3-D Man (Current) vs. Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Metalmanx
Since the search function sucks balls, I'm not sure if this has been done before.

Anyhoo. Standard rules. Takes place in a featureless environment. KO is enough for a win.

Cap gets his shield. 3-D Man gets his...uh...three dimensions. stick out tongue

Who wins?

Scoobless
Triathlon changed his name to 3D man recently ... didn't he?

Anyway, Triathlon is supposed to be 3x peak human ... Cap's only advantages are his shield, his experience and his jobber aura.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Scoobless

Anyway, Triathlon is supposed to be 3x peak human ... Cap's only advantages are his shield, his experience and his jobber aura.

Yea, that's who I'm referring to. Current 3-D man is formerly Triathalon. His physical abilities are 3x that of Cap's.

Phantom Zone

Anyway, Triathlon is supposed to be 3x peak human

Thats what it says on paper he probably isnt. What I mean is hes 3x Marvel universe defintion of peak human but not Caps peak human which is actually enhanced. For example his strength level would be 3x 800lbs but Cap at most could possibly lift 2 tons at the very most.

... Cap's only advantages are his shield, his experience and his jobber aura.

He doesnt have a jobber aura, thats skill.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Thats what it says on paper he probably isnt. What I mean is hes 3x Marvel universe defintion of peak human but not Caps peak human which is actually enhanced. For example his strength level would be 3x 800lbs but Cap at most could possibly lift 2 tons at the very most.

Well he runs at over 100mph and can plow through concrete.

shrug

Phantom Zone
Well he runs at over 100mph and can plow through concrete.

shrug

Cap could probably do the same. Cap has run at 60 mph for 1 minute and has blocked bullets after they have fired. I dont know how much concerete you are refering to but Cap has ripped the arms off robots.

Metalmanx

He doesnt have a jobber aura, thats skill.

"As his name suggests, the 3-D Man is three times as strong, fast, and durable as a prime physical specimen, such as Captain America."

I'm pretty sure that, even though Cap has done things that would be considered "enhanced human", Marvel still uses Cap as the qualitative measurement of peak human. And Scoobless said the rest.

That said, 3-D is 3(Cap).

Scoobless
Yeah, Cap isn't getting close to 100mph. Hell, even the 60mph thing was only ever mentioned once.

Acrosurge
If Cap gets his shield, then I give it to him by a slim 6/10 majority. That combined with his skil is enough to offset 3-D's x3 stats, IMO. Good fight, though.

Phantom Zone
Yeah, Cap isn't getting close to 100mph. Hell, even the 60mph thing was only ever mentioned once.

I see so where back to "I dont like its PIS". I also stated that he has moved faster than bullets.....so its just not one example.

Originally posted by Metalmanx
"As his name suggests, the 3-D Man is three times as strong, fast, and durable as a prime physical specimen, such as Captain America."

Getting that from a bio? Well guess what they said the samething about Karnak and Karnak aint shit in the speed department.

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Karnak

His Inhuman metabolism affords him slightly greater reaction time, endurance, and speed than the human race's most perfect physical specimen, Captain America.

If you compare Caps speed feats with Karnak they are greatly superior. Hes also been owned by BP. Karnak has been training all his life if he was slighly better he should be able to give BP at least a good fight.

I'm pretty sure that, even though Cap has done things that would be considered "enhanced human", Marvel still uses Cap as the qualitative measurement of peak human. And Scoobless said the rest.

That said, 3-D is 3(Cap).

No not really, Karnak. You also forggeting one of my points. What do they mean by peak human, because even when they describe Cap as peak human they get it incorrect.

Scoobless
I see so where back to "I dont like its PIS". I also stated that has moved faster than bullets.....so its just not one example.

Can it be PIS if it never actually happened? At the moment it's just hyperbole.

"Faster than bullets"? lol ... that would make him Quicksilver fast which, obviously, is not the case.
Faster than the person aiming a gun at him, sure, but definitely not faster than bullets.

psycho gundam
Yeah, Cap isn't getting close to 100mph. Hell, even the 60mph thing was only ever mentioned once. cap can do the 1 minute mile.

