Euro 2008

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Just one day to go i cant wait who are you supporting ? I want portugel to win

Bardock42
I want Sprayn to win. Or Swaxerland.

jaden101
united kingdom states of polishlandville

Bicnarok

T.M
I don't really care either.. I just hope it is a good tournament with all the good teams playing like they can.

I would like Spain to win though.

Dr. Leg Lock
go Russia, but i dont give them much of a chance.

Bicnarok

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm in!

Phranse for the win! They got that good squad; they got that Benzemar, and they got the Ribbary, and they got that Toolalalan.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Lock
go Russia, but i dont give them much of a chance.

Khrusia would fail (though they got Goose as a coach and he did wonders with his previous teams). Phranse FTW, though Dominick seems a bit crazy with his hatred of Tresiget.

DigiMark007
Hollend. Not sure why.

Charlotte DeBel
I'm not sure they can even qualify from their group...though I hope they do, and Hitaly fails.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
I'm not sure they can even qualify from their group...though I hope they do, and Hitaly fails.

They already did, right? I thought they were in the same draw as Itely/Phranse.

confused

Anyway, big day tomorrow. Belmont, start of Euro, and Pavlik v. Lockett

Charlotte DeBel
Phranse
Itely
Hollend
Roomania

Group of death.

Bicnarok
I recon Niedthjerlanders & Roomania will go through.

So what gona be the score of tonights matched.
Heres mine:-

Swissyerland v Czxechians 0:2

Twerkeys v Portyegal 1:2 (red for 2 turks after continuesly flattening C. ronny)

Bardock42
Jesus...my little hair styling joke went a bit out of proportion....

RogerRamjet
****ing Portugal!!

Alpha Centauri
Not really feeling Portugal, to be honest.

Against a team more clinical or even better at creating chances, that kind of performance just ain't going to slice the mustard. Cut the cheese.

-AC

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by coolmovies
Just one day to go i cant wait who are you supporting ? I want portugel to win

Deutschland!

Slay
My predictions for the semi's are:

Portugal vs. Germany

Netherlands vs. Croatia

Netherlands finish second in Group C, defeat Spain in QF.
Croatia fnish second in Group D, defeat France in QF.

Champions: Netherlands

I've got the power of foresight, me.

Deano
and the power of biassmile

DigiMark007
Germanny's got the lowest odds from what I heard, so they're the favorites.

Portughul looked good. But then again it was Turkie.

Switserlend v. Check Rep. was boring as sin. Possession soccer without a purpose, imo. The better team won though.

Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Phranse
Itely
Hollend
Roomania

Group of death.

Truth. Roomania's f*cked, but Helland might have a shot to pull away from the two favorites.

Victor Von Doom
I think Gelmany will win it. Ballacquer winning goal.

Alpha Centauri
Shall you stop talking in this c*ntieval way?

-AC

DigiMark007
It's fun. No need to ruin the game just because you decide you don't like it.

Slay
Originally posted by Deano
and the power of biassmile
We'll wait and see then.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Shall you stop talking in this c*ntieval way?

-AC

The thwed starter started it so we continued the trend, what fun.

I recon Gewmany are overrated and could go out early.

Porwturgal and TWerky looked the best teams in the group, Czcchachs and Swiiizers looked crap.

Alpha Centauri
P-probably run its course now.

-AC

Deano
i agree.

croatia should win today. lookin forward to seeing modric play

who is going to be the tournament top scorer then?

i say TORRES!

Bicnarok
Klose When Germania stuff Austria 6:0, then go outsmile

Slay
Originally posted by Bicnarok
The thwed starter started it so we continued the trend, what fun.

I recon Gewmany are overrated and could go out early.

Porwturgal and TWerky looked the best teams in the group, Czcchachs and Swiiizers looked crap.
Turkey played shit, only Emre and Kezim Kezim (I think) looked like they were actually playing football. Might be because they were scared of Portugal though.

RogerRamjet
****ing hell...YES!!

DigiMark007
Everything's gone to chalk so far, but Croatia looked suspect in their win against Austria.

I love that ESPN is showing all the games.

Victor Von Doom
Torres is a big game bottler.

Bicnarok

ultimatethor
My moneys on Germani. The dutchhh always dissappoint in major competitions and the same goes for spain. Finals for me is Germani vs Itly

Alpha Centauri
Do people actually think this is funny? Spelling country's names like idiots?

