Adamantium Sabretooth & Cyber vs Classic Thor/no Hammer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
No Beasts. Who wins?

Sabretooth- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabretooth_%28comics%29

&

Cyber- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_%28comics%29

jinzin
Team one in a pretty terrible stomp.

llagrok
Nah.

Lightning, dead.

If it can kill someone who the Surfer can't knock out, it should take care of Sabretooth and Cyber.

golem370
No lighting.

OneDumbG0
No lightning? How about Durok buster shot:
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page0216vx.jpg
http://img198.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page0228ms.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page0236au.jpg

And if not that, how about an old-fashioned barehanded butt-whoopin:
http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorbeatdown1bw.jpg

And jinzin... this isn't mortal Thor. This is just classic Thor without Mjolnir. Not that mortal Thor was any pushover either, mind you. But even without Mjolnir, Thor is on another level entirely.

Thor 9/10.

golem370
I saying he can't use in there is what I meant.

jinzin
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
No lightning? How about Durok buster shot:
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page0216vx.jpg
http://img198.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page0228ms.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page0236au.jpg

And if not that, how about an old-fashioned barehanded butt-whoopin:
http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorbeatdown1bw.jpg

And jinzin... this isn't mortal Thor. This is just classic Thor without Mjolnir. Not that mortal Thor was any pushover either, mind you. But even without Mjolnir, Thor is on another level entirely.

Thor 9/10.

Oh please, how are Loki and Fenris even remotely comparable to these guys when Cap was giving them trouble in the same arc/timeframe?

Thor's durability isn't enough to stand up to their claws, Cyber's poison's a complete uphill battle, and Sabretooth's faster and more agile than Thor in h2h.

A guy who's bewildered by the speed of the mongoose is gonna have a hard enough time w Sabes alone nevermind a double team. no expression

OneDumbG0
Your love of Wolverine-related characters is awe-inspiring. It doesn't even stop at Wolverine. Anything Wolverine-related and you believe they can take on classic Thor. Wow. Just wow.

You believe adamantium Sabretooth + Cyber is a greater threat than Loki and Fenris with Mjolnir imitations? You think a guy who can take shots from and trade punches with Thanos and Surfer will get stomped by two Wolverine knockoffs? I think the internet just broke.

fangirl101
thor would still win. He can still just punch cyber's face into paste. it's not adamantium. He can still over whemp sabertooth. wonder man did it to wolverine with just fist. Thor should be able to do that and more. or just punch sabertooth into orbit.

llagrok
Originally posted by jinzin
Oh please, how are Loki and Fenris even remotely comparable to these guys when Cap was giving them trouble in the same arc/timeframe?

Thor's durability isn't enough to stand up to their claws, Cyber's poison's a complete uphill battle, and Sabretooth's faster and more agile than Thor in h2h.

A guy who's bewildered by the speed of the mongoose is gonna have a hard enough time w Sabes alone nevermind a double team. no expression

lmao at Cap giving them trouble, Cap was nowhere near actually dealing any damage to Loki or Fenris. They annoyed Fenris and Iron Man was giving him trouble.

Still doesn't explain how the hell Sabretooth or Cyber are going to survive a blast like that from Thor.

He used it against Hercules as well.

OneDumbG0
^ Golem370 is barring use of the Durok-busting shot I think.

jinzin
Originally posted by fangirl101
thor would still win. He can still just punch cyber's face into paste. it's not adamantium. He can still over whemp sabertooth. wonder man did it to wolverine with just fist. Thor should be able to do that and more. or just punch sabertooth into orbit.

Wonder Man did it to Wolverine with a sneak attack from behind... Gee I only wonder why that would have next to no relevance on KMC... hmmm

Not to mention the fact that in spite of his sneak attack, he failed to KO Wolverine with mulitudes of shots, and all this was before he got an uberized healing factor.. so yeah... not a credible example... at all.

jinzin
Your love of Wolverine-related characters is awe-inspiring. It doesn't even stop at Wolverine. Anything Wolverine-related and you believe they can take on classic Thor. Wow. Just wow.

You believe adamantium Sabretooth + Cyber is a greater threat than Loki and Fenris with Mjolnir imitations? You think a guy who can take shots from and trade punches with Thanos and Surfer will get stomped by two Wolverine knockoffs? I think the internet just broke.

I said nothing that wasn't a straight up FACT.

Thor can trade punches with super powerful characters because his durability is like a lot of the durability of various bricks. He can stand up to blunt force, blades and evisceration? Yeah not so much.

And that's been proving on more than a few occassions.

Thor's not super fast, his durability counts for shit against adamantium claws, and he's not a better fighter. The ONLY advantage he brings to the table is brute strength.. that's it. And that's not enough. Not when one guy has a HF better than Logans and the other has an Adamantium epidermis.

jinzin
Originally posted by llagrok
lmao at Cap giving them trouble, Cap was nowhere near actually dealing any damage to Loki or Fenris. They annoyed Fenris and Iron Man was giving him trouble.

Still doesn't explain how the hell Sabretooth or Cyber are going to survive a blast like that from Thor.

He used it against Hercules as well.

I'm assuming Thor doesn't get his powers as Golem pointed out.

And I didn't say damaged, I said gave trouble.

OneDumbG0
Jinzin. You've won some hard-earned respect for Wolverine with your hard work, enthusiasm and sheer will. Don't throw away your credibility by arguing that Sabretooth and Cyber beat classic Thor. Seriously. There are other battles to be won. Just not this one. no

jinzin
I'm not letting your sheer bias disuade me from arguing this point.

