Angel vs Highlander

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
Angel/Angelus - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_%28Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer%29

vs

The Highlander, Duncan MacLeod - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_MacLeod

Which centuries old warrior would win?
Three rounds! All 1 on 1 in an empty Nashville, TN.
1. Angel vs Duncan anything goes!
2. Angelus vs Duncan anything goes!
3. Sword fight only!

I know these aren't specifically comic characters but, both have comic series in there name and I figured the vs forum was allowing than now with some of the stuff I've seen lately. Even asked a mod for his opinion first and got the go ahead. wink

Scoobless
Angel .... unless they fight during the day.

Xplosive
Well Duncan after Highlander: Endgame became by far the most powerful Immortal and would crush Angel. Then he even defeated the Guardian. I don't think Angel should even pose some threat to him.

Scoobless
From what I've seen from the Highlander films, and one or two comics, they never really seemed to get any more powerful when they killed other immortals.

Other than the bad guy in the first film knocking down an old stone wall there really weren't many/any feats worth mentioning.

golem370
I think Buffy and Angel bastardized Vampires & Werewolves

Xplosive
Originally posted by Scoobless
From what I've seen from the Highlander films, and one or two comics, they never really seemed to get any more powerful when they killed other immortals.

Other than the bad guy in the first film knocking down an old stone wall there really weren't many/any feats worth mentioning.

Well, you could see the fight between Duncan and the Guardian, they were moving so fast, you couldn't even see what he was doing.

Scoobless
Who is "The Guardian"? .... wait, was he in that sh!t film with both Conner and Duncan? ... yeah, I couldn't watch that whole thing.

Xplosive
Who is "The Guardian"? .... wait, was he in that sh!t film with both Conner and Duncan? ... yeah, I couldn't watch that whole thing.

No, even in worse movie, the last, Highlander: The Source.

Entity
Who is "The Guardian"? .... wait, was he in that sh!t film with both Conner and Duncan? ... yeah, I couldn't watch that whole thing. No the one your talking about is Endgame and I actually kinda liked it. Thou yea it really could've been better but in comparison to most Highlander movies I thought it was more on para with the series which I loved the most.

He's talking about the source. Lets put it this way, if you thought the quickening was bad, it wasn't anything. Seriously, The Source was about the absolute worst piece of shit I've ever seen. And I don't just mean of Highlander series but almost of any movie I've ever seen at all. I really can't think of many at all much worse. sick

As for their power levels. I always just thought of it as really just their skills gaining for each of their quickenings and the quickenings of those they've gained form.

Personally thou I think this is an incredibly evened match. IMO

Scoobless
It actually .... got worse?

damn

no expression

Entity

damn

no expression Horribly so yes sad
Oh and *cough* bump big grin

TricksterPriest

damn

no expression

No way. It's not ****ing possible. no expression

I simply cannot fathom the concept of a movie worse than the quickening and Endgame. What the f**k? It's just too painful. shocklaugh

over

Erik-Lensherr
I thought Highlander: The Source was much worse than Endgame.

Entity
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
I thought Highlander: The Source was much worse than Endgame. Agreed I actually liked Endgame some but The Source was about the worse thing ever imagined by anyone dealing with the highlander series. Words can't describe how much that thing sucked balls.

iceman24567
I wanted to kill my cat after watching The Source no expression.

Scoobless
Your cat hates you.

Entity
Your cat hates you. He should after being forced to watch that piece of shit because he doesn't have opposable thumbs to change the channel. mad

Also it was just so horrible you couldn't really look away. Like the train wreck multiplied by Vietnam of movies. noway

Xplosive
I liked Endgame (except it rushed towards the end, like the producers said to director to finish the job quickly, because it was really well directed till the end. It seemed like the director put an effort and tried to make a good movie). I don't know why people hate it. Is it because Connor dies?
Anyway, The Source was truly immense crap.

starlock
Highlander

I go with highlander....he lives and dies by the sword....but not this time

Entity
Originally posted by starlock
Highlander

I go with highlander....he lives and dies by the sword....but not this time True but while Angel may not be as skilled with a sword as Duncan has become over the years and after all his quickenings; he's certainly not a novice with a blade. He's also got nearly as much life experience behind him, not even counting the hundreds of years he's spent in a hell dimension, and his vampire strength, speed and reflexes edge.

