Havok vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who wins?

tkitna
Havok

llagrok
Havok kicks ass.

piccolo84
50/50 split.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by piccolo84
50/50 split.

How so? What the f**k?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Metalmanx
How so? What the f**k? yeah, I don't see Havok taking any wins either.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Starscream M
yeah, I don't see Havok taking any wins either.

Hm, it's probably because of work, but I can't seem to tell whether or not you're being sarcastic. confused

Starscream M
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Hm, it's probably because of work, but I can't seem to tell whether or not you're being sarcastic. confused why would you think I was being sarcastic? confused

Metalmanx
Ah, I see. Miscommunication. I'll be more clear.

I think Havok takes the majority.

golem370
Havok

nimbus006
Havok has enough power to put Wolverine down for an extended period of time which is good enough for a win.

Wolverine takes 2 wins depending on how and where the fight starts.

fangirl101
havok if he wanted, could clean wolverine's bones right down to the metal.

starlock
Havok for the win

Endrict Nuul
Alex

Harbinger
Havok 8/10.

norrinradd43
Havok 7/10

batdude123
Originally posted by llagrok
Havok kicks ass.

Battlehammer
Depends on the envoirment and havok cis

fangirl101
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Depends on the envoirment and havok cis
This is a forum fight. What havok CIS could there be? Wolverine is ascrapper with limited range and dmg inflicting abilities, while Havok is a blaster who could destroy all of wolvies flesh in one hit.

Battlehammer
cis is still on in forum matches. He fears wolverine greatly and it has effect his proformances in the past and one stabb from Logan and havok screwed.

it depends on how much cis effects havok and the setting of the battle

llagrok
lmao

fears Wolverine greatly....

Endrict Nuul
cis is still on in forum matches. He fears wolverine greatly and it has effect his proformances in the past and one stabb from Logan and havok screwed.

it depends on how much cis effects havok and the setting of the battle

laughing

Battlehammer
......why are you so surprized...........it been mention in comics before........alot of it has to do with the fact havok looks up to wolverine

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
laughing
whats so funny?.......................

Placidity
I don't mean to put this in a bad way, but you are a wolvy fanboy. Theres no other way of saying it.

I'm sure everyone has biases towards characters that they like more and sometimes will lean towards that side in a battle even if evidence says the contrary. But I think you go waaay overboard.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Placidity
I don't mean to put this in a bad way, but you are a wolvy fanboy. Theres no other way of saying it.

No I am a fan. There a differences. I do not state things that are falses. I stat comic book facts, not to say I am not bias, but I keep it incontrol.

I'm sure everyone has biases towards characters that they like more and sometimes will lean towards that side in a battle even if evidence says the contrary. But I think you go waaay overboard.
really like were? pleases I love to know.............

I mean the last time I had a debate with you i recall proving you wrong and showing you to be quite ignotant of wolverines abilites...........

Battlehammer
oh havok 10/10 in any open spaces setting

Placidity

I mean the last time I had a debate with you i recall proving you wrong and showing you to be quite ignotant of wolverines abilites...........

Only in your mind. If you think Wolverine has Speed Demon speed than thats your choice, admittedly that particular scan does confirm it, but IMO its against what he's character is set up to be and its just bad writing.

Anyway, I'm not even basing this on that thread. Theres been countless other wolverine topics, which you've shown unjustified bias for Wolverine, usually but dismissing the other character's abilities. And in this thread playing on Havok's "fear" of wolverine.

Hey, I know your not going to agree, so lets keep this pleasant and leave it at that because I know you can get quite cranky.

Battlehammer
Only in your mind. If you think Wolverine has Speed Demon speed than thats your choice, admittedly that particular scan does confirm it, but IMO its against what he's character is set up to be and its just bad writing.

I actaully don't think he has speed demon level of speed. I think he has spiderman level of speed and that all I ever argued.

Anyway, I'm not even basing this on that thread. Theres been countless other wolverine topics, which you've shown unjustified bias for Wolverine, usually but dismissing the other character's abilities. And in this thread playing on Havok's "fear" of wolverine.

