Odin vs. The Spectre (not what you think)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
I know Odin has no chance of winning, but could he slow him down like Shazam did?

King Kandy
At least as well as Shazam did, maybe even better.

quanchi112
Originally posted by King Kandy
At least as well as Shazam did, maybe even better. Agreed.

Dark-Jaxx
Didn't Shazam have alot of prep though?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Didn't Shazam have alot of prep though? Yes.

Nihilist
Didn't Shazam have allot of prep though?
plus allot of magical/mystical artifacts at his disposal

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nihilist
plus allot of magical/mystical artifacts at his disposal Very true although we must take into account that Shazam took on Mordru right before his battle with Spectre. I still think Odin does better though.

Dark-Jaxx
Well, without prep I don't see him doing better personally.

Erik-Lensherr
No.

Astner
You do realize that Odin with the Destroyer armour empowered by all of Asgard couldn't even slow down a Celestial?

quanchi112
Well, without prep I don't see him doing better personally. I am sure the threadstarter meant to give him prep. I agree that without prep Odin would do worse than Shazam wit prep.

But I thought he was giving Odin the same advantages as Shazam was given.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Astner
You do realize that Odin with the Destroyer armour empowered by all of Asgard couldn't even slow down a Celestial?

I really hope you are not comparing Spectre to a puny celestial. no expression

Quan: He can't give the same advantage, because Asgard doesn't amp Odin the way the rock of Eternity amps Shazam. Shazam and Captain Marvel confirmed their power is 100x greater inside the rock. And that's on top of all the prep and DCU magic.

Sure, Odin could hold Spectre for awhile if he got to use the same prep that Shazam did, but Asgard on it's own does not amp him anywhere near as much as the rock.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I really hope you are not comparing Spectre to a puny celestial. no expression

Quan: He can't give the same advantage, because Asgard doesn't amp Odin the way the rock of Eternity amps Shazam. Shazam and Captain Marvel confirmed their power is 100x greater inside the rock. And that's on top of all the prep and DCU magic.

Sure, Odin could hold Spectre for awhile if he got to use the same prep that Shazam did, but Asgard on it's own does not amp him anywhere near as much as the rock. 4th host would beat dov Spectre easily.

Odin can amp himself considerably just as in the same way as when he battled the celestials. It would do much more damage against the Spectre.

Odin with the armor and with all the asgardians powers would DO better than Shazam imo. wink

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by quanchi112
4th host would beat dov Spectre easily.

Odin can amp himself considerably just as in the same way as when he battled the celestials. It would do much more damage against the Spectre.

Odin with the armor and with all the asgardians powers would DO better than Shazam imo. wink

http://erasmus354.googlepages.com/epicfail.jpg

Odin would need a large portion of the MU's magic to take down Spectre. Asgard alone is not enough.

And you are a complete troll if you think the Celestial host can stop Spectre.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
http://erasmus354.googlepages.com/epicfail.jpg

Odin would need a large portion of the MU's magic to take down Spectre. Asgard alone is not enough.

And you are a complete troll if you think the Celestial host can stop Spectre. They can and would stop DOV Spectre.

leonheartmm
lmao, eternity wudnt be able to stop the spectre, whats the celestial host gonna do. i think shazam is a loved character of the writers, that is why so many plot devices work in his favour.

Avlon
Odin should slow Spectre down...for as long as Spectre allows it.

llagrok

Chopping off an arm isn't slowing him down?

From the looks of that fight, the destroyer would've torn a single celestial pieces. It's not like Odin was beaten by a single celestial, he was beaten by the host.

Astner
Spectre > Eternity > Host of Celestials

llagrok
Spectre > Eternity > Host of Celestials

And?

You still lied.

Astner
Originally posted by llagrok
And?

You still lied.
I said, he couldn't slow them down. The definition of the very term slowing down is relative.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by llagrok
Chopping off an arm isn't slowing him down?

From the looks of that fight, the destroyer would've torn a single celestial pieces. It's not like Odin was beaten by a single celestial, he was beaten by the host.

