Mandalors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ryamathart
SINce the next movie is the rest of the clone wars are we going to see the infamous mandalorian warriors? That help exterminate the jedi or is that just in EU.

finti
The clone wars end in the begining of the epIII

Ushgarak
Just EU, I am afraid!

ryamathart
goddamn everythings eu

Mujaffa
that would have been cool...but cheese poofs.......its eu

Ushgarak
Everything you heard about the Clone Wars that was not in AOTC is most definitely EU and totally inaccurate. Sorry!

ryamathart
jesus christ

ryamathart
u mean everything thats good and that i like is eu damn

finti
totally opposite of me then

Julie
I happen to like EU....but I don't know if there will be anything significant....if anything just a little tip of the hat to the Mandalors

ryamathart
That would be nice, cause it would be cause i that kinda is a big part of the clone wars isnt it? THE mandalors were supposed to responsible for killing a lot of jedis werent they?

Volundro Ramm
I don't Know what you just wrote...all i know is that i didn't understand it.... Anyway, what part of EU was this? I mean was it written about in a book or comic, or is just one of those unaccurate rumours?

ryamathart
uh it was just me pondering

jedi_blade
Ponder about something that has a basis in fact then big grin :P J/K

Julie
think.....use the force....

jedi_blade
My schwartz is bigger than yours! big grin

Julie
forgive the naiveity....uh but what the heck does that mean?

jedi_blade
Never seen Spaceballs have you? wink

Julie
nope...and I have been meaning to get around to that....uh life's too busy...

jedi_blade
Probably one of the best Mel Brooks movies (The man's a genius what can I say smile )

Julie
Uh whose Mel Brooks....I live in a medium sized box..so you'll have to tell me about some things....

jedi_blade
*sigh*

Mel Brooks is a comedy genius who made parody movies based on some of the biggest box-office hits.

For instance: Robin Hood: Men in Tights was a parody of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (Really?!?!?!)
Spaceballs had a mix of a parody of Star Trek, Star Wars, and a throwback to the Alien series.

Darth Ninja
Okay, lets clear up a few things on the Mandalorian Warriors. The terms Mandalore, Madalore Warrior, Mandalorian, Mandalorian Warrior, Jodo Kast and Fenn Shysha ARE all EU. The fact that Jango Fett and Boba Fett wear armored battle suits IS canon. The battle suits belonging to a group of evil warriors defeated by the Jedi during the Clone Wars IS semi-canon/semi-EU because it is mentioned in the Empire Strikes Back novel.

Ushgarak
About to be rendered non-canon though.

Captain REX
Aren't the Mandalores wiped out in Jango Fett: Open Seasons?

Darth Ninja
Originally, Boba Fett was suppossedly the last Mandalorian Warrior. With his fellow warriors gone, Boba was out of work. Therefore he put his skills to use in bounty hunting. Now it seems that the story was pushed back, with Jango Fett as the last Mandalorian and Boba just carried on the tradtion from his father. It is believed that Jodo Kast is NOT a Mandalorian Warrior. He somehow acquired a Mandalorian battlesuit and tried to "replace" Boba Fett. That eventually cost Jodo his life (Boba killed him). As for Fenn Shysha, I know very little on him/her. Only that he/she wears a Mandalorian battlesuit. There suppossedly is yet another being who wears a Mandalorian battlesuit. This being is refered to as Dala when Boba Fett confronts Jodo Kast. It is almost certain that Fett wasn't referring to Admiral Dalla (notice the spelling difference).

Ushgarak
Yes... Mandalorian even got a mention in Bantha Tracks, once.

But it seems the whole deal of them ever having been opponents to the Jedi is fading rapidly out of continuity.

finti
oh I remember Bantha Tracks smile, once a member some 20 years ++ ago

Captain REX
Here's that Fenn Shysa that you were talkin about Darth Ninja.

Now, what exactly was Bantha Tracks? Sorry, but I haven't heard of it...

