Silver Surfer vs Annihilus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
Who takes this?

norrinradd43
Surfer with style.

CaptainStoic
I was thinking about who would win this battle after seeing how easily The Silver Surfer dealt with Nova (Richard Ryder) recently, but Annihilus had the power to deal with him just as easilly before he (Annihilus) killed Quasar (Wendell Vaughn).

I don't believe a battle between Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer), and Annihilus would be as cut and dry as many suspect it would be.

norrinradd43
If Surfer were to fight Annihilus, I dont think he would hold back like he did against Ravenous concidering everything he was directly responsable for during Annihilation...Surfer wouldnt take any chances with him and would destroy him.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by norrinradd43
If Surfer were to fight Annihilus, I dont think he would hold back like he did against Ravenous concidering everything he was directly responsable for during Annihilation...Surfer wouldnt take any chances with him and would destroy him.

While I would tend to agree with you... Annihilus has the cosmic control rod, and anything that the Surfer might throw at him would be absorbed, and make Annihilus stronger.

Wouldn't it?

Tenebrous
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
While I would tend to agree with you... Annihilus has the cosmic control rod, and anything that the Surfer might throw at him would be absorbed, and make Annihilus stronger.

Wouldn't it?

I don't think Annihilus has ever exhibited that capability. Considering Annihilation was all about how Annihilus wanted to understand the Power Cosmic and how to use and manipulate it for his own purposes, I think it's safe to think he more likely doesn't have the ability to absorb/rechannel anything that the heralds would use against him.

Mr. Slippyfist
With the Cosmic Control Rod, Doom was using it to harness and attune the Cosmic Cube...

Anyway... Q Bands or not?

guy222
norrin

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
With the Cosmic Control Rod, Doom was using it to harness and attune the Cosmic Cube...

No Quantum Bands, just the control rod, or this would be a stomp, IMO.

Xplosive
Originally posted by norrinradd43

Norrin wouldn't hold back, but that doesn't mean it would be enough for the win.

I am not sure who would win, probably Annihilus in the end.

starlock
Surfer for the win

Give annihilus the quantum bands and it would make it worse for him(if marvel counts past continuity)

Hitman911
SS>>>>NOVA>>>>Annihilus

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Hitman911
SS>>>>NOVA>>>>Annihilus

Your logic is flawed. Nova was only able to hold his own barely against an heavilly injured Annihilus. Annihilus was being held together by the Quantum bands after taking a galaxy destroying blast from Galactus.

Annihilus is far greater than Nova and showed as much when he killed Quasar, and nearly devoured Nova in their first meeting. In fact Annihilus seemed to make as quick work of Nova (Ryder) as The Silver Surfer did in his recent 2008 showing against him.

This is pretty much how I am judging the viability of Annihilus being able to take anything that the Silver Surfer could throw at him, and possibly increase his might. The very idea that Galactus' cosmic quaker affected Annihilus with the cosmic control rod may have been a mixture of PIS and CIS combined, because of what Mr. Slippyfist brought up earlier.

nimbus006
In Nova # 4 of the pre-Annihilation mini, Annihilus handled Quasar with no problem and absorbed his Quantum bands. He also was handling Nova very easily until he got tricked, and was forced to focus his efforts on his armada which was destroying itself. The only reason Nova beat him in Annihilation # 6 was due to the fact (as someone already mentioned) that Annihilus was weakened, and if I recall correctly distracted as well.

I think Surfer could win this, but it would be extremely difficult.

Surfer 7/10.

Question: Does anyone have an explanation for Annihilus power upgrade during Annihilation as opposed to his previous showings?

Tenebrous
Originally posted by nimbus006

Question: Does anyone have an explanation for Annihilus power upgrade during Annihilation as opposed to his previous showings?

Yeah. Though it's more a real-world explanation, provided by Andy Schmidt.

Over at the cbr forums, back when annihilation just started getting underway...schmidt explained how the whole idea behind the storyline was to take a relatively underused cosmic character and make him a huge, serious threat. Basically, they wanted to take a b-list villain, strip away that jobber status the FF relegated him to, and depict him as someone even Thanos would be taken aback with.

basically, they wanted to pimp up a b-list villain, and show him as a real serious threat.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Tenebrous
Yeah. Though it's more a real-world explanation, provided by Andy Schmidt.

Over at the cbr forums, back when annihilation just started getting underway...schmidt explained how the whole idea behind the storyline was to take a relatively underused cosmic character and make him a huge, serious threat. Basically, they wanted to take a b-list villain, strip away that jobber status the FF relegated him to, and depict him as someone even Thanos would be taken aback with.

basically, they wanted to pimp up a b-list villain, and show him as a real serious threat.

So they did that without giving an in comic related explanation?

llagrok
Annihilus was a threat to Thor though and injured by Nova. I dare say High herald w/o Qbans is a reasonable assumption.

quanchi112
SS>>>>NOVA>>>>Annihilus No Annihilus is more powerful than Nova. Nova had help also when he defeated him and got smoked the first time he met up with Annihilus.

skyfather
annihilus ftw
he stomped quasar who had the q bands and one shotted phyla while she had the q bands.

didnt thor need odin to bfr annihilus???

ultimatethor
Surfer FTW 6/10. If it had bin b4 the surfers recent destruction of Nova id have said annihilus would win it.

llagrok
Originally posted by skyfather
annihilus ftw
he stomped quasar who had the q bands and one shotted phyla while she had the q bands.

didnt thor need odin to bfr annihilus???

Thor beat him on his own.

skyfather
Originally posted by llagrok
Thor beat him on his own.

didnt odin show up in the end

llagrok

Different fight.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by llagrok
Thor beat him on his own. Heh...

Anyway, Nova didn't really beat him... he did the equivalent to turning off a switch, or pulling a pin to take down a building.

I can't see Surfer putting his hand down Annihilus's throat, and I can't see Annihilus distracted after one-shotting Phyla.

llagrok
Heh...

Anyway, Nova didn't really beat him... he did the equivalent to turning off a switch, or pulling a pin to take down a building.

I can't see Surfer putting his hand down Annihilus's throat, and I can't see Annihilus distracted after one-shotting Phyla.

Hammer to the rod, end.

Hyperion Prime

I thought Odin showed up too. He took a direct blast from Annihilus Cosmic Control Rod. He then banished Annihilus from Asgard.

ThorForce
SS>>>>NOVA>>>>Annihilus

Who do you think you are fool?

ThorForce

Ouallada
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
I thought Odin showed up too. He took a direct blast from Annihilus Cosmic Control Rod. He then banished Annihilus from Asgard.

Different fight. He beat THor in that one, iirc.

SS would take this if Anni did not have the Q-bands. 7/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.