Odin animating the destroyer is still < a celestial...

and no, it did not take the entire host to beat Odin as well..

llagrok
I said, he couldn't slow them down. The definition of the very term slowing down is relative.

The celestial stopped and regenerated its arm.

Thus, it did not keep on moving, but stopped and regenerated its arm.

Bentley
You do realize that being born from Eternity is one of the possible origins of the Celestials, but is in fact, not confirmed?

Also Quan, the 4th Host would not beat the Spectre "easily", they may ko him and temporarily stop his onslaught but they would be unable to destroy him and would be overpowered eventually spending incredible amounts of power just to reach that goal, certainly more energy than that needed to put down Tiamut -who stalemated the Second host by himself and was defeated by using a celestial weapon-.

Marvel magic is also weaker than DC magic, Odin would need to be boosted by the whole Vishanti and every pantheon just to reach the amount of power that Shazam had, and even then he may not have enough.

Astner
Originally posted by Bentley
You do realize that being born from Eternity is one of the possible origins of the Celestials, but is in fact, not confirmed?
This looks like a confirmation to me.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7730/ge6pe1tu6.th.jpg
- Credit to Mr Master

Bentley
Do you have the previous scans or can you point me to them? I would like to read the context.

Astner
They're all in Mr Master's old Hierarchy somewhere in-between page 3 and 7.

Bentley
Thanks

Bentley
I looked and did not find it at all =(

Sundipped
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I know Odin has no chance of winning, but could he slow him down like Shazam did?

Since this is DOV Spectre, Odin gets the same treatment as Phantom Stranger. That's if he doesn't totally destroy him.

quanchi112

Also Quan, the 4th Host would not beat the Spectre "easily", they may ko him and temporarily stop his onslaught but they would be unable to destroy him and would be overpowered eventually spending incredible amounts of power just to reach that goal, certainly more energy than that needed to put down Tiamut -who stalemated the Second host by himself and was defeated by using a celestial weapon-.

Marvel magic is also weaker than DC magic, Odin would need to be boosted by the whole Vishanti and every pantheon just to reach the amount of power that Shazam had, and even then he may not have enough. I think the 4th host would slaughter him. I read the whole arc and saw that he was impressive but comparing him to the Celestials is laughable to me.

Dc magic is greater than marvel maigc but marvel cosmics are greater than dc cosmics.

Odin amped himself and couldnt do a thing to the Celestials. I think he would indeed hurt the Spectre but I never said he would win.

King Kandy
I looked and did not find it at all =(
Don't even bother, the other scans are all about the Kree-Skrull war and the Elders.

Cartesian Doubt
Dov Spectre wasn't powered by God, BTW.
He had some pretty low showings against the Wizard, Marvel and Fate all of whom are below Odin in power.

lannfear
Odin before he was depowered by Marvel, was a few levels above Odin today.....not that he would win.....i dare say he would get a few good shots in
cheers

Bentley
I'm going to throw my two cents out there and say that the scan alone doesn't prove that Celestials are aspects of Eternity. First of all, no bios have ever declared such relationship as a fact, nor there is a long story of the Celestials interacting with Eternity closer than to any cosmic.

The Celestials also have tech, and Eternity itself has never alluded to any tech or whatsoever, where did this tech came from or how does it relates to the universe is simply inconsistent from what has been shown of Eternity. Then we have the whole "individuality" aspect of the race, Tiamut opposes the other Celestials, they grant Apocalypse their tech and interact with races and abstracts -such as the Watchers and the group of Diablery, Tenebrous and Aegis-, a head of one of them floating around. In many showings they are depicted as an ancient race and there is no shown intention of they representing a race.

Finally, the scan could be interpreted as a certain manner of speaking from Eternity, we can pick the Celestials as if they were a literal manifestation of something, or we can believe its implied that their actions were motivated by the same meditation or simply speak about the orders in with events happened -first I thought about eating and then a hotdog salesman passed in front of me-.

