why is star wars expensive?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies

sweersa

Sesse
Originally posted by sweersa
You don't have to buy it...

Then what helps thee?

Steal it?

We MUST have every SW item out there. That is a fact. sad

sweersa
Originally posted by Sesse
Then what helps thee?

Steal it?

We MUST have every SW item out there. That is a fact. sad

You can get relitively cheap Star Wars merchandise at toy/collectibles shows. Even some Antique malls have Star Wars merchandise 5 years or older, which are usually much cheaper than newer items or retail. I buy near mint sealed Star Wars action figures from the 1990s (my personal favorite for the action figures because I grew up at this time) for under five dollars a piece.

Ebay may also be a good alternative, but I am not that familiar with it so who knows.

Tangible God

Lord Knightfa11
heres what helps. Torrent most comics/songs/movie files. Its cheap, and it is revenge on Lucas for TPM.

vintageSW77

queeq
Alan Sugar... The Apprentice is about to end.... sad

coolmovies
I will miss The Apprentice

vintageSW77
i think palpatine should have taken a leaf out of Sugars book when finding his apprentices

"Count Dooku you made a cock up there when he decapitated you didnt you"
YOURE FIRED!

queeq
You're an absolute disaster... a complete shambles. Dooku, you're fired.

Lord Knightfa11
*fart*

sweersa

vintageSW77

coolmovies

sweersa

queeq
Expensive toys.

Jedireaper
I got an actual metal C-3PO that is coloured gold an' kinda shiny unlike tha' crap produced now! smile And I got the Radio Drama scripts for A New Hope (back then, just called - Star Wars) and The Empire Strikes Back but I couldnt get Return of the Jedi. sad I got the Darth Vader '500th' Figure too.

queeq
Bet you're broke now.

Jedireaper

sweersa
Collecting can get expensive but if you like it it is worth it.

You can see my collection here if you are interested. It is a few months out of date but it shows some nice things.

http://videopac.nl/forum/index.php?topic=420.0

coolmovies
Look !!

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10179&cn=416&d=322

Expensive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sad

Jedireaper
Kaaaaaay! I got a Thrawn figure but its not what I would consider what Thrawn 'should' look like. It cost $49.99 when I was over the States. I'm looking for a Stormtrooper outfit though. smile 1000 euro max

Lord Knightfa11
star wars is expensive for the same reason E.T. digitaly remastered and in hd version 73.2 is expensive. As far as they are concerned, just because they have updated it recently, its still new...

sweersa
Originally posted by coolmovies
Look !!

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10179&cn=416&d=322

Expensive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sad

Lego Star Wars stuff seems always way overpriced.

Lord Knightfa11
not seems, IS, my young apprentice.

sweersa
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
not seems, IS, my young apprentice.

Yes master. Hahaha.

queeq

vintageSW77
What exactly are the last 17 figures?

The last 17 were made when Star Wars fandom was going down in popularity round about 85
not many people bought them and the majority ended up as landfill so these are harder to find
off the top of my head i know BARADA,ANAMAN,EV9D9,IMPERIAL DIGNATRY,ANAKIN,YAK FACE,LUKE STORMTROOPER and LANDO GENERAL are included in the list amongst others
youll find it on the net
these are the expensive figures though Anakin has come down in price
i have two

coolmovies
No one likes Anakin thats why he goes down in price lolz. nice collection sweersa

sweersa
Originally posted by vintageSW77
The last 17 were made when Star Wars fandom was going down in popularity round about 85
not many people bought them and the majority ended up as landfill so these are harder to find
off the top of my head i know BARADA,ANAMAN,EV9D9,IMPERIAL DIGNATRY,ANAKIN,YAK FACE,LUKE STORMTROOPER and LANDO GENERAL are included in the list amongst others
youll find it on the net
these are the expensive figures though Anakin has come down in price
i have two

Oh, thanks for the explanation. That makes sense, I have never seen any of those figures for the prices I mentioned before. A guy I meant had the Anakin one though, he let me hold it. lol

No one likes Anakin thats why he goes down in price lolz. nice collection sweersa

Thanks! :-)

vintageSW77
Oh, thanks for the explanation. That makes sense, I have never seen any of those figures for the prices I mentioned before. A guy I meant had the Anakin one though, he let me hold it. lol

pm me and ill post it,you can have it for nothing
i like your collection and i reckon an Anakin will look good on that shelf alongside your other vintage items
itll be going to a good home

sweersa
pm me and ill post it,you can have it for nothing
i like your collection and i reckon an Anakin will look good on that shelf alongside your other vintage items
itll be going to a good home

PM sent. Thank you ever so much!

queeq
The ever generous Vintage. You just gotta love this guy.

