Odin and Thanos vs. Shazam and Takion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
How would this fight Go?

Blended wrealm of Asgard, and the Rock of Eternity.

skyfather
team 1

cloud102
Takion is the weak link.

fangirl101
Originally posted by cloud102
Takion is the weak link.

Do you know how powerful Takion is? More poweful than Thanos. Less powerful than Odin. That is why I put him on team two. To even it out. Takion Beat, Flash, Green lantern, and Captain Atom at the same time without trying. He even breifly stalemated the power of the Godwave. Take that back, he may be as powerful as Shazam or odin.

cloud102
Originally posted by fangirl101
Do you know how powerful Takion is? More poweful than Thanos. Less powerful than Odin. That is why I put him on team two. To even it out. Takion Beat, Flash, Green lantern, and Captain Atom at the same time without trying. He even breifly stalemated the power of the Godwave. Take that back, he may be as powerful as Shazam or odin.

Yeah, I know how powerful, BUT he was still learning the power. While Thanos has been in the game for quite some time.

TricksterPriest
Team 2. Unlike Asgard&Odin, the rock boosts Shazam's power 100x.

And Takion would destroy Thanos.

Batman-Prime
Team 2

but only because of the "weak" Thanos

cloud102
Takion is in Surfer's league. Serioulsy.

skyfather
thanos could easily hold off takion whilst odin disposes of shazam with relative ease.then 2 on 1

TricksterPriest
Takion is in Surfer's league. Serioulsy.

No, he's quite abit above it.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t443774.html

cloud102
Surfer has done a lot of those feats, too.

TricksterPriest
Surfer has done a lot of those feats, too.

............What the f**k? Read the thread again. roll eyes (sarcastic)

cloud102
What thread?

TricksterPriest
Respect thread.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t443774.html

King Kandy
Just read it. I saw very few feats that Surfer could not duplicate (though I admit he does seem to be on a higher level then SS) but nothing that makes me think he is above Thanos.

quanchi112
Do you know how powerful Takion is? More poweful than Thanos. Less powerful than Odin. That is why I put him on team two. To even it out. Takion Beat, Flash, Green lantern, and Captain Atom at the same time without trying. He even breifly stalemated the power of the Godwave. Take that back, he may be as powerful as Shazam or odin. He is nowhere near as powerful as Thanos.

He has no feats to suggest otherwise as well.

He didnt stalemate the power of the godwave he died. Your taking it out of context as always.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Team 2. Unlike Asgard&Odin, the rock boosts Shazam's power 100x.

And Takion would destroy Thanos. Odin is more powerful on Asgard. Shazam will ge amped though nicely here. Its two on one though quickly. Odin and Thanos tear him apart.

fangirl101
Originally posted by King Kandy
Just read it. I saw very few feats that Surfer could not duplicate (though I admit he does seem to be on a higher level then SS) but nothing that makes me think he is above Thanos.

Thanos could never beat Captain Atom, Flash, and A GL at the same time. Not like the 2nd best one ever.

quanchi112
Thanos could never beat Captain Atom, Flash, and A GL at the same time. Not like the 2nd best one ever. Thanos could. His feats with the Maker and power gem Thor make this feat look like childs play.

fangirl101
Originally posted by quanchi112 Thanos could._ His feats with the Maker and power gem Thor make this feat look like childs play. Please. Just please. The maker was psychotic and had no feats in that human shell form. power gem thor was beaten with a force shield and a gun. not thanos. Thanos simply just got whipped and_ lasted long because he's durable. he wasn't beating thor. at all. which is why he called upon one of his tech shields.

Erik-Lensherr
Team 2 in a horrific stomp.

quanchi112
Please. Just please. The maker was psychotic and had no feats in that human shell form. power gem thor was beaten with a force shield and a gun. not thanos. Thanos simply just got whipped and_ lasted long because he's durable. he wasn't beating thor. at all. which is why he called upon one of his tech shields. The maker had an impressive feat and another one was alluded to if she felt like doing it. She had infinite power and Thanos easily defeated her and blocked her blasts. Who fired the gun? Who made the gun? Who later applied this tech to his own person later in this story?

So if Iron Man beats someone do we credit Tony Stark or just the suit?
laughing out loud

Thanos only had a bloody nose and was doing this for fun. He batled a Thor who had no limits because of the power gem. This same Thor beat the crap out of the Surfer,Strange,and the Infinity Watch at once. Yet Thanos took him on for fun and ended it when HE WANTED TO.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Team 2 in a horrific stomp. Takion lacks feats.

Team 1 all day.

lannfear
thanos and odin together?....team 1 ftw ....
eek!

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by quanchi112
Takion lacks feats.

Team 1 all day.

