Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
The first ever animated Star Wars film. Only a few of the actors are reprising their roles as voices. Still, it looks like it'll be a fun film.

See the trailer

The Clone Wars takes place between Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

Jedi Knights Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi continue their journey across the galaxy amid the Clone Wars, meeting up with familiar villains, such as Count Dooku, General Grievous and Asajj Ventress. A new major role in the film is Ahsoka Tano, Anakin's young female apprentice.

Taken from Wiki:
The Clone Wars are raging between the Separatists and the Galactic Republic. When Jabba the Hutt's son is taken by a group of renegades, two Jedi are summoned to investigate. Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi depart in search of answers: where is the Hutt's son, and who is controlling this mysterious renegade group? Yoda sends Ahsoka Tano along as Anakin's apprentice, Obi-Wan duels Asajj Ventress, and Anakin finds himself dueling Count Dooku once more. Meanwhile, the Sith plan to instigate a three-way war, including the Hutts.

Matt Lanter as Anakin Skywalker
Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu
Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
Ashley Drane as Ahsoka Tano
Tom Kane as Yoda
Ian Abercrombie as Palpatine
Matthew Wood as General Grievous
Corey Burton as Count Dooku

Rogue Jedi
dude, Annie never had a padawan.

Impediment
Leave it to LucasFilm to keep adding to the saga.

Rogue Jedi
meh.

Impediment
I'll most likely wait for the DVD.

Rogue Jedi
I would say the same, but I am a dedicated fan, so I will be at the theatre.

Impediment
I lost all hope after Jar Jar ****ing Binks.

OT forever!

Blax_Hydralisk
We have like, twenty threads about this in the Star Wars section. Scratch that, we have a whole FORUM dedicated only to this movie there...ermm

Stop being lazy and just go there.. stick out tongue

Toku King
I'm so tired of the friggin' Clone Wars that it's not even funny. Seriously, can't Lucas do something new for a change? Why not "The Rise Of Darth Vader" or something else non-Clone Wars?
Or why not do the unthinkable and just stop beating a dead horse and make something, I dunno....... DIFFERENT?

Impediment
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
We have like, twenty threads about this in the Star Wars section. Scratch that, we have a whole FORUM dedicated only to this movie there...ermm

Stop being lazy and just go there.. stick out tongue

True, but I figured that my area needed one of its own. 131

Rogue Jedi
this is Mattie's house, rrecognize. haermm

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
The first ever animated Star Wars film. Only a few of the actors are reprising their roles as voices. Still, it looks like it'll be a fun film.

See the trailer

The Clone Wars takes place between Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

Jedi Knights Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi continue their journey across the galaxy amid the Clone Wars, meeting up with familiar villains, such as Count Dooku, General Grievous and Asajj Ventress. A new major role in the film is Ahsoka Tano, Anakin's young female apprentice.

Taken from Wiki:
The Clone Wars are raging between the Separatists and the Galactic Republic. When Jabba the Hutt's son is taken by a group of renegades, two Jedi are summoned to investigate. Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi depart in search of answers: where is the Hutt's son, and who is controlling this mysterious renegade group? Yoda sends Ahsoka Tano along as Anakin's apprentice, Obi-Wan duels Asajj Ventress, and Anakin finds himself dueling Count Dooku once more. Meanwhile, the Sith plan to instigate a three-way war, including the Hutts.

Matt Lanter as Anakin Skywalker
Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu
Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
Ashley Drane as Ahsoka Tano
Tom Kane as Yoda
Ian Abercrombie as Palpatine
Matthew Wood as General Grievous
Corey Burton as Count Dooku

I look forward o seeing this. I hope the story is good. The animation looks good.

BTW Matt nice sig and avy

Impediment
Dankeshen, mein liebchen.

Rogue Jedi
Heineken?

S_D_J
Originally posted by Toku King
I'm so tired of the friggin' Clone Wars that it's not even funny. Seriously, can't Lucas do something new for a change? Why not "The Rise Of Darth Vader" or something else non-Clone Wars?
Or why not do the unthinkable and just stop beating a dead horse and make something, I dunno....... DIFFERENT?
Let the man do it, We've given him lots of money already, 10$ for the ticket doesn't seem much now, does it?
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Besides, he couldn't let Genndy Tartakovsky get away with a much better Prequel tale than Lucas' own, so he HAD to re-do Clone Wars big grin

Toku King
Originally posted by S_D_J
Let the man do it, We've given him lots of money already, 10$ for the ticket doesn't seem much now, does it?
roll eyes (sarcastic)

That's really bad logic.
Lucas is a millionaire, so spending $10 means nothing? I'm not Lucas.

Blax_Hydralisk
So you don't have 10$?

Toku King
So you don't have 10$?

To have is not the same as to spare it for special occasions, and Lucas making another movie about the exact same thing with minor changes is not one of them.

SpaceMonkey
Then don't watch it or read up on it if there's no interest. Simple.

Myth
The trailer makes me think, "This would be decent if it were live action."

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Toku King

I agree. He should just try something completely new like, 'Coral Wars,' an underwater adventure film.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I agree. He should just try something completely new like, 'Coral Wars,' an underwater adventure film. or the Oral Wars....I couldnt resist. wink

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
or the Oral Wars....I couldnt resist. wink

Ahh, an adventure film that takes place in someone's mouth, very interesting.

Devil King
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey

and that's exactly what I intend to do. I will never watch the prequels again, nor will I further poison my Star Wars perception with this crap. Jabba the Hutt's kid? Give me a ****ing break! I have no intention of rewarding Lucas' destructive behavior by wasting anymore of my money on his sub-par story-telling and everyone-knows-everyone game of galactic six degrees of seperation.