vintageSW77
cheers
i must sort out the whole final collection of pics into one file and post the link again
SW Archives seems to have run out of steam it seems
there are some good Official Pix knocking about but Rare SW pics are slim these days
theres this though
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj275/vintageSW77/screen552.jpg

heres the two Anakins one of which will be heading to the U.S

sweersa
cheers
i must sort out the whole final collection of pics into one file and post the link again
SW Archives seems to have run out of steam it seems
there are some good Official Pix knocking about but Rare SW pics are slim these days
theres this though
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj275/vintageSW77/screen552.jpg

heres the two Anakins one of which will be heading to the U.S

That is very cool, I still can't figure out why they put Hayden's head on his body...Hayden never even wore that outfit as a youngster! (They should have at least given Anakin his PT cloths.) Or maybe they should have left the original guy there, that sounds good to me. *Watches unaltered version*

Lord Knightfa11
they also took out the yub yub song.

sweersa
they also took out the yub yub song.

They replaced it with what sounds like a Native American song. lol Would that be considered racist? Comparing the Ewoks to the....never mind. lol

Jedireaper
I think I prefer John W's music for the special Ed's of SW are better than the original music it replaces. smile

sweersa
Originally posted by Jedireaper
I think I prefer John W's music for the special Ed's of SW are better than the original music it replaces. smile

Thats cool, whatever you like works man.

I love the score for the Prequels. Espicially the one that goes with the Maul vs Kenobi and Qui-Gon duel!

vintageSW77
i dont mind the final music in Jedi but i do prefer YUB YUB
Jabba Rocks is APPALLING though!

i like Yub Yub so much i used it for my Jedi pics montage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBJN0BOvqKo
*WARNING MAY CONTAIN EWOKS!!!"

Lord Knightfa11
yea jabba rocks sux.

When i buy the ot, I want the OOOOT. The one that was released in theatres. Dont even think you can get that on dvd :/

vintageSW77
yip its out on dvd
apart from Star Wars having A NEW HOPE in the title they are pretty much what we got at the theatre
we get "BRING MY SHUTTLE!",no Rontos,no cgi stormtroopers,no Jedi Rocks,no Hayden,non kiwi Boba and of course Han shoots first
we do however get a grainy picture quality,poor colour and the sound aint great
cant have it all

queeq
I hope we can one day though.

sweersa
i dont mind the final music in Jedi but i do prefer YUB YUB
Jabba Rocks is APPALLING though!

i like Yub Yub so much i used it for my Jedi pics montage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBJN0BOvqKo
*WARNING MAY CONTAIN EWOKS!!!"

The close up shot on that...thing in his mouth is....stupid. Look at the Indy 4 pictures on IMDb and you will find one of GL wearing a Han shoots shirt....no idea why GL would wear that lol, but I would.

Darth Maliko
Originally posted by Tangible God
Spell the man's name right or I'm gonna shove that extra U in your left nostril. It's not that hard of a name.

Anyways, if you know nerds and parents are gonna buy your stuff, may as well jack up the prices.

Its REALLY that simple.
Its popular so its GOING to be expensive.
It doesn't take a psychology major to figure that out.
Thank you Tangible God for explaining it to these people.

queeq
laughing out loud

vintageSW77
in the Uk PT Star Wars stuff isnt expensive because no one wants the tack

queeq
Can't blame them.

vintageSW77

sweersa
The special editions would have been better in my opinion if the only thing Lucas did with them was just enhance the sound and picture and left everything else alone. It would have been less work and money on his part and the fans couldn't complain because little nicks and bits of dirt and dust was removed.

queeq
I think ANH neede the work most. That had some nice changes. And I'm not talking about the colour correction they suddenly decided to apply... that was horrible and downright sacrilidge.

Lord Knightfa11
idk if i hate/love the new anakin in rotj. IT defenitely makes the pt flow more smoothely into the ot.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
I think ANH neede the work most. That had some nice changes. And I'm not talking about the colour correction they suddenly decided to apply... that was horrible and downright sacrilidge.

Luke's Lightsaber looks GREEN in the 2004 DVD version.

How could they have missed that?

queeq
Apparantly it's still blue. But due to the other colours in that set it appears green. Nevertheless, they should have gotten that right. Just Olike Vader's sissy pink lightsabre.

Jovan
i guess it was too difficult for them to hire ONE guy to look at the movie and pinpoint some things that didn't work (like those lightsabres)... heck, pay me a ticket to lucas ranch and I had done it for free!

vintageSW77
like the american accented then english accented imperial officer in the carbon chamber and wavy Vader in ANH

sweersa
like the american accented then english accented imperial officer in the carbon chamber and wavy Vader in ANH

Didn't Leia do that accent change a lot in ANH?

Lord Knightfa11
... enough with the anh criticizing. Lucas simply didn't have a big budget when he did that one.

queeq
And he did great there.

Lord Knightfa11
Indeed.

vintageSW77
... enough with the anh criticizing. Lucas simply didn't have a big budget when he did that one.

we know but im sure he could have sorted out that simple bit of dubbing

queeq
Simple? With Lucas?

coolmovies
Now he has made a CGI movie or trilogy so he can cash in more money how sad why cant star wars rest in peace untill blu ray ??????????????