Are you blind? What the f**k? Did you not see the respect thread link I posted on the last page? He's got plenty of feats, and Thanos can't do more than half of them. roll eyes (sarcastic)

fangirl101
Takion lacks feats.

Team 1 all day.

Then where did his respect thread come from?

zeel
Originally posted by skyfather
thanos could easily hold off takion whilst odin disposes of shazam with relative ease.then 2 on 1

Hmm well Odin may or may not dispose of shazam, in his home territory i dunno bout that but weather he does or not.

It wont be easy.

fangirl101
Originally posted by skyfather

Thanos can EASILY hold off Takion while Odin disposes of Shazam with relative Ease? The Same Shazam that put up a fight against the DOV spectre who was going around weakening magic as it was? Come now. Takion who can step between the second in time and scatter his atoms and see his enemies weaknesses can be held off Easily by Thanos? Come now.

iceman24567
Takion is in Surfer's league. Serioulsy. He is above the Surfer the respect thread proves this.

Utrigita
Based on Takion manipulating the God Wave ore what?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Utrigita
Based on Takion manipulating the God Wave ore what? Based on the battles i would say Surfer would go down against him.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Utrigita
Based on Takion manipulating the God Wave ore what? And handily beating insane lightray who could move more than 8 times faster than light, create suns, pierce barriers no one else could. He beat GL, FLASH and Captain Atom at the same time. let's see surfer do that. And of course, pushing back the Godwave. not only that, but saving the heroes lives by stepping in between the ticks of a second.

kevdude
Thanos can EASILY hold off Takion while Odin disposes of Shazam with relative Ease? The Same Shazam that put up a fight against the DOV spectre who was going around weakening magic as it was? Come now. Takion who can step between the second in time and scatter his atoms and see his enemies weaknesses can be held off Easily by Thanos? Come now.

thumb up true, IM even stated on panel that Takion was the only real threat since he has a special link to The Source/God. Team 2 takes it

Batman-Prime
Team 2

Thanos is the weak link

quanchi112
Are you blind? What the f**k? Did you not see the respect thread link I posted on the last page? He's got plenty of feats, and Thanos can't do more than half of them. roll eyes (sarcastic) I have his entire run he has nowhere near the feats that Thanos has imo. Thanos pwned beings with infinite energy,Thor(power gem),etc.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
thumb up true, IM even stated on panel that Takion was the only real threat since he has a special link to The Source/God. Team 2 takes it Iman was very powerful but he meant he was the only one to fear because he linked to the very same power source as the Iman. Iman was punked by Gog also and showed he was nowhere near as powerful as most readers previousy thought.

Lord Prime
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Team 2

Thanos is the weak link

thumb up thumb up Team 2 wins

Nihilist
shazam against dov spectre wasnt impressive imo

shazam faced dov spectre after having a shit loads of perp time plus the aid of loads of artifacts as well as being in his stronghold and still got stomped.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nihilist

shazam faced dov spectre after having a shit loads of perp time plus the aid of loads of artifacts as well as being in his stronghold and still got stomped. Cosigned.

fangirl101

shazam faced dov spectre after having a shit loads of perp time plus the aid of loads of artifacts as well as being in his stronghold and still got stomped.

It is the freaking spectre. You act as if getting stomped by the spectre is a low feat. Only a fool could think such a thing. the fact that shazam put up any kind of fight at all is a feat.

quanchi112
It is the freaking spectre. You act as if getting stomped by the spectre is a low feat. Only a fool could think such a thing. the fact that shazam put up any kind of fight at all is a feat. Eclipso with prep convinced the Spectre to destroy magic when he could do no such thing. The guy was an outright buffoon in this comic. Shazam failing with onesided prep to me isnt impressive at all in the least. All it proves is even his artifacts arent really that powerful against the Spectre.

fangirl101
Eclipso with prep convinced the Spectre to destroy magic when he could do no such thing. The guy was an outright buffoon in this comic. Shazam failing with onesided prep to me isnt impressive at all in the least. All it proves is even his artifacts arent really that powerful against the Spectre.

You dont' even know what you are arguing do you? The Spectre is the freaking Spectre. Your pathetic attempts to demean every freaking DC character gets on my nerves. Really. And Not just mine. You dont' even argue logically. Your calling a HOSTLESS Spectre a buffoon because he got tricked by a being as old as time and as cunning as lucifer. Just stop it. Right now.

quanchi112
You dont' even know what you are arguing do you? The Spectre is the freaking Spectre. Your pathetic attempts to demean every freaking DC character gets on my nerves. Really. And Not just mine. You dont' even argue logically. Your calling a HOSTLESS Spectre a buffoon because he got tricked by a being as old as time and as cunning as lucifer. Just stop it. Right now. Eclipso is a being not even wise enough to know he is a pawn of Darkseid. Eclipso is nowhere near as cunning as lucy. I cant believe you said this.