Captain REX
Fenn is from the Marvel comics, so he's considered part of the category "Infinities" for some odd reason.

finti
Bantha Tracks was the "news " mag for Star Wars fan club members, at least when I was a memeber in the late 70`s early 80`s

Captain REX
No wonder I don't know anything about it...

Darth Ninja
Fenn Shysha is referred to by Boba Fett in Twin Engines of Destruction. Fett also refers to the (virtually unknown) Mandalorian Dala when he confronts Jodo Kast.

General Kaliero
I always thought Jango was the last Mandalorian warrior and Boba just inherited the armor. Of course, I've read little EU and don't know much of that. Seems I've been ruled out by proffessional authors though... so where do Jaster Mereel and Montross fit into all of this? Or were they created just for Bounty Hunter and Marvel? We need a writer to pounce on the possibilities of Jango's history...

finti
Well EU stuff has no place in this forum, EU has its own

Darth Ninja
Boba Fett is reguarded as a legend (in the SW galaxy) and many stories surround him (and his father). Jaster Mereel was one of many aliases he used. If Jango was the Mandalorian Warrior and Boba learned from Jango, then that technically makes Boba the last Mandalorian Warrior (even if he didn't complete his training). Remember that EU is based off of canon. That just means it isn't "absolute." EU provides wonderful inspiration, but when dealing with canon, EU has virtually no effect. Very rarely will an EU item become semi-canon and even more rarely canon like double-bladed lightsaber (first seen in The Sith War wielded by Exar Kun). It all comes down to was it in the movies or not.

queeq
Indeed. And so far there are no Mandalorians in SW movies and I doubt there ever will be.

finti
eu

queeq
Finti and his love for the European Union... evil face

finti
and expanded universe

queeq
laughing out loud

Darth Blender

stefaan
Hey darth blender, do you see komari vosa in the Jango Fett Opening Seasons comics?

Darth Blender

darklighter1
Spoilers???
Well plus the entire clone army is a based off off Jango's template who was the last Mandalorian. The jedi were wiped out by the clones so maybe indirectly the Mandalorians did prove to be a major part of the Clone Wars and a Jedi nemisis.......from a certain pointy of view...

Darth Blender

Jedi Priestess
Would you mind not bumping threads that are this old. Lance has already stated he doesnt want this going on.

Darth Subjekt
something Ive noticed here lately. If someone starts a duplicate thread, then they're an ******* and get bitched at.....if they find the original and post in there because they want to discuss it, then they're assholes and get bitched. So is there a happy median? I'm not trying to be a male reproductive organ, but i mean damn, its a vicious double edged sword. So seriously, whats the "right" thing to do?

peluffo
The problem is that some users don't understand what they has to do. If common users just posts opinions, and let mods do their job, these problems could never show up. But when a common user takes the mod duty in his hands, things tend to get out of control.

I'll wait a mod to put the things in the right places.

/Ontopic

I thing that the "great mandalor warriors" about the old myth speaks of, are the clone troopers, clones of the last mandalore warrior himself, and with their armors very similar to the old army (helmet specially)

Darth Jello
yeah, I agree with that, the mandalorians are the clonetroopers, at least up to episode III. That's why Durge wants to exterminate them so much. Jango Fett was really the last of the true Mandalorian Shocktroopers/Supercommandos.

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Would you mind not bumping threads that are this old. Lance has already stated he doesnt want this going on.

Well JP, I only didn't want the USELESS bumping of old threads to happen, IE if someone were to bump and old thread with only a smilie as their post, that is useless. Look at Darth Blender's post in this thread again, it is a very well thought out post that adds to the usefulness of this thread.

Let me do my job, there is no need to berate posters for doing something you believe to be wrong. If you think that they shouldn't be doing what they are doing then feel free to Report the post, and one of the other moderators or myself will see fit to do what we believe needs to be done.

Darth Subjekt also had a very good point on the matter of members yelling at other members for creating duplicate threads, but getting yelled at again for posting in an "old topic". I do not want to see this constant bickering anymore, just report the posts using the link found on the post, or PM me a link with an explanation as to why you think it to be so wrong.

By no means does this only apply to JP, it applies to everyone in our humble forum here.

Captain REX
blink

Hey, I remember this thread! eek!

Jedi Priestess

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
WTF is this? I almost NEVER EVER post here anymore and once again I get my name singled out in a PUBLIC post AGAIN. Could this GET any more lame? I wouldn't have a problem with this at all if it happened when other people say something but it rarely does. However if I post ANYTHING it seems there are 2 responses.

A. A flame by that Pefullo which is ALLOWED because apparently because he
Or
B. Some kind of ass chewing by a moderator.

This is a fecking message board. I could care less anymore, as Ive raided all the decent posters to join the Alliance, where sanity reigns and none of this stupid bullsh*t goes on. So you can ALL kiss my ass. K? eek! If just ONE of you moderators took the TIME to go back through this section, you would see that I am NOT responsible for most of the flamage here, but apparently that goes beyond your intelligence or its not in your job description, or you are just too damn lazy to do it. At any rate I don't care anymore, ban me, kiss my ass, do whatever floats your boat. Very few of the "smart" posters post here anymore and the reason for that is the lunacy that is allowed to go in here.

smooches

JP, I used your name because you were the one at fault here. If you would be so kind as to read my post again, It's Not Directed Just To You. I've had enough of all this childishness. I've been keeping an eye on the all the threads I can, but I can't be at every thread every minute of the day, I have a real life job that I have to do firstly.

Like I've already said many times before, if you just use PM's or report the posts then there wouldn't be a problem, but since you take it into your own hands to tell newer members where to stick it, I will come down on you like a 20 lb bag of potatos on a new born kitten.

This goes to everybody, I appreciate you trying to help, but in the end it's just flaming the newer members and that in itself is reason for a warning.

So JP, consider this a warning.

Captain REX
Wow, and I thought you loved Lance's work as moderator.

JP, please read a tad more carefully dear. I do defend you occasionally, but that was kind of a spaz-out post there. messed

I support Lance's reply. This is the kind of thing that leads to flaming. The bumper of this ancient thread actually had good intent, but multiple people jumped down his throat for it.

It's not directed at you JP. This may be a bit harsh, but try to not make it about yourself. erm

Jedi Priestess
Sorry, was a spazz-out day...and I wasnt nasty about my original reply, I did however misread the post that bumped, so I was wrong there and for that I apologise. What set me off was the person who feels the need to post a snot assed reply after nearly all of mine if he can get away with, and then I was the one that got mentioned by name and as usual he skated off into the sunset, hence the spazz out post. And Lance knows I have nothing against him, or at least he should. mwah1

Captain REX
Doesn't resolve things, but puts them in a better spot, I suppose...

Jedi Priestess
Best I can do after moths of harrassment by that person, sorry Rex. sad

.:Space Opera:.
what the hell is this thread about? WHATEVER!.....

ab2421
Flaming people you'll never meet on a Star Wars message board... priceless.

peluffo
Just the mods have the right to tell people what can and can't do. It's a simple rule to be in a forum.

The mention of common sense rules are not "flaming". Make fun of names, or put some inapropiate references to somebody... well... please, somebody can tell me what a "flame" is? I get confused about it.

PVS
Originally posted by Captain REX
Doesn't resolve things, but puts them in a better spot, I suppose...

the problem is that a blind eye has been turned toward *someone* who has been routinely harassing other members, especially her. and i mean at EVERY turn. for some reason this individual ALWAYS gets off without so much as a "um sir, could you please please pretty please not stalk and harass other members??? please? sir???" -nothing. thats not aimed at any mods in particular, but the policy here seems to be to give warnings to those who have been set off and not the one who purposely set them off through months of routine stalking/trolling. perhaps JP deserved that warning, but someone else who DOES deserve it is laughing at all of you right now.

that can get quite frustrating after a few months.
surely you can understand

Fieperskaivu
...the Mandalorians Wars were thousands of years before episode 1. Go play KOTOR/KOTOR 2 and then you will know the truth.

PVS
awesome game...but thats Expanded Universe.