If Thor was faster than these two, I'd give him the win. But in terms of speed Ghost Rider, Captain America, Wrecker, Mongoose, Spider-Man, Spider-bot, Namor, Thing, and handfuls of others well below or at Sabretooth and Cyber's level of speed have given Thor full fledged fights because he ISN'T faster than these two.

If Thor was a better fighter I could see giving him the win, but while Thor's certainly a good fighter, he doesn't have the flawless use of skill and finesse that someone like Cap has shown and proven to have.

If Thor's durability was enough to stand up to evisceration, I'd give him the win, but the mans' been stabbed quite a bit, shot in the head to a KO, and was barely bullet proof against automatic gunfire.

He doesn't have the durability to get the living crap stabbed/cut out of him. He's not uneffected by bloodloss. He doesn't have an immunity to Cyber's hallucinagenic poisons. He doesn't have the flawless fighting ability to keep from being hit. He isn't fast enough to no sell both of these guys nevermind at once. And, in spite of his strength, he lacks the ability to one, two or even three shot either one of these two in a fight.

The ONLY reason anyone says Thor wins is because he's Thor and (with his powers) he fights guys at herald level etc. There's no reason or rationale behind that kind of argument when he's been reduced to melee here. Ooooh he did good in one fight against Fenris and Loki, well then I guess it's okay for me to say an Adamantium-less Sabretooth is more than a match for a user of the Starbrand.
You want to say that I have some love for Wolverine that's effecting my ability to argue here? Puh-lease! For the last several months you've shown nothing but contempt for the character. Project much?

fangirl101
Thor has traded blows with Hulk using just his durability and strength. these two guys would be a cake walk for the hulk.

jinzin
What about the point of durability are you not understanding? Or perhaps ignoring...
Thor's durability is good for blasts, blunt force, punches etc...
For swords? No.
Knives? nope.
Bullets? Not so much.

Thor can't deal with being sliced and diced.

They'd hardly be a cakewalk. Wolverine is certainly no cakewalk for Hulk and his durability is nowhere near that of Cybers, or Sabretooth's for that matter, Creed's HF is even better. Hulk would win, but that's because he's got a helaing factor like liquid metal.

OneDumbG0
Thor's been stabbed by swords and knives?

Hyperion Prime
Thor without his hammer and not using his lighting should still wreck Sabertooth and Cyber like a 1972 Ford Pinto.

Sabertooth is not as fast as Mongoose....Mongoose is a speedster...hence the Mongoose in his blood. Thor could grab Sabertooth and throw him to Hoboken.

Cyber would be a litlle more difficult. Just a little.

I have never seen Thor bleed by being stabbed or cut.

fangirl101
What about the point of durability are you not understanding? Or perhaps ignoring...
Thor's durability is good for blasts, blunt force, punches etc...
For swords? No.
Knives? nope.
Bullets? Not so much.

Thor can't deal with being sliced and diced.

They'd hardly be a cakewalk. Wolverine is certainly no cakewalk for Hulk and his durability is nowhere near that of Cybers, or Sabretooth's for that matter, Creed's HF is even better. Hulk would win, but that's because he's got a helaing factor like liquid metal.

Thor can pull cyber's face off. He's strong enough to simply pin sabertooths arms to the side and fling him into the sun.

OneDumbG0
Jinzin, "... how are Loki and Fenris even remotely comparable to these guys..."

Just. Priceless.

jinzin
Thor's been stabbed by swords and knives?

Yes.. no expression

you really have to ask? What the f**k?

but I'm the one who doesn't know what he's talking about huh.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Thor without his hammer and not using his lighting should still wreck Sabertooth and Cyber like a 1972 Ford Pinto.

Sabertooth is not as fast as Mongoose....Mongoose is a speedster...hence the Mongoose in his blood. Thor could grab Sabertooth and throw him to Hoboken.

Cyber would be a litlle more difficult. Just a little.

I have never seen Thor bleed by being stabbed or cut.

"should" based on what?
Based on what?

Mongoose what oustped by Spiderman, so yes Sabretooth is also faster than Mongoose.. the only time Mongoose liked like a "speedster" was when he fought Thor, which was the whole damned point.

Then maybe you should read more Thor comics.

jinzin
Thor can pull cyber's face off. He's strong enough to simply pin sabertooths arms to the side and fling him into the sun.
Cause they'll simply be standing there letting him...

fangirl101
Cause they'll simply be standing there letting him...

As if it would matter. His strength is so superior to thiers, he could smack one and send them flying to asia while pinning the other down with no hopes of ever breaking his grip.

jinzin
Jinzin, "... how are Loki and Fenris even remotely comparable to these guys..."

Just. Priceless.

..."when Cap is giving them trouble in the same arc/timeframe"

Ignoring context just like you do when you argue everyone and their mom is going to shoot Logan in the brain.

jinzin
As if it would matter. His strength is so superior to thiers, he could smack one and send them flying to asia while pinning the other down with no hopes of ever breaking his grip.

I'll say this again... His strength is the ONLY thing that's superior to theirs.

How is being stronger more important than being faster in a fight, or more agile, or a better fighter for that matter?
Oh that's right, it doesn't.