You think eclipso is as smart as lucy. Really?

Spectre didnt even know he couldnt destroy magic. I would say calling him a buffoon is putting it lightly.

fangirl101
Eclipso is a being not even wise enough to know he is a pawn of Darkseid. Eclipso is nowhere near as cunning as lucy. I cant believe you said this.

You think eclipso is as smart as lucy. Really?

Spectre didnt even know he couldnt destroy magic. I would say calling him a buffoon is putting it lightly.
I said cunning. Never said as smart. You can be crafty without being brilliant. I can't believe you can't read what I wrote.

Calling a hostless spectre a baffoon is stupid. That is the point of a hostless spectre. It is raw emotion with no tethering. which is why it needs a soul.

comicfan11
Team 2

King Kandy
Team one wins. Takion isn't even that far above SS who Thanos can one-shot. Same with Odin. Thanos has been upgraded and can now give a well-fed Galactus trouble.

fangirl101
Originally posted by King Kandy
Team one wins. Takion isn't even that far above SS who Thanos can one-shot. Same with Odin. Thanos has been upgraded and can now give a well-fed Galactus trouble.

Surfer has held back a multiversal power before?

He's beaten the likes of Flash, a High end GL, and high energy wielder like captain atom at the same time without trying?

Surfer has saved everyone by stepping in between the clicks of a second?

Surfer has omnicience and can look at his enemies and tell thier weakness?

Surfer can manipulate entropy and anti matter?

Surfer can scatter his atoms across the universe and then pull them back together?

Surfer is indestructible?

darthgoober
Surfer has held back a multiversal power before?
He DID take on Thanos w/ IG.

He's beaten the likes of Flash, a High end GL, and high energy wielder like captain atom at the same time without trying?
Got me there.

Surfer has saved everyone by stepping in between the clicks of a second?
He hasn't saved anyone that way, but yeah he's got some impressive time manipulation feats of a similar nature.

Surfer has omnicience and can look at his enemies and tell thier weakness?
Omniscience no, tell weaknesses yes.

Surfer can manipulate entropy and anti matter?
I don't see why not.

Surfer can scatter his atoms across the universe and then pull them back together?
His own atoms, no.

Surfer is indestructible?
He has been called that several times.

fangirl101
Originally posted by darthgoober
He DID take on Thanos w/ IG.

Got me there.

He hasn't saved anyone that way, but yeah he's got some impressive time manipulation feats of a similar nature.

Omniscience no, tell weaknesses yes.

I don't see why not.

His own atoms, no.

He has been called that several times.
Looks to me like Surfer is no where near the league of Takion. We already know that Takion>>>>>>>> the best Gl's. Surfer is about equal to the best GL's on thier best days.

darthgoober
Looks to me like Surfer is no where near the league of Takion. We already know that Takion>>>>>>>> the best Gl's. Surfer is about equal to the best GL's on thier best days.
What makes you think he's nowhere near Takion's league based on my post? If we get into a feat comparison between the two Takion proves superior but it's not by leaps and bounds.

Air Legend
What makes you think he's nowhere near Takion's league based on my post?
His sheer intransigence. You do know you're wasting your time when you respond to him, right?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Air Legend
His sheer intransigence. You do know you're wasting your time when you respond to him, right?
I don't have anything better to do right now...

fangirl101
What makes you think he's nowhere near Takion's league based on my post? If we get into a feat comparison between the two Takion proves superior but it's not by leaps and bounds.

My opinion. First step is to show me the Surfer beating Two high tier beings like Kyle and Flash, and a low herald guy like CM. Without trying or knowing his powers.

darthgoober
My opinion. First step is to show me the Surfer beating Two high tier beings like Kyle and Flash, and a low herald guy like CM. Without trying or knowing his powers.
Why do you automatically assume that it's up to others to prove you wrong?

No Bias Claims
"Batman can beat Thor because he's cooler!" That's an example of how not to debate. We would like to see the rationale behind any claims that one character can beat the other rather than a claim based on popularity and subjective bias.
Also, we insist that all claims be backed up by evidence from canon sources. If you claim that Spiderman is stronger than Superman, then you have to prove it.

Now you claim that Takion is far superior to Surfer right? So it's up to you to prove that Takion is far superior to Surfer who's channeled the energies of the Crunch, stalemated Millinius(one of Odin's villains), evolved an entire planet billions of years in a matter of moments, beat the Stranger, punked a Watcher, and took down the Unilord.

fangirl101

No Bias Claims
"Batman can beat Thor because he's cooler!" That's an example of how not to debate. We would like to see the rationale behind any claims that one character can beat the other rather than a claim based on popularity and subjective bias.
Also, we insist that all claims be backed up by evidence from canon sources. If you claim that Spiderman is stronger than Superman, then you have to prove it.