BruceSkywalker
The new trailer for the Clone Wars...

http://www.movieweb.com/video/V08F078iorBGPU

SpaceMonkey
I just rented Oral Wars! It was great!! Except for the end.... it was hard to swallow. (Sorry, it needed to be done.)

Seriously though, I am a huge Star Wars fan, and I see your point Devil King. The prequels and alot of the recent Expanded Universe has been more of a money-making scheme than a progression of the story. Still, though, I will more than likely watch it in the theater. erm

Blax_Hydralisk
I preferred the PT to the OT, honestly. erm

But, then again, this is my generation I guess. Plus I have a bad taste in movies.

Regardless, as a die hard Star Wars fan I must endure this crap.

FistOfThe North
Sar Wars Clone Wars is looking suspect graphicall. But story-wise even though it's generally known what happens, just not detail-wise, has yet to be seen.

I just might check it out in theatres this summer.

Toku King
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey

Watching a trailer and typing a comment that took me 30 seconds to type is watching and reading up on it? Humans are curious, you know.

Toku King
or the Oral Wars....I couldnt resist. wink

Obi-Wan: Use the force, Luke!
Luke: Like this, master?
Obi-Wan: Exactly like that. You are one good apprentice.

Robtard
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Sar Wars Clone Wars is looking suspect graphicall. But story-wise even though it's generally known what happens, just not detail-wise, has yet to be seen.

I just might check it out in theatres this summer.

"Suspect graphicall"?

Devil King
I preferred the PT to the OT, honestly. erm

But, then again, this is my generation I guess. Plus I have a bad taste in movies.

Regardless, as a die hard Star Wars fan I must endure this crap.

Well, let me just point out that you began your post by excusing the PT as a marker for your generation and ended it with a comment on how you have to endure this crap. I understand you were likely making a joke, but it has nothing to do with generation. The prequels were just bad. I don't call them bad simply because I was born between Empire and Jedi and grew up on the OT, I call them bad because they were rubbish that served as little more than a vehicle for Mr. Lucas to force his CGI capabilities down our throat. No one of the OT generation wanted them to be bad ass and were willing to overlook the glaring contradictions and crappy wriitng more than we. But, at the end of the day, they were just garbage. If your generation has an obligation to that, then I feel bad for your generation. You don't have to endure it. I used to think that way, but I realized I was wrong.

Bardock42
I believe we should just never mention the PT or any of the EU ever again. I enjoyed some EU, but, the bad just seems to overweigh the good by very, very far. So, no mention of that stuff anymore. And it's not the OT anymore...it's just the Trilogy.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
I believe we should just never mention the PT or any of the EU ever again. I enjoyed some EU, but, the bad just seems to overweigh the good by very, very far. So, no mention of that stuff anymore. And it's not the OT anymore...it's just the Trilogy.

There's only one Trilogy; it's of The Ring.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
There's only one Trilogy; it's of The Ring.

Hahaha...oh....well, yeah, those were alright movies I guess.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Devil King
Well, let me just point out that you began your post by excusing the PT as a marker for your generation and ended it with a comment on how you have to endure this crap. I understand you were likely making a joke, but it has nothing to do with generation. The prequels were just bad. I don't call them bad simply because I was born between Empire and Jedi and grew up on the OT, I call them bad because they were rubbish that served as little more than a vehicle for Mr. Lucas to force his CGI capabilities down our throat. No one of the OT generation wanted them to be bad ass and were willing to overlook the glaring contradictions and crappy wriitng more than we. But, at the end of the day, they were just garbage. If your generation has an obligation to that, then I feel bad for your generation. You don't have to endure it. I used to think that way, but I realized I was wrong.

It was a joke, yeah. And what I meant by my bad taste was that when it comes to movie I prefer mindless violence and good fighting sequences to a good plot and characters, most of the time. I'm perfectly content with movies with garbage plots and one-dimensional, unoriginal action hero personas as long as gratuiotous amounts of ass are kicked, or I somehow get an adrenaline rush from watching it.

My liking of the Star Wars movies is in this order:

1. Revenge of the Sith
2. The Phantom Menace
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Empire Strikes Back
5. A New Hope
6. Attack of the Clones

*shrug*

Only reason why I prefer RotS and tPM to RotJ and ESB is because I was completely awed by the finale fight and Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs. Darth Maul, whereas the dueling sequences in the OT, while stunning for their time, are now simply down right stale and slow, which is very, very irritating for someone who debates about Star Wars like myself. It's very hard to make an argument for why Vader in a suit would probably beat the Phantom Menace Obi-Wan, considering the OT depect him as fighting at half a mile an hour and getting outclassed by Luke "Loisville Slugger" Skywalker, who's fighting scenes in Return of the Jedi were the equivelent of giving Ray Charles a baseball bat and letting him go to town.

So... eh. "Bad" is a subejctive word, and I prefer the quialities that make the PT bad, over the qualities that make the OT bad.

Bardock42

So... eh. "Bad" is a subejctive word, and I prefer the quialities that make the PT bad, over the qualities that make the OT bad.

You probably mean that the other way around.

Blax_Hydralisk
What I meant was I find the PT's failures to be the lesser of two evils, I guess.

Bardock42
What I meant was I find the PT's failures to be the lesser of two evils, I guess.
Yeah, that's what I thought.

Devil King
Hey, no one can say the lightsabre battles weren't awesome. But a 10 or 20 minute fight scene is not a substitute for character development, plot, in-context believability, continuity, story, structure, character development, dialouge, character development, story, plot, continuity, character development.

SnakeEyes
"Suspect graphicall"?

laughing out loud My thoughts exactly.

As for my thoughts on the film, I'm pretty skeptical. Graphics don't look like anything special, a little too cartoonish for my tastes, even though I know it was intentional. I might wait till DVD to check this out.

dadudemon
I also liked the PT better than the OT. I am a tad older than DK...

