Real Life Matrix (red pill , blue pill)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juk3n
I Lucid dream.

I REALLY lucid dream, i ONLY lucid dream.

To those of you that don't know what lucid dreaming is, think Neo in the Matrix, exept it doesn't just stop at flying, you litterally click your fingers (in you dream) and you can do anything.

It is not a theory, it is a fact Lucid dreaming happens, by accident , to some of us at one point or another, but there are some people who can do it ..at will!

Anyone who has done so knows what a blast it can be ;-).

So my question is this..

If you could live in a drug induced sleepstate for the rest of your life, with your family there to feed you introvenusly (sp?). while you Lucid dreamed the rest of your physical life away ..would you do it?

Bare in mind there are suicidal emotional wrecks who might take this approach (if it existed) and others who feel life is not giving them their due breaks.

But to live in a Lucid dream appeals to me, not that i wanna escape from anything in particular but the thought of anything anytime, anywhere, surely appeals to all mankind..even if its only real in your mind..

So if u could , would you?

Mindship
Originally posted by Juk3n
I Lucid dream.

To those of you that don't know what lucid dreaming is, think Neo in the Matrix, exept it doesn't just stop at flying, you litterally click your fingers (in you dream) and you can do anything.

It is not a theory, it is a fact Lucid dreaming happens, by accident , to some of us at one point or another, but there are some people who can do it ..at will!

So my question is this..

If you could live in a drug induced sleepstate for the rest of your life, with your family there to feed you introvenusly (sp?). while you Lucid dreamed the rest of your physical life away ..would you do it?

Bare in mind there are suicidal emotional wrecks who might take this approach (if it existed) and others who feel life is not giving them their due breaks.

But to live in a Lucid dream appeals to me, not that i wanna escape from anything in particular but the thought of anything anytime, anywhere, surely appeals to all mankind..even if its only real in your mind..

I'm an avid lucid dreamer, and my experience is that you can't just do anything you want. First off, there are varying degrees of lucidity, and secondly, the dreaming process has its own agenda you often have to work with (especially if you want to lengthen the lucidity time).

In any event: No, I would still wanna be able to awaken. I've done all the "parlor tricks" (eg, flying, phasing, superstrength), and have been taking on more intense tasks (eg, meditating while lucid dreaming, working toward OOBEs, if possible). But I would definitely not wanna have my body dependent on others in a reality I've forsaken.

Evil Dead
I have lucid dreams quite often but find that I'm still bound by the laws of physics while in them. Even though I am aware I am dreaming and aware that I can do as I wish, my brain still subconciously holds me to only what it physicly possible.

I did try to break the laws of physics one time in a lucid dream. It led to sleep paralysis.......which was by far the scariest thing I have ever experienced. Since that time, I have attempted it again knowing that it might result in sleep paralysis but I can't......my mind won't let me, subconsiously remembering the trauma caused last time.

ThorofThunder
If you're interested in a Matrix-like reality, look up the theories of Professor Don Hoffman. Professor of psychology at UCI- I was lucky enough to have one of his classes, his theory on our visual system and its interaction with reality is mind blowing.

He essentially proves, with scientific evidence, that what we see is different than what actually exists.

Anyways, with regards to lucid dreaming, does anyone know any good or useful techniques to enter lucid states more often? I've only ever had the opportunity once in my lifetime and it was extremely short. All I did was think, while dreaming, that it was strange that I was dreaming of watching people standing in a line...

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Juk3n
I Lucid dream.

So my question is this..

I would drop the concept of the Matrix movies for a more deep and philosophical work like Huxley's Brave New World. A far more intellectual work than the Matrix trilogy combine.

I don't know if this qualifies as a lucid dream. But here it goes....

...there been plenty of times in which I experiencing a dream that I can take full control. Meaning, if I desire an apple I think of an apple and eat it. If I want to fly or turn invisible, I desire it, and poof! it happens. This happens as I'm dreaming and I know I'm going to wake up. I'm not in between awake or sleep. I know, for a fact that I'm sleep. Once I awake I re-collect my thoughts and feel pretty good.

Would I desire to live in a state of a lucid dream for the rest of my life. No, thank you. I pass...sure it's fun...but reality is where I belong. If I need a vacation from reality...I day dream.

Strangelove
I'd "red pill".

Regardless of whether the alternative was either wakefullness or death. I hate the idea of being in a vegetative state.

Mindship
Originally posted by Evil Dead
I did try to break the laws of physics one time in a lucid dream. It led to sleep paralysis.......which was by far the scariest thing I have ever experienced. Since that time, I have attempted it again knowing that it might result in sleep paralysis but I can't......my mind won't let me, subconsiously remembering the trauma caused last time.
When the body is in deep REM sleep, the brain paralyzes the muscles so we don't act out our dreams. What you lucidly experienced, therefore, was quite normal (just not "normally" experienced).

May I suggest that next time you are lucid, don't try to break any laws of physics. Just be aware that you are dreaming while breathing deeply and relaxfully. Breathing and relaxing seem to hold a lot of power.

Originally posted by ThorofThunder
Anyways, with regards to lucid dreaming, does anyone know any good or useful techniques to enter lucid states more often? Repetition of a "command" before bed (eg, "Tonight I will lucid dream"wink, doing this night after night; reminding yourself during the day to be conscious of what you're doing, where you are. But mostly, I've found the "spontaneity" or "sincerity" of the command matters more than the repeating. Ie, the more heartfelt, the better.

leonheartmm
i cant seem to be able to lucid dream, or dream in the traditional sense. usually im half awake and severely hallucinating at night with an oppressiv and suffocating fealing. i have had one or two lucid dreams and they were pretty nice. i wud like to have more, but not LIVE in one, im more of a red pill kinda guy.

Blue_Hefner
You can't do anything in your dreams normally??? confused

ScarletSpeed
I lucid dream all the time,

by this I mean I know I am dreaming.

when I wake up I think to myself "well I knew I was dreaming so why not have fun with it ?" but it is not as easy as that.

Atlantis001
I has been some time since I last had a lucid dream. I don't have many of them I wish I had it is nice. And my lucid dreams are very unstable, many times they last only a few seconds from the time I become lucid.
I make a lot of effort to not awake up.

There was only one time I could experience a lucid dream long enough.

I think you must try to be completely indiferent when you become lucid like if nothing happened without being too happy because you are lucid dreaming.

There is something interesting in lucid dreams, all your worries, fears, frustrations vanish away when you are lucid since you unsderstand that there are no limitations, it is just a dream. So all problems vanish away in that dream and there comes a sensation of happiness. Maybe there is a state of consciousness like that of lucid dreaming in real life where you could free yourself from all problems understanding the irreality of them in someway.

In fact I think that is what some drugs do, they induce a state of consciousness that makes you free of all problem leading to a state of happiness. Maybe there is a way to learn to do that in real life by yourself. There are times when you have sudden moments of inspiration that makes you free for all problems for a short time. It would be interesting to know a way to train yourself to induce that kind of perception naturally like even making it permanent.

I thinking about this because in a lucid dream every thing changes completely and all of a sudden when you become aware. Thats a very real sensation, who had a lucid dream knows it. Some sort of perception like that in real life would be great. Obviosly I am not talking about breaking physical laws, I am talking about worries, problems and limitations we believe we have.

FoxMeister
Sounds like the movie "Walking Life" at least that's what i think it's called

leonheartmm
i think it was called "waking life" but i cud be wrong.

Mindship
Originally posted by Atlantis001
So all problems vanish away in that dream and there comes a sensation of happiness. Maybe there is a state of consciousness like that of lucid dreaming in real life where you could free yourself from all problems understanding the irreality of them in someway. The acceptance stage of dying.

Maybe there is a way to learn to do that in real life by yourself. There are times when you have sudden moments of inspiration that makes you free for all problems for a short time. It would be interesting to know a way to train yourself to induce that kind of perception naturally like even making it permanent. Surely, sir, you have meditated?

Originally posted by FoxMeister
Sounds like the movie "Walking Life" at least that's what i think it's called Great movie.

lord xyz
Not having an impact of society is a bad thing in my book. However, it would a cool casual thing.

Deja~vu
I have lucid dreams, not in awhile lately though. Lucid dreams give you a real sense of power. They're great. I also experienced sleep paralysis, which like was mentioned earlier, was the most horrifying thing I had ever experienced.

I wouldn't want to be stuck in a state of a lucid dream for the rest of my human life. I'd rather move on. Better things out there than what is offered in this life in your bed lucid dreaming, imo, whether it is another life, or another kind of existence...

BTW, I just love lucid dreaming!

King Kandy
Originally posted by leonheartmm
i think it was called "waking life" but i cud be wrong.
Yeah, that movie is great. It touches upon lucid dreaming in a very insightful and Deep manner, while covering many topics of philosophy. A+.

I only realized I was dreaming once, and woke up a couple seconds after I tried willing stuff to happen (it worked, but I had no chance to enjoy it.)

dadudemon
Originally posted by Evil Dead
I have lucid dreams quite often but find that I'm still bound by the laws of physics while in them. Even though I am aware I am dreaming and aware that I can do as I wish, my brain still subconciously holds me to only what it physicly possible.

It is VERY scary waking in while you're dreaming...especially when you are having a nightmare. I experienced "night terrors" longer than most (longer than anyone I've run into), so I know what its like to "wake up"(I was still dreaming while fully awake...hard to explain but that is what a night terror is.) and genuinely NOT know who you are but have strong but unreachable memories that you ARE supposed to know...that was freaky.

I seem to be bound by certain rules in my dreams no matter how lucid. There are some things that I try to imagine in my dreams but they simply won't "imagine" and it pisses me off in my dreams. Even in my dream I think to myself that I KNOW I could do this with my conscious thought.

One of the coolest things EVER when I'm dreaming is solving really hard math problems. This one time, I was utterly stumped on a proof I was doing in Calculus: it was a pretty damn hard problem. I went to bed, stumped on trying to solve it. Later that night, I literally worked the entire damn thing out in my dream...pages of work and all. Whatever I wrote on the paper in my dream, it stayed there and I was literally writing the problem out in my dream and solving it. As soon as I solved the problem, I woke up. It freaked me out because my REAL memory is far from that good. I then wrote out the problem as I solved it in my dream (because I finally had the "answer" and I remembered most of what I did.) real quick and went back to sleep. The next day, EVERYONE had questions about that problem because no one could solve it. The professor couldn't either. (Even though he had how it was solved in his materials..just in a very incomplete and crappy form). I drew up what I did for everyone on the board. I am by far not the only person to do this in a dream. I've prolly heard a dozen stories about solving a complicated math problem during sleep. I've had a "solve the math problem" dream plenty of times for my physics classes but none were as ridiculously difficult as the proof one that my dream solved.

This makes me wonder....

Is there a way to "turn on" that math solving power so it can be used by conscious thought? It most certainly would be nice! smile

Mindship
Lucid dreaming is like first-stage meditation in that it is a raised level of consciousness. It isn't much (at first), and it doesn't last (because "ordinary" consciousness has a lot of mental inertia), but even at low levels it begins to integrate otherwise closed-off or separated functions. This is why you were able to do those math problems (it's also why you experienced frightful moments): in lucid dreaming you are "thinking" with your whole body, not just your brain. That's the upside. The downside (so to speak) is that because your whole body is involved (this is sometimes called centauric functioning), the ego doesn't have completely free reign. As with any partnership, mind and body have to work together, which means at times one conceding to the other when necessary.

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Deja~vu
I also experienced sleep paralysis, which like was mentioned earlier, was the most horrifying thing I had ever experienced.

I get those all the time,

it is very horrifying and disturbing...

you feel awake but you can't move...I actually heard someone screaming in my dream, but I felt I was awake so I thought it was real, it was horrible lying there being able to do nothing at allno expression

leonheartmm
ive had horrible sleep paralysis a lot of times. but with me, its like whatever thoughts i have when near sleep or sleeping make no coeherent sense in reality and i forget them just as easily. same with a lot of my dreams, they dont make much coeherent sence in cause/affect or continuity and even in ideas.

Mindship
I'm beginning to think many of you are describing hypnagogia rather than actual lucid dreaming. This can also be a very creative state but is at times accompanied by the feeling of "sleep paralysis" (again, a natural safeguard against acting out our dreams).

Deja~vu
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
I get those all the time,

it is very horrifying and disturbing...

you feel awake but you can't move...I actually heard someone screaming in my dream, but I felt I was awake so I thought it was real, it was horrible lying there being able to do nothing at allno expression All I could move was my eyes. My body was frozen and I felt or thought I saw a dark entity, but later I realized it was a blanket close to my face. At the time though, it seemed to get closer and closer until I thought it was going to enter or merge with me and there was nothing I could do about it. I was totally freaking out! I concentrated on trying to move my baby finger and that was really hard, but once I was able to, I snapped out of it.

Lucid dreaming is kinda cool since I can make things happen, go away, make doors appear or change the scenery. I am awhere that I am dreaming. It helped me to conquer nightmares. With those it was difficult at first because your first reflex in a dream is wanting to run, but in time I didn't run but wished it away or changed it all together. At one time when I dreamt something was chasing me, I didn't even turn around to look at it. It lost all it's power. I no longer have nightmares...kinda cool.

I remember getting shot in a dream, getting stabbed or falling off a cliff and thinking, "Wow that should have hurt," guess it's a dream.

leonheartmm
when i have sleep paralysis, it not only feals like im dying {as in the soul} but it really does feal like there is sum1 right in front of me or above me who is pushing down on my very existance {like pushing against my soul} with incredible force, its scary but interesting at the same time.

Deja~vu
Once I had mine, I read quite a bit about it and that is a common symptom of it. It could be like someone sitting on your chest or besides you. You could hear voices. I did. The sentence I heard was only "What are you doing?," repeated twice. But in fact it is just your mind waking partially, and your body lagging behind. You are caught between some place between your brain waking and your body waking. I have read that people that believe they have seen aliens have had this happen to them as believe it to be real. I, myself don't know since I have not experienced all that others have. All I know that it was the most horrific thing I had ever experienced. It only happened once to me. The most horrific and terrifying thing.