Phantom Zone
Can it be PIS if it never actually happened? At the moment it's just hyperbole.

"Faster than bullets"? lol ... that would make him Quicksilver fast which, obviously, is not the case.
Faster than the person aiming a gun at him, sure, but definitely not faster than bullets.

No I have seen at least one scan of him moving after bullets have fired. It would not make him Quicksilver fast because he obvoulsy can't keep it up indefintely, just as a quick burst.

Cap has tagged Quicksilver and has been described as being as fast as Quicksilver, so he most likely can match that speed for a split second.

Metalmanx
Buuump bu-bu-bump. Buuump bu-bu-bu-buuuuump!

llagrok
If you compare Caps speed feats with Karnak they are greatly superior. Hes also been owned by BP. Karnak has been training all his life if he was slighly better he should be able to give BP at least a good fight./B]

Black Panther in his suit is way faster than Captain America :/

Either way, Karnak has lost twice to Black Panther and has no other losses. In one fight he was mind controlled, and obviously not in control of his own body. The one true fight that he somehow magically lost in Black Panther's own comic, is contradicted by ALL of Karnak's other feats through 40 years of consistent showings.

Even if it wasn't, losing to Black Panther does not mean that he's in any way inferior to Captain America in any way, which he isn't. Karnak is superior in every way.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by llagrok
The one true fight that he somehow magically lost in Black Panther's own comic, is contradicted by ALL of Karnak's other feats through 40 years of consistent showings.

Prove it.

Metalmanx
.pumB

Scoobless
I agree with myself from earlier when I didn't actually give an opinion on who would win this.

I wonder if PZ will argue about my lack of support for either side ... again.

no expression

SuperiorTech
lol

occultdestroyer
Yea, that's who I'm referring to. Current 3-D man is formerly Triathalon. His physical abilities are 3x that of Cap's.
This thread could very well be closed.
Since you know the answer for your question.

Phantom Zone
I agree with myself from earlier when I didn't actually give an opinion on who would win this.

I wonder if PZ will argue about my lack of support for either side ... again.

no expression

Huh?

Daredevil1
Even with his stats being better. Cap's skill, experience, and tactical mind would give him the win.

He's already beaten stronger and faster then Triathalon. Plus I doubt Tris mind is enhanced like Caps just his physical abilities.

Metalmanx
Why? Cap's skills/experience/tactical ability >>>> 3-D Man's skills.

Daredevil1
Why? Cap's skills/experience/tactical ability >>>> 3-D Man's skills.

Yes. His skills are not in the elite in comparison to Cap. I don't even see Tri taking the majority against Daredevil.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Yes. His skills are not in the elite in comparison to Cap. I don't even see Tri taking the majority against Daredevil.

True, Cap's skill greatly exceeds 3-D Man's. However, I still believe 3-D Man gets the win.

Daredevil1
True, Cap's skill greatly exceeds 3-D Man's. However, I still believe 3-D Man gets the win.

I think you think that anyone with greater then Cap stats gets the win against Cap. Like in the Beast vs Cap thread among others.

But to bad that opinion isn't supported well in the books.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Daredevil1
I think you think that anyone with greater then Cap stats gets the win against Cap. Like in the Beast vs Cap thread among others.

But to bad that opinion isn't supported well in the books.

That's not necessarily true. I just happen to think that 3-D Man can pull the slight majority here. Fact is, he's 3x Captain America. I'm not trying to take anything away from Cap here, I just don't think he can pull the majority here.

Bouboumaster
Captain America

Daredevil1
That's not necessarily true. I just happen to think that 3-D Man can pull the slight majority here. Fact is, he's 3x Captain America. I'm not trying to take anything away from Cap here, I just don't think he can pull the majority here.

Based on what? We've seen Cap hold the edge over characters that are probably faster/stronger then 3 dman. Beast/Spiderman/USAgent.

Has 3 Dman shown an edge over the elite like Daredevil, Shang, Wolverine.

3 Dman has more to prove then Cap does.

Metalmanx
Ahem-- BUMP.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.