out of context. He didnt have the yellow weakness, but he was stating that he used to say "yellow. what could that do?" to others who DID have the weakness. Kyle wasnt using the ring because parallax was going to influence him like he did the other top lanterns. Him saying "yellow. what could that do?", then getting hit by a Sinestro blast, is showing him how it was for other lanterns who DID have the weakness, to be defenseless to it.

Mindset
Question. Did you read rebirth? If so, youd know that Kyle didnt. He was already messed up BEFORE getting to Sinestro. The "yellow weakness" was not being able to affect anything yellow as well as not being able to protect againt it.

Youre taking the scan out of context. He didnt have the yellow weakness, but he was stating that he used to say "yellow. what could that do?" to others who DID have the weakness. Kyle wasnt using the ring because parallax was going to influence him like he did the other top lanterns. Him saying "yellow. what could that do?", then getting hit by a Sinestro blast, is showing him how it was for other lanterns who DID have the weakness, to be defenseless to it.

So his contructs being easily destroyed by Sinestro was just because he wasn't strong enough?
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/04-04-Green_Lantern_-_Rebirth_04_20.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/04-Green_Lantern_-_Rebirth_04_20-2.jpg

Him saying he could barely hold it together because Parallax is infecting the rings, which caused the yellow weakness if I'm not mistaken, doesn't mean anything?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/04-Green_Lantern_-_Rebirth_04_20-1.jpg

Or him saying, " I never felt this before. Every time Sinestro strikes. My body rots from the inside out. My blood turns to poison." He talks about how John told him how it felt, but he used to laugh about it, but now he knows.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/04-Green_Lantern_-_Rebirth_04_2005_.jpg

I guess this all shows he didn't have the yellow weakness? You do realize there were different degrees that some are affected by it, right?

llagrok
You should check out Kyle and Kilowog's conversation with the rookies in Green Lantern Corps series.

Check with Soljer if you don't believe jrod.

jrodslam
So his contructs being easily destroyed by Sinestro was just because he wasn't strong enough?
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/04-04-Green_Lantern_-_Rebirth_04_20.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/04-Green_Lantern_-_Rebirth_04_20-2.jpg

Him saying he could barely hold it together because Parallax is infecting the rings, which caused the yellow weakness if I'm not mistaken, doesn't mean anything?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/04-Green_Lantern_-_Rebirth_04_20-1.jpg

Or him saying, " I never felt this before. Every time Sinestro strikes. My body rots from the inside out. My blood turns to poison." He talks about how John told him how it felt, but he used to laugh about it, but now he knows.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/04-Green_Lantern_-_Rebirth_04_2005_.jpg

I guess this all shows he didn't have the yellow weakness? You do realize there were different degrees that some are affected by it, right?

You dont seem to understand the scans.

Yes, Kyle constructs were easily broken because......
1. He was already badly hurt because of his crash.
2. Because everytime he used the ring, Parallax was trying to eat at his willpower and influence him.
3. Kyles willpower wasnt strong enough because of 1 and 2 above.

The yellow weakness isnt parallax infecting the rings. The yellow weakness comes from Prallax being stored inside the central power battery on OA. Because Kyles ring isnt derived from that, he doesnt have the same weakness as everyone elses, nor did he need to recharge it like everyone else.

Again. Kyle never had the weakness. Even in rebirth. Even if he wasnt in the crash and less than 100%, because Sinestro may be more powerful than him, that can also be the reason for his construts being broken through by Sinestro. Thats would be because of willpower and willpower only. Kyle didint have the weakness. He was trying to refrain from using the ring as much as possible. Because he felt Parallax trying to take over everytime he used it, it made his attacks against Sinestro even weaker. Now add that to him already begin injured due to the crash.

Arcarsenal
You should check out Kyle and Kilowog's conversation with the rookies in Green Lantern Corps series.

Check with Soljer if you don't believe jrod.
Or you could read, you know, ANY of Kyle's Green Lantern books.

Ahem.

llagrok
Originally posted by Arcarsenal

Ahem.

The point is, Guy takes Kyle 10/10

Arcarsenal
uhuh

Mindset
You dont seem to understand the scans.

Yes, Kyle constructs were easily broken because......
1. He was already badly hurt because of his crash.
2. Because everytime he used the ring, Parallax was trying to eat at his willpower and influence him.
3. Kyles willpower wasnt strong enough because of 1 and 2 above.

The yellow weakness isnt parallax infecting the rings. The yellow weakness comes from Prallax being stored inside the central power battery on OA. Because Kyles ring isnt derived from that, he doesnt have the same weakness as everyone elses, nor did he need to recharge it like everyone else.

Again. Kyle never had the weakness. Even in rebirth. Even if he wasnt in the crash and less than 100%, because Sinestro may be more powerful than him, that can also be the reason for his construts being broken through by Sinestro. Thats would be because of willpower and willpower only. Kyle didint have the weakness. He was trying to refrain from using the ring as much as possible. Because he felt Parallax trying to take over everytime he used it, it made his attacks against Sinestro even weaker. Now add that to him already begin injured due to the crash.

Parallax was like an infection in the power battery, that's why all the rings were affected. I assume that's why Kyle was affected by the Yellow when Parallax infected his ring.

Reading this scan definitely makes it seems like he had the Yellow weakness.

Oh and I know he didn't have to recharge his ring before, but what is he doing here? http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/03-013-GreenLanternRebirth003Rembra.jpg

llagrok
uhuh

I think you meant "This can't be life" 131

Mindset

Ahem.

Which would show nothing about if he had the weakness in Rebirth or not since Parallax wasn't around.

Ahem.

Mindset
Anyway, Hal is not above Herald level.

jrodslam
Parallax was like an infection in the power battery, that's why all the rings were affected. I assume that's why Kyle was affected by the Yellow when Parallax infected his ring.

Oh and I know he didn't have to recharge his ring before, but what is he doing here? http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/03-013-GreenLanternRebirth003Rembra.jpg

Kyle always had a lantern as well as had to charge it. Thing is, he didnt have to charge it like all the other Lanterns did which was every 24 hours.

Arcarsenal
Which would show nothing about if he had the weakness in Rebirth or not since Parallax wasn't around.

Ahem.
Keep trying.

llagrok
Hey, hey! What about my post?

Not forgetting llagrok, now are we?

Badabing
Hey, hey! What about my post?

Not forgetting llagrok, now are we? Who? huh

llagrok
Originally posted by Badabing
Who? huh

durno

Nope, not funny.

Arcarsenal
llagrok
llagrok is online now! New Post Today 06:43 PM This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click

llagrok
uhuh

Them's fightin' words!

Arcarsenal
I'll meet you at the flag pole, sir!

Badabing
durno

Nope, not funny. durlaugh

Mindset
Keep trying.

There's no need, reading earlier GL books with Kyle in it wouldn't even be relevant to the discussion.

Arcarsenal
There's no need, reading earlier GL books with Kyle in it wouldn't even be relevant to the discussion.
GL Rebirth continues right where Kyle's solo left off (the Rebirth prologue).

I'm not going to keep this going though. Vs. topics are bad for my sanity. You should reply to this post with a snarky comment and get the win over me.

Avlon

He's always had to recharge his ring back to full power. What made his ring different after the ION storyline is that he always had a reserve charge. On it's own, it never completely runs out of power.

Mindset
GL Rebirth continues right where Kyle's solo left off (the Rebirth prologue).

I'm not going to keep this going though. Vs. topics are bad for my sanity. You should reply to this post with a snarky comment and get the win over me.

But I love you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.