any news on a blu ray release for star wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

John-n.co.uk
anyone know anything ?

queeq
Nope

coolmovies
The clone wars will be out on blu ray thats for sure

queeq
Yup.

sweersa
It better be on HDDVD. (Haha I feel bad for the people who bought those and the players...)

queeq
laughing out loud

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
laughing out loud

lol I was at a flea market recently and saw sealed HD DVD discs for eight dollars....I should have got one for collectible sake!

queeq
To put it next to your Betamax tapes.

sweersa
To put it next to your Betamax tapes.

Hahaha. You know I heard Beta Max was technically superior to VHS but Sony failed to license it out as much as they should have.

I though they were going to make the same mistake with Blu-ray but fortunately they didn't!

queeq
Indeed.

There was even a better system around: Philips' Video 2000. That was superb, much better quality than VHS and Betamax and DOUBLE SIDED, like the old cassette tape.

The j0keR
Originally posted by sweersa
It better be on HDDVD. (Haha I feel bad for the people who bought those and the players...)

*is watching HDDVD* no expression

sweersa
Originally posted by The j0keR
*is watching HDDVD* no expression

Sorry man. Oh well. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Indeed.

There was even a better system around: Philips' Video 2000. That was superb, much better quality than VHS and Betamax and DOUBLE SIDED, like the old cassette tape.

That sounds interesting. I never heard of it. Do you remember the Philips Videopac Queeq? It was released in the U.S. as the Magnavox Odyssey 2, it is an old gaming console. I love it.

The j0keR

I have both. stick out tongue

HD still has some good exclusives, and all I got was the cheap 360 add-on, so it wasnt a big gamble. big grin

sweersa
I have both. stick out tongue

HD still has some good exclusives, and all I got was the cheap 360 add-on, so it wasnt a big gamble. big grin

Nice, well that is good news. Is their a noticable difference between the quality of HDDVD and Blu Ray?

The j0keR
Nope, the only real difference was storage capacity and special features. They may have different audio abilities, but they arent real noticeable if so.

queeq

That sounds interesting. I never heard of it. Do you remember the Philips Videopac Queeq? It was released in the U.S. as the Magnavox Odyssey 2, it is an old gaming console. I love it.

Vaguely...

sweersa
Vaguely...

Cool! Some people here have no clue what it was.

Nope, the only real difference was storage capacity and special features. They may have different audio abilities, but they arent real noticeable if so.

Interesting. I wonder if xbox will switch to blu-ray soon.

queeq
There's no real need, is there. But they might.

Jack Daniels
Bill Gates took care of all of this years ago...he is technologically psychic and really rich because of it..lol...there is a new tech already developed before bluray that they have waited to release for monetary reasons...sounds feasable doesnt it?..lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.