Wanted

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Based upon Mark Millar's explosive graphic novel series and helmed by stunning visualist director Timur Bekmambetov--creator of the most successful Russian film franchise in history, the Night Watch series--Wanted tells the tale of one apathetic nobody's transformation into an unparalleled enforcer of justice. In 2008, the world will be introduced to a hero for a new generation: Wesley Gibson.

25-year-old Wes (James McAvoy) was the most disaffected, cube-dwelling drone the planet had ever known. His boss chewed him out hourly, his girlfriend ignored him routinely and his life plodded on interminably. Everyone was certain this disengaged slacker would amount to nothing. There was little else for Wes to do but wile away the days and die in his slow, clock-punching rut.

Until he met a woman named Fox (Angelina Jolie).

After his estranged father is murdered, the deadly sexy Fox recruits Wes into the Fraternity, a secret society that trains Wes to avenge his dad's death by unlocking his dormant powers. As she teaches him how to develop lightning-quick reflexes and phenomenal agility, Wes discovers this team lives by an ancient, unbreakable code: carry out the death orders given by fate itself.

With wickedly brilliant tutors--including the Fraternity's enigmatic leader, Sloan (Morgan Freeman)--Wes grows to enjoy all the strength he ever wanted. But, slowly, he begins to realize there is more to his dangerous associates than meets the eye. And as he wavers between newfound heroism and vengeance, Wes will come to learn what no one could ever teach him: he alone controls his destiny.

LINK
http://www.latinoreview.com/films/wanted-619

rockycairns
McAvoy should pack and head back to Shameless

JediSamuraiMRB
I'm seeing Wanted right before it comes out. Can't wait.

crystallake
I just now saw the trailer for this over at Apple; how the heck did I miss it earlier?!? This is one of my favorite graphic novels; I can't WAIT to see it in theaters!

exanda kane
Good old McAvoy.

jaden101
visually it looks stunning...but i just dont think Mcavoy fits the role at all...suspension of disbelief is lacking for me

MildPossession
Angelina Jolie + action movie = me there.

Mairuzu
Can't wait

crystallake
I dunno if any of you are gamers, or if you're into ARGs, but I Googled this movie last nite, and found their main website at wantedmovie.com. If you go there and click "Enter U.S. Site", they've got this cool little menu thing that pops up with bullets... but one of the bullets isn't labeled.

Hey, any time I see a hidden link on a website, I've GOTTA find out where it goes - it's the DVD easter egg hunter in me. cool

Well, it takes you to this weird website called FraternityofWeavers.com - it looks like they're running a "Wanted" ARG!! That is AWESOME!!!

Toku King
Ugh. I'll pass, thank you.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Looks pretty sweet, kinda Matrixy. Not sure about Jolie, though...Always found her to be a little shit.

jaden101
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Looks pretty sweet, kinda Matrixy. Not sure about Jolie, though...Always found her to be a little shit.

would stick it in her arse though

MildPossession
As long as she is better than what she was like in A Mighty Heart, ugh.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by jaden101
would stick it in her arse though

That's nice. She's attractive, but I don't get the whole 'Sexiest Woman Alive' thing.

WrathfulDwarf
"Based upon Mark Millar's explosive graphic novel series..."

For a minute there I thought I read Frank Miller (I'm need to wear glasses)....no thanks....I'll pass....

coolmovies
Anyone looking forward to this movie ? Starring Angalina jolie and Morgan Freeman it looks good to me. out 27.6.08

Mr Parker
I think I saw commericials of that movie the other day.Yeah I'll have to see it.

BruceSkywalker
I'm seeing this. It looks really good.

jaden101
i was about to say there's already a thread about this...BUT YOU MADE THAT ONE AS WELL

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t476347.html

MildPossession
Oh dear...

ragesRemorse
This movie looks horrible. It looks like the sci-fi equivalent to, You dont mess with the Zohan. Morgan Freeman helps the appeal of this movie, but Angelina Jolie...,well, all she does it attract horny teenagers, unless you really think she is a good actress. If that is the case, may God forgive you. From what i have heard , this movie is made by the same director of Night Watch and Day Watch. I have to beleive this because the effects look like garbage. I will give a nod to Night Watch and Day Watch though. Assassins who can make bullets curve and lack of practical locations...,no thank you.