-AC

T.M
Best game of the competition so far. Netherlands 3 - 0 Italy

Very good game, Netherlands were fantastic.

Alpha Centauri
They played really, really well.

I have no idea what went wrong with Italy.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
To be fair, they weren't that great. Offside first goal, then continual counters on a bizarrely shit Italian side.

They won't do so well in the other games, I don't think. Remains to be seen though. I've watched them prior to that game recently and they were crap.

I'm interested to see if Spain do their usual bottling.

Deano
They played really, really well.

I have no idea what went wrong with Italy.

-AC

no cannavaro, totti or nesta. thats what was wrong really. they cant defend without nesta and cannavaro. and if they cant defend then they cant do much else.

Alpha Centauri
No Maldini either.

-AC

Deano
Plus there only creativity comes from totti in the midfield. and he is gone.

what happened to nesta btw?

and why do commentors love cannavaro? i think nesta is the better defender personally.

Alpha Centauri
They need to bump Aquilani up to the main team as soon as possible.

Where was Iaquinta? Is he old enough?

-AC

Deano
aquilani is a good little player.

did iaquinta play? i havent been able to watch tonights game so i dont know. i only caught a brief glimpse of the highlights

ultimatethor
Originally posted by ultimatethor
My moneys on Germani. The dutchhh always dissappoint in major competitions and the same goes for spain. Finals for me is Germani vs Itly

I retract my statement. It seems that Netherlands really did come prepared. The italians are going nowhere. What a poor display.

Alpha Centauri
aquilani is a good little player.

did iaquinta play? i havent been able to watch tonights game so i dont know. i only caught a brief glimpse of the highlights

Nah, Iaquinta didn't play either.

This wasn't a Dutch victory without luck or aid in the form of missing Italian players (Cannavaro, Nesta, Maldini, Totti, Iaquinta), but they did play well. Although, you've gotta consider that there was no Robben, Babel or MOSTLY Van Persie. Van Persie still managed to turn a few defenders inside out.

We'll have to see how they do first. If they somehow won the group, we'd be able to discuss them possibly winning it.

I think they could beat Romania, France is their next big hurdle.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Nesta I think dropped out of the squad due to marriage, and then wasn't reinstated (or so I recall hearing).

I'd go on the record now and say Holland ain't winning shit. They've got no defence at all.

T.M
Dutch goal correct says ref chief

I thought Van Nistelrooy's good was OK when I saw it.. looks like a player is only inactive when off the pitch if the ref sends him from it for treatment.

Jovan
they attempted to explain it yesterday on our show of Euro 2008. At first the head of our refereeing bond stated it was clearly undoubedly offside because the italian defender was placed beyond his will out of the field and was not able anymore to continue to participate in the game.
That's a clear point in my opinion. The crap that, eventhough he was pushed offside and was injured (or claimed to be), he is still considered to be onside is pathetic. I reek it's a coverup so the referee doesn't get humiliated for making such a huge mistake.

Bicnarok
Considering how the Italians like to gain unfair advantage lying down I think rough justice.
Both teams played well though imo, Italy also had some chances, and wfrom what I saw of the boring France v Romania game they still can go through.

The second goal from W. Sneijder has to be in the running for goal of the tournament, brillinat !! how he managed to volley the ball from that angle is beyond me.

T.M
Originally posted by Jovan
they attempted to explain it yesterday on our show of Euro 2008. At first the head of our refereeing bond stated it was clearly undoubedly offside because the italian defender was placed beyond his will out of the field and was not able anymore to continue to participate in the game.
That's a clear point in my opinion. The crap that, eventhough he was pushed offside and was injured (or claimed to be), he is still considered to be onside is pathetic. I reek it's a coverup so the referee doesn't get humiliated for making such a huge mistake.

Well lets be fare.. he was pushed there not by a Netherlands player but by his own goalkeeper. He just fell over and stayed down, he wasn't injured because he carried on playing with no problem. If he wanted to he COULD have got back onto his feet and come right back onto the field without the ref having to wave him on like they do when a player goes off for treatment. I think unless he is out of the game by injury and the ref has made him leave the field for treatment he is still part of the game and therefore has to be counted when looking at offside decisions.

