th death star hyper beam can go through a lightsaber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pgdarth95
if it was like a blaster(the deathstar beam)would it be able to be deflected by a lightsaber blade

Tangible God
Considering the fact that the Death Star's Superlaser (not hyperbeam) is thousands of times the size of man, it'd probably just incinerate the handle.

pgdarth95
if it was the size of a BLASTER BEAM

Lord Knightfa11
mmmmmmmmmm then it would just be regular blasterfire.

Tangible God
Yeah, don't really know what you're getting at.

Lord Knightfa11
had a thought

You know those lazers that the clones use in aotc that seem to be a continuous beam of light instead of typical blasterfire? can a lightsaber block that?

pgdarth95
ya i think so

pgdarth95
back to my question would the power of the superlaser concentrated into a 1'x3' bolt of fire would be enough to probubly break the light saber
serious question

Lord Knightfa11
not sure, because there are no real physics to any of the star wars weapons. If they were just two beams of light, like they are supposed to be, they would just go right through each other. Light doesnt reflect off of light. So there is really no way to find out.

pgdarth95
oh............s*it well thats the end of th thred ppls cya

Tangible God
Lightsabers are more than just light, they're concentrated energy. The name just sounds neat.

And to your question, that's an incredibly vast amount of energy compacted there, the superlaser alone is already unbelievably powerful. I suppose so, Luke didn't seem to have much trouble deflecting the blasts from the speeder bikes, and I'm pretty sure they're stronger than normal blasters.

I'd say so, but whatever it hit afterwards would explode taking the planet with it.

Captain REX
Luke has been seen deflecting the cannonfire of AT-AT cannons in Dark Empire, and I believe those are significantly more powerful than most things in the Star Wars arsenal.

But if we're going to say that the Death Star beam has been compacted to the size of an AT-AT blast, then yeah, that amount of energy might shut off the lightsaber due to the strain.

Dark-Jaxx
A better question would be is there any Jedi who would be able to deflect it? Cause that much force compacted into that small of a laser, well once it hit the blade would prolly tear the wielder's arms off.

Lord Knightfa11
well light imparts no kinetic energy upon impact.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
well light imparts no kinetic energy upon impact. That is light. The Death Star laser has enough kinetic energy to shatter a planet. Yeah, I would say there is kinetic energy there.

Captain REX
Light and Star Wars blasters are not the same thing, after all.

Lord Knightfa11
of course when ever i say its not light, its plasma, i get laughed outa the room lmao

Captain REX
Well, that is because it is not plasma. It is a form of energy.

Lord Knightfa11
omg!! the sw blasters shoot carbohydrates!

Jack Daniels
bad fer diabetics...lol....

Lord Knightfa11
lmao

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.