Now you claim that Takion is far superior to Surfer right? So it's up to you to prove that Takion is far superior to Surfer who's channeled the energies of the Crunch, stalemated Millinius(one of Odin's villains), evolved an entire planet billions of years in a matter of moments, beat the Stranger, punked a Watcher, and took down the Unilord.

The surfer gets punked by Thanos. Who's greatest feats involve beating herald level characters, getting his ass kicked by Odin and not dying, etc. Forget takion being cooler, cuz he's not cooler than SS. He simply is far more powerful. The crunch energies were not his own power. He simply channelled them. takion used his OWN power against the power of the God wave. The stranger got frozen by iceman. So forgive me if surfer beating him isn't impressing me. Odin has many villians Not all of them are on the same level. unless you think that means he can stalemate Surtur as well.

Badabing
Guys, I'm getting too many reports from these types of threads. I won't name people but I've spoken to you all before. Those of you who have been warned before are close to a banning. The others will get a warning and then I'll close the thread. If you can't get along then please use the ignore feature.

darthgoober
The surfer gets punked by Thanos. Who's greatest feats involve beating herald level characters, getting his ass kicked by Odin and not dying, etc.
Actually Thanos's big feats are doing more to a well fed Galactus in a single blast than pretty much anyone else... ever, nearly mind raping a well fed Galactus, taking down the Maker, easily shattering a forcefield that was keeping numerous top tiers at bay, along with his feats of resisting prolonged attacks from Odin and swatting around herald level characters like flies.

The crunch energies were not his own power. He simply channelled them. takion used his OWN power against the power of the God wave.
Surfer was already massively weakened before the feat and Galactus admitted that he himself couldn't withstand those energies.

And Takion DIED against the God Wave. That's like saying Cyclops's blast against Thanos during the Infinity Gauntlet was a massive show of power.

The stranger got frozen by iceman. So forgive me if surfer beating him isn't impressing me.
You mean the same Ice Man that's an omega level mutant and who has also done the same thing to Oblivion before?

Odin has many villians Not all of them are on the same level. unless you think that means he can stalemate Surtur as well.
I'm not saying that Millenius is equal to Odin in power, but he's still powerful as Hell.

And I'm still waiting on proof for Takion. If you need scans of the Surfer feats for comparison I can post them, but I figured they're well known enough that I don't need to.

fangirl101
Actually Thanos's big feats are doing more to a well fed Galactus in a single blast than pretty much anyone else... ever, nearly mind raping a well fed Galactus, taking down the Maker, easily shattering a forcefield that was keeping numerous top tiers at bay, along with his feats of resisting prolonged attacks from Odin and swatting around herald level characters like flies.

Surfer was already massively weakened before the feat and Galactus admitted that he himself couldn't withstand those energies.

And Takion DIED against the God Wave. That's like saying Cyclops's blast against Thanos during the Infinity Gauntlet was a massive show of power.

You mean the same Ice Man that's an omega level mutant and who has also done the same thing to Oblivion before?

I'm not saying that Millenius is equal to Odin in power, but he's still powerful as Hell.

And I'm still waiting on proof for Takion. If you need scans of the Surfer feats for comparison I can post them, but I figured they're well known enough that I don't need to.

Um, The fact that EVERYONE didn't die because of the Godwave is Takion's feat. The multiversal power by rights should have steam rolled everyone. It was takion who not only shielded them from it's effects, but pushed against the Wave long enough for DS to act. Your analogy of cyclops does NOT compare. Thanos taking down the maker is a non feat. She has no feats of her own. Not in that form. If swatting herald characters around like flies is a feat then takion has that. Hence he would be at least Thanos level and thus above Surfer regardless. Galactus admitting that he can't withstand energies that surfer could doesn't speak volumes about surfer, it speaks volumes about Galactus. in a negative way. I dont' need scans of surfer's feats. I know his defeats at the hands of thanos who is comparible in power to takion. maybe a little less powerful.

darthgoober
Um, The fact that EVERYONE didn't die because of the Godwave is Takion's feat. The multiversal power by rights should have steam rolled everyone. It was takion who not only shielded them from it's effects, but pushed against the Wave long enough for DS to act. Your analogy of cyclops does NOT compare. Thanos taking down the maker is a non feat. She has no feats of her own. Not in that form. If swatting herald characters around like flies is a feat then takion has that. Hence he would be at least Thanos level and thus above Surfer regardless. Galