Most knowledgeable characters in the force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Elite Hunter
I would like a list (at most 10) of which characters have the most knowledge/broadest range in the force.

ThoraxeRMG
Darth Nihilus big grin

Tangible God
I say Luke only due to his experience with both sides of the Force, and his knowledge and power shown later on. This isn't a "Who's More Powerful" thread, so he's a feasible candidate.

Gideon
Palpatine, hands down. This excerpt from Publius contains all of the necessary explanation:

...In addition, Palpatine was the final gatekeeper of the Telos Holocron, which is pretty much the ultimate Sith holocron -- he has knowledge of the disciplines of Naga Sadow, Darth Revan, and even of the events of Malachor V. No other character compares.

Darth Maliko
I say Caedus. And I am NOT a Caedus fanboy. In fact, I despise him.
I say it because he knows of techniques that nobody in the Order have heard of and knows more of them.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Darth Maliko
I say it because he knows of techniques that nobody in the Order have heard of and knows more of them.

Caedus is definitely in the top 5 atleast imo, especially after his journeys studying from other force groups.

Lord Tyranus
I'd say Yoda just because his past is such a mystery...

Dark-Jaxx
Palpatine.

Lt. Valerian
By. Far.

Elite Hunter
Ok so the consensus seems to place Sidious number one. I am now interested you think take the next positions(2nd,3rd,etc.) behind him.

Gideon
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Ok so the consensus seems to place Sidious number one. I am now interested you think take the next positions(2nd,3rd,etc.) behind him.

Sidious is leaps and bounds ahead of any realistic competitor, but if I were to wager a guess: Yoda, Darth Caedus, Luke Skywalker, Freedon Nadd, Count Dooku, Marka Ragnos, and Darth Revan are among the greater tiers in terms of Force knowledge.

Lt. Valerian
Yes, between those seven the competition starts increasing.

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth Maliko

it seemed that by the end of LOTF, Luke pretty much knew everything that Caedus, including a lot of things he didn't (such as influencing his vision of the future, and the being in two places at once that was never explained. If you pick Caedus, wouldn't you have to change that to luke?

and out of curiousity, what did Sidious ever display that no one else knew how to do?

Blue_Hefner
Mace Windu I'd say just because of Shatterpoint, the book and the force power

Kadesh
Most Knowledgeable - Odan Urr, considering how he literally sat on his ass on the Jedi's greatest source of knowledge there's ever been for centuries studying all that he could.

Broadest Knowledge - Sidious, for reasons already stated.

Ignoring anybody who you'd classify an "Ancient" Force User as well as Jacen and Sidious (due to their extremely broad range of knowledge) however, I think it's safe to say that Bane would come next, given how he possessed all of Sadow's knowledge via Freedon Nadd's holocron as well as the greatest and best that Revan had to offer, an extremely strong thirst for knowledge, and an insane learning rate that could easily compensate for an arguable lack of learning time.

Blax_Hydralisk
Maul is up there, I know.

Gideon
Originally posted by Kadesh
Most Knowledgeable - Odan Urr, considering how he literally sat on his ass on the Jedi's greatest source of knowledge there's ever been for centuries studying all that he could.

I wonder if Jocasta Nu would apply as well, then.

caedusrulesall

Broadest Knowledge - Sidious, for reasons already stated.

Ignoring anybody who you'd classify an "Ancient" Force User as well as Jacen and Sidious (due to their extremely broad range of knowledge) however, I think it's safe to say that Bane would come next, given how he possessed all of Sadow's knowledge via Freedon Nadd's holocron as well as the greatest and best that Revan had to offer, an extremely strong thirst for knowledge, and an insane learning rate that could easily compensate for an arguable lack of learning time.

Most idiotic: Noobaris.

banned

Kadesh
Lol. I love how he edited his post three minutes afterwards to include that smilie there. Such effort for such a poor end product, I don't know whether I should laugh at him or try to cheer him up for sucking so badly.

...I think I'll send him some flowers.

Kadesh
Originally posted by Gideon
I wonder if Jocasta Nu would apply as well, then.

How so? She was the Jedi who was in charge of sorting the archives, no? I fail to see how that puts her in the same boat as Odan, who dedicated his life almost fully to his studies, and not to something which is more organisational if anything. It would be like arguing that a librarian would have as good a working knowledge on History as a student of the subject: unnecessarily stupid (and annoyingly so), and that's not even bringing up his age (which is >>>>> Jocasta's) or the fact that vast amounts of knowledge from his time had been lost by the PT era (with anything being rediscovered or developed being completely undefined and unquantified).

Tangible God
Lol. I love how he edited his post three minutes afterwards to include that smilie there. Such effort for such a poor end product, I don't know whether I should laugh at him or try to cheer him up for sucking so badly.

...I think I'll send him some flowers. YOU'RE mocking someone? You? The butt end of 3/4 of the jokes in these forums? Nebaris the Noob is mocking someone? We all know you have no life, making all these socks, but I didn't realise you possessed absolutely no common sense and are unable to comprehend even the most simplest, most obvious things.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Tangible God
YOU'RE mocking someone? You? The butt end of 3/4 of the jokes in these forums? Nebaris the Noob is mocking someone? We all know you have no life, making all these socks, but I didn't realise you possessed absolutely no common sense and are unable to comprehend even the most simplest, most obvious things. It's Nebaris, no commentary required.

Tangible God
Just thought I'd reiterate.

Lord Knightfa11
Id have to disagree with some of you. I would say that krayt, sideous, Bane, Revan, and yoda.

1. Lord Malignar (well, he was trapped In carbonite and his mind and spirit was corrupted and twisted as he learned for four thousand years from the sith entombed on korriban)
2. Yoda (he Trained as a jedi for 800 years, how could he not be the most knowledgeable?)
3. DE Sideous (need I say why?)
4. Revan (So many sith artefacts and temples explored, so little time.)
5. JA Kun (he raided the stronghold of jedi knowledge, and lord knows how much he has inside of him!)
6. Kreya (shes been on the sith, the jedi, she was the historian for the jedi, when she was a jedi. She then was the teacher of trayus academy, and finally travelled the world with the exile)
7. Atris. (In the game, did you see how many sith holocrons she had? it covered her entire area. And she had fallen to the darkside from listening and learning from all of them, so she must have learned alot.)
8. Osuss Urr (well, noobaris DOES have a point here, but he wasn't planted anywhere important.)
9. Darth maul (face it, he killed the MOST SKILLED PERSON!! HE HAS TO BEE KNOWLEDGEABLE!!)
10. Dooku (80 years as a jedi.)

Darth Exodus
Hmmmmm, you have a point with Atris. I forgot about her.

I'm going with

1. Sids
2. Yoda
3. Atris

Lord Knightfa11
I would still put yoda above sids in sheer knowledge. Just me, but yoda has been a jedi long before sids was even in diapers.

Dark-Jaxx
True, but Yoda only studied the Light Side, Palpatine devoted his time to studying all spects of the Force.

Lord Knightfa11
just in theory then
Sideous=70 years old, but he studied twice as much as yoda could have in 70 years because he studied both the darkside and the lightside. Lets just say he started training at 16. 64 years training in both sides.

Yoda has studied 800 years. Since he has only trained in half of the force, he would know half as much as a yoda who trained in all of the force. 800/2=400 years. No matter how you slice it, yoda has been arond more, even thou sideous might just have him on sheer power.

caedusrulesall

What can I say? I forgot to add it when I first posted. Just like you constantly forget how much of a worthless sack of crap you are, Noobaris.

I think I'll throw the flowers in the trash. They're probably some kind of weed that comes back over and over again, just like you do.

Lord Knightfa11
this is bashing. If i was an admin, i would give you both a warning, and ban noobaris again.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
True, but Yoda only studied the Light Side. . .

http://sf.startupweekend.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/o_rly.jpg

mechmoggy

# IKP (SAME BROWSER)(ALMOST CERTAIN A SOCK)

Toodles!

truejedi
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
True, but Yoda only studied the Light Side, Palpatine devoted his time to studying all spects of the Force.

yoda had studied other aspects of the force, that is why he was able to deflect force lightning with his hands while the other jedi were able to deflect it only using their sabers. It hints at other brushes he had with the dark side in Cestus Deception i believe. (been awhile, i don't remember circumstances)

Faunus
Labyrinth of Evil and Dark Rendezvous, actually.

Lord Knightfa11
so logically, how would palpatine be the most knowledgeable over even dooku, who was a jedi almost as long as he was a sith? THeoritical, im not debating this point. My point is that power does not equal knowledge.

Gideon
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
so logically, how would palpatine be the most knowledgeable over even dooku, who was a jedi almost as long as he was a sith? THeoritical, im not debating this point. My point is that power does not equal knowledge.

This sort of shit kind've bothers me. I take the time to post a well reasoned argument that canonizes why Palpatine's knowledge kicks the utter dogshit out of any other character's, and you apparently refuse to read it. It's not our obligation to reiterate everything to you; read the damn argument and if you still have questions, let us know.

Lord Knightfa11
1. Chill off.
2. I have a tendancy to read the first post, and then type in my opinion. If someone else has an alternate opinion, I ask them why, and then give the logical reason for my opinion. I am not going to read the entire thread before posting, as if i was to do this at, say, the ROTS kenobi vs Maul thread, I would find myself reading fifteen long pages of you arguing against noobaris or the like. I went back to read what you said, and you posted some essay on sideous by some nerd. Plubius is not a cannon source. I do not see anything he says there that he has sourced or substantiated, although I recognise a quote or two that I recognise from dssb.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by mechmoggy
# IKP (SAME BROWSER)(ALMOST CERTAIN A SOCK)

Toodles!

The hell. ?

Lord Knightfa11
um. I think that was noobaris's ip adress. not sure thou. You are right to ask.

Blax_Hydralisk
Well not that, so much as Mech just showing up.

In the two years that I have been here I have never actually seen Mech post here.

Lord Knightfa11
oh yea, come to think of it, i have only seen that sig in queeq's blue milk bar...

Gideon
1. Chill off.