FistOfThe North
it looks like a good waste of time. I may watch it.

MildPossession
Have you even seen Gia, and Girl Interrupted!! she IS a good actress. Unless I just got totally confused by your post...

ragesRemorse
yeah, she did have a fine performance in Gia, but since she has hit celebrity status all i see in her movies is teeth and hair. She seems to have adopted Clint Eastwoods technique of talking low and acting with the face, but it falls flat for me. Her performances always feel synthetic to me.

H. S. 6
I'll see it for some ridiculously over-the-top action.

FistOfThe North
it'll be like a serious version of "shoot 'em up" only better perhaps.

Fallen
i hear its based off a comic book.

SnakeEyes
I've read the graphic novel/comic and thought it was pretty average, with some badass moments thrown in there. The movie looks to be the same way in this sense. The comic heavily revolved around supervillains though, and for the movie adaption they took out all special powers/comic-like characters, etc. or changed them to fit the movie. I'm curious to see how the movie turns out, but, having read the source material and with what I know so far, it'll be an average, fun, unrealistic action movie. Nothing special, but hopefully a good popcorn flick.

percept
I haven't yet caught on with the commercials or any promos but yes I would definitely want to catch on Angelina Jolie,so I guess I will be watching the movie.

ariwin
Definitely going to go see this. I love James McAvoy to bits. Angelina Jolie I am lukewarm about, but McAvoy makes it a must-see.

crystallake
I can't wait to see this one - it's one of the few movies coming out this summer that I'm willing to wait in line for, just to see it on opening night. The trailers look cool as hell, especially the newest one that just came out a few days ago, and I like both Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman. I love me some crazy over-the-top action movies; June 27th can't get here fast enough!

Solo
It looks like Chuck: The Movie.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
This movie looks horrible. It looks like the sci-fi equivalent to, You dont mess with the Zohan. Morgan Freeman helps the appeal of this movie, but Angelina Jolie...,well, all she does it attract horny teenagers, unless you really think she is a good actress. If that is the case, may God forgive you. From what i have heard , this movie is made by the same director of Night Watch and Day Watch. I have to beleive this because the effects look like garbage. I will give a nod to Night Watch and Day Watch though. Assassins who can make bullets curve and lack of practical locations...,no thank you.

yeah it doesnt look good.Jolie is the only reason I want to see it,she is hot. big grin

crystallake
Originally posted by Solo
It looks like Chuck: The Movie.

LOL! That is the best description I have heard so far. Of course, I don't know that Chuck is ever going to become an evil killer capable of assassinating someone from a mile away, but still... I get your point. big grin Nonetheless, I'm still gonna see it; getting to hear Morgan Freeman scream profanities in the red band trailer that just came out is almost worth the price of admission by itself.

cococryspies
I looks way to stylized

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Check out this clip:

http://www.empireonline.com/video/wanted/clip1.asp

Looks cool as (cool) shit!

jaden101
Check out this clip:

http://www.empireonline.com/video/wanted/clip1.asp

Looks cool as (cool) shit!

Bekmambetov has always been a superb visual director, if sometimes a little over the top

still very strange to think that's the same guy as

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4463/coracaovalente01ie2.jpg

Davis O'Hara...very underrated

ScarletSpeed
never read it.

movie looks exciting I think,

bullet curvingsmile

Toku King
Loved the graphic novel. Sure as heck not watching this disaster.

Toku King
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
never read it.

You should. It's a fantastic comic.

Plutonic_Hat90
It looks like one of those movies that I'll rent. Wait scratch that; illegaly download FTW

but no really, any movie where someone deflects a ****ing bullet with their fist is just ridiculous

even though Jolie is gorgeous

Leo.M
I really can't wait to see this.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I don't know what people are crying about. The first Night Watch was a good movie, and this looks like it'll be a lot of fun, too.

Prepare to eat thy words, fools...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Whadiditellya...

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/reviewcomplete.asp?FID=133072

MildPossession
First Night Watch was good, Day Watch was not...

jaden101
yeah i was highly disappointed with daywatch...it doesn't tie in with nightwatch at all....i did like the scene with the ball bearing weapon that rips the city to pieces though

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah, Day Watch was shit which is weird 'cos Night Watch was pretty good. Then again, the last two books in the trilogy were also pretty poor in comparison to the first.

MildPossession
I can't even remember that scene... must have been a riveting film.

jaden101
i think Bekmambetov is a visual director rather than a narrative driven one...i wont go into this film expecting a standard assassin movie only with cool effects...because clearly the assassins are meant to be portrayed as having far beyond standard human ability...Mr X reminds me of a matrix agent in that last clip that was posted

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah, there's definitely a Matrixy feel about the movie. If it gives me the same feeling that I got after watching the first Matrix in the theatre, then it'll have done pretty damn well.

SnakeEyes
If it gives me the same feeling that I got after watching the first Matrix in the theatre, then it'll have done pretty damn well.

It won't, so don't get your hopes up.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Reviews from reliable sources have been very positive.

dadudemon
This movie looks pretty good.

I'll be uh seein' it.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Another great looking clip:

http://www.empireonline.com/video/wanted/clip2.asp

Rascaduanok

Robtard
Watched this tonight; it wasn't very good, not very good at all.

Surprised McAvoy did a movie like this, he has a few superb movies/roles under his belt already. Hope he doesn't continue his career with movies of this caliber.

SnakeEyes
Saw this tonight as well, except, surprisingly, I liked it a lot. Don't get me wrong, the movie was way over the top and very unrealistic and it strayed from the comics almost completely, but regardless, the action sequences were great, McAvoy was very likeable as the lead and the essentials of the plot were kept the same.

BruceSkywalker
Saw Wanted this morning and liked it. McAvoy is very talented and I look forward to seeing him in more roles like this.

Quiero Mota
It sucked. It has a story that has been to death in fiction a million times: a nobody loser is molded into a killer by an organization. He then goes on a personal scavenger hunt, carries out a vendetta, and then it turns out to be a morality tale. The movie was totally dependent on shoot-outs, car chases, and the presence of Morgan Freeman (who for almost the past 20 years has only been doing mentor supporting roles) to give it a sense of legitimacy.

Oh, and I was hoping they'd call it a "frat" at least once.

BruceSkywalker
There is the possibility of a sequel since Wanted is on pace to make $40 million at the box office.

Plutonic_Hat90
Just came back from theaters and actually found myself quite entertained. At the beginning of the movie I kept thinking to myself "Wow this is starting off really bad..." but then it picked up a bit, and once you get past how ridiculously unrealistic/over the top this movie is, it became pretty fun.

And the last action scene by the way was right up there with the lobby shootout of the original Matrix. Seriously, it was just incredibly cool... I can't really get over it.

But by all means this is still not a great movie. Poorly directed in places, plot holes, and still too unrealistic to fully enjoy some of the action sequences (I mean, who thought of the ending to the train scene. really) I give it a 6.5/10

moviebuff1084
I really was not expecting much if anything from this movie. But i went and watched it with some friends and it was amazing such a great movie so go and see it if you haven't yet.

SelinaAndBruce
Eh this movie was kind of lame to me. It required you to suspend your belief far too much and it never paid off for how much of your belief you had to throw out of the window. The action was not as thrilling as I thought it would be overall, there were plotholes galore and the story itself was stupid. And I think the movie might have had the most blatant abuse of the slow motion affect that I have ever experienced.