No hopes of ever breaking his grip? LOL
Wolverine's cut Rune King Thor's arm to the point that he couldn't use it.
Sabretooth could easily rend his arm with claws, and he could only HOPE that Cyber didn't even scratch him because it he did... Thor=F8CKED

fangirl101
I'll say this again... His strength is the ONLY thing that's superior to theirs.

How is being stronger more important than being faster in a fight, or more agile, or a better fighter for that matter?
Oh that's right, it doesn't.

No hopes of ever breaking his grip? LOL
Wolverine's cut Rune King Thor's arm to the point that he couldn't use it.
Sabretooth could easily rend his arm with claws, and he could only HOPE that Cyber didn't even scratch him because it he did... Thor=F8CKED

Thor is far far stronger. And niether are better fighters than thor. that is a load of crock.

Hyperion Prime
Yes.. no expression

"should" based on what?
Based on what?

Mongoose what oustped by Spiderman, so yes Sabretooth is also faster than Mongoose.. the only time Mongoose liked like a "speedster" was when he fought Thor, which was the whole damned point.

Then maybe you should read more Thor comics.

First thing I have read almost every Thor comic book from 1980 till now. Should based on the fact that Thor as 1000 of years experience. Thor did not always have hammer for one thing.

Sabertooth is not faster than Mongoose by a longshot.

jinzin
Thor is far far stronger. And niether are better fighters than thor. that is a load of crock. Sabretooth is most definitely a better fighter. And if you're going to ignore that strength isn't everything in a fight, that or Thor's strength is nearly negligible in this fight I suppose you can't be helped. erm

jinzin
First thing I have read almost every Thor comic book from 1980 till now. Should based on the fact that Thor as 1000 of years experience. Thor did not always have hammer for one thing.

Sabertooth is not faster than Mongoose by a longshot.

1,000 years of experience doesn't make a better fighter. no expression

fangirl101
Sabretooth is most definitely a better fighter. And if you're going to ignore that strength isn't everything in a fight, that or Thor's strength is nearly negligible in this fight I suppose you can't be helped. erm
DID you just say that Sabertooth is a better fighter than THOR? Come now. Thor who it's been stated on panel could probably pull a win against Thanos? thanos who is one of the best and most well trained fighters in all of comics? Stop it right now. Thor has like millions of years fighting experience. He could fight like a retard and still be a better fighter than sabertooth. He's also reacted to faster people than sabertooth. And His strength negligible? What the ****? As he lobs a building on top of both of thier heads for a knock out.

Hyperion Prime
1,000 years of experience doesn't make a better fighter. no expression

We are talking about the same Thor who has fought Ulik with no hammer. Fought Zeus who when Thor fought Zeus made his hammer ineffective. The same Thor who has fought the Destroyer. confused The same Thor who fought with out the ability to heal and had all of his bones broken by Hela. The one who foaught Mephisto.....

jinzin
DID you just say that Sabertooth is a better fighter than THOR? Come now. Thor who it's been stated on panel could probably pull a win against Thanos? thanos who is one of the best and most well trained fighters in all of comics? Stop it right now. Thor has like millions of years fighting experience. He could fight like a retard and still be a better fighter than sabertooth. He's also reacted to faster people than sabertooth. And His strength negligible? What the ****? As he lobs a building on top of both of thier heads for a knock out.

Yes, yes I did... sorry but due to lack of speed and fighting ability guys who are inferior in strength like Namor, Thing, and Wrecker have taken it to Thor in h2h.
Cap had Thor spellbound with his fighting ability to the point that Thor actually lost the fight due to Steve's fighting ability and strategy.

Ogun has thousands of years fighting experience didn't help him with Wolverine. Same with Ba'al and Wolvie. Same with Thor and Cap. Herc and Logan. I can certainly keep going. Experience doesn't make a better fighter simple as.

He lobs a building on these guys in an arean setting/h2h fight? riiiight. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin
We are talking about the same Thor who has fought Ulik with no hammer. Fought Zeus who when Thor fought Zeus made his hammer ineffective. The same Thor who has fought the Destroyer. confused The same Thor who fought with out the ability to heal and had all of his bones broken by Hela. The one who foaught Mephisto.....

Ulik and Destroyer are not better fighters either. They're extremely powerful characters. But they're not about to take top tier fighters to class in fighting ABILITY AND SKILL. Same w/ Hela and Mephisto. You're confusing fighting ability for power.

lannfear
thor ftw....
eek!

OneDumbG0
When did Thor get stabbed by a sword or a knife?

Erik-Lensherr
What ... the .. f*ck ?

OneDumbG0
I dunno, man. Jinzin goin on a tirade and using Mongoose as an example that Sabes and Cyber have a chance. Despite the fact that Mongoose is one of the High Evolutionary's New Men and is so fast, he can run up the side of a building, managed to gas Spiderman, who sensed it with his spidey-sense, but couldn't dodge it because Mongoose was too fast, strong enough to knock out a building's support columns (class 10 tons), etc.

Even without Mjolnir, he believes this to the bottom of his heart, despite Thor being bulletproof to fighter jet bullets, strong enough to gouge out a hammer out of solid uru rock with his fingers, good enough to take out both Loki and Fenris and has stated constantly that he holds back against mortal opponents for fear of harming them (which wouldn't apply here on KMC, since they fight to the best of their ability and don't hold back).