Really were? I waiting for you to prove this.

how does saying havok fear of wolverine make me bias? I said it depends on the enviorment and how much cis effects Havok. Which is far from a bias responses.

Hey, I know your not going to agree, so lets keep this pleasant and leave it at that because I know you can get quite cranky.

No I am quite fine. I just find it rather amusing that one such as your self can talk so much smack with out being able to provide evidences.......I mean if I am so bias show me were I was fanboyish? becuases the only example you ahve so far is mean saying the enviorment and the amount of cis effects havok are big factor on who wins this encounter.

and I already stated havok wins in an open spaces 10/10

Mindset
I don't remember Havok ever showing any fear of Wolverine, not recently at least, as in the last couple years.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Mindset
I don't remember Havok ever showing any fear of Wolverine, not recently at least, as in the last couple years.
He did so in 2004 in the last issue of wolverine enemy of the state in which Logan even states that havok has always feared him.

Mindset
He did so in 2004 in the last issue of wolverine enemy of the state in which Logan even states that havok has always feared him.

Oh, well that was said in a Wolverine comic, and in Enemy of the State. I'm surprised they didn't have Wolverine slicing Havok's blast in half then koing him with a flick.

But like I said, I don't remember Havok actually ever showing any fear towards Wolverine.

llagrok

Oh sure, Logan stated it.

Norman Osborn is god, amiright?

Phantom Zone
lmao

fears Wolverine greatly....

It was actually mentioned in Enemy Of The State. Oh its been mentioned already.

Battlehammer
Oh, well that was said in a Wolverine comic, and in Enemy of the State. I'm surprised they didn't have Wolverine slicing Havok's blast in half then koing him with a flick.

But like I said, I don't remember Havok actually ever showing any fear towards Wolverine.
Nice cop out.........

................he did in that very issue.............and was the reason he got dropped so easily..............

Battlehammer
Oh sure, Logan stated it.

Norman Osborn is god, amiright?
what?

Phantom Zone
Nice cop out.........

................he did in that very issue.............and was the reason he got dropped so easily..............

I actually agree. Wolverine clearly stated that Havok was shiting his pants. Wolverine has known Havok for ages and he would know. As far as I know Wolverine can even sense fear as well.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
It was actually mentioned in Enemy Of The State. Oh its been mentioned already.
yup, but thanks anyways.

Battlehammer
I actually agree. Wolverine clearly stated that Havok was shiting his pants. Wolverine has known Havok for ages and he would know. As far as I know Wolverine can even sense fear as well.
cosigned. And havok looks up to him.

this would all be kinda useless in an open setting, however in say woods or something of the sort Logan could capitalizes on havok fear of him to squeak a majority depending on how much cis effects havok.

llagrok
what?

Wolverine can say whatever he wants, but it won't actually mean anything.

Even if Havok did "fear" Wolverine, it wouldn't really change the outcome of the battle. It most certainly wouldn't make him perform any worse than against someone he might underestimate.

Bentley
I find hard to believe that after facing Vulcan he would be so scared of Wolverine that he would lose.

Phantom Zone
cosigned. And havok looks up to him.

Correct. As Havok stated "You're never old you're Wolverine."

this would all be kinda useless in an open setting, however in say woods or something of the sort Logan could capitalizes on havok fear of him to squeak a majority depending on how much cis effects havok.

Nah dont think it would be useless in an open setting. As far as I know it was fairly open when Havok was firing blasts at Wolverine.

Im not sure about his powers but he should be capable of doing a wide blast thats impossible for Wolverine to escape. I can imagine him not doing it in Enemy Of The State because he could have hurt other people.

Battlehammer

oh so now everything Logan says is a lie? becuases you dislike it?

nice debating there.

pleases he stated and then showed it by easily putting havok down.

Even if Havok did "fear" Wolverine, it wouldn't really change the outcome of the battle. It most certainly wouldn't make him perform any worse than against someone he might underestimate.
It clearl effect his performances the last time they battle and would effect the outcome if given the rigth enviorment, but in an open type setting your right it won't matter which I have fully admitted. So I don't see what the problem here is..............