Not that I don't think someone could go to the theater and enjoy this. I just never was thrilled the way I expected to be. I've seen a lot of movies so I will admit to being more difficult to please when it comes to the action genre, but overall I was not impressed. It wasn't horrible though it was a passable time I just wish I'd waited to rent. And I agree about the ending to the train scene.

The shocker for me is that Fox was my favorite character in the movie and I don't like Angelina Jolie. But she was cool especially for her last stunt of the movie.

5.7/10

Mairuzu
Was fun to watch

SpaceMonkey
Just a fun way to spend 2 hours in an air conditioned room this summer. No more, no less.

Mairuzu
with friends

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
There is the possibility of a sequel since Wanted is on pace to make $40 million at the box office.

Wanted made $ 51 million, I'm certain the studio may look to do another Wanted movie. Overall, it was good, It required you to suspend disbelief which some movies like this tend to do. I didn't mind that at all.

ragesRemorse
i liked the first half of the movie, but the action went over board and the story became to cliched for me. For a movie that came out of nowhere and inspired no expectations, however, i thought it was a solid movie. Some of the effects annoyed me, but it was much better than i expected.

Rascaduanok

Darth Vicious
I watched it today and it was pretty good. I never got around to reading the comic book so I didnt knew what to expect. It was bit over the top but it was entertaining. Since I didnt read the comic, the "twist" caught me a bit by surprise. Its not a great movie by any means but its a cool popcorn film.

=Tired Hiker=
Is the twist like The Crying Game? If so, I'll see it! eek!

DestinyGuy678
well there were two twists....the first one was kinda lame, taken almost directly from star wars

the second one was good

overall I really liked the movie though

BruceSkywalker
Who wants more Wanted. ..

A sequel(s) is on the way..

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080707b.php

Fallen
a decent flick and more than entertaining.

i saw it twice. i got dragged into seeing it a second time. its one of those films you can only stand to watch once, but still good enough to see in a theater.

andanotherthing
Once was enough for me, but I agree that it's worth seeing on the big screen. I wasn't expecting much, but I think they made a little too big of a deal about curving bullets. I enjoyed the long, rifle shots though. I'd be interested to see where they go with a sequel, considering how this one ended.

AAT

Rascaduanok
Originally posted by andanotherthing
I enjoyed the long, rifle shots though.

Aye. In the comics the first long rifle shot assassination they say took place from TWO CITIES AWAY because nobody wanted to get any closer to someone they knew as the best assassin in the world!

super pr*xy
good movie. got a little winded. a few minutes shorter would've been nice. plus, after the star wars "no luke, i am your father" shocker, that was the end of that. the effect of that line wore off... unless it's really really unexpected.

ScarletSpeed
Loved the movie, great action and good acting,

just a sexy movie overalllaughing out loud

DeVi| D0do
Damn, this movie looks like a bunch of goofy fun. Can't wait.

Syren
I'll probably download it shrug

=Tired Hiker=
I don't need to download it. I lived it. raver

Kazenji
Originally posted by Plutonic_Hat90

But by all means this is still not a great movie. Poorly directed in places, plot holes, and still too unrealistic to fully enjoy some of the action sequences (I mean, who thought of the ending to the train scene. really) I give it a 6.5/10

Plot holes, Such as ??

And i just saw it today

And since were using the 10/10 rating system, I would give it 8.5/10

Bardock42
I just can't shake the feeling I've seen Equilibrium again.

With worse acting, worse story and a lot lamer linest.

Still had some flashy action sequences. Not horrible that movie. And...there's worse movies to copy, really.

Now, how it is based on Mark Millar's Comic, I have no idea.

Kazenji
I prefer this over Equilibrium myself, Equilibrium was the more worst movie.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Kazenji
I prefer this over Equilibrium myself, Equilibrium was the more worst movie.

You mean "worse".

And WRONG!!!

Kazenji
Yea well F U i don't need to accept your opinion.