He actually thinks that the team stomps Thor. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thor 9/10.

llagrok
People are ignoring the time when beat the shit out Korg's people, who are apparently all walking class 100s. The time when he had every tendon in his body torn and still suffered through!

When did Thor get stabbed by a sword or a knife?

Crusader I'm afraid. Really, really low showing for him, but it happened.

OneDumbG0
People are ignoring the time when beat the shit out Korg's people, who are apparently all walking class 100s. The time when he had every tendon in his body torn and still suffered through!

Crusader I'm afraid. Really, really low showing for him, but it happened. How is the Crusader fight a low showing? Crusader was magically empowered by all of his Crusading ancestors. Database puts him at least at class 25. His armor, shield and sword were magically powered too. His power was based on his faith. And when it was at it's peak, he was defending against full-blown Mjolnir shots.

How does a mystical sword backed by at least class 25 strength equate to simply getting stabbed by a sword or knife?

~The Wickerman~
Does anybody have any scans or somesuch of Thor being hurt by slashing/piercing weapons that were not magical/mystical in nature?

carver9
Jinzin is like really owning you all and his points make sense. You cant argue the fact that sabertooth cant hang with bricks (which thor would be in this fight) because sabes alone has taken on sasquash who is a 100 tonner along with other bricks and did pretty good. Hell spiderman ran circles around thor and thor admitted that spiderman was too fast for him so basically I can see the same thing happening in this battle.

Yes thor would still be a powerful character but he is fighting two beings that has the powerset to withstand powerful blows and just bounce back up. We have already witnessed one of the most powerful versions of thor get slash by wolverine and this was a thor that possessed his powers and youre still in disbelief that sabes or cyber isnt able to cut him. This would be a very over whelming fight for thor. Not only would he be going h2h with one superior fight WITH claws that he would basically have to avoid but he would have to worry about another character sneaking up on him stabbing him in the head.

And people bring up the hulk fight, when it comes to dodging swerving, and basically running around your opponent, wolverine has a much better showing against hulk then thor does. There has been times where hulk has struggled to hit wolverine but lands almost every blow on thor because again thor wasnt as fast or maneuverable as wolverine. The thing that would make thor lose this battle tremendously is due to the fact that his durablity isnt strong enough to handle adamantium claws, he has two people on the field that is faster, more agile, better fighters, and could basically take his best shot and jump right back up. If cyber get one slash (which he would get), the fight is done.

OneDumbG0
laughing

jinzin
I dunno, man. Jinzin goin on a tirade and using Mongoose as an example that Sabes and Cyber have a chance. Despite the fact that Mongoose is one of the High Evolutionary's New Men and is so fast, he can run up the side of a building, managed to gas Spiderman, who sensed it with his spidey-sense, but couldn't dodge it because Mongoose was too fast, strong enough to knock out a building's support columns (class 10 tons), etc.

Even without Mjolnir, he believes this to the bottom of his heart, despite Thor being bulletproof to fighter jet bullets, strong enough to gouge out a hammer out of solid uru rock with his fingers, good enough to take out both Loki and Fenris and has stated constantly that he holds back against mortal opponents for fear of harming them (which wouldn't apply here on KMC, since they fight to the best of their ability and don't hold back).

He actually thinks that the team stomps Thor. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thor 9/10.

You think gassing Spiderman is an example of super speed? Do I really need to point out that his Spider sense can pick up street levels who hit him and he fails to avoid them? Or the fact that Fisk has gassed him in about a half a dozen encounters? Or the number of times Goblins have gassed him with little to no effort whatsoever? The fact is that when it came down to mano'y'mano Spiderman was outpacing Mongoose like he was a chump. Not to mention the fact that Spiderman's used his speed to topple Thor off a rooftop, speedblitze Masterson Thor, and even Spiderbot got the better of Thor.

The argument isn't Mongoose>Thor and Sabretooth>Mongoose. Or even Spiderman>Thor and Sabretooth>Spiderman as I'm sure you'll misinterpret and misrepresent that as well. It's that Thor's not a fast enough opponent nor flawless enough to evade getting the shit eviscerated out of him before KOing both opponents in this fight. And the fact that Cyber's in this mix is a monumental key to the outcome of this fight as well since his hallucinegenic drugs would hinder Thor to the point of defeat with basically one scratch nevermind a full on gutting or whatnot.

Now we've seen that Thor's not completely bullet proof as a bullet as entered his head and dropped him completely.
When he was shown to be bullet proof, it was barely so, as he was still welting up from the shots.. but hey guess what.. Hulk don't welt up to anti tank rounds and Adamantium claws still rend through him in WWH just like Wolverine rent through Thor's arm when he had the Odin Power as Rune King.

Comparing bullets to Adamantium claws is about as ludicrous as comparing a swordsmen and a beast to two guys with experienced expert fighting ability in h2h.

Maybe in fantasy land Thor's some infalible being who wins simply by being Thor, but in 616 (the only fictional place that matters) he's been beaten by lesser than the likes of an Adamantiumized super duo like these two.

And yes, (*sigh*) Thor's inhibitions from CIS still apply here on KMC hence the CIS portion of the rules...

