BATMAN vs BEAST sparring match

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
bruce wayne gets an invite to the x-mansion by logan for a sparring match but he gets called away for a mission.

not wanting to disappoint, hank mcCoy asks politely if he can fill in for logan since he won't be back for hours and he has trained with logan for many years . bruce wayne agrees and they head to the danger room.

-no weopons, after all he is here as bruce wayne but they do know he is batman, and both are wearing workout clothes.

-danger room settings are set to dojo so no objects in the room.

-ko or incapacitation rules are active but beast cannot hold all of bruce's
limbs down for like two hours to win, it has to be a win.

-it is judged on a five point system so five falls is the loser.

Faceman
When you say sparring match do you mean Boxing rules ? Or anything goes ?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Faceman
When you say sparring match do you mean Boxing rules ? Or anything goes ? eastern mixed martial arts rules, so no death blows and groin shots, bitting, pinching, scratching(hank's nails are filled).

allowed:

-elbows
-knees
-submission holds, including joint locks

but remember, they don't want to kill each other just defeat each other.

Apolloknight
batman.

Faceman
Originally posted by psycho gundam
eastern mixed martial arts rules, so no death blows and groin shots, bitting, pinching, scratching(hank's nails are filled).

allowed:

-elbows
-knees

but remember, they don't want to kill each other just defeat each other.

Toss up. Bruce doesn't have the armor so his defenses might crack due to Beasts strength advantage. Batman does have the skill advantage , and the whole ( not wanting to kill each other ) leads me to believe Beast won't unload on Bruce. I'm sure Bats can come up with some sort of hold/ or immobilizing strike..This could go either way, but with your rules the spar might favor Batman.....

Placidity
Beast.

Daredevil1
Batman "wins", his skill is elite enough.

As Daredevil, Cap, Blackpanther have shown its enough to thwart Beast. Batman skill is up there as well.

Ha-Son
Batman.

Badabing
Originally posted by Daredevil1

As Daredevil, Cap, Blackpanther have shown its enough to thwart Beast. Batman skill is up there as well. I agree.

It's seems tough to take people like Bats and Cap and use their feats from comics on KMC. (See Spidey vs Cap threads) I'm fans of both but it seems like their "jobber aura" is an actual power.

My question is do we take their aura into consideration even on KMC? Or do we accept that their jobber aura is nothing more than the high level of skill they possess which makes it appear that more powerful foes slower and less powerful?

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Badabing
I agree.

It's seems tough to take people like Bats and Cap and use their feats from comics on KMC. (See Spidey vs Cap threads) I'm fans of both but it seems like their "jobber aura" is an actual power.

My question is do we take their aura into consideration even on KMC? Or do we accept that their jobber aura is nothing more than the high level of skill they possess which makes it appear that more powerful foes slower and less powerful?

It's not really a jobber aura so much. I think most people have a hard time accepting that in comics, being highly skilled is like having a superpower.

Here, borrow my "Suspension of Disbelief" goggles and take a walk with me.

I believe most people are trying to put a real life cap on what skill can do for someone in comics. Sure DD, BP and BM are skilled but can someone who is just "skilled" with near peak or peak humans stats really beat superhumans?

In truth, we in real life, will never be as skilled as our comic counterparts....EVER. We will see cybernetic suits that grant us superhuman strength and speed, and steroids that grants us enhanced stats before we EVER scrape the surface of what the elite comic martial artist can do.

You may call it a jobber aura, but in truth, how can we know what guys like Cap and BP are capable off? Sure someday we will have guys benching 800lbs while running 60mph, but I guarantee you that same human, even if he devoted his life to martial arts, wouldn't even be able to scrape the surface of what Comic martial artist are capable of.

Now I'm not saying everything elite Martial artist do is just, (SS vs BP, BM vs SUP, CAP vs HULK), but it is no different that a low level superhuman beating a herald. Dumb shit exist everywhere in comics, not just at the elite street-level.

So to answer you question, yes, it is a high level of skill that we as a human race will never have the pleasure of knowing.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Daredevil1

As Daredevil, Cap, Blackpanther have shown its enough to thwart Beast. Batman skill is up there as well.

QFT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.