Its likely than the author of that book believed that the "aspect of Eternity" interpretation of the Celestials was cannon and used it as a fact, when comic history show no relationship with the characters. I say that nearly every showing disregarding such order counts more than one dialog in a book that its not ever considered essential Celestial reading.

Cartesian Doubt
I'm going to throw my two cents out there and say that the scan alone doesn't prove that Celestials are aspects of Eternity. First of all, no bios have ever declared such relationship as a fact, nor there is a long story of the Celestials interacting with Eternity closer than to any cosmic.

The Celestials also have tech, and Eternity itself has never alluded to any tech or whatsoever, where did this tech came from or how does it relates to the universe is simply inconsistent from what has been shown of Eternity. Then we have the whole "individuality" aspect of the race, Tiamut opposes the other Celestials, they grant Apocalypse their tech and interact with races and abstracts -such as the Watchers and the group of Diablery, Tenebrous and Aegis-, a head of one of them floating around. In many showings they are depicted as an ancient race and there is no shown intention of they representing a race.

Finally, the scan could be interpreted as a certain manner of speaking from Eternity, we can pick the Celestials as if they were a literal manifestation of something, or we can believe its implied that their actions were motivated by the same meditation or simply speak about the orders in with events happened -first I thought about eating and then a hotdog salesman passed in front of me-.

Its likely than the author of that book believed that the "aspect of Eternity" interpretation of the Celestials was cannon and used it as a fact, when comic history show no relationship with the characters. I say that nearly every showing disregarding such order counts more than one dialog in a book that its not ever considered essential Celestial reading.

I hate the aspect of Eternity concept.

King Kandy
They aren't aspects of Eternity, they were simply created by him.

Bentley
Is there any proof aside from the scan that shows nothing of the sort?

Astner
Spectre was slowed down by PIS. There are no PIS on the boards, that's why Superman speedblitzes Spider-man within the first second. No conversations before the battle.

Aspects of Eternity works like cells in a human body. Except there's a infinite amount of them, and they're all shaped like the body they're an aspect of.

King Kandy
Um that scan shows it. They are manifested by Eternity. Period. There was one more scan but you'll have to ask someone more knowledgeable then I, because I don't remember it.

King Kandy
Spectre was slowed down by PIS. There are no PIS on the boards, that's why Superman speedblitzes Spider-man within the first second. No conversations before the battle.

Aspects of Eternity works like cells in a human body. Except there's a infinite amount of them, and they're all shaped like the body they're an aspect of.
Actually that's CIS and it still applies.

Bentley
Actually that's CIS and it still applies.

Beat me to it.

Astner
Ops, my mistake.

Bentley
Um that scan shows it. They are manifested by Eternity. Period. There was one more scan but you'll have to ask someone more knowledgeable then I, because I don't remember it.

Don't worry, I wouldn't hold it against you, I'll debate with Mr. Master who will surely be aware if there are other showings. That one on itself seems iffy for a number of questions, if Eternity "manifested" Celestials as late as to interact with races like the skrulls in propose to affect them, then he should be able to will Celestials to existence and we have instances of Celestials being born.

Anyways, I hope someone posts scans soon as to put some light in the things I don't quite get.

King Kandy
Ah, see, THAT's where missing the context hurt you. In the full scans, it says that Eternity did all this millions of years ago in preparation for the present day. The Skrull thing was one of the reasons WHY he created them, but he'd created them far earlier.

Bentley
That would be good to know for example. Oh, well, I'll ask for the scans later.

Superherovandal
It depends. How much prep does Odin have. Just in Asgard and if Spectre is really trying to kill him Odin can't do much. Any odinforce or blasts that he uses will just be absorbed and become part of Spectre's arsenal. He might slow him for about a minute but then Odin will be annihilated.

batdude123
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Well, when you put it that way... if I say "Odin has no chance," then I'll look like "teh DC fAnBOye!!" because Shazam was able to slow him down as you mentioned. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway...