Battlehammer
Correct. As Havok stated "You're never old you're Wolverine."

he said that in the arc were they went into spaces right?

Nah dont think it would be useless in an open setting. As far as I know it was fairly open when Havok was firing blasts at Wolverine.

Im not sure about his powers but he should be capable of doing a wide blast thats impossible for Wolverine to escape. I can imagine him not doing it in Enemy Of The State because he could have hurt other people.
They were in the woods, it was open little bit were they were battling.

You are correct which is why unless the enviorment was say the woods or something of the nature, havok fear of him would do him little good in a fight.

llagrok
oh so now everything Logan says is a lie? becuases you dislike it?

nice debating there.

pleases he stated and then showed it by easily putting havok down.

It clearl effect his performances the last time they battle and would effect the outcome if given the rigth enviorment, but in an open type setting your right it won't matter which I have fully admitted. So I don't see what the problem here is..............

Nice debating there? It won't mean jack unless it actually comes from Havok.

Who gives a **** what Wolverine goes around saying? He LOVES to blow his own horn. Anyone can claim that they're stronger than someone, but here on KMC it doesn't matter until they've actually proven it. Wolverine made an assumption, he could be wrong.

Phantom Zone

Yeah I know hes only known Havok for years his opinion don't mean shit.

It fair to assume this is one of the factors why Havok could not put Wolverine down in EOTS. Hell Cyclops managed to get him. Fear usually affects your performance and Wolverine stated it also in another issue Havok has shown to have great respect for him so its not a stretch to think that he fears him.

Battlehammer
Nice debating there? It won't mean jack unless it actually comes from Havok.

yea right. Logan has known havok for years and can senses some one fears..........why would he be lying to him self...........your rational just stupid.

Who gives a **** what Wolverine goes around saying? He LOVES to blow his own horn. Anyone can claim that they're stronger than someone, but here on KMC it doesn't matter until they've actually proven it. Wolverine made an assumption, he could be wrong.
You never read he issue have you?

He not saying he mroe powerful he was saying he could tell havok was scared of him which is what allowed him to drop him so easily.

pleases read the issue before debating about it, becuases your reponses clearly show you never read it.

ThorForce
Havok wins

Caps Conscience
Logan fans can never let their boy take his loss. SMH

Havok in a stomp.

golem370
Havok could put him down but he might be living in fear for the rest of his life wondering whether or not Wolverine will ever get revenge. By the way I like Havok better I am just stating a possibility

psycho gundam
havok's powers are actually omni-directional, he only channels them in a single direction to attack opponents. if he was scared of logan and in a forest or factory or some other close-quarters environment, he can just
release a ton of cosmic energy omni-directionally leveling any area. (and anyone in it)

Roldz
Majority to Havok..

StyleTime
Majority should go to Havok except in specific circumstances, but Battlehammer is right about the CIS thing guys.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by psycho gundam
havok's powers are actually omni-directional, he only channels them in a single direction to attack opponents. if he was scared of logan and in a forest or factory or some other close-quarters environment, he can just
release a ton of cosmic energy omni-directionally leveling any area. (and anyone in it)
Agreed. When releasing his energy in all directions, there isn't any way for Wolverine to come within close range of him. Havok takes this battle.

Roldz
Problem with this is its extermely exhausting for him to do this.. if Wolvering manage to take cover from a few said attack Alex is history..

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Roldz
Problem with this is its extermely exhausting for him to do this.. if Wolvering manage to take cover from a few said attack Alex is history..

Yeah but forum rules state that its a featureless envinronment.

redhotrash
Xavier said he could put Galactus to sleep, that doesnt make it true. Sometimes characters talk out their rear or exaggerate.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by redhotrash
Xavier said he could put Galactus to sleep, that doesnt make it true. Sometimes characters talk out their rear or exaggerate.

Now what are you b*tching about now? no expression

llagrok
Now what are you b*tching about now? no expression

?

It's true.