However, I loved all of them. Greatly.

I think that no matter what GL would have done with the PT, veterans weren't going to like it. I call it the "blankie" syndrome. They just can't let go of their blankie. I think its painfully obvious that the PT was better than the OT. Let go of your damned blankies and face the fact that the PT is better than the OT in just about every way.

No...none of this was a joke.

I WILL be watching this movie. I will be siting in line for 12 hours, watching the PT on my laptop while other nerds gather around to watch with me.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon

I think that no matter what GL would have done with the PT, veterans weren't going to like it. I call it the "blankie" syndrome. They just can't let go of their blankie. I think its painfully obvious that the PT was better than the OT. Let go of your damned blankies and face the fact that the PT is better than the OT in just about every way.

I WILL be watching this movie. I will be siting in line for 12 hours, watching the PT on my laptop while other nerds gather around to watch with me. Bring a lawn chair for me?

dadudemon
Bring a lawn chair for me?

Sure thing. I'll bring the sour patch kids...your bring the milk duds or something. big grin

Oh...and bring your lady friend and I'll bring mine...that way it won't be a man-date. laughing

Rogue Jedi
Sure thing. I'll bring the sour patch kids...your bring the milk duds or something. big grin

Oh...and bring your lady friend and I'll bring mine...that way it won't be a man-date. laughing Thanks, schnookums. haermm

S_D_J

EDIT: (so the gayness won't be as obvious)
Oh...and bring your lady friend and I'll bring mine...that way it won't be a man-date. laughing

Fixed! big grin

...and I too will be waiting in line with my laptop waiting for this movie, just like I did with ROTS, and afterwards, I will come here to b*tch about it once it's over haermm

Bardock42

I WILL be watching this movie. I will be siting in line for 12 hours, watching the PT on my laptop while other nerds gather around to watch with me.

I 100% agree with this post, except for the fact that the PT were basically a pile of garbage compared to the genius of the OT. Since that is obvious. Sure it had nicer graphics and more action, but that doesn't make a good movie...as George again proved with Indiana Jones 4. Though, you probably think that one's better than the original as well.

Rogue Jedi
I 100% agree with this post, except for the fact that the PT were basically a pile of garbage compared to the genius of the OT. Since that is obvious. Sure it had nicer graphics and more action, but that doesn't make a good movie...as George again proved with Indiana Jones 4. Though, you probably think that one's better than the original as well.

Episode 1 sick

Episode 2 confused

Episode 3 thumb up

And I have heard TERRIBLE things about Indy 4.

Bardock42
Episode 1 sick

Episode 2 confused

Episode 3 thumb up

And I have heard TERRIBLE things about Indy 4.

I wouldn't deny that ROTS is better than the other two, good....well, maybe slightly above average, but not good.

Rogue Jedi
I wouldn't deny that ROTS is better than the other two, good....well, maybe slightly above average, but not good. You ever watch the OT, like before the PT came out, and thought "why did Vader go bad? what a pussy." ?

Bardock42
You ever watch the OT, like before the PT came out, and thought "why did Vader go bad? what a pussy." ?

No, never. After the PT came out though, yeah.

Rogue Jedi
No, never. After the PT came out though, yeah. I always wondered why a Jedi went bad, what could possibly happen to drive them to being a Sith. Episode three showed me that what happened to Annie could happen to anyone.

Bardock42
I always wondered why a Jedi went bad, what could possibly happen to drive them to being a Sith. Episode three showed me that what happened to Annie could happen to anyone.

What nonsense. It was clear after the Trilogy that the dark side is a powerful force and Vader a badass. After the Travesty (PT) all that was shown is that Anakin is a whiny, stupid child that went dark for no reason, without giving a fight and also that he wasn't a badass but a cocky pussy.

I prefer the impression I had from the old ones.

Rogue Jedi
What nonsense. It was clear after the Trilogy that the dark side is a powerful force and Vader a badass. After the Travesty (PT) all that was shown is that Anakin is a whiny, stupid child that went dark for no reason, without giving a fight and also that he wasn't a badass but a cocky pussy.

I prefer the impression I had from the old ones. He did it for the woman he loved. Sure, in the end, it was the taste of dark side power that drove him, but he began down the dark path to save Padme.

Bardock42
He did it for the woman he loved. Sure, in the end, it was the taste of dark side power that drove him, but he began down the dark path to save Padme.

Yeah, well...

http://www.the-editing-room.com/revengeofthesith.html

...sadly all of this is true.

dadudemon
I 100% agree with this post, except for the fact that the PT were basically a pile of garbage compared to the genius of the OT.

Well that only leaves the blankie syndrome of the veterans, myself being older than DK, and waiting in line with a laptop to see this new one. shifty

Since that is obvious. Sure it had nicer graphics and more action, but that doesn't make a good movie...as George again proved with Indiana Jones 4. Though, you probably think that one's better than the original as well.

All the old timers who saw the original Indiana Jones movies are saying that they loved 4 the best. I haven't seen it. That being said, this is in gross contrast to the PT...in which most of the old timers(many of them the same people) thought the OT was better. This is just my experience...but that doesn't mean it fits for all. I am holding my judgment UNTIL I see IJ4.

Fixed! big grin

laughing

pwnt

...and I too will be waiting in line with my laptop waiting for this movie, just like I did with ROTS, and afterwards, I will come here to b*tch about it once it's over haermm

When I did that for ROTS, everyone was huddled around my laptop watching it. I think it's a great way to pass the time and the other movie goers sure appreciate it.

Bardock42
Well that only leaves the blankie syndrome of the veterans, myself being older than DK, and waiting in line with a laptop to see this new one. shifty

I'm 22, mate.