Odin has no chance.

quanchi112
Originally posted by batdude123
Well, when you put it that way... if I say "Odin has no chance," then I'll look like "teh DC fAnBOye!!" because Shazam was able to slow him down as you mentioned. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway...

Odin has no chance. Odin could hurt the Spectre. With amping and prep he could hurt him just as Shazam did. But imo he couldnt beat him either.

batdude123
Odin could hurt the Spectre. With amping and prep he could hurt him just as Shazam did. But imo he couldnt beat him either.

If we're talking about Day of Vengeance Spectre, I might agree, but if we're talking about merged Spectre... Odin ain't doing shit.

quanchi112
If we're talking about Day of Vengeance Spectre, I might agree, but if we're talking about merged Spectre... Odin ain't doing shit. Who did Shazam face? Was it dov or merged Spectre? Theres your answer. smile

batdude123
DOV

quanchi112
DOV Exactly so he is fighting the dov Spectre.

Red Hulk
Bump.

guy222
spectre

Dark-Jaxx
Odin has broken out of a Force Block. Spectre cannot say the same.

Stomp in Odin's favor.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Sundipped
Since this is DOV Spectre, Odin gets the same treatment as Phantom Stranger. That's if he doesn't totally destroy him.
Phantom Stranger > Odin

quanchi112
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Phantom Stranger > Odin Based on what exactly?

vansonbee
Based on what exactly? He doesn't base on anything, he a Dc fanboy lolz. evil face

Spectre was face Pwn by Black Adam for Galactus Sake* roll eyes (sarcastic)

occultdestroyer
Based on what exactly?
Summoning the pantheon of the strongest angels in Heaven, wielding the infinite power of The Spectre, the inability of Spectre to fully destroy him, ability to see all aspects of the Spectre...

But I guess that doesn't account for anything to you

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by vansonbee

Spectre was face Pwn by Black Adam
SS was 'armbar'd by BP
Spider-Man wtfpwned Firelord

We can go on and on about these CIS

quanchi112
Summoning the pantheon of the strongest angels in Heaven, wielding the infinite power of The Spectre, the inability of Spectre to fully destroy him, ability to see all aspects of the Spectre...

But I guess that doesn't account for anything to you Huh,I have seen characters just rape angels in heaven before....and easily.

So by wielding someone elses power that means you yourself are powerful. laughing out loud

You didnt give me one fact or one feat of him under his own power in battle.

vansonbee
who care about angels, they aint high teir*

occultdestroyer
Huh,I have seen characters just rape angels in heaven before....and easily.
Scans or issue # please.

So by wielding someone elses power that means you yourself are powerful. laughing out loud
durlaugh
This is the freakin' Spectre for crying out loud!

You didnt give me one fact or one feat of him under his own power in battle.
durquanchi
^
A smiley dedicated to your own logic.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by vansonbee
who care about angels, they aint high teir*
ka-dur

quanchi112
Scans or issue # please.

durlaugh
This is the freakin' Spectre for crying out loud!

durquanchi
^
A smiley dedicated to your own logic. The asmodel run and the ww arc with cronus.

What does wielding the spectre's power have to do with the Ps on his own? roll eyes (sarcastic) Nothing. Its like saying Warlock beats the spectre because he wielded the ig. laughing out loud

You havent given one feat on his own. Ps is no Odin. Bottom line. Ps is overrated imo.

guy222
spectre

occultdestroyer

If that's the case,
then Thanos wielding the IG or THOTI
doesn't mean he's powerful as well.

Dark-Jaxx
If that's the case,
then Thanos wielding the IG or THOTI
doesn't mean he's powerful as well. Um, actually it DOESN'T. no expression

But when you say he wielded Spectre's power, do you mean he has constant access to it or what?

occultdestroyer

But when you say he wielded Spectre's power, do you mean he has constant access to it or what?
Yes.

He was wielding the full potential of The Spectre,
something that The Spectre himself has not done.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.