galactus team vs tiamuts team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skyfather
no bfr

galactus(just ate a planet)
tyrant fp
stranger
tenebrous
aegis
watcher(autu)

vs
Tiamut, The Dreaming Celestial
Arishem the Judge
Exitar the Exterminator
The One Above All
Ashema the Listener
Oneg the Prober

which team wins?

george '06
I'd go galactus team, except for TOAA, with out him galactus team, with TOAA celestial team

nimbus006
Originally posted by george '06
I'd go galactus team, except for TOAA, with out him galactus team, with TOAA celestial team

How much do you know about TOAA to make him sway your decision so drastically?

Besides, you know, him being "above all".

Is he really the most powerful Celestial?

guy222
TOAA is the leader of the Celestials

Scathan is the most powerful Celestial(Earth-691)

Tiamut is the baddest Celestial(Earth-616). A Celestial Host couldn't kill Tiamut

Celestials work well as a group. I don't see Galactus and Tyrant working at all

Celestials FTW

Should see alot of Tiamut as Eternals is out tomorrow

skyfather
Originally posted by guy222
TOAA is the leader of the Celestials

Scathan is the most powerful Celestial(Earth-691)

Tiamut is the baddest Celestial(Earth-616). A Celestial Host couldn't kill Tiamut

Celestials work well as a group. I don't see Galactus and Tyrant working at all

Celestials FTW

Should see alot of Tiamut as Eternals is out tomorrow
this my thread and they work as a damn teamuhuh

guy222
Did I say it wasn't ur thread

skyfather
Did I say it wasn't ur thread
it was a joke guy.

Knowsbleed33
Celestials win because of Tiamut, Exitar and TOAA.

guy222
Celestials

Knowsbleed33
The Prober solos.

skyfather
in retrospect, team 1 takes it 8/10

guy222
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
The Prober solos.

the best name for a celestial laughing out loud

Naija boy
Galactus turns the celestials into his heralds.

guy222
really

Knowsbleed33
I only see Galactus and Stranger as true threats to Celestials here.

guy222
Exitar already killed 'The One'. The Watchers leader, so Uatu isn't a factor

Knowsbleed33
he threatened to kill all of the Watchers.

Also, in Cosmic Collison a huge group of Watchers sat in awe of 1 Celestial host.

guy222
Exitar the Exterminator

Priest
Who is Autu The watcher?

iceman24567
Team one

Utrigita
Imo Team one for the win.

Bouboumaster
It depends of how Galactus would be able to fair against a celestial.

It would be interesting.

batdude123
Originally posted by Priest
Who is Autu The watcher?

Some guy who's a smart-ass prick. no expression

Slaanesh
tiamuts team FTW

guy222
Originally posted by Utrigita
Imo Team one for the win.

cheers

zeel
Originally posted by Naija boy
Galactus turns the celestials into his heralds.

last time galactus seen a celestial he pissed his pants.

stormultt
This is utterly ridiculous these r ****in celestials and TOAA is with them?oh hell no, galactus is gon be limping his ass threw the universe if he makes it through the fight.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by stormultt
This is utterly ridiculous these r ****in celestials and TOAA is with them?oh hell no, galactus is gon be limping his ass threw the universe if he makes it through the fight.

the most the OAA has done is throw planets at thanos

Slaanesh
well..the Big G need planet to sustain his life..and the OAA throw it around like a toy stick out tongue

guy222
Originally posted by Tenebrous

thanos with the ig smile

guy222
Originally posted by Slaanesh
well..the Big G need planet to sustain his life..and the OAA throw it around like a toy stick out tongue

toaa also bended time and space to show thor odin/zeus/vishnu bowing before arishem

celestials...better teamwork...gives them the win

stormultt
Originally posted by Tenebrous

exactly , wat did u think he would just go all out on thanos??HELL NO, galactus`s big ass is gon lose point blank

Mindset
exactly , wat did u think he would just go all out on thanos??HELL NO, galactus`s big ass is gon lose point blank I'd think he'd go all out on Thanos, that would've been his only chance of winning, which he really didn't have one anyway...

stormultt
Originally posted by Mindset
I'd think he'd go all out on Thanos, that would've been his only chance of winning, which he really didn't have one anyway...

WHATEVER if thanos was so called able to"beat" toaa then he can beat the hell out of galactus team which the celestials will do

CELESTIALS!!!!!FTW

and galactus goes down hard im talkin this kinda hard>giljotiini

Mindset
WHATEVER if thanos was so called able to"beat" toaa then he can beat the hell out of galactus team which the celestials will do

CELESTIALS!!!!!FTW

and galactus goes down hard im talkin this kinda hard>giljotiini When OAA was throwing planets at Thanos he had the IG.

occultdestroyer
Galactus loses yet again

Lord Feron
Team 2.
Not Sure if Big G can take out the TOAA.
I think the Watcher race is below the celestials. In one arc with the F4 the watchers just let them get killed by the celestial. But then again it could be because they swore a oath to like never do anything directly or something, even if it is to defend themselves.

DP Tyrant, he can easily kill high heralds but against celestials not so sure... I assume the weakest celestial is atleast DP Tyrant level so yeah alot of unknown variables possibly favoring team 2.

janus77
FP Tyrant is on a par with a moderately fed Galactus, no?

if so, I think Team One might be up to the challenge...
imagine if Galactus began to consume the hyperspace, while Tyrant began infecting their technologically-based suits/armour.

stormultt
Originally posted by janus77
FP Tyrant is on a par with a moderately fed Galactus, no?

if so, I think Team One might be up to the challenge...
imagine if Galactus began to consume the hyperspace, while Tyrant began infecting their technologically-based suits/armour.

Well Thats jus to damn b ad that galactus probably wouldnt last so long,
and plus 2 of the celestials once battled beyonder and managed to hold their own imagine of all the celestials were fighting its gonna be like waaay to much for big G

LOL>chair

Galan007
The Prober solos. Depends if you're into that sort of thing. ermmnone

Galan007
and plus 2 of the celestials once battled beyonder and managed to hold their own If you're talking about Secret Wars II, Beyonder fought more than 2 Celestials - and they did not hold their own.

stormultt
Originally posted by Galan007
If you're talking about Secret Wars II, Beyonder fought more than 2 Celestials - and they did not hold their own.

well as i recall they did not lose nor win and the beyonder did not win nor lose either but still the celestials win this without a doubt

Nihilist
well as i recall they did not lose nor win and the beyonder did not win nor lose either but still the celestials win this without a doubt ka-dur

Galan007
well as i recall they did not lose nor win and the beyonder did not win nor lose either none

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1141854_sw1.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1141855_sw2.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1141856_sw3.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1141857_sw4.jpg

none

starlock
Tiamut's team for the easy win

Vorpal Ruin
Wow, Beyonder is a BAMF.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by skyfather
no bfr

galactus(just ate a planet)
tyrant fp
stranger
tenebrous
aegis
watcher(autu)

vs
Tiamut, The Dreaming Celestial
Arishem the Judge
Exitar the Exterminator
The One Above All
Ashema the Listener
Oneg the Prober

which team wins?

Here's my match up:

The Stranger Vs The Prober
The Watcher Vs The Listener
Tyrant Vs One Above All
The Devourer Vs The Exterminator
Aegis of Sorrows Vs The Judge
Tenebrous of the Darkness-in-between Vs The Dreaming Celestial

The Celestials would take this fight 9/10. They simply have an edge on their opponents.

Nihilist
team 1 for a big majority

guy222
Tell me how my friend

Nihilist
Tell me how my friend by being more powerfull,galactus alone is above any of the celestials

guy222
ok buddy

stormultt
Originally posted by Nihilist
by being more powerfull,galactus alone is above any of the celestials

That is about the dumbest shit i have ever read on this forum but hey now i can say that i have seen it all-_-

dots

Nihilist
coming from you who posted this

well as i recall they did not lose nor win and the beyonder did not win nor lose either but still the celestials win this without a doubt

stormultt
coming from you who posted this YEA COMING FROM ME WHO HAVE ACTUALLY PICKED UP A CELESTIAL COMIC OR READ COMIC EVER!!!!FOR THAT MATTERsly

Nihilist
YEA COMING FROM ME WHO HAVE ACTUALLY PICKED UP A CELESTIAL COMIC OR READ COMIC EVER!!!!FOR THAT MATTERsly great comebackthumb up

stormultt
great comebackthumb up

lol you are so rude

Knowsbleed33
by being more powerfull,galactus alone is above any of the celestials

Based on what?

Naija boy
Based on what?

id say that statement is based on a lot. G >>> single celestial

Knowsbleed33
That's the same response he gave and it doesn't answer the question.

What are you basing this on?

guy222
Originally posted by Naija boy
id say that statement is based on a lot. G >>> single celestial

which one friend

scathan, tiamut, exitar, arishem or ziran?