My first thought when I saw it was that the goal should stand, then I saw it again and thought he may have been offside. But looking at it again I think the linesman was right to not give offside and let the goal stand.

vandalworks
hollands second and third goals were nice to watch, especially the second. good to see a decent match at last. i've heard the other games have been pretty dire this far.

T.M
Originally posted by vandalworks
hollands second and third goals were nice to watch, especially the second. good to see a decent match at last. i've heard the other games have been pretty dire this far.

I wouldn't say dire.. the France - Romania game was but apart from that the games have been OK.

Deano
miles offside was the goal. end of story really

Bicnarok

T.M
miles offside was the goal. end of story really

A few years ago I would agree with you 100%.. but with the offside rule like it is now it was onside.

T.M
Another very good game. Spain played superbly.

Jovan

Slay
Originally posted by Jovan
so because they have the name of making schwalbes, the goal is tough luck for them? That's an insane way of thinking

look, basic fact is that the head of our refereeing bond phoned in, said he was 200% sure it was an offside goal. I trust that guy much more about decisions than the UEFA. Why? Because Jeurissen has nothing to win or to lose by saying the truth; he's neutral in this. The UEFA is far from it: they just have to say it's onside because on this tournament the 12 best referees of Europe are participating. If one of those 12 makes a freakingly huge error (just like now) it shows the referees aren't top at all.

Another thing to think about: there was this action a year or two ago in our league: there was a corner and one of the guys (Mbark Boussouffa of Anderlecht) jumped behind the line to set up the off-side trap. They explained he should know that that was wrong since he willingly stepped out hte playing field and that he still is considered to be onside. (I don't like this rule at all but I see logic in this)
Here you have a guy that gets hit by his keeper (and yes he gets hit) AND he gets thrown (not even pushed, but literally thrown) out of the field... it's only logical you lie down to recover after having been through that! How the hell can you be onside at that point?

Guess a new tactic in Germany or other countries were they are very physical in their play: just kick the defenders off the field, make sure they're out for a few seconds and just get your chance, they're online after all. What the f**k?

BTW, got a question: they're also saying that it was still in the same action... when does an action exactly end? 'cause if I remember correctly the Italians kicked the ball away and then it got dropped into the feet of a Dutchmen who gave the assist. So, why didn't they stop one action at the Italian kicking the ball away and a new one when the assist was given?

EDIT: they make a distinction between volontary leaving the field and those not leaving volontary
They're just screwing up their own defence. Come on! Panucci didn't leave volontary! He gets hit and thrown out, that's not volontary leaving the field.
Furthermore... a player has to ask permission to leave the field according to their rules. So; shouldn't they give Panucci yellow for leaving the field without permission? Did he get back on the field with permission of the referee? Otherwise, strictly speaking he should have received his second yellow card...
I'm guessing you're a bit soar about Belgium not qualifying again?

Deano

Jovan
Originally posted by Slay
I'm guessing you're a bit soar about Belgium not qualifying again?
not at all; I'm VERY soar we are keeping that idiot Vandereycken as coach... haven't qualified for the World Cup, nor for this Euro... we lost against countries that were ranked 50 places below us on the ranking (if not more).
Painfully enough, I think the next time we will reach such a tournament is in 2018 when we will host it with The Netherlands (IF we get it, that is).

btw, I don't get what Belgium not qualifying has to do with a referee that should get fired

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Spain looked special yesterday. Their midfield is incredible (despite being filled with centre-midfielders), and their attack is dynamic, pacy, and clinical. I wonder if they can keep it up...

PS. Makes a mockery of England's flat, one-paced, unimaginative midfield.

Bicnarok

Alpha Centauri
What makes Villa dangerous is that he's sharp. Very, very astute.

With Iniesta and Fabregas playing behind him, he could rack up some goals. Aragones should obviously start Fabregas, but I don't know who he'd replace. I think it's worth havin Torres and Villa upfront, so maybe take off Xavi.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
Wasn't too impressed with Portugal today.

The last goal was smartly opportunistic, but other than that, I wasn't too impressed. The first goal was scrambled, the second was a bit speculatory.

Considering the opponents, Holland still have the best performance so far for me.

-AC

Deano
I would actually keep Xavi on. He sets the pace. I rate him highly.