Endrict Nuul

Edit.

redhotrash
Im saying everyone is acting like Havok is going to be cowering and firing shots off at his own shadow. The guy has fought worse than Wolverine, has lead his own team, and has the ability to remain calm in a fight. Just because he had a fanboy moment around Wolverine once or twice doesnt mean he wont waste him promptly.

Phantom Zone
?

It's true.

Lets evaluate the evidence shall we:

1. Wolverine has known Havok for years.
2. Havok looks up to Wolverine and there is evidence for this in other issues.
3. Lots of other heroes were shitting their pants as well as Havok.

So the evidence indicates that what Wolverine said was probably correct.

Im saying everyone is acting like Havok is going to be cowering and firing shots off at his own shadow. The guy has fought worse than Wolverine, has lead his own team, and has the ability to remain calm in a fight. Just because he had a fanboy moment around Wolverine once or twice doesnt mean he wont waste him promptly.

That still doesn't make what I said incorrect. The facts still indicate that Havok seems to have some CIS for Wolverine, but im not sure its going to be enough for him to lose the majority. Quite frankly im just arguing that what Wolverine said was probably correct.

llagrok
Lets evaluate the evidence shall we:

1. Wolverine has known Havok for years.
2. Havok looks up to Wolverine and there is evidence for this in other issues.
3. Lots of other heroes were shitting their pants as well as Havok.

So the evidence indicates that what Wolverine said was probably correct.

- Ok
- What other issues?
- Ok?

Phantom Zone
X-men issue 166 and X-men 170. See what Havok says about Wolverine he kinda looks up to Wolverine the way Spiderman looks up to Cap. Its not a stretch to think that he would fear him in combat.

redhotrash
I look up to Steve Hawking for leading the charge into black hole research, would I be scared of him in combat? Not really. Respect doesnt equal fear.

Phantom Zone
I look up to Steve Hawking for leading the charge into black hole research, would I be scared of him in combat? Not really. Respect doesnt equal fear.

Maybe not but theres a difference in respecting somebodies ability to kill people as opposed to somebodies scientific knowledge.

Im pretty sure if you had to face him in some inter-galactic war and Steven Hawkins knowledge was being used to help destroy your army then you would be scared. wink

llagrok
X-men issue 166 and X-men 170. See what Havok says about Wolverine he kinda looks up to Wolverine the way Spiderman looks upt to Cap. Its not a stretch to think that he would fear him in combat.

Wolverine wasn't even in 166 nor did I find any mention of him. I just skimmed through it though, could you be more specific?

Alex gave Wolverine a pep talk in 170 and told him that he was experienced....

Wow, Alex is shaking in his boots....

Phantom Zone
Wolverine wasn't even in 166 nor did I find any mention of him. I just skimmed through it though, could you be more specific?

My bad its Xmen issue 167. See what Havok says to Wolverine when he gets on the Blackbird.

Alex gave Wolverine a pep talk in 170 and told him that he was experienced....

Wow, Alex is shaking in his boots....

Yes and what did he say? "You're never to old you're Wolverine". My point is that he greatly respects him for his career and the things hes done so its not a stretch to think that he would fear him in combat. In that situation there is nothing to be afraid of since he is not fighting Wolverine.

llagrok
My bad its Xmen issue 167. See what Havok says to Wolverine when he gets on the Blackbird.

Yes and what did he say? "You're never to old you're Wolverine". My point is that he greatly respects him for his career and the things hes done so its not a stretch to think that he would fear him in combat. In that situation there is nothing to be afraid of since he is not fighting Wolverine.

Yes, there is a stretch :/

And it works both ways really

Phantom Zone
Yes, there is a stretch :/

And it works both ways really

What so the evidence doesn't indicate that Havok respects Wolverine? Why does Havok respect Wolverine because hes an expert at knitting or is it because Wolverine is a badass killing machine thats taking on the Hulk and has had a long career kicking butt? I don't know why but something tells me that if you respect a persons ability to harm people its not a stretch to think you would fear them in combat.