Slaanesh
tiamut > big G..if big G didn't eat him that is..

stormultt
Originally posted by Slaanesh
tiamut > big G..if big G didn't eat him that is..

i really dont think its situation were galactus can **** up because if exitar, tiamut, scathan and OAA are there its a no joke fight

guy222
During the Black Celestial Arc, Galactus 'consumed' Tiamut

500,000 years later, Uatu couldn't watch and Big G knew fear

I have wonderous Galactus friends and we love debating back and forth between the two. They take Galactus. I take Celestials

Knowsbleed33
From all the information we have it seems Galactus wants nothing to do with any Celestial.

Mindset
What information?

I only recall one time that he showed any reaction to a celestial and that was with Tiamut.

Knowsbleed33
His reaction to a Celestial being destroyed by the supreme power suggests alot IMO.

Mindset
I'm sure the cosmic hierarchy would have the same reaction to Galactus being destroyed, imo that doesn't mean Eternity, for instance, would have a problem beating Galactus.

Knowsbleed33
No one else reacted.

Do you honestly believe Galactus thinks he has enough power to destroy a Celestial when he was shocked that the OAA's power did?

Mindset
No one else reacted.

Do you honestly believe Galactus thinks he has enough power to destroy a Celestial when he was shocked that the OAA's power did? It could be he could beat a Celestial, but not destroy it.

Thanos w/ the IG beat a Celestial, it's not like HOTU was the only thing that could do it.

Really doesn't make much sense why Galan was so shocked.

Knowsbleed33
IG>Galactus.

I don't see how he can unless he has a hyperspace plot device in his back pocket or uses the UN of course.

Mindset
IG>Galactus.

I don't see how he can unless he has a hyperspace plot device in his back pocket or uses the UN of course. You missed my point.

Hotu > Ig

So obviously it doesn't take the power of God to beat a Celestial, it also doesn't make sense that Galactus was shocked that Thanos beat one with the Hotu, when he has already done so with the Ig.

Or he could just have the power to beat a Celestial.

guy222
Seems the Knauf brothers have retconned Starlin's Marvel: The End

Celestials cannot be destroyed

woot

Knowsbleed33
You missed my point.

Hotu > Ig

So obviously it doesn't take the power of God to beat a Celestial, it also doesn't make sense that Galactus was shocked that Thanos beat one with the Hotu, when he has already done so with the Ig.

Or he could just have the power to beat a Celestial.

Actually Galactus was shocked that Thanos destroyed a Celestial.

stormultt
It could be he could beat a Celestial, but not destroy it.

Thanos w/ the IG beat a Celestial, it's not like HOTU was the only thing that could do it.

Really doesn't make much sense why Galan was so shocked.

because galactus knows of what the celestials are capable of my friend wink

Mindset
But you don't. smile

Slaanesh
big G always thought that a celestial can't be kill..than thanos with THOTI come and shattered his dream..

Knowsbleed33
That was the OAA's power. If they can't kill a Celestial, nothing can.

stormultt
But you don't. smile

YES!!! I DO DONT PLAY, celestials ftw

Knowsbleed33
YES!!! I DO DONT PLAY, celestials ftw

You're not allowed to talk anymore.

stormultt
You're not allowed to talk anymore.

LOL i forgot the comma, so whatboxing

BUT THE CELESTIALS WIN SO YEA TAKE THAT SHIT!!

Knowsbleed33
What did I say?

stormultt
What did I say?

IDK YOU TELL ME!!i was to busy listening to thoughts of intelligence run through my mind big grin

Knowsbleed33
You must've been dreaming again.

stormultt
You must've been dreaming again.

last time i checked reality wasnt dreaming but of course what would i know? oh wait more than most people big grin

Knowsbleed33
If your eyes are closed you're dreaming.

Celestials win.

stormultt
If your eyes are closed you're dreaming.

Celestials win.

how can my eyes be closed wen im reading the shit ur typing? lol

Knowsbleed33
The universe is a wonderous place.

guy222
Indeed

stormultt
Oh this is just great>.>lol

nite all curlers XD

guy222
nite nite

Utrigita
Actually Galactus was shocked that Thanos destroyed a Celestial.

Ore impressed, for all we know the IG itself didn't Kill a Celestial and iirc we have never before seen a Celestial being killed on panel in main continuity, before the HOTU did it.

Naija boy
which one friend

scathan, tiamut, exitar, arishem or ziran?

truthfully id say he has a shot against any save scathan. depending on his hunger level

Knowsbleed33
Ore impressed, for all we know the IG itself didn't Kill a Celestial and iirc we have never before seen a Celestial being killed on panel in main continuity, before the HOTU did it.