It should be between Fabregas and Iniesta who plays.

Portugal played well today.Nno idea why they continue to play Gomez up front. Never looks like he is gonna get a goal at all.

T.M
I would keep Xavi on too. I think he is a very good player.

Gomez is playing up front because they have no one else there. The only other forwards they have are Almeida who came on for him today and Postiga.. then it is players like Ronaldo, Nani, Simao.

They haven't had a top goalscorer for a ages.

chillmeistergen
I would have won quite a bit of money if Portugal hadn't scored that third goal, quite annoying.

Victor Von Doom
Germany have been the only team so far that were impressive in all aspects.

Bicnarok

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Xavi and Iniesta are both excellent. Neither of them should be dropped in place of Fabregas as they're the reason Fabregas went looking elsewhere for first-team football when he was Barca in the first place. Well, at least that's according to Dr. Sid Lowe...

Alpha Centauri
That was when he was...14?

He's better now. Arguably better than Iniesta.

At least we can all agree that Greece will be f*cking off. Italy have a narrow escape, even if they play shit, they're still the world champs, and will be until the next World Cup, unless they win that.

Greece got lucky. Won a flukey tournament and then didn't have to defend it 'til now.

-AC

Bicnarok

Alpha Centauri
It was only Germany's second game, but Croatia mean business, clearly.

I think Germany aren't playing bad, so much as the style they DO play wasn't working that well against Croatia. All points to Croatia, though.

Let's just imagine how clinical they'd be if they had Eduardo in the team.

Not a team to take for granted, that's for sure.

-AC

DigiMark007
Exciting match. And yes, the Croats surprised most, especially after a sub-par (though winning) effort in their first match.

I'd like to see Holland play again. Until then, Portugal has seemed to be the most complete team to me so far.

Deano
i did say i would be betting on croatia to win the tournament big grin i fancy them as the surprise package

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, dear...Modric; bit good.

Alpha Centauri
What a goal by Robben.

-AC

T.M
Yeah how the hell did he get that in from there.

What a game this is.

Alpha Centauri
He had no right scoring from there, really.

Sneijder, however...

-AC

Dr. Leg Kick
not surprised, Spain dominated Russia. sad

great game though.

Bicnarok
The Romania v Italy game was very eventful to say the least.

I find Mutu annoying, as he keeps the ball too long when passing would be the better option. Romania may beat the Ntherlands if they play a weekend team to rest some players, but I doubt it.

Charlotte DeBel
Holland may play a "weekend team" as it leaves France and Italy totally f*cked and kicked off from Euro- and then the Dutch may not worry about the chanses of meeting either one of those two teams in semis (to be honest, group D doesn't impress me much- Russians and Greeks look weak and out of place- Greeks are a joke of an European champion, so it's totally possible- France may pull off WC'06 when they barely qualified from their group and then beat Spain (who pwned anyone in their group before that) in quarterfinals).

Anyways, France looks like the weakest version since '02, so if they qualify- it would be a miracle.

Domenech is a pussy- officially.

Slay
Offensively Holland was great again last night, defensively however we're just not good enough. Against a team like Spain, who actually finish off their chances, we will get in trouble. Also, Mathijssen should never get the chance to play for the national team again. Unbelievable how Van Basten keeps letting him start the game while he has Heitinga and Bouma on the bench.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Holland are beautiful to watch on the break. Van der Vaart and Sneijder are incredible, plus Horse Face, Robben, and van Persie are pretty good, too. Also, they've stil got Huntelaar on the bench! I'd love to see them play Spain, that'd be a great game.

Bicnarok

T.M
It's not possible for Spain to play Netherlands in the final.. probably be the semis because of the stupid way they have done the draw this year.

Dr. Leg Kick
yes. decent goal. goal keeper shouldn't have left his post.

Russia 1-0. their offense is looking better.

Dr. Leg Kick
Pavlyuchenko! that was embarrassing laughing out loud

that last shot on goal should have been a goal.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
Pavlyuchenko! that was embarrassing laughing out loud

that last shot on goal should have been a goal.

He should work on his aim. A lot.

Bicnarok

T.M
I think this is the first time the draws have been done like this. I hope they don't do it again.

Victor Von Doom
Think I've been watching a different Croatia to everyone else. Died after 20 minutes against Austria, the shittest team in the competition that they beat due to an early *pearolled* penalty, and beat Germany on a terrible day for them with a fortuitous goal.

Spain look good on the attack, shit in defence. Seriously bad. Holland are better on the attack, and actually look a bit more solid than usual at the back.

France are dead- Domenech is one of the worst managers I've seen in a long time. If Italy somehow get through, I could see them winning it.

Portugal are consistent but not that great.

I'm sticking with Germany for one side of the draw and Holland for the other, unless Italy go through.

Dr. Leg Kick
Switzerland did great! great team, but was not expecting them to defeat Portugal in that fashion.

Bicnarok

Alpha Centauri
He waited 'til the ball was out, cos otherwise the Czechs would have had a penalty and it probably would have gone to pens.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm going to stick with my pre-tournament choice: Holland. Or Portugal.

Definitely not France. Whoever thought they would have a good tournament is an idiot!

T.M
He waited 'til the ball was out, cos otherwise the Czechs would have had a penalty and it probably would have gone to pens.

-AC

Personally I think that if a player is stupid enough to do that then the other team should have had a penalty.. A red card isn't enough what advantage did the Czechs have from that.

Should have been at least a free kick if not a penalty in my opinion.

Bicnarok

T.M
Exactly.. a ban doesn't give the Czechs an advantage though.

Bicnarok

T.M
I know what you are saying..

I just think for something as blatant as that there should be something given for the opposition. yeah they had a man extra but only for about 1 minute in this case.. not really an advantage there.

Maybe they could have it so for something like this were it was a push in the chest the keeper gets a yellow and then the opposition have a free kick. It will only be a red card then if it is a punch or something realy bad, cause that was nothing really Koller went down like he had been shot.

Victor Von Doom
The ref couldn't, and shouldn't, give anything else. He gave a red, Volkan got sent off. The ball was out of play with a minute left, so just because there was an infringement doesn't mean the Czechs deserved something more than they got.

T.M
Well the Czechs didn't get anything.

But I know. Those are the rules, just seems a bit stupid to me.

Bicnarok

Bardock42
Originally posted by T.M
Well the Czechs didn't get anything.

But I know. Those are the rules, just seems a bit stupid to me.

Well, the Czechs got 3 minutes against 10 men without a real goalkeeper in the goal. They couldn't make anything of it. But there wasn't actually any harm done anyways.

Deano
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9B3-3-Q-Ss

this is why scolari will do well inthe prem

check out 1 min 40

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by T.M
Personally I think that if a player is stupid enough to do that then the other team should have had a penalty.. A red card isn't enough what advantage did the Czechs have from that.

Should have been at least a free kick if not a penalty in my opinion.

Don't be silly.

Bicnarok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9B3-3-Q-Ss

this is why scolari will do well inthe prem

check out 1 min 40

Yep Scolari has a short fuse and has clobbered a few people, including the press. This should make things particularly interesting when you consider how annoying & intrusive the English media are.

They were talking about this on radio 5 "football phone in".

So who still thinks Germany can win the EURO 2008.

Ok Ballacks 121 Kmh free kick was well impressive, but the team looks rather dodgy in most areas imo, especially central defense.

Philip Lahm was brilliant last night though, I like attacking right/left backs.

Victor Von Doom
Of course Germany can win it. They have proven pedigree, whereas Holland, Spain et al are renowned bottlers.

chillmeistergen
I'd like Holland to win it, but as VVD said, they do bottle it. I don't want Portugal to win it, I just don't think the quality of football deserves it. Germany, Spain or Holland, that'd be good and a good final to watch as well.

Bicnarok

Bardock42

Bicnarok

T.M
Come on Sweden.

I have them in a pool big grin

Bardock42

Victor Von Doom

Bicnarok

Bardock42
Germany are "lucky" in tournaments?

Bicnarok
Penalties?

Deano
portugal will exploit a weak german defence. i'll go with a 2-1

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, German get to all major tournament finals by luck.

Also, their penalty shootouts are not "luck". It's luck if you're shit. Germany are not shit at penalties.

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Penalties?

O-our Goalkeepers are ****ing sweet.

Bardock42
I'm liking this game.

Alpha Centauri
So, Bic...how 'bout them Germans that you said couldn't take Portugal?