Now.. Aside from any more "Nu-uh" arguments do you really have anything to defend this position you've taken?

jinzin
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Does anybody have any scans or somesuch of Thor being hurt by slashing/piercing weapons that were not magical/mystical in nature?
Aside from Wolverine rendering Rune Kings arm useless? confused
I suppose that sniper round was magical too? erm

OneDumbG0
You think gassing Spiderman is an example of super speed? Do I really need to point out that his Spider sense can pick up street levels who hit him and he fails to avoid them?Yes. It is an example of superspeed/agility. Especially when Spiderman says that it was because Mongoose "moved too fast," which allowed him to gas Spidey: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5470131 Do you forget that Mongoose can run vertically up the side of a building? Are we really questioning Mongoose's superspeed?
Now we've seen that Thor's not completely bullet proof as a bullet as entered his head and dropped him completely.
When he was shown to be bullet proof, it was barely so, as he was still welting up from the shots.. but hey guess what.. Hulk don't welt up to anti tank rounds and Adamantium claws still rend through him in WWH just like Wolverine rent through Thor's arm when he had the Odin Power as Rune King.When exactly did Thor get knocked out by a bullet to the head? Do you mean when he was sniped by a special bullet in a Black Panther story as confirmed by the writer? And mentioning that such powerful bullets from these fighter jets are no more troublesome than causing mere welts? He just made a comment that it'd do no more than put welts on Asgardian skin. I don't see his skin welting up here:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/thor48003we0.jpg
And yes, (*sigh*) Thor's inhibitions from CIS still apply here on KMC hence the CIS portion of the rules..."It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise." Per forum rules you assume they fight at their best. Thor's best is not holding back. Holding back against mortals is not CIS. "CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates." He isn't stupid or genuinely dumb when he holds back. He does it purposefully to not endanger lives. That wouldn't apply here. If you still don't agree, then we can agree to disagree OR ask the thread starter if he meant for Thor to hold back against these two opponents.
I suppose that sniper round was magical too? erm Umm. Not canon? Therefore, not valid for citing in a vs. thread? What else do you have?

carver9
Yes. It is an example of superspeed/agility. Especially when Spiderman says that it was because Mongoose "moved too fast," which allowed him to gas Spidey: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5470131 Do you forget that Mongoose can run vertically up the side of a building? Are we really questioning Mongoose's superspeed?
When exactly did Thor get knocked out by a bullet to the head? Do you mean when he was sniped by a special bullet in a Black Panther story as confirmed by the writer? And mentioning that such powerful bullets from these fighter jets are no more troublesome than causing mere welts? He just made a comment that it'd do no more than put welts on Asgardian skin. I don't see his skin welting up here:
"It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise." Per forum rules you assume they fight at their best. Thor's best is not holding back. Holding back against mortals is not CIS. "CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates." He isn't stupid or genuinely dumb when he holds back. He does it purposefully to not endanger lives. That wouldn't apply here. If you still don't agree, then we can agree to disagree OR ask the thread starter if he meant for Thor to hold back against these two opponents.
Umm. Not canon? Therefore, not valid for citing in a vs. thread? What else do you have?

adamantium claws>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>bullets.

carver9
laughing

The truth was funny huh.

Sabertooth and cyber 9/10

OneDumbG0
hysterical

Silent Master
I suppose that sniper round was magical too? erm

1) Wolverine never fought RKT, that was regular king Thor
2) Nowhere did it say that he rendered Thor's arm useless
3) It was confirmed by the writer to have been special gun.

http://www.comicboards.com/blackpanther/view.php?rpl=010924160126&q=bakg

carver9
hysterical

Answer this for me onedumbgo, do you think that THING would give thor a fight without his hammer. If this was THING instead of these two, do you think that thing would get some wins over thor and do a good job.

llagrok
How is the Crusader fight a low showing? Crusader was magically empowered by all of his Crusading ancestors. Database puts him at least at class 25. His armor, shield and sword were magically powered too. His power was based on his faith. And when it was at it's peak, he was defending against full-blown Mjolnir shots.

How does a mystical sword backed by at least class 25 strength equate to simply getting stabbed by a sword or knife?

It doesn't, when did I EVER claim that it did?

Read the ****ing posts.

OneDumbG0
^ I asked when Thor was stabbed by a sword or knife. Crusader's mystical sword hardly fits that bill. It's like asking if Wolverine's ever been nearly killed by a sword or knife and someone brings up the Muramasa sword. Swearing not necessary. Although you do equate that to a low showing. Still don't know why. When his faith was in full-force, he was able to block Mjolnir shots. It's similar to Gladiator's power fluctuations and his confidence.
Originally posted by carver9
Answer this for me onedumbgo, do you think that THING would give thor a fight without his hammer. If this was THING instead of these two, do you think that thing would get some wins over thor and do a good job. I'd think Thing would show a lot of heart and it'd take an inordinate amount of pummeling to do the job, but I'd pick Thor at least 8/10 against Thing with all the current stipulations involved that inhibit Thor.

golem370
Thor might win but these guys do have good fighting skills adamantium weapons and pretty good healing factors. Sabretooth with his upgrades lifts betten 20 and 30 tons Cyber lifts 10.

jinzin
Yes. It is an example of superspeed/agility. Especially when Spiderman says that it was because Mongoose "moved too fast," which allowed him to gas Spidey: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5470131 Do you forget that Mongoose can run vertically up the side of a building? Are we really questioning Mongoose's superspeed?
When he's bumbling around unable to land one blow on Spidey, you bet your ass we are certainly going to call his speed into question.

So what if he gassed Spiderman too fast. Once again, so has Fisk. Fisk isn't quicksilver.. and niether is mongoose.