Tangible God
Now he has made a CGI movie or trilogy so he can cash in more money how sad why cant star wars rest in peace untill blu ray ?????????????? Well what do all men with power want? More power.

If Lucas films it, they will watch. I know I will.

sweersa
Originally posted by Tangible God
Well what do all men with power want? More power.

If Lucas films it, they will watch. I know I will.

I know I will see the new Clone Wars but I won't race to see it opening night like Revenge of the Sith...just isn't the same.

Common, Mark, Carrie, and old Harrison get ready, Lucas, dust off your old 7,8 and 9 scripts and finally make us happy.

coolmovies

coolmovies
The 4 disk tin set is selling well at play.com

steverules
I bought an AT-ST for rather cheap....and a tie fighter but those two were from ebay, plus can't forget the pod racer

Darth Subjekt
I know I will see the new Clone Wars but I won't race to see it opening night like Revenge of the Sith...just isn't the same.

Common, Mark, Carrie, and old Harrison get ready, Lucas, dust off your old 7,8 and 9 scripts and finally make us happy. Being as the story of Star Wars is about Anakin, and he died in 6, I doubt he can or will make a third trilogy. He's too old, there would be no good story line (refer to the PT for proof of substandard writing), and no Vader/Anakin. Come on kids, lets not believe everything we read on SS.com. It's all bullshit. If he was friends with GL, then LA wouldn't have threatened legal action 3 times to close his site or certain aspects of the site.

Beside, 7, 8, and 9 would just be a HORRIBLE decision. It wouldn't turn out to be the cash cow he'd hope it to be and it would severely lack substance. Hasn't he ruined the saga enough?

queeq
He has. But that wouldn't stop him, would it.

Where are those independent art films he said he would be making?

sweersa
He has. But that wouldn't stop him, would it.

Where are those independent art films he said he would be making?

Yeah...and don't forget Star Wars in 3D. Add that to the list of movies he once promised. 7, 8 and 9 are at the top of that list.

queeq
3D is still in the works I think.

sweersa
3D is still in the works I think.

I can't wait to see it.

coolmovies
3D great !! what next ??

sweersa
3D great !! what next ??

4D.

queeq
With wind blowing in the air, sand in your face, room getting freezing cold during the Hoth battle, very hot during and steamy during carbon freezing, teddy bears fall from the ceiling in the ewok scenes.... yeah, great.

sweersa
With wind blowing in the air, sand in your face, room getting freezing cold during the Hoth battle, very hot during and steamy during carbon freezing, teddy bears fall from the ceiling in the ewok scenes.... yeah, great.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

That is !@#$$%^ hilarious!

queeq
We could write the scripts to them now.

sweersa
We could write the scripts to them now.

We already have the scripts, we just need the items to add to make it 4D! lol

coolmovies
ok sounds silly but when vader went to the reble bass in esb didnt he feal cold ?? lolz

queeq
He switched the heater on in his suit.

Jack Daniels
the force protects them against extreme temps....sw3 obi and annie need no shields as do the droids on mustafar etc...force shield!..lol...it could be correlian ale...I heard it lowers the body temperature

queeq
And the amount of brain cells.

Jack Daniels
mmm thought we all had plenty to spare?..lol

Bardock42

queeq
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
mmm thought we all had plenty to spare?..lol

Some of us.

Jack Daniels
hey I have enough to make it to werk each day cook food and serve beer so I'm good right? It may be a small bar and grill but I am the major beer pusher there...all my local bar folk know me for making them drink more while there...(thats why I get the tips..hehe)(and I always card youngins so i never ever get busted for selling to minors I'm a good barkeep!)

sweersa
hey I have enough to make it to werk each day cook food and serve beer so I'm good right? It may be a small bar and grill but I am the major beer pusher there...all my local bar folk know me for making them drink more while there...(thats why I get the tips..hehe)(and I always card youngins so i never ever get busted for selling to minors I'm a good barkeep!)

Are you really a bartender? Cool. I am a crasher I have to card kids who buy lighters.

Jack Daniels
I use to think that was stupid law to card for lighters etc...but after meeting an adolescent pyro I thought different...lol

sweersa
I use to think that was stupid law to card for lighters etc...but after meeting an adolescent pyro I thought different...lol

Kids are morons sometimes...

Darth Subjekt
Kids are morons sometimes... Especially when they say the PT is better. stick out tongue

sweersa
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Especially when they say the PT is better. stick out tongue

Here we go again...

Hahaha.

Darth Subjekt
Dude... you haven't stopped yet, so neither am I, lol.

sweersa
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Dude... you haven't stopped yet, so neither am I, lol.

Oh no.

I can't stop becuase if I did the Nightmare would End.

And we know the Nightmare Never Ends.

Hahaha.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.