I remember thinking about that sentence, "What are you doing?" Hmm, All I thought was, well, "I'm in bed sleeping."...LOL

leonheartmm
its HORRIFYING alright, but not the most horrifying thing i have experienced, although it is similar{in type if not magnitude} in a certain way to the most horrifying things. and it happens quite a lot with me.

Mindship
Being conscious in states of mind where you ordinarily are not conscious is like wandering into a strange country. Things are going on you don't understand: some of it is entertaining; some of it can be scary. The key to getting through it is to relax and breathe. Breath is power.

I once had a dream where a demon had leapt onto my back. I could feel its teeth pressing in on my neck and felt panic not far behind. Then I remembered this was a dream: I felt the reality of this, and all tension--in my body, between me and this manifestation--evaporated.

Anytime I've tried to shoot a beam from my hand in a lucid dream, I've usually been disappointed. Even PK is at times a struggle (though I did recently stop a whole wave of traffic with a wave of my hand). But with breathing, mountains can be moved. Breath is the ticket into the agenda of the dream.

smokin'

Deja~vu
its HORRIFYING alright, but not the most horrifying thing i have experienced, although it is similar{in type if not magnitude} in a certain way to the most horrifying things. and it happens quite a lot with me.

Sorry to hear that..

Why do you think that it happens so many times to you?

I also cannot shoot magic beams from my hands...LOL. BUT, I have power over what scares me...I think "posh shaw,"...just a nothing that is a nothing to me...and like magic, all is well.

The fact is that I don't have any weapons. All I have is my thought about the situation and seems to work out well...I did make a huge balloon once to get us all away from the huge frying pan that was cooking up all the men in the village. It was a horrible site, but Ta Da.....we got away, and in doing so saved a few of our villagers......hahahahaha.

Yeah, my dreams are quite vivid....LOL

I should be Steven King.........LOL

leonheartmm
Sorry to hear that..

Why do you think that it happens so many times to you?

I also cannot shoot magic beams from my hands...LOL. BUT, I have power over what scares me...I think "posh shaw,"...just a nothing that is a nothing to me...and like magic, all is well.

The fact is that I don't have any weapons. All I have is my thought about the situation and seems to work out well...I did make a huge balloon once to get us all away from the huge frying pan that was cooking up all the men in the village. It was a horrible site, but Ta Da.....we got away, and in doing so saved a few of our villagers......hahahahaha.

Yeah, my dreams are quite vivid....LOL

I should be Steven King.........LOL

my dreams are the opposite of lucid. they contain concepts very much obscured and completely alien to anything ihave seen in this world{infact so much so that when i wake up, not only can i not make any sense of what i was thinking but i lose it very very quickly as i try to put my brain in a logical frame of refernce, which is why i forget most of it} and there are some really perverse and repressive emotions present at the time. infact, it is nearly impossible for me to recognise any sense of SELF most of the time, its more like i AM the image or reality i am seeing and dont exist as an entity. sumtimes i see some form of beings or people communicating and usuall more than two and i feal like i am simultaneously each person and yet individually each person at the same time{as in i can not communicate between myself} as well as the entire enviornment and god knows what else. plus, i dont have any real ability to THINK since i am so spread out and not myself, and i cant really control anything that happens.

as to why it happens, i dunno, possibly because im pretty screwed up stick out tongue . and i dont need to go into a dream world for magic smile .

leonheartmm
oh yea, forgot to mention a good parallel to describe part of the fealing, it is LITERALLY like the dementor's sucking everything around you and the demntor's kiss. infact i think i might know what that feals like.
but nuthign to be sorry about dejavu, it seems like its just who i am stick out tongue .

Deja~vu
oh yea, forgot to mention a good parallel to describe part of the fealing, it is LITERALLY like the dementor's sucking everything around you and the demntor's kiss. infact i think i might know what that feals like.
but nuthign to be sorry about dejavu, it seems like its just who i am stick out tongue . Yes, yes, exactly!

For your post just above that, and this will sound really strange, but could it be possible as many would say, that dreams are your soul or spirit experiencing fractional states of being that you might be part of, yet not aware? Yeah, I've read that too.. embarrasment

leonheartmm
Yes, yes, exactly!

For your post just above that, and this will sound really strange, but could it be possible as many would say, that dreams are your soul or spirit experiencing fractional states of being that you might be part of, yet not aware? Yeah, I've read that too.. embarrasment

possibly. {and im not just saying that}
or, it cud also possibly be sum1 screwing with my mind in a more literal fashion than is normally taken. oh well, watever it is, i cant just change it now can i ? big grin

Deja~vu
You have free will to do that..

"0her than maybe a rare few individuals who are so psychologically damaged etc, that they lose even these basic concepts. tend to agree". As if the trees in the forests...Or the mirror doesn't see them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.