You're absolutely correct.

guy222
Utrigita always makes good points happy

Eternal Idol
During the Black Celestial Arc, Galactus 'consumed' Tiamut

500,000 years later, Uatu couldn't watch and Big G knew fear

I think Galactus is more powerful than any one 616 Celestial.

Guy, you've mentioned this fear several times in the past, but if Galactus managed to siphon Tiamut's energy, than isn't that proof enough that he's the more powerful of the two?

guy222
It would be friend, but Gaiman's Eternals #6....Galactus knew fear when Tiamut awoke. IMO, Big G didn't want another confrontation with the greatest Celestial

Recently, he just put the Earth the sleep. Was goin to set back time and space nearly 14 billion years. That would've been awesome

Eternal Idol
I've always interpreted that fear as wariness rather than actual terror. You can beat the crap out of someone once and still be edgy upon discovering he's coming back for revenge. Just my take on it.

Originally posted by Galan007
none

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1141854_sw1.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1141855_sw2.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1141856_sw3.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1141857_sw4.jpg

none

The Beyonder was a douche. erm

guy222
Like ur opinion smile

Not a fan of the Beyonder

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I've always interpreted that fear as wariness rather than actual terror.

You got wariness out of fear?

It outright says Galactus remembered fear.

Utrigita
You got wariness out of fear?

It outright says Galactus remembered fear.

I personally have always found the statements concerning Tiamut strange when we look at the character it is directed towards and what they have experienced. Uatu for instance watched constantly and recorded everything when Thanos fought Against Eternity, Now imo that was far more severe then Tiamut awaken, Galactus has faced numerous cosmic threats, The IG, The HOTU, Beyonder (Secret Wars I & II) and in neither of these scenarios do I recall Galactus being afraid, and please don't tell me that people believe Tiamut to be above these guys/Items.

Knowsbleed33
That notwithstanding it would be impossible for Galactus to be more powerful than any one 616 Celestial. Exitar himself was stating as being more powerful than an entire host of Celestials.

Utrigita
That notwithstanding it would be impossible for Galactus to be more powerful than any one 616 Celestial. Exitar himself was stating as being more powerful than an entire host of Celestials.

Stated to be not shown to be.

Arishem purged a entire Planet of offensive life with a Fraction of his power, Exitar has done roughly the same.

But ofcause if we are going to work only on statements then Galactus has 3-4 times been stated as the most powerful physical being in the universe.

Knowsbleed33
Can you post these statements?

Utrigita
Two of them the third you will have to find yourself it was in Silver Surfer #4 annihilation something.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Importance/?action=view&current=FantasticFourAnnual23-53.jpg

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Statements%20of%20power/?action=view&current=Thorv1134.jpg

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Statements%20of%20power/?action=view&current=FFv174.jpg

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Statements%20of%20power/?action=view&current=SecretWars10_13.jpg

Going to look after the statement from Thanos concerning the Cosmic Cubes but I recall him saying something about them being the most powerful items in the universe and one of these are but a fraction of Galactus power.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Statements%20of%20power/?action=view&current=FFWGCM1007.jpg

Knowsbleed33
Well, none of those scans actually say anything about him being the most powerful being in the universe.

IIRC about the first scan, in that same story Kubik mentions that a Celestials power far exceeds his own.

Utrigita
As said that one can be found in Silver Surfer 4# Annihilation.

The most supremely destructive figure?

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Statements%20of%20power/?action=view&current=SecretWars10_13.jpg

The Celestials have already been mentioned Galactus is the last to be menioned beside from Eternity, and judging from the way that Kubik and Kosmos grow they get to the next powerlevel with each advancement.

Knowsbleed33
Indeed, I recall the mention in Annihilation. But, as you say, it mentions he's the most supremely destructive figure, which I agree he is.

But while Galactus is an avatar of destruction. The Celestials both create and destroy.

stormultt
Indeed, I recall the mention in Annihilation. But, as you say, it mentions he's the most supremely destructive figure, which I agree he is.

But while Galactus is an avatar of destruction. The Celestials both create and destroy.

SO VERY TRUE!!...!!!!!hm!pray

Utrigita

That should place him fairly above any single Celestial then IF we go by statements alone.

And what relevance does the create part have in a combat Orientated situation? Galactus can Create as well if that is to be the case, I just fail to see what difference it will make.

guy222
wavey

Tenebrous

IIRC about the first scan, in that same story Kubik mentions that a Celestials power far exceeds his own.

Kubik also tells Kosmos about the "Great Powers" which include Death, Eternity, LT, etc. The Celestials were mentioned earlier as UT said....Kubik didn't include them in the "Great Powers" discussion...each member of the "Great Powers" are big-time cosmics...Galactus is included in that same group, Celestials weren't...just saying.

The statement in Annihilation says

"The universe's most powerful creature"

it's in the intro to Annihilation: SS #2 and #4.

And it's not entirely complete to just say "Galactus is an avatar of destruction"

Rather Galactus is an avatar of cosmic continuity who operates, for lack of a better term, through destruction.

Celestials "both create and destroy" because they perform genetic manipulation over millennia, then exterminate if the development doesn't go as planned.

Galactus "destroys" to maintain the balance between Eternity and Death...his very existence allows the universe to continue living. His absence causes bad stuff (abraxas, universal inbalance, etc.)

So it's not so cut and dry as "avatar of destruction". That's abraxas...not big G.

guy222
I love these scans

http://e.imagehost.org/t/0610/e-06-015.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0962/e-06-019.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0357/e-06-020.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0258/e-06-021.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0565/e-06-034.jpg

Whoever u choose between Galactus and Celestials, they are both wonderous characters

skyfather
still team 1

Knowsbleed33
That should place him fairly above any single Celestial then IF we go by statements alone.

And what relevance does the create part have in a combat Orientated situation? Galactus can Create as well if that is to be the case, I just fail to see what difference it will make.

I still don't buy it. There isn't one speck of evidence that Galactus can take a Celestial at his normal, walking around levels.

The only evidence we have is that Galactus seems to regard Celestials highly and he doesn't want to deal with them.

I'm Bran
I still don't buy it. There isn't one speck of evidence that Galactus can take a Celestial at his normal, walking around levels.

The only evidence we have is that Galactus seems to regard Celestials highly and he doesn't want to deal with them. Is there a speck to say a Celestial can take Galactus?

Are you talking about the HOTU issue? Because Celestials are some of the most powerful beings in the universe... of course it'd surprise him.
And when was it that he didn't want to deal with them? Are you talking about the questionable writing of when Tiamut awoken?

Knowsbleed33
Why is it questionable?

I'm Bran
Why is it questionable? Because Galactus hasn't shown fear against the HOTU, IG, and then the IG again right after, Beyonder, Hulk, or other entities?

As well as one statement meaning nothing. Galactus has nothing to fear from him. It was just inserted to make him seem awesome.

Knowsbleed33
So it was all questionable because of that one statement?

I'm Bran
So it was all questionable because of that one statement? The statement was questionable. The writing relevant to Galactus is questionable.

Is what I said/meant if you couldn't figure it out.

Knowsbleed33
You said questionable writing, junior.

Using the Heart incident is a bad excuse since every super being in the MU were there and none of them were scared either. IG? The only cosmic/abstract who seemed to be scared of the glove was Eternity. In fact, I seem to remember 2 Celestials taking Thanos head on.

I'm Bran
You said questionable writing, junior.

Using the Heart incident is a bad excuse since every super being in the MU were there and none of them were scared either. IG? The only cosmic/abstract who seemed to be scared of the glove was Eternity. In fact, I seem to remember 2 Celestials taking Thanos head on. I already confirmed what I meant and said. Besides, if you can't figure this out:

"Are you talking about the questionable writing of when Tiamut awoken?"
Along with us talking about Galactus...

Then sweet anal Jesus, that's a fail.

First off, then if you're going to debate it, then you honestly believe Galactus should be afraid of Tiamut?

Second.
It an example of no fear against the most powerful being.
So, we don't take into account him not being afraid of the IG, because no one else was besides Eternity? That's terrible logic, considering we're not talking about any other high level beings and what they're afraid of.

What's the point of bringing that up? We're talking about Galactus being afraid, not Celestials.

Utrigita

The only evidence we have is that Galactus seems to regard Celestials highly and he doesn't want to deal with them.

And is there any evidence pointing towards the contrary, I mean two Celestials have struggled with Ego and was about to get killed until Blink blew Ego up, but I'm not sure that was main continuity though.

And you get that from where? From all we know it's more likely the other way around that the Celestials doesn't want to mess with Galactus think about how many planets Galactus have destroyed it is near to damm impossible that the Celestials haven't been involved in the evolution in some of them, and yet they haven't done anything and judging from the way they observe and analyse the planets I think it's fair to say that they isn't exactly happy when a project of theirs gets eradicated.

guy222
Earth-616, Celestials attacked Ego. Wasn't clear if they were helping or destroying Ego

Anyhoo, Celestials FTW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.