I wouldn't say I'm a veteran, I can stell a superior movie when I see one though.

I didn't feel raped, like DK, after watching them, I was entertained even, they just weren't nearly as good...

dadudemon
I'm 22, mate.

Are you done with your Mathematics degree yet?

I wouldn't say I'm a veteran, I can stell a superior movie when I see one though.

Myself as well. I admit that I have watched much better written movies (recently, revolver comes to mind). Star Wars is still one of my favorite movie franchises, though.

I didn't feel raped, like DK, after watching them, I was entertained even, they just weren't nearly as good...

Fair enough. That's actually what I'd expect out of everyone. They may not be as good to you as the OT, but hell, they were prety f*ckin entertaining.

Bardock42
Are you done with your Mathematics degree yet?

Nope, not even close.

Myself as well. I admit that I have watched much better written movies (recently, revolver comes to mind). Star Wars is still one of my favorite movie franchises, though.

I don't think the OT was badly written.

Fair enough. That's actually what I'd expect out of everyone. They may not be as good to you as the OT, but hell, they were prety f*ckin entertaining.

I wouldn't say pretty ****ing entertaining, like...if it was between AOTC/TPM and Mr. and Mrs. Smith, I wouldn't be quite sure what to watch from entertainment value.

dadudemon
Nope, not even close.

Sooo.....you don't get a degree until the Ph.D.? You should be in post grad school by now, right?

I don't think the OT was badly written.

Nor do I...I wasn't implying it was.

I wouldn't say pretty ****ing entertaining, like...if it was between AOTC/TPM and Mr. and Mrs. Smith, I wouldn't be quite sure what to watch from entertainment value.

From what I hear, everyone liked Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Even the critics gave it nice reviews. So I guess that is your way of saying you liked the PT...you just didn't love it? shifty

Devil King

Nope, you just have an attachment to your blanket. You're like a less white, German Michael Jackson. You're too stupid to see the brilliance in the poor writing and lackluster over use of special effects as a crutch for any meaningful story-telling. You see, you suck because your generation is supposed to know better than to expect anything but flashy cgi and fast paced non-story. You are not being part of your generation, and it offends my sensabilities. It's like you expected on-par story and character development from Mr. Lucas, simply because they existed in the first 3 movies. How dare you not excuse his obvious lack of any real talent because theres no point in crying over spilt milk? Now get out of this thread and go talk about how great movies could be elsewhere.

Bardock42
Sooo.....you don't get a degree until the Ph.D.? You should be in post grad school by now, right?

Well, I started 2 years ago. But since I am transferring to England that#s going to be void and I have to do 4 years for a Master's.

Nor do I...I wasn't implying it was.

Good. We are in agreement.

From what I hear, everyone liked Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Even the critics gave it nice reviews. So I guess that is your way of saying you liked the PT...you just didn't love it? shifty

Well, I did kinda like it as an popcorn movie. I didn't like it as a "Wow...****ing wow...my life is changed...I never knew beauty before" kinda way. The PT are alright action flicks. They are a kinda butt-rape to the Original Star Wars movies (which were far superior).

Rogue Jedi
damn, someone broke a nail.

dadudemon
Nope, you just have an attachment to your blanket. You're like a less white, German Michael Jackson. You're too stupid to see the brilliance in the poor writing and lackluster over use of special effects as a crutch for any meaningful story-telling. You see, you suck because your generation is supposed to know better than to expect anything but flashy cgi and fast paced non-story. You are not being part of your generation, and it offends my sensabilities. It's like you expected on-par story and character development from Mr. Lucas, simply because they existed in the first 3 movies. How dare you not excuse his obvious lack of any real talent because theres no point in crying over spilt milk? Now get out of this thread and go talk about how great movies could be elsewhere.

LOL

I found the PT acting to be superior than the OT.

Observe:

GwExDG7n7Zg

I found the character development in the PT to be better as well.

There was also a larger number of talented actors in the PT, as well. The writing in the PT was good...but not anything great...I'd say that there were high and low points to the writing in each so I'm not choosing one on this point. Originality has to go to the OT...but even that is questionable...the late 70s and early 80s was quite packed with original sci-fi flicks.

It would seem most of the reasons you give are typical "blankie" examples. Too close-minded to face the reality that he PT was better than the OT.

Oh well. It's opinion anyway.

Bardock42
LOL

Observe:

GwExDG7n7Zg

There was also a larger number of talented actors in the PT, as well. The writing in the PT was good...but not anything great...I'd say that there were high and low points to the writing in each so I'm not choosing one on this point. Originality has to go to the OT...but even that is questionable...the late 70s and early 80s was quite packed with original sci-fi flicks.

It would seem most of the reasons you give are typical "blankie" examples. Too close-minded to face the reality that he PT was better than the OT.

Yeah, and you are wrong.

dadudemon
Well, I started 2 years ago. But since I am transferring to England that#s going to be void and I have to do 4 years for a Master's.

DAMN! That sucks. Best of luck to you.

Good. We are in agreement.

Indeed. I love the films.

Well, I did kinda like it as an popcorn movie. I didn't like it as a "Wow...****ing wow...my life is changed...I never knew beauty before" kinda way. The PT are alright action flicks. They are a kinda butt-rape to the Original Star Wars movies (which were far superior).

Nothing wrong with your opinion. We are bound to have different movie tastes. Something I rate an 8 you'll rate as a 4 or vice versa.

Robtard
I honestly can't see how anyone can think the writing in the new ones as being superior or on par with th original three. I don't hate the new three ones, but they're really just dazzle.

Anyhow, is this Clone Wars a continuation of the *Clone Wars cartoon that the Cartoon Network showed or is it just a revamping of it?