-AC

Slay
Klose just scored the 2-0. Guess it's exit tournament for Portugal then.

vandalworks
not yet. 2-1. i want portugal to get another back... and germany to knock them out in injury time. greasy swines

Alpha Centauri
That's 3-1 to the team who are lucky and dodgy at the back, against a team people consider favourites.

-AC

RogerRamjet
not yet. 2-1. i want portugal to get another back... and germany to knock them out in injury time. greasy swines

what the **** are talking about?? just because your faggy shit Ronaldo doesn't and CAN'T live up to his exaggerated hype, doesn't mean Deutschland's lead is not an earned one...

Alpha Centauri
I swear he was dissing Portugal.

-AC

RogerRamjet
i'm not sure...but if he was...i take it back...cept for the Ronaldo part...

Dr. Leg Kick
Quarterfinals:

Portugal vs Germany= I got Portugal winning in a very close game.

Croatia vs Turkey= Should be another very close game. I think Crotia takes this.

Netherlands vs Russia= Russia pulls off an upset big grin

Spain vs Italy= Spain dominates.

Alpha Centauri
"Never, ever write them off." Clive Tyldseley says.

The tosser was Portugal/Ronaldo's cheerleader all night.

Originally posted by RogerRamjet

He said he wanted Germany to knock them out in injury time.

Quarterfinals:

Croatia vs Turkey= Should be another very close game. I think Crotia takes this.

It's not hard to dominate Italy, it's knocking them out of tournaments that seems to be inconceivably tricky. I can see Turkey slipping by Croatia, though I'd not like that.

So, Bic...what happened? Germany took Portugal apart, who couldn't really break down the "shitty" Germany defense. It was Portugal who looked shit at the back.

-AC

Bardock42
Quarterfinals:

I don't think that first's going to happen.

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't think that first's going to happen.

DEUTSCHLAND!!!!!!!!!! LOS!! MITSCHREIEN!!!

Bardock42
DEUTSCHLAND!!!!!!!!!! LOS!! MITSCHREIEN!!!

Did my schreien for the day.

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by Bardock42
Did my schreien for the day.

me too...lost my sweet angel-like voice...

vandalworks

i was dissing portugal. i suggest taking it back is too late and you should stop making accusations and ask or not say a thing.

RogerRamjet
i was dissing portugal. i suggest taking it back is too late and you should stop making accusations and ask or not say a thing.

it was a misunderstanding, i was a wee bit emotional back there and for that i am sorry...and too late? well...only thing that's a bit untimely is you playing the affronted...but to be quite honest with you...i don't give a **** if you accept that apology or not..and just to make that perfectly clear to you...in the days to come, you'll be reading whole lot of my stuff on these pages if you stick around...

Cryo

vandalworks
it was a misunderstanding, i was a wee bit emotional back there and for that i am sorry...and too late? well...only thing that's a bit untimely is you playing the affronted...but to be quite honest with you...i don't give a **** if you accept that apology or not..and just to make that perfectly clear to you...in the days to come, you'll be reading whole lot of my stuff on these pages if you stick around...

whats the point of apologising if you dont even mean it? but again.. what does it matter.

please continue to post here, just dont type anymore accusations until you've read they're post properly. thats all i was saying.

DigiMark007

Bicnarok

Alpha Centauri

Ya Krunk'd Floo
It's ok, you'll know as much as me one day.

I, for one, pray for that sweet day...

I hope Croatia or Holland win the tournament. Please not Germany or Italy...Please!

PS. I've been enjoying the Guardian Football Daily podcast, but I had the misfortune of listening to the 5 Live one with Danny Baker; it made me want to kill people.

Dr. Leg Kick
i'm hoping for Russia to pull off an upset.

i'm calling it now, 3-1 Russia wins big grin

Bardock42
Wow...****ING WOW.

Bardock42
Well, was an alright game. Nice ending. And some fun scenes throughout...I think for Germany it is better that Turkey won.

DigiMark007
lulz. Boring game, punctuated with an abnormally exciting finish. Turkey shouldn't be here, but they manage to scrape by, so Germany should be the favorite but I won't be shocked if Turkey pulls a Greece here.

jaden101
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I won't be shocked if Turkey pulls a Greece here.

laughing that's funny in so many non-footballing ways laughing

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>