When exactly did Thor get knocked out by a bullet to the head? Do you mean when he was sniped by a special bullet in a Black Panther story as confirmed by the writer? And mentioning that such powerful bullets from these fighter jets are no more troublesome than causing mere welts? He just made a comment that it'd do no more than put welts on Asgardian skin. I don't see his skin welting up here:
The bullet to the head was only INTENDED to be specialized. However it was never explored. Sabretooth was INTENDED to be Wolverine's father. That doesn't hold as much weight as the reality of the situation. So when Thor says he's being caused welts upon his body there's no merit behind the statement?

I guess he doesn't hold back on mortal opponents then.

Implying that he was lying is the epitome of grasping.
And yeah I'm sure with the panels either a close up of his head or a full body shot from afar our inability to see those welts means more than his statement. roll eyes (sarcastic)

"It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise." Per forum rules you assume they fight at their best. Thor's best is not holding back. Holding back against mortals is not CIS. "CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates." Spiderman's holding back isn't exempt from debates but Thor's is huh? CIS is a means to a personality. We're not going to assume that Rhino's any less fooled in a fight, why assume Thor's anymore ruthless. We don't think Thor's in Warrior Madness for every thread. There's a reason for that.

He isn't stupid or genuinely dumb when he holds back. He does it purposefully to not endanger lives. That wouldn't apply here. If you still don't agree, then we can agree to disagree OR ask the thread starter if he meant for Thor to hold back against these two opponents.
Umm. Not canon? Therefore, not valid for citing in a vs. thread? What else do you have?

laughing out loud

So the only real evidence of whether Thor can handle Adamantium one way or the other is simply going to be ignored by you?
pfft.. not surprising in the least.

jinzin
^ I asked when Thor was stabbed by a sword or knife. Crusader's mystical sword hardly fits that bill. It's like asking if Wolverine's ever been nearly killed by a sword or knife and someone brings up the Muramasa sword. Swearing not necessary. Although you do equate that to a low showing. Still don't know why. When his faith was in full-force, he was able to block Mjolnir shots.

So like saying "bullets> Wolverine" for instance?

And his shield only blocked a few Mjolnir shots before getting dinged up.

I'd think Thing would show a lot of heart and it'd take an inordinate amount of pummeling to do the job, but I'd pick Thor at least 8/10 against Thing with all the current stipulations involved that inhibit Thor. laughing out loud

the classic "thing has heart" argument... never fails.

ultimatethor
Thor wins this hands down. sure he does have some low feats in which he was weak to sharp objects but why discard his other feats which prove the direct opposite? Wolverine cutting RKT is non canon and it is laughable dat it is evn being used. Since when did non canon events become evidence in a comic debate? Thor is still far far stronger than both of these guys and he can resist whatever they throw at him. He wins 9/10 via moon throw

jinzin
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Thor wins this hands down. sure he does have some low feats in which he was weak to sharp objects but why discard his other feats which prove the direct opposite? Wolverine cutting RKT is non canon and it is laughable dat it is evn being used. Since when did non canon events become evidence in a comic debate? Thor is still far far stronger than both of these guys and he can resist whatever they throw at him. He wins 9/10 via moon throw Tell which part aside from it being outside of 616 makes it completely useless as a tool for this debate?

The hell with it, I'll just claim that Adamantium can rend through Thor like he's made out of wet paper with absolutely no evidence to support it. I mean why not? eek!

At any rate Admantium claws can cut Thor, they cut beings stronger than Thor.
Bone claw Wolverine has beaten Herc.
And Herc has been scared shitless of his Adamantium claws. To even imply that Thor can resist being diced by Adamantium blades is the only laughable thing here.

He can't resist whatever they throw at him, Sabretooth nicks an artery Thor's going down, if Cyber even touches Thor with his claws.. just one scratch, the fight's over. Thor doesn't have any room to make mistakes. Against two guys who won't compound damage anywhere near as easily, are better or as good of fighters, and faster.. That's not likely that Thor's fighting this fight immaculately.

ashroro
Jinzin, Wolverine cut King Thor's arm, not Rune King Thor. Just wanted to let you know. There is a BIG difference between the two. And recently, it was proven that Thor is bullet proof. But we are talking about classic Thor, so know doubt admantium can cut him and at the time his durability against bullets was in question.

llagrok
King Thor with a depowering amulet around his neck*

Or was that after he cut Thor?

jinzin
Originally posted by ashroro
Jinzin, Wolverine cut King Thor's arm, not Rune King Thor. Just wanted to let you know. There is a BIG difference between the two. And recently, it was proven that Thor is bullet proof. But we are talking about classic Thor, so know doubt admantium can cut him and at the time his durability against bullets was in question.

Yeah you're about the King Thor thing. Sorry about that.

Don't know why I keep saying Rune King...

jinzin
King Thor with a depowering amulet around his neck*

Or was that after he cut Thor?
The amulet went around his neck after he was cut.

llagrok
Not bad.

Wolverine has long claws compared to Cyber and Sabretooth though and we don't know how much it affected Thor. All we know is that he was still capable of killing Hulk and The Thing hand to hand.

jinzin
Not bad.

Wolverine has long claws compared to Cyber and Sabretooth though and we don't know how much it affected Thor. All we know is that he was still capable of killing Hulk and The Thing hand to hand.
True. but Sabretooth causes more numerous cuts with his claws. And Cyber, well his hallucinigens basically make his claws one shot fight enders.

