I Need A New Sci-Fi/Fantasy To Watch HELP MEE!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Agon
Ok I need a new Sci-Fi/Fantasy to watch, preferrably Sci-Fi but if the Fantasy is really good I am willing to give it a try. So far I have Watched.

Currently Watching

-Lost
-Heroes
-BSG(LAST SEASONmad, oh well at least it ends expectedly and they can plan out the ending)

Watched
-Farscape - Movie and Series(Really good, hate how it was unexpectadly stopped, the movie didn't really do a good job of finishing either)

-Bsg - Saw everything even The Crusade, This was truly one of my favourite as it actually was one that was not unexpectedly cancelled and it finished in its time although the season after the shadow wars was when everything kinda pretty much slowed down

-Stargate SG-1 - Saw everything up to season 8 and then ported over to SGA, SG-1 was really entertaining for the first 6 seasons, season 7 was something new with the Ancients and the pegasus, then I gave up on SG-1 everything started falling apart

-Stargate Atlantis - I actually am a huge fan of this one, and considering its a spinoff it is very good, the ending of season 4 was crazy.

-FireFly + Serenity - Omg FOX SUCKS, SO SAD. Loved teh Western/Sci-Fi aspect of this. Really looking forward to DollHouse, ELIZA DUSHKU(ALBANIAN WOMEN FTW!!!)

I would prefer the sci-fi to be in the 80s / 90s so fairly new. Lets see what you guys come up with. Oh and I just ordered the First Season of Doctor Who, so I got that.

ragesRemorse
odyssey five
V
Dr who
Quantum leap
The hitchhiker
Sliders (First two seasons)
X-files

Bardock42
Babylon 5

Endless Mike
Try the new Doctor Who series

Ushgarak
I think he meant Babylon 5 when he said BSG, and he mentions already having ordered new Who.

Try Life on Mars (the UK original, not the upcoming remake). Only tanegntially sci-fi, but if you like the rest you should like that.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I think he meant Babylon 5 when he said BSG, and he mentions already having ordered new Who.

Try Life on Mars (the UK original, not the upcoming remake). Only tanegntially sci-fi, but if you like the rest you should like that.

Would make sense. Though I don't know anything about Battle Star Galactica so I figured they might just have blatantly ripped of Babylon 5 no expression

Devil King
Reign: The Conqueror

Dreamreaver
How about DS9? That was a really great show I thought.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
odyssey five
V
Dr who
Quantum leap
The hitchhiker
Sliders (First two seasons)
X-files

Good choices.

If u havent watched The X-files by now, this is ur time to catch up. The series was pretty esxcellent and theres about 200+ episodes to keep u busy for a while and when ur done, u can watch the 2 movies.

Mindship
Surface
Though it had a limited series run on network TV 1-2 yrs ago, I thought it was very well done. I imagine at some point in the future, the series will, um, re-surface.

Karas: The Prophecy
This movie shows up on cable from time to time. Two words: Visually Mesmerizing. The animation is beautifully done, powerfully presented. Story's a little hard to follow, but you won't care. Just. Visually. Mesmerizing.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Mindship

This movie shows up on cable from time to time. Two words: Visually Mesmerizing. The animation is beautifully done, powerfully presented. Story's a little hard to follow, but you won't care. Just. Visually. Mesmerizing.

And theres a follow up to it

Karas: The Revelation.

Jedireaper
You could try Ghost in the Shell 2nd GIG, or Cowboy Bebop, or even Planetes (highly recommend), as Sci-fi/fantasy anime.

Or try ST: Voyager series, or the original Battle Star Galactica series, or you could try Futurama for a diverse example.

Personally I like Mission to Mars

Darth Vicious
Surface
Though it had a limited series run on network TV 1-2 yrs ago, I thought it was very well done. I imagine at some point in the future, the series will, um, re-surface.

I thought it was well done too. Too bad it got canceled. They shouldve at least finish the story first. I always though the series had too much special effects for a tv series. Too much cost on fx + not enough viewers =canceled!

Thanks for mentioning this. Never heard of it and it looks sick. Hope it lives up to the trailer I saw on YouTube.

DethRose
Tin Man. I've never personally watched it, but my aunt is a huge Scifi fan and she loved it.

MildPossession
Definitely the first X-Files film, doesn't matter if you miss the terrible second movie, not missing out on anything important.

jaden101
space: above and beyond

not sure how easy it is to find though...but it's definitely one of the best cancelled shows ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.