(*Which I'm watching right now)

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, and you are wrong. Indeed.

dadudemon
I honestly can't see how anyone can think the writing in the new ones as being superior or on par with th original three. I don't hate the new three ones, but they're really just dazzle.

Anyhow, is this Clone Wars a continuation of the *Clone Wars cartoon that the Cartoon Network showed or is it just a revamping of it?

(*Which I'm watching right now)

A continuation of the cartoon...sort of. The plot takes place around the same time as TCW. Just a parallel story.

Robtard
LOL

Observe:

GwExDG7n7Zg

and the Anakin-Padme scenes were great acting? Jar Jar?

dadudemon
and the Anakin-Padme scenes were great acting? Jar Jar?

Better than Mark Hamil at that moment? Yes. I liked Jar Jar. sad

Robtard

Figures.

Blax_Hydralisk
Hey, no one can say the lightsabre battles weren't awesome. But a 10 or 20 minute fight scene is not a substitute for character development, plot, in-context believability, continuity, story, structure, character development, dialouge, character development, story, plot, continuity, character development.

Well, that certainly depends on one's taste in regards to what a "good movie" is, doesn't?

As far as I personally am concerned, when I want to see good story structure and character development and the like... I read a book. Or I watch a TV series. But when watching regular old movies, non-stop ass kicking and violence with as little necessity for a brain as possible is my preference.

*shrug*

I'm not afraid to admit that I'm pretty much what most people around the world think Americans are..

S_D_J
I'm not afraid to admit that I'm pretty much what most people around the world think Americans are..

Kudos for admitting it

artsy films are always excluded to indie or foreign cinema

Devil King
when I want to see good story structure and character development and the like... I read a book.

Reading a book is always good. But in regards to movies, all you have to do is pop in the Original Trilogy.

Blax_Hydralisk
Not really... no. As far as actual movies go, the story structure and character development isn't all that great.

As far as that stuff is concerned... I'll pop in Lord of the Rings, which imo trumps both the PT and the OT in terms of actual movie quality.

Robtard

As far as that stuff is concerned... I'll pop in Lord of the Rings, which imo trumps both the PT and the OT in terms of actual movie quality.

Right on, negro.

Bardock42
Not really... no. As far as actual movies go, the story structure and character development isn't all that great.

Meh

Figures.

=Tired Hiker=
w00t

Thoughts?

dadudemon
w00t

Thoughts?

You're a b****.

I'm going to rape you.

Then, I'm going to take your tickets.

Finally, I'll kick your dog on the way out. no expression

Darth Martin
Good for you!

But I could really care less about Clone Wars. evil face

Toku King
Looks like a bad movie to me. Not watching it.

=Tired Hiker=
So basically you guys are all jealous?

Robtard

Yeah, a little bit. Movies are $10.00 now.

=Tired Hiker=
Yeah, a little bit. Movies are $10.00 now.

Totally. The place where it's playing is brand new and all digital.

MildPossession
It looks awful to me, don't like the style of animation.

Ladyluck
Lucky. eek!

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by MildPossession
It looks awful to me, don't like the style of animation. I'm a bit weary of that too, but we shall see. Originally posted by Ladyluck
Lucky. eek! cool big grin

dadudemon

How could you tell? confused confused confused

Totally. The place where it's playing is brand new and all digital.

Awesome. ALL digital with a THX certified sound system makes me horny. That's where the movie going experience is AT, damnit.

Have fun.

Bardock42
w00t

Thoughts?

Free?

That's kinda like Lucas using lube while raping you, I guess.

=Tired Hiker=
Awesome. ALL digital with a THX certified sound system makes me horny. That's where the movie going experience is AT, damnit.

Have fun.

Thanks, yo. And yeah, I agree with you. ALL digital is always in focus, the sound is always pumpin', it really is where it's at. Some people say they can see some digital fallout, but I think they don't know what they are talking about.

=Tired Hiker=
Free?

That's kinda like Lucas using lube while raping you, I guess. You guess? I think you actually know.

Bardock42
You guess? I think you actually know.

Nah, I always had to pay.

That sounds worse if we are not thinking about an analogy.

Then again, I guess it is an anal...ogy.

God that was bad.

Robtard
Nah, I always had to pay.

That sounds worse if we are not thinking about an analogy.

Then again, I guess it is an anal...ogy.

God that was bad.

Remember about 1.5-2 years ago I said every conversation with you eventually leads to "anal"?

Bardock42
Remember about 1.5-2 years ago I said every conversation with you eventually leads to "anal"? Right, cause I remember things that happened two years ago.

Things involving you especially.

Robtard
That hurt my feelings, you German *******.

Bardock42
That hurt my feelings, you German *******.

I do actually vaguely recall that...if it makes you feel better.

Robtard
I do actually vaguely recall that...if it makes you feel better.

It does and I knew you would, you're still a German ******* though.

Bardock42
It does and I knew you would, you're still a German ******* though.

Meh, I will have forgotten about you telling me that in 1.5 - 2 years anyways.

ragesRemorse
w00t

Thoughts?

I suppose it's cool that your not paying any money, but i thought you liked yourself. Why would put yourself through another vomit vest?

chillmeistergen
Sell it.

Darth Martin
Why see this movie? The prequels were practically ****. And this is going to be ANIMATED. It's not like it's going to be any better.

Hancock is hilariously funny, The Dark Knight is a cinematic masterpiece, and I still haven't seen Mummy 3 yet so probably won't get around to seeing this. Atleast not in theaters. My brother wants to see it but he's 9 years old. erm Heck I still haven't seen Wanted yet and Iron Man is playing at the dollar theater so yeah.......it's a rental for me.

Kazenji
Originally posted by MildPossession
It looks awful to me, don't like the style of animation.