Thor may have gone toe to toe with Hulk and Thing, but I think that once again falls into how different ranges of durability play out. He can take blun force trauma in stride. Getting cut up and bled out? Not so much.

llagrok
Apparently he can.

He lost a hand and later an arm, yet kept on fighting for many hours.

jinzin
Keep in mind that we're talking about King Thor who was much more powerful than Classic Thor.

Classic Thor has been put down by minimal bloodloss. And it's questionable as to what went on with King Thor's arm when he fought Hulk and Thing. Did he caurterize the wound? Or just wrap it up?

OneDumbG0
You're kidding me right? 'The Reigning' storyline isn't even canon you nimrod. When classic Thor can keep up with Balder, Heimdall, Silver Surfer, etc. and beat the holy loving hell out of Loki + Fenris w/ Mjolnir imitations, you're damn right I'm going to use simple logic to suggest that Thor wins this all day. Please! You're Wolverine-related fanboyism would even make 5'5" hairy Canadians blush.

Classic Thor 9/10.

OneDumbG0
True. but Sabretooth causes more numerous cuts with his claws. And Cyber, well his hallucinigens basically make his claws one shot fight enders.

Thor may have gone toe to toe with Hulk and Thing, but I think that once again falls into how different ranges of durability play out. He can take blun force trauma in stride. Getting cut up and bled out? Not so much. And show me a SINGLE fight where classic Thor was overwhelemed from being cut up! Please. I'd love to see this.

~The Wickerman~
You're kidding me right? 'The Reigning' storyline isn't even canon you nimrod. When classic Thor can keep up with Balder, Heimdall, Silver Surfer, etc. and beat the holy loving hell out of Loki + Fenris w/ Mjolnir imitations, you're damn right I'm going to use simple logic to suggest that Thor wins this all day. Please! You're Wolverine-related fanboyism would even make 5'5" hairy Canadians blush.

Classic Thor 9/10.

I'm not taking wolverine and cyber's side here, but in the fight with loki and fenris iirc he wasn't hit at all with the replicas, was he? It would be a relevant thing to bring up if he was hit by them repeatedly and didn't even care. Sabertooth (and most likely cyber) is a much better fighter in melee than either Loki or Fenris IMO so his (their) swings would more often than not hit Thor.

So the point of them not being able to hurt him based on him beating Loki and Fenris when they had Mjolnir replicas is moot, since they didn't actually hit him...

That is if I'm actually remembering it right which I most likely am not.

golem370
It's say that Thor skin muscle & bone is only 3 times denser then a normal human.

Metalmanx

Classic Thor 9/10.

Wolverine's only 5'3".

Just saying.

Marvelknight

laughing

jinzin

Classic Thor 9/10.

Nimrod?

You're the jackass with the reading comprehension problem who failed to realize that we already established that it's outside of canon. The thing is, it's the only evidence we have one way or the other if Adamantium blades can cut and or hurt Thor.

What's you're excuse I mean Thor's stronger so what? Wolverine's claws must have been sharper? Pfffftt please.

I really don't get why you keep bringing up battles in which Thor was using his hammer and powers aside from physicality to keep him in those fights. Or warrior madness.

And this hang up that you have on Loki and Fenris is ridiculous.. What the hell did Fenris do in that arc that was remotely impressive... Aside from getting handled by Captain America and then ran off by his "ruff"

Loki, the guy's a good swordsmen.. so what? What does that say about his hand to hand skill? An older sickly version of Cap took Loki to school 616 didn't fair much better. This has nothing to do with fanboyism.. For Thor to win this fight he has to beat two guys who are better faster fighters than himself, one who can take his punishment indefinitely, and one who can take it infinitely lest he gets a solid face shot. Both who can rend through his flesh, and one who can end the fight in one hit no matter if it's a deep cut, or a scratch. Thor's never shown that kind of flawless skill in his fights... EVER... no expression

jinzin
And show me a SINGLE fight where classic Thor was overwhelemed from being cut up! Please. I'd love to see this.

you mean aside from when he got downed by Crusader?

How about when King Thor got downed by one gut slash from Desak?

or a couple stabs?

Or dropped by a bullet to the head that didn't even penetrate all the way?

jinzin
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
I'm not taking wolverine and cyber's side here, but in the fight with loki and fenris iirc he wasn't hit at all with the replicas, was he? It would be a relevant thing to bring up if he was hit by them repeatedly and didn't even care. Sabertooth (and most likely cyber) is a much better fighter in melee than either Loki or Fenris IMO so his (their) swings would more often than not hit Thor.

So the point of them not being able to hurt him based on him beating Loki and Fenris when they had Mjolnir replicas is moot, since they didn't actually hit him...

That is if I'm actually remembering it right which I most likely am not.
Exactly.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by golem370
It's say that Thor skin muscle & bone is only 3 times denser then a normal human. I already posted scans of classic Thor taking bullets and taking aircraft artillery. His skin muscle and bone density has to be far past the durability of steel as aircraft fire from jets would easily puncture steel.
you mean aside from when he got downed by Crusader?

How about when King Thor got downed by one gut slash from Desak?

or a couple stabs?

Or dropped by a bullet to the head that didn't even penetrate all the way? Crusader was mystically empowered by all his Crusading ancestors. How many times are you going to ignore this? Guy was throwing around cars and was strong enough to block Mjolnir shots when his faith was at his highest. You'd like to keep ignoring the mystical nature of his powers but it makes you look ignorant or illiterate.