You probably meant "chill out", and normally I would forgive you for your error, but my religion forces me to persecute morons.

That's your prerogative, but when you ask stupid questions like "how da eff is Sidious teh most knowledgeable?" -- a question that had already been answered on this thread -- my patience wears thin. It isn't our obligation to answer every damn question for you when taking five minutes out of your clearly task-free life would have allowed you to come to that conclusion all on your own.

Except this is what? A three page thread? Not exactly the same animal, and unless you have some problem with literacy or a deficiency regarding your attention span, you really don't have any excuse.

You, my friend, give idiocy a bad name. Morons all over the world are putting their heads in their hands, embarrassed by your soon-to-be-legendary ignorance. I'm going to point this out for you once and only once.

...Everything "bolded" is a source. Publius is legendary for being one of the very select few who always has a source for his claim. Perhaps you would do well to increase your reading ability; it's my understanding that "Hooked On Phonics" can be purchased at any major store.

Blax_Hydralisk
You probably meant "chill out", and normally I would forgive you for your error, but my religion forces me to persecute morons.

Catholic?

Gideon
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Catholic?

I said "morons". Not "everybody". Or "the whole ****ing world".

Lord Knightfa11
task-free life would have allowed you to come to that conclusion all on your own.

wow. you are an idiot.

I have a problem with time. I just don't have enough of it. I am often on this in boring pauses in my job.
once again, I did not read your sycophantic reference to some nerd. And as you yourself has said, The hooked on phonics line is so original... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Honestly, I did not read your nerd's reference all the way through, as i was taxed for time, i skimmed it. I am not trying to lure you into an insult fight (which seems to be the only thing you can accomplish; why not try debating sans insults?) I asked an innocent and simple question that did not require an essay to answer.

Elite Hunter

That's your prerogative, but when you ask stupid questions like "how da eff is Sidious teh most knowledgeable?" -- a question that had already been answered on this thread -- my patience wears thin. It isn't our obligation to answer every damn question for you when taking five minutes out of your clearly task-free life would have allowed you to come to that conclusion all on your own.

Except this is what? A three page thread? Not exactly the same animal, and unless you have some problem with literacy or a deficiency regarding your attention span, you really don't have any excuse.

You, my friend, give idiocy a bad name. Morons all over the world are putting their heads in their hands, embarrassed by your soon-to-be-legendary ignorance. I'm going to point this out for you once and only once.

...Everything "bolded" is a source. Publius is legendary for being one of the very select few who always has a source for his claim. Perhaps you would do well to increase your reading ability; it's my understanding that "Hooked On Phonics" can be purchased at any major store.

PWNAGE by Gideon. I agree with the part of repeating yourself. I had to answer the same question in the maul thread about 5 times because of people not reading.

Gideon
wow. you are an idiot.

...Because, in either scenario, you don't seem to present much of a challenge.

Job? You get paid to sit in your basement with the curtains drawn, doing God knows what on the internet?

While, clearly, Publius devotes a great deal of time to Star Wars and thus might be considered a nerd given the amount of time he spends on a fictional subject, you do realize that calling him a nerd is inconsequential, correct? I mean, look at you. You come here attempting to debate, insult me, then whine about 'debating, not insulting!!1!', and then call a widely respected logician a nerd? Is this some attempt to make you seem... badass? You've got a long way to go, my good friend.

Perhaps if you took the time to read rather than respond (by responding, you really do eliminate any doubt that you're anything but a fool), your question would have been answered. If it's a long thread, I understand that, but it wasn't and everything was properly sourced. Stop bitching and move on; you've lost.

Lt. Valerian
I enjoy reading pwnage of that kind, Gideon. It's quite satisfying.

Lord Knightfa11
Stop bitching and move on; you've lost.

When were we fighting?

Lord Tyranus
I said "morons". Not "everybody". Or "the whole ****ing world".

Got something against Catholics do we?

Gideon
Originally posted by Lord Tyranus
Got something against Catholics do we?

Yes, that's it. I'm impressed, can't slip anything past you... perhaps a career in criminal investigation would suit your powers of observation best?

Lord Saboteur
Yes, that's it. I'm impressed, can't slip anything past you... perhaps a career in criminal investigation would suit your powers of observation best? I wonder what's next, Gideon being a Sith Lawd in disguise?

Gideon
Originally posted by Lord Saboteur
I wonder what's next, Gideon being a Sith Lawd in disguise?

Nonsense. Allow Capta -- or rather -- Detective Obvious to come to this conclusion on his own.

(I actually have no beef with the Catholic Church in any form; I pick on everyone without discrimination or prejudice)

Blax_Hydralisk
Well, I hate blacks.

So...

Lord Knightfa11
Yes, that's it. I'm impressed, can't slip anything past you... perhaps a career in criminal investigation would suit your powers of observation best?

If your catholic, don't be offended. He has something against everyone. he is just bitter.

Pyron_Knight
C3PO.

Tangible God
Wookiepedia. Yoda or Caedus don't even compare.

Lord Saboteur
Nonsense. Allow Capta -- or rather -- Detective Obvious to come to this conclusion on his own. Hahahaha!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.