Its using the style they did for the 2D series but of course in "3D"

BruceSkywalker
w00t

Thoughts?

I saw Clone Wars on monday

Kazenji
Whats the verdict, any better then the other prequal movies ?

MildPossession
That's absolutely fascinating... stick out tongue

Kazenji
One problem i have with it is with count Dooku they could've made him look better.

S_D_J
w00t

Thoughts?

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I saw Clone Wars on monday

crylaugh

=Tired Hiker=
So, I saw the Clone Wars movie today, and I really liked it a lot. When it ended, most people in the theater clapped. It was a good solid adventure flick. The animation didn't take long to get used to, I thought it was very well done. At first I wasn't sure about the wood carved look of the characters, but it turned out to be really cool. The central characters are Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano. Ahsoka becomes Anakin's apprentice, and right off the bat they begin their nonstop journey fighting against the evil plots of Count Dooku and his cohort Asajj Ventress.

Okay, spoiler time:

Dooku kidnaps Jabba the Hutt's son, a little baby Hutt the size of a basketball. Dooku tries to frame the Jedi for the kidnapping in order to keep the Jedi from accessing the trade routes that Jabba controls. Anakin and Ahsoka save Jabba's son and nickname him 'Stinky'. Anakin nicknames Ahsoka 'Snips.' As you might guess, there is a lot of humor to this movie. The battle droids are constantly saying and doing stupid things. At one point someone says, "Do you think we're outnumbered?" And a battle droid actually starts counting all the Storm Troopers before he gets blasted. There is a really cool character, Jabba's Uncle, his name is Xero The Hutt, I think that's how it's spelled, pronounced 'Zero.' He runs a seedy night club on that Coruscant planet, I think, and he's a slimy evil cat, much like the character Doc Hopper in The Original Muppet Movie, voice and all. The movie is very female character oriented. Ahsoka and Asajj Ventress steal most of the show during the lightsabre battles, and Padme, who isn't in the movie all that much til the end, does a little reconnaissance work on her own. The coolest of the Storm Trooper family were these Scouts with urban camo armor and helmets, pretty damn cool. Also, it was weird seeing the film open up with the Warner Bros. logo, and there was no long written prologue that drifts out into space, there was a voice over instead. The movie moves nicely, there is no focus on the love story between Padme and Anakin, it's just all out action with very well timed and written plot points.

All in all, I thought it was awesome. The voices of the characters were also done very well, they did not sound all that different from the movies, especially Yoda. Sam Jackson and Christopher Lee sounded great as well. So, anyway, yeah good stuff.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Im sorry...there is a Clone Wars movie? I thought it was a TV show :O

Kazenji
Cool, Looks like they finally did something good with the star wars prequals(apart from the games)

dadudemon
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Im sorry...there is a Clone Wars movie? I thought it was a TV show :O

It will be......it wiiil be.

-Paraphrase mess up of Yoda.

Toku King
Dooku kidnaps Jabba the Hutt's son, a little baby Hutt the size of a basketball. Dooku tries to frame the Jedi for the kidnapping in order to keep the Jedi from accessing the trade routes that Jabba controls. Anakin and Ahsoka save Jabba's son and nickname him 'Stinky'. Anakin nicknames Ahsoka 'Snips.' As you might guess, there is a lot of humor to this movie. The battle droids are constantly saying and doing stupid things. At one point someone says, "Do you think we're outnumbered?" And a battle droid actually starts counting all the Storm Troopers before he gets blasted. There is a really cool character, Jabba's Uncle, his name is Xero The Hutt, I think that's how it's spelled, pronounced 'Zero.' He runs a seedy night club on that Coruscant planet, I think, and he's a slimy evil cat, much like the character Doc Hopper in The Original Muppet Movie, voice and all. The movie is very female character oriented. Ahsoka and Asajj Ventress steal most of the show during the lightsabre battles, and Padme, who isn't in the movie all that much til the end, does a little reconnaissance work on her own. The coolest of the Storm Trooper family were these Scouts with urban camo armor and helmets, pretty damn cool. Also, it was weird seeing the film open up with the Warner Bros. logo, and there was no long written prologue that drifts out into space, there was a voice over instead. The movie moves nicely, there is no focus on the love story between Padme and Anakin, it's just all out action with very well timed and written plot points.

That doesn't sound very good to me.

dadudemon
So, I saw the Clone Wars movie today, and I really liked it a lot. When it ended, most people in the theater clapped. It was a good solid adventure flick. The animation didn't take long to get used to, I thought it was very well done. At first I wasn't sure about the wood carved look of the characters, but it turned out to be really cool. The central characters are Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano. Ahsoka becomes Anakin's apprentice, and right off the bat they begin their nonstop journey fighting against the evil plots of Count Dooku and his cohort Asajj Ventress.

Okay, spoiler time:

All in all, I thought it was awesome. The voices of the characters were also done very well, they did not sound all that different from the movies, especially Yoda. Sam Jackson and Christopher Lee sounded great as well. So, anyway, yeah good stuff.

YES YES YES YES!!! F***ING GREAT! WOOOOOOT! YES YES YES! YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

I'll be seeing this ......waiting in line to see this one!

Bardock42

Okay, spoiler time:

Oh my God, that sounds dreadful.

Menetnashté
YES YES YES YES!!! F***ING GREAT! WOOOOOOT! YES YES YES! YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

I'll be seeing this ......waiting in line to see this one!
Lucky for you I don't think there will be a line. Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh my God, that sounds dreadful.
my sentiments exactly.

Darth Martin
no

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Im sorry...there is a Clone Wars movie? I thought it was a TV show :O No need to be sorry, we all make mistakes, it's a normal thing we humans do. What I went and saw took place in what my people call, a movie theater. Therefore, it is safe for me to refer to the format of the piece as a 'movie.'