Still Duncan has not just his power and skill but all that of the other immortals he's beheaded and of the ones they'd beheaded and so on.

Either way I'd say someones definitely losing their head in this one. confused superpoke

Scoobless
Angel once beheaded a guy just by kicking him.

no expression

Xplosive
Originally posted by Entity
He's also got nearly as much life experience behind him, not even counting the hundreds of years he's spent in a hell dimension, and his vampire strength, speed and reflexes edge.

Yesterday I watched The Source end fight and no way Angel could match Duncan speed and reflexes. Also strength, Duncan should have the edge. But his speed and skills with sword would be just too much.

Entity
Originally posted by Xplosive
Yesterday I watched The Source end fight and no way Angel could match Duncan speed and reflexes. Also strength, Duncan should have the edge. But his speed and skills with sword would be just too much. I'm assuming your talking about that crap scene and you know Duncan was only moving like that because they were right at the source right?

Duncan or any immortal never does anything like that in any other appearance I've ever seen. Those were just more retarded effects and crap they added to the story. Mostly like how all of "The Source" was complete crap. That was about the worst part of the movie anyway.

So no, lets just say anything from The Source isn't cannon to this.
Anyway if it were, Duncan was mortal by half way through the movie anyway. erm

Xplosive
Duncan or any immortal never does anything like that in any other appearance I've ever seen.

I think that is due to how they show fights. But why is the one who has beheaded more Immortals more powerful, faster and everything.

Like in Endgame, Duncan or Connor on their own were not even close match for Kell. He was just far too much for them in every department. Even their power combined wasn't match, but Duncan (who then had also Connor power) won more by luck.
And then when he killed Kell, the energy from Kell was bigger then from any Immortal ever seen. Then Duncan became probably even twice more powerful as Kell was and by far the most powerful Immortal ever. That is why he was probably only one who was match for the Guardian. It is probably how they approach the fight scene and how they direct them. But it is clear that they are becoming more powerful and faster as clearly seen from Kell who was far too much for any Immortal. And Duncan became even more than Kell after that.

Entity
Originally posted by Xplosive
I think that is due to how they show fights. But why is the one who has beheaded more Immortals more powerful, faster and everything.

Like in Endgame, Duncan or Connor on their own were not even close match for Kell. He was just far too much for them in every department. Even their power combined wasn't match, but Duncan (who then had also Connor power) won more by luck.
And then when he killed Kell, the energy from Kell was bigger then from any Immortal ever seen. Then Duncan became probably even twice more powerful as Kell was and by far the most powerful Immortal ever. That is why he was probably only one who was match for the Guardian. It is probably how they approach the fight scene and how they direct them. But it is clear that they are becoming more powerful and faster as clearly seen from Kell who was far too much for any Immortal. And Duncan became even more than Kell after that. They use to state repeatedly in the show and on the original movies that they gain their knowledge. It was also stated from some of the immortals points of view that the last one would gain ultimate knowledge and know all of all the immortals before them.

Maybe I'm wrong, since I've never seen it completely officially stated but to me the quickening and the prize have always been about knowledge, wisedom, and skill. Not actually physical speed and strength super powers.

Xplosive
They use to state repeatedly in the show and on the original movies that they gain their knowledge. It was also stated from some of the immortals points of view that the last one would gain ultimate knowledge and know all of all the immortals before them.

Maybe I'm wrong, since I've never seen it completely officially stated but to me the quickening and the prize have always been about knowledge, wisedom, and skill. Not actually physical speed and strength super powers.

Well, due the movie Source, it surely grants you speed and other physical attributes. Except if I am wrong.

Scoobless
The prize was different depending on who won it.

Entity
The prize was different depending on who won it. Well according to the source its mortality and having a child. erm

God that movie was horrible. Have any of the movies been cannonical?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.