Bardock42
Yea well F U i don't need to accept your opinion.

True. Really though, Equilibrium was much, much, much better.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bardock42
True. Really though, Equilibrium was much, much, much better.

IYO

Bardock42
IYO Nah, in fact.

Wil7
I just saw this movie yestersay, and I was really dissapointed. The best part in the movie was seeing the sexy Angelina Jolie's ass big grin, and besides that, it wasn't that good.

What did you guys think of this movie?

AdamW.
I thought it was a gripping action movie and a stylistically innovative piece of work, but felt the logic it tried to inject was faulty.

jaden101
you know what i thought of this movie?...that someone will have already done a thread about it

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t485623.html

and i was right

Wil7
Good, I am glad there already is a thread, because then I can say it sucked there too then.

Wil7
Disappointment

jaden101
i think not alot of people appreciate bekmambetov's direction style...i, for one, thought it was a great film

people seem to think it's a film about a bunch of normal assassins and say stuff like "there's no way they could do that" when referring to, for example, the car flip when he shoots the guy through the sunroof

funny that the same people don't question anything about comic book films like batman....

there's no difference...the people in the fraternity on wanted are supposed to be super-human and do ridiculous stuff...

ragesRemorse
I thought this movie was garbage. I really wanted to like the movie but i couldn't find one redeemable aspect. I should have stopped watching this puke fest after the second bullet collision.

SnakeEyes
Recently watched this movie for the second time. Call it garbage and I will not argue, but I enjoyed this movie. I'm an intellectual guy, I like watching movies that make me analyze what I'm seeing or in some way alter my perceptions, thoughts, opinions, etc. Wanted is not one of these movies; it's something that I can safely turn off my brain before viewing and just enjoy for the eye-candy (both the action sequences and Angelina). That said, there is some feeling of empowerment watching Wesley transform from geek to badass and get back at those who've ****ed him over.

AdamW.
Originally posted by jaden101
i think not alot of people appreciate bekmambetov's direction style...i, for one, thought it was a great film

people seem to think it's a film about a bunch of normal assassins and say stuff like "there's no way they could do that" when referring to, for example, the car flip when he shoots the guy through the sunroof

funny that the same people don't question anything about comic book films like batman....

there's no difference...the people in the fraternity on wanted are supposed to be super-human and do ridiculous stuff...

And Wanted was loosely based on a comic book.

celestialdemon
VERY loosely.

BlazingBarrells
Dug it. Big time. I'd probably go gay for James McAvoy. I like his stuff. Good, fresh new actor.....and I almost slayed a dragon in my shorts when M. Freeman said mother f'er. Classic.

Impediment
I just finished watching Wanted for the first time. Without a doubt, it's one of the cheesiest movies I have ever seen. Mildly entertaining, but I couldn't enjoy it to the full extent because it was just so goddamn cheesy. This movie should have been sponsored by Cheese Whiz.

Impediment
Seriously. How cheesy is this movie?

Is there a cheese rating scale?

Impediment
Goddammit! This movie was so goddamn cheesy!

I want my 100 minutes back.

Darth Martin
I just watched it last night as well...... erm I give give it 6/10. Entertaining.

Iron Man>Wanted=Hancock>The Incredible Hulk

Rogue Jedi
I missed this at the cinema, bought the DVD and finally saw it. Some notes:

Loved how they made Cross Wesley's Dad at the end, I KINDA saw that coming. The shootout in the pharmacy left me wondering "Why the hell didn't Cross kill Wesley straight away?" Jolie appears and Cross disappears, but he had a split second window there.

Not sure how I felt about Freeman being the boss bad guy. "Someone shoot this muthafukka" coming from Freeman didn't sit right with me.

Wesley's sniper rifle, the one Cross used, why did it have that sideways scope? Did that have something to do with curving bullets?

Angelina looked droolio....HOTTER THAN EVER. But why didn't she get out of the way of her own bullet?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.