Nah its not a stretch. erm

redhotrash
It is a stretch, Iceman looks up to most of the X-men (being the youngest member) but he'd wreck most of them. Either way its a dead issue since everyone agree Havok takes a majority.

Phantom Zone
It is a stretch, Iceman looks up to most of the X-men (being the youngest member) but he'd wreck most of them.

No its not a stretch its a stretch because you want it to be. Like I said Wolverine is respected for his ability to kill and his long career, also considering the fact that Wolverine has know him for YEARS, means that Wolverine was probably tellling the truth. Hell other people in that issue were also scared stiff as well, why would Havok be the excpetion? My argument is not just one point but differents points, if you focus on one you may not get the point.

Iceman was one of the first X-men, so I don't know about that. Im pretty sure that he looks up to some of them but you seem to be blowing things out of proportion.

redhotrash
Alright my bad, if Iceman and Beast were to fight, Iceman would be greatly intimidated and lose.

Phantom Zone
Alright my bad, if Iceman and Beast were to fight, Iceman would be greatly intimidated and lose.

*sigh* I don't know what the hell your talking about I dont even think Iceman looks up to Beast greatly.

Anyway my argument is not even that Havok will lose the majority. Im just arguing that its possible for Havok to lose a few due to CIS.

Endrict Nuul
Who the Hell cares about if Havok respects Logan or not. Y'all treating Havok like he will be shaking in his boats as soon as he sees Logan.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Who the Hell cares about if Havok respects Logan or not. Y'all treating Havok like he will be shaking in his boats as soon as he sees Logan.

Anyway my argument is not even that Havok will lose the majority. Im just arguing that its possible for Havok to lose a few due to CIS.

no expression

Battlehammer
Originally posted by StyleTime
Majority should go to Havok except in specific circumstances, but Battlehammer is right about the CIS thing guys.
cosigned.

Battlehammer
people are completely ignoring what me and alf are saying.

were not saying havok does not win. were saying given the right scenerio such as woods, havok cis could allow logan to take the majority. Other wises havok every dam time.

~The Wickerman~
Doesn't the forum have some PIS, CIS and bloodlust rules?

Cause without CIS (which I think Battlehammer's right about) Havok should be able to completely wipe the floor with Wolverine.

Mindset
people are completely ignoring what me and alf are saying.

were not saying havok does not win. were saying given the right scenerio such as woods, havok cis could allow logan to take the majority. Other wises havok every dam time.

WHat's stopping Havok from doing an omni-directional blast in the woods?

psycho gundam
WHat's stopping Havok from doing an omni-directional blast in the woods? nothing, nitro did it.

lft4ded
The greenery reminds him of Lorna?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by lft4ded
The greenery reminds him of Lorna? eek!
that would be mega PIS if that crept into his mind mid battle.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by psycho gundam
eek!
that would be mega PIS if that crept into his mind mid battle.

MANLY PIS !!!!! mad mad

Battlehammer
WHat's stopping Havok from doing an omni-directional blast in the woods?

the fact it out of character...............would waste his energy..............and has no idea were wolverine is in the woods and how far away..............

jinzin
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Logan fans can never let their boy take his loss. SMH

Havok in a stomp.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Wolverine's owned Havok in several fights in and out of continuity. erm

Mindset
the fact it out of character...............would waste his energy..............and has no idea were wolverine is in the woods and how far away..............

Why is it out of character, it's just a blast.

It doesn't use that much energy...

Blasting omni directionally would clear the area, whether Wolverine is near or not doesn't really matter. If he is then he gets hurt, if he's not then it just increases Havok's field of vision.

Roldz
Its not out of character for him to omni blast..

Random got the wrong end of it when he (Havok) couldnt find him..

carver9
Originally posted by jinzin
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Wolverine's owned Havok in several fights in and out of continuity. erm

Mindset
Originally posted by jinzin

Scans?

redhotrash
To be fair Havok has also developed a bit as a character. In the proper setting Wolverine could get a ambush win against a lot of people he shouldnt, but in equal terms Havok takes this the majority.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.