S_D_J

Okay, spoiler time:

Sounds good

I'm seeing it Wednesday

I just saw a 4 min clip: action looks intense, and the clones take quite a beating...

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Kazenji
Whats the verdict, any better then the other prequal movies ?

Not sure what to say about that. I guess if the prequals were released in this type of format, as CG animated movies, which they practically were, it would have been more appropriate and characters like Jar Jar Binks would have been more acceptable. The new movie is very Saturday morning cartoonish, as far as action and adventure goes, and not so heavy plot lines. I would definitely say it was better than Attack Of The Clones.

ragesRemorse
im glad to hear that this one wasn't as heavy on the plot lines as the live action movie, because that movie made no sense.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
im glad to hear that this one wasn't as heavy on the plot lines as the live action movie, because that movie made no sense.

Yeah, this one I was able to just sit back and enjoy. I've heard it got a couple of bad reviews, but is seems as though some critics had already made up their mind that it was going to suck because they were already bitter about the prequels. I went in with very little expectations, only that I wanted to be entertained, and I was. It was better than I thought it would be.

Mr Parker
so I assume when you got the pass you did cartwheels and yelled out
ya hoo? big grin

=Tired Hiker=
I admit, I was excited. It was a free pass I didn't even know about until a day before the movie showed, a movie I had no idea was coming out so soon. Yeah, I was excited.

ragesRemorse
Yeah, this one I was able to just sit back and enjoy. I've heard it got a couple of bad reviews, but is seems as though some critics had already made up their mind that it was going to suck because they were already bitter about the prequels. I went in with very little expectations, only that I wanted to be entertained, and I was. It was better than I thought it would be.

That gives me some hope, but i can't help but feel insulted that they chose to release this movie in theaters. I am curious and mildly interested in the look of the art design, but it seems like it should have been a DvD special.

SnakeEyes
This movie looks pretty terrible. Poor CGI (from what've seen in the trailers), not much of a plot, only a few of the real actors doing the voices, mediocre action and nothing but an excuse for George Lucas and company to make more money. Seems just like a milking of the Star Wars franchise. That said, I'll probably rent it when it comes out on DVD just to confirm my current thoughts, but I wouldn't pay to see this in theaters.

ragesRemorse
The kids get three prequels and now a feature length cartoon. I wonder when Lucas arts is going to give the Adult fans something.

oh, wait, there are no more adult fans.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
This movie looks pretty terrible. Poor CGI (from what've seen in the trailers), not much of a plot, only a few of the real actors doing the voices, mediocre action and nothing but an excuse for George Lucas and company to make more money. Seems just like a milking of the Star Wars franchise. That said, I'll probably rent it when it comes out on DVD just to confirm my current thoughts, but I wouldn't pay to see this in theaters.

I probably won't rent it since I already saw it for free.

MildPossession
Here in the UK it's getting pretty crap reviews across the board...

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
The kids get three prequels and now a feature length cartoon. I wonder when Lucas arts is going to give the Adult fans something.

oh, wait, there are no more adult fans.

Woah. You think the prequels are more for kids than the OT? That's ridiculous.

Let's just get to RotS. A higher rating than any of the other movies (PG-13). People die all around, children get massacred, Anakin is horrifically burned alive in front of the camera (my 9 year old bro still refuses to watch that scene), war, politics, sympathetic characters dying, etc. Yeah, for kids!

WrathfulDwarf
Wow...what a collapse....stick a fork on Lucas. erm

The magic of SW is fading. What a pity...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Woah. You think the prequels are more for kids than the OT? That's ridiculous.

Let's just get to RotS. A higher rating than any of the other movies (PG-13). People die all around, children get massacred, Anakin is horrifically burned alive in front of the camera (my 9 year old bro still refuses to watch that scene), war, politics, sympathetic characters dying, etc. Yeah, for kids!

Meh, torture, destroyed planets, burned aunts and uncles, killed cute little Javas, cut of hands (with blood), main character shooting some guy FIRST, death of likable X-Wing pilots, with death screams, sliced up mentor, etc...and that's just the first movie.

Master Crimzon
Meh, torture, destroyed planets, burned aunts and uncles, killed cute little Javas, cut of hands (with blood), main character shooting some guy FIRST, death of likable X-Wing pilots, with death screams, sliced up mentor, etc...and that's just the first movie.

RotS: Hands cut off, decapacitation, hundreds of people dying, democracy being shattered, deaths of likeable characters, turning from good to pure evil, deaths of clone pilots (with death screams, too), graphic mutliation, slaughter of kids, etc.

RotS is the darkest movie in the series. Followed by Empire. I don't think this can be argued.

Bardock42
RotS: Hands cut off, decapacitation, hundreds of people dying, democracy being shattered, deaths of likeable characters, turning from good to pure evil, deaths of clone pilots (with death screams, too), graphic mutliation, slaughter of kids, etc.

RotS is the darkest movie in the series. Followed by Empire. I don't think this can be argued.

Well, you'd think wrong. Though it does try to portray a darker image (and at least succeeds when it comes to the other PTs...and maybe ROTJ), it's not the actually more mature movie than ANH or ESB and no matter what Lucas says about it, it's very obvious that ANH and ESB are not children's movies, while ROTS is way more childish and immature. It's still far better than the first and second, but you know, OT is way more for adults than PT.

Master Crimzon
Well, you'd think wrong. Though it does try to portray a darker image (and at least succeeds when it comes to the other PTs...and maybe ROTJ), it's not the actually more mature movie than ANH or ESB and no matter what Lucas says about it, it's very obvious that ANH and ESB are not children's movies, while ROTS is way more childish and immature. It's still far better than the first and second, but you know, OT is way more for adults than PT.