And you're honestly comparing Desak, a being who has slayed pantheons of gods across the universe AND absorbed their power and use that as justification that Thor would easily get flayed by Sabretooth and Cyber? You make baby Jesus cry with such idiotic attentuation. It's as analagous as suggesting that Wolverine could cut Superman because Wonder Woman cut Superman with her magical sword.

And how many times does it have to be pointed out that the writer admitted to his mistake in that Black Panther story after being slammed by fans and his editors AND the writer himself publishing a recantation of how that was illustrated?

As regards to Loki and Fenris, if you honestly think Sabretooth and Cyber pose more danger than them, I'll never convince you otherwise since you've apparently banished the idea of logic from your brain. Maybe Thor didn't get hit because he was just that damn good at fisticuffs when he has to be? Either way, you've got NOTHING to prove Sabretooth or Cyber could tear Thor apart except: 1) an invalid non-canon example from 'The Reigning;' 2) mystical weapon powered by faith; 3) skyfather-level beings slashing; or 4) a publicly recanted story.

Do you know what that amounts to? EPIC PHAIL.

Classic Thor 9/10.

Erik-Lensherr
Wolverine solos.

Thor has rarely shown combat speed on the level that Wolverine has, and considering his claws, healing factor and speed, Logan takes it.

OneDumbG0
laughing out loud

Starscream M
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Wolverine solos.

Thor has rarely shown combat speed on the level that Wolverine has, and considering his claws, healing factor and speed, Logan takes it. wolverine isn't in this thread

Erik-Lensherr
Damn.

Then I'm going to have to dig up a Wolverine vs Thor thread and post the same thing. shifty

jinzin
I already posted scans of classic Thor taking bullets and taking aircraft artillery. His skin muscle and bone density has to be far past the durability of steel as aircraft fire from jets would easily puncture steel.
He said the bullets would leave welts, They were obviously capible of causing some damage as opposed to Hulk who takes no damage and still gets the shit cut out of him by Wolverine.

Crusader was mystically empowered by all his Crusading ancestors. How many times are you going to ignore this? Guy was throwing around cars and was strong enough to block Mjolnir shots when his faith was at his highest. You'd like to keep ignoring the mystical nature of his powers but it makes you look ignorant or illiterate. I fail to see how his powers being mystical in nature somehow did anything more than increase the durability of his weapons or his strength. At no point was it ever explained away as majic being the one and only reason that Thor took damage so you're reaching to say that it was.

Not that I'm not speculating; but this is another character who used blades against Thor, in another situation in which they worked.

And you're honestly comparing Desak, a being who has slayed pantheons of gods across the universe AND absorbed their power and use that as justification that Thor would easily get flayed by Sabretooth and Cyber? You make baby Jesus cry with such idiotic attentuation. It's as analagous as suggesting that Wolverine could cut Superman because Wonder Woman cut Superman with her magical sword.
Read above.

And how many times does it have to be pointed out that the writer admitted to his mistake in that Black Panther story after being slammed by fans and his editors AND the writer himself publishing a recantation of how that was illustrated? There's no pubished retcon in canon material. Just an admittance to the lack of clarity.

As regards to Loki and Fenris, if you honestly think Sabretooth and Cyber pose more danger than them, I'll never convince you otherwise since you've apparently banished the idea of logic from your brain. Maybe Thor didn't get hit because he was just that damn good at fisticuffs when he has to be? Either way, you've got NOTHING to prove Sabretooth or Cyber could tear Thor apart except: 1) an invalid non-canon example from 'The Reigning;' 2) mystical weapon powered by faith; 3) skyfather-level beings slashing; or 4) a publicly recanted story.

Do you know what that amounts to? EPIC PHAIL.

Classic Thor 9/10.
Phail... Right.

You continuously reach to discredit Logan while arguing for some degree of Thor's durability that has never been established and is in fact contradicted by every piece of existing evidence to date.

The only thing that I'm failing at HER is getting through to someone who thinks Thor wins simply because he's Thor.

I think Wickerman pretty much completely covered why I don't hold the Loki/Fenris "feat" in high regards where it compares to Cyber and Sabretooth so you'll have to forgive me if I just ignore that nonsense. Of course when Fenris is being humiliated by Cap in the same fight, what can you expect? erm

AND......

You know we've only been scratching the tip of the iceberg right?

Bone Claw Wolverine has cut Hulk, Wendigo, Hercules and friggin THANOS!..... BONE CLAW no expression

Adamantiumized Wolverine has ripped up on dozens of bricks including WWH.

So when Hercules is afraid of Wolverine's claws.
When he gets dropped by a Bone Claw weilding Wolverine.
When Wolverine cuts up characters as durable as Thor.
More durable than thor.
And cut up a stronger version of Thor in an alternate reality that streamlined off of 616 anyways...

Why then does Thor get special treatment?

Cause.. He's Thor! That's why! The man beat up Fenris and Loki, and has never repeatedily had issues fighting Captain America in h2h even with his godly powers granted.
He can't be cut, scratched or hurt, and would never even be effected by Cybers poison..
He's Thor, and he's really really REALLY strong!

ORRRRRR........
"Thor has rarely shown combat speed on the level that Wolverine has, and considering his claws, healing factor and speed, Logan takes it"

Accept applied to Sabes and Cyber.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.