Fieperskaivu
Yeah it's expanded universe, but it still proves that theres not going to be anything to do with the Mandalorian Wars in Episode 3, yes?

PVS
no it doesnt

expanded universe has nothing to do with lucas' films.
GL allows authors to expand on his story, but his story is in no
way bound to EU. please refer to the sticky thread on this matter,
it should prove helpful in understanding.

but yeah, the books/games/etc are based on the films, but the films
are in no way based on them.

Fieperskaivu
Even still, they have to get permission from GL and therefore he wouldn't allow them to say that it is thousands of years prior if he was going to use it in episode 3. Unless he's an idiot. Are you calling GL and idiot? wink

PVS
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t20461.html

just read the sticky thread.
i dont feel like arguing that the grass is green

peluffo
You're right about it, "mandalorian wars" has nothing to do with ep3.... but nobody says that ep3 and "mandalorian wars" are related in any way... the thread speaks about "mandalorian warriors" as killers of the remaining jedi, not about "mandalorian wars" as an event.

Captain REX
Originally posted by PVS
the problem is that a blind eye has been turned toward *someone* who has been routinely harassing other members, especially her. and i mean at EVERY turn. for some reason this individual ALWAYS gets off without so much as a "um sir, could you please please pretty please not stalk and harass other members??? please? sir???" -nothing. thats not aimed at any mods in particular, but the policy here seems to be to give warnings to those who have been set off and not the one who purposely set them off through months of routine stalking/trolling. perhaps JP deserved that warning, but someone else who DOES deserve it is laughing at all of you right now.

that can get quite frustrating after a few months.
surely you can understand

As much as I think you're a cool member here, PVS, that kinda does sound like it accuses the mods just a tad. erm

What are going to do, ban them all? Nope. The mods have not yet even considered banning JP or whoever you are referring to, seeing as she has not done anything worth banning.

Review the active members who were banned list in the News area. You'll see that they're far worse that JP harping on a thread that's been started for the dozenth time, or one that's been bumped for three years ago.

Why does everyone cling to something that happened months ago, anyway? It reminds of some friends who fought over a guy and still hate each other...

PVS
you read me wrong buddy. the guy who bumped the thread was not the problem.

its not about what happened a month ago. its about what started months ago and continues unchecked. i understand that people wont get along, whatever. but when you have a member routinely stalking and harassing another, then that crosses the line, doesnt it?

and no, i'm not accusing the mods of anything but apathy in this situation. nothing more.

i just care about this because i think TF.N sucks and i shudder at the thought of this forum becoming so riddled with petty nonesense that i'm forced to return there sad

edit: whatever though, i just want to drop it. just wanted you to know what i thought and that i wasnt thinking what you thought i was thinking.
i really dont want this to blow up anymore...i mean...its a star wars forum...

Captain REX
The best we can do is warn them to cut it out or suggest so.

I feel that, PVS. TF.N sucks @$$. whistle

That makes a little better sense, PVS. yes

However, Pel and JP haven't really been THAT bad. JP can jump the gun sometimes, yes, and Pel will be there to correct her. Annoying at best. Both need to let what happened go, and that's all I'll say...

So...about those Mandalorians... whistle

DCLXVI
Yeah....MAndalorians, eh?

Jedi Priestess
Funny, I was under the impression that the only one that was supposed to be "correcting" me was a person with the name MODERATOR under their picture. blink I must have missed an update somewhere.

ShadowKing
starwars

Aayla Secura - EU
Quinlan Vos - EU

They're in the movie (briefly?)

LanİeWindu™
Yes it's true JP, you missed the memo...just kidding.

I just think all of this bickering needs to stop. Like PVS said this is a Star Wars forum, and we don't want it to end up like TF.N's boards. sick I hate that place. laughing out loud

I am here for any of you who want to discuss this matter in private, just message me your concerns and I will answer you, each and everyone of you. If you want to say something about what you think needs to change, feel free to inform me and we'll see what we can do. If it's about a member I will heed your concerns and I'll let you know what I think.

*gets on his knees and raises his arms out*

Please, for the love of all that is good, just stop the bickering. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.