Question: How is RotS more childish and immature than ANH and ESB? WHAT THE HELL IS CHILDISH ABOUT IT? Sorry for the capitals, but... seriously. It uses politics, for Christ's sake. Analogies about Bush, the war in Iraq, the flaws of democracy, and Shakespearean themes about Anakin's transformation. It makes the good guys come off as ignorant a**holes, and prevents tons of deaths.

Sorry. The OT was made with both kids and adults in mind; RotJ was kiddy, actually the most kiddy in the entire series. Sure, TPM uses "THE EVIL JAR-JAR BINKS!", but it's a story about a political takeover, ending with the death of the film's most sympathetic character.

And now is the time where you explain how ANH and ESB are darker and more mature than RotS. Please. I'm interested in hearing your explanations.

Bardock42

dadudemon

chillmeistergen
Why do you find ellipses so hard to understand?

Bardock42
Not seen on camera.

Cool. And the line by Obi Wan following made it seem even more sick.

nothing even similar happened in the PT? Nothing at all?

NOOOOOOOOOO! DON"T KILL MY COFFEES!

Why are you presenting that as if that is a point not equaled or surpassed in the PT? confused

What are you talking about? Han Solo? I think your point is lost again because you've eliminated too many essential words. If you meant "one of the main characters shot some guy FIRST", that'd make more sense.

Anyway, why are you presenting that as if it trumps the PT?

Ugh, I think I'm getting a sense of what this is really about. You have blankie syndrome, don't you?

Uh, you mean a dude that disappeared into nothing when it appeared that the light saber finally struck him?

Yeah, you have the blankie syndrome.

WOOT! I LOVE starwars.

Because those two items TOTALLY trump everything in the PT as far as maturity goes, right? no expression

I'm 22, I can't have your blankie syndrome idiocy.

Master Crimzon

Bardock42
Padme's death was unrealistic, and stupid. The weakest point in RotS. But that's ONE thing. It would have been so much better for her to really get killed by Vader...

In the opening space battle. They scream, they died, and you actually see the corpse of one of them flying through space.

Nope, no screams, was watching it just now, not even comparable to the "AAAAAAAAAARGH, I AM ****ING DYING, OH GOD, IT HURTS SO MUCH, NOW MY EYES ARE EXPLODING, WHY, WHYYYYYYYY!" death screams of the OT.

Master Crimzon
Nope, no screams, was watching it just now, not even comparable to the "AAAAAAAAAARGH, I AM ****ING DYING, OH GOD, IT HURTS SO MUCH, NOW MY EYES ARE EXPLODING, WHY, WHYYYYYYYY!" death screams of the OT.

Nice. I just caught you on a little lie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0srDwWzUkFo&feature=related

3:59. Death scream. That should resolve this weird little debate...

Bardock42
Nice. I just caught you on a little lie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0srDwWzUkFo&feature=related

3:59. Death scream. That should resolve this weird little debate...

Err, you might hear something slightly resembling a scream (could be anything else, really), but as I said

Either way, it's apparent that the OT is more for grown ups than the PT, so I am indeed not sure why we have this debate. Not even to start about that darker doesn't mean more mature by any means.

Master Crimzon
RotS = Darkest movie with the most mature themes in the saga. This is not debatable. Whether it executes it as well as ESB and ANH IS, however.

Bardock42
(auto quote)[/quickquote

Oh, I agree it was supposed to be the darkest and most mature movie, it just isn't. It might be the darkest, it is without a doubt not the most mature. And in it's darkness it is certainly a childish approach to dark themes.

Master Crimzon
lol wut?

Seriously. You need to explain what's the whole childish deal with it. I mean, c'mon. Kids can't even fully understand what's the big deal with its darkness.

By the way, I can tell you're more of an OT type of guy. Don't let it get in the way of your rational thinking- I mean, c'mon. You can still like ANH and ESB more than RotS even if RotS is darker and more mature than 'em. Neither of these three films- the 'truly great' SW movies (tho I think AotC isn't too far away from ANH)- are all dark (with varying degrees) and with mature themes, and made for both adults and kids.

Bardock42
lol wut?

Seriously. You need to explain what's the whole childish deal with it. I mean, c'mon. Kids can't even fully understand what's the big deal with its darkness.

By the way, I can tell you're more of an OT type of guy. Don't let it get in the way of your rational thinking- I mean, c'mon. You can still like ANH and ESB more than RotS even if RotS is darker and more mature than 'em. Neither of these three films- the 'truly great' SW movies (tho I think AotC isn't too far away from ANH)- are all dark (with varying degrees) and with mature themes, and made for both adults and kids.

I could prefer ANH and ESB even if they weren't the more mature movies, they just happen to be.

ROTS, is a popcorn film, with dark tones. It's not particularly deep, imo, and it doesn't really deal with very mature topics. Sure, it has a bit of politics, but it is mostly meant to be action. You truly believe that ROTS is a more mature movie than ANH and ESB? May I ask why?

Robtard
Return of The Jedi had Ewoks, ****ing Ewoks, "dark themed" my ass. None of the movies are "dark" per se, they're kids movies first and foremost, fun entertainment.

Just watched Clone Wars, was a decent kids animation, nothing special though. The Jedi figts scenes were cool though, as animation allows the Jedi to really do more Jedi-powers shit. The super-jumping, speed and whatnots.

Bardock42
Return of The Jedi had Ewoks, ****ing Ewoks, "dark themed" my ass. None of the movies are "dark" per se, they're kids movies first and foremost, fun entertainment.

Well, that's what I don't think about ANH, ESB and also, partly ROTS.

Robtard
Well, that's what I don't think about ANH, ESB and also, partly ROTS.

That they're not kids movies?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>