Rate their science

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
From top to bottom, in an strict tech development and theoretical science competition, list who can discover the most and the best from the following characters:

Batman
Mr Terrific
Lex Luthor
Doctor Sivana
Dr. Doom
Reed Richards
Tony Stark
Hank Pym

Who gets the ultimate academic knowledge?

Bentley
Face it, you are all afraid of Pym and his wife beater experience.

llagrok
How does Sivana's science protect her from a ***** slap?

Bouboumaster
Reed Richards
Victor Von Doom
Mr Terrific
Henry Pym
Doctor Sivana
Lex Luthor
Tony Stark
Bruce Wayne

Galan007
Originally posted by Bentley
From top to bottom, in an strict tech development and theoretical science competition, list who can discover the most and the best from the following characters:

Batman
Mr Terrific
Lex Luthor
Doctor Sivana
Dr. Doom
Reed Richards
Tony Stark
Hank Pym

Who gets the ultimate academic knowledge? Doom
Reed
Tony
Mr. T
Bats
Lex
Hank
Dr. S

tkitna
Reed Richards
Doom
Stark
Mr. Terrific
Pym
Luthor
Batman
Dr. Sirvana

DigiMark007
In terms of actually construction, nobody holds a candle to Reed. Lex has comandeered technology from all kinds of civilizations and sources, so a lot of his tech might be just as powerful (or moreso). But it's not all his work.

Doom's list is impressive too. But let's face it: FF comics are about strange cosmic problems, some witty banter (Ben, Johnny) and romantic angst (Reed/Sue) then Reed using his brain to save the day, usually with an invention. No one has more appearances involving inventions.

The Illuminati
Originally posted by tkitna
Reed Richards
Doom
Stark
Mr. Terrific
Pym
Luthor
Batman
Dr. Sirvana

Looks about right.

CaptainStoic
Why isn't Braniac from Legion 9x or Forge in this contest? I think Forge is the top of the heap.

psycho gundam
forge just builds shit, his imagination isn't as good as reed's.

Mindset
Originally posted by DigiMark007
In terms of actually construction, nobody holds a candle to Reed. Lex has comandeered technology from all kinds of civilizations and sources, so a lot of his tech might be just as powerful (or moreso). But it's not all his work.

Doom's list is impressive too. But let's face it: FF comics are about strange cosmic problems, some witty banter (Ben, Johnny) and romantic angst (Reed/Sue) then Reed using his brain to save the day, usually with an invention. No one has more appearances involving inventions.

Well Doom did discover another universe with his tech before Reed did, also he created a time machine before Reed.

psycho gundam
victor von doom isn't a real doctor, he never finished his doctorate studies.

Endless Mike
Top to bottom:

Reed Richards
Dr. Doom
Lex Luthor
Tony Stark
Hank Pym
Doctor Sivana
Mr. Terrific
Batman

janus77
Originally posted by Galan007
Doom
Reed
Tony
Mr. T
Bats
Lex
Hank
Dr. S
looks right to me.

Doom is just slightly > Reed in terms of ability and knowledge, imo.

mostly it's an attitudinal thing. Doom is still compensating, for his uni days. so he works ceaselessly on a variety of fronts. Reed tinkers, obsesses over this and that but, also plays hero and administrator/functionary (Illuminati) more than Doom does.

also, Doom's tech feats (Beyonder/Galactus/Surfer!) >>> Reed's feats. though that doesn't mean that Reed couldn't eventually come up with the same.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Mindset
Well Doom did discover another universe with his tech before Reed did, also he created a time machine before Reed.

Granted. I said his list was impressive. Yet Reed has dozens (hundreds?) of inventions before Doom.

Galan007
Originally posted by janus77
looks right to me.

mostly it's an attitudinal thing. Doom is still compensating, for his uni days. so he works ceaselessly on a variety of fronts. Reed tinkers, obsesses over this and that but, also plays hero and administrator/functionary (Illuminati) more than Doom does.

also, Doom's tech feats (Beyonder/Galactus/Surfer!) >>> Reed's feats. though that doesn't mean that Reed couldn't eventually come up with the same. thumb up

Cartesian Doubt

Batman
Mr Terrific
Lex Luthor
Doctor Sivana
Dr. Doom
Reed Richards
Tony Stark
Hank Pym

Who gets the ultimate academic knowledge?

If they where actually any good at science they would realise that their universe made no sense at all, as it provides conflicting scientific results all the time.

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by janus77
looks right to me.

also, Doom's tech feats (Beyonder/Galactus/Surfer!) >>> Reed's feats. though that doesn't mean that Reed couldn't eventually come up with the same.

As Reeds mind is entirely malleable, it can make his mind far more creative than Doom can ever dream of.

carnage52
this is going to turn into reed vs doom.....

Bentley
Is there any other high level DC human scientist that I missed?

lordmohahat
Mr.T

carnage52
Is there any other high level DC human scientist that I missed? yeah ray palmer.

Placidity
Ooo... Hard to decide between Reed and Doom.

Endless Mike
I'd give Reed the nod over Doom, after all, he always beats him in the end

Placidity
^ Well he has to doesnt he? hehehe

Good always triumphs over evil in fiction.

Endless Mike
Not always....

Placidity
Well, lets say most of the time then...

wolverex84
what about steel from dc? mister sinister(genetics)?, high evolutionary?, krang, the leader, (forge and say Madison Jeffery's don't count because they use power to built stuff) its more like you are asking who is the greatest inventor. anyway when it comes to academics.. its between Reed and Doom, followed by tony/lex and pym. you have to look at their accomplishment, you cant compare reed beating tony in mechanical engineering/weapons ammunition.. whereas tony doesn't win Reed or Doom in quantum physics knowledge ... well i would go with;
Reed
doom
tony
pym, lex then the rest

nimbus006
Just Science and Tech not overall intelligence

Reed Richards
Dr. Doom
Hank Pym
Tony Stark
Mr Terrific
Lex Luthor
Batman
Doctor Sivana

nimbus006
Can someone list/identify the specific field of science/academia that each of these characters is most proficient at?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by nimbus006
Can someone list/identify the specific field of science/academia that each of these characters is most proficient at?

Reed Richards - Time, space, everything that's cosmic, kind of Stephen Hawking, physics. Plus, a bit of robotic, biology, etc.

Dr. Doom - Robotic, physic.

Hank Pym - Hum... I think it would be physic.

Tony Stark - Robotic

Mr Terrific - Don't know too much about him, but robotic for sure, and probably physic.

Lex Luthor - Robotic

Batman - Mostly robotic

Doctor Sivana - Not sure about this character.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Reed Richards - Time, space, everything that's cosmic, kind of Stephen Hawking, physics. Plus, a bit of robotic, biology, etc.

Dr. Doom - Robotic, physic.

Hank Pym - Hum... I think it would be physic.

Tony Stark - Robotic

Mr Terrific - Don't know too much about him, but robotic for sure, and probably physic.

Lex Luthor - Robotic

Batman - Mostly robotic

Doctor Sivana - Not sure about this character.

Thanx for the effort, although I made a thread for this in the Comic book forum. big grin

FOOM
"Doom
Reed
Tony
Mr. T
Bats
Lex
Hank
Dr. S"

I concur.

redhotrash
The majority of Reed's science is built to react to what Doom comes up with. Its a lot easier to counter someone else's plan after you are aware of it than it is to come up with a plan with all counter measures in mind. Plus Reed needs 3 other people to help him deal with Doom. That said, Doom's ambition puts his science well above Reeds.

Allankles
Doom
Reed
Luthor
Tony
Mr. T then the rest.

Juntai
Originally posted by llagrok
How does Sivana's science protect her from a ***** slap? I thought he meant the CaptaiN marvel baddie?

redhotrash
High Evolutionary should be up here, as was noted. I would say Kang, but I think a lot of his tech was stolen rather than created by himself.

carnage52
doom
reed
bats
luthor
mr t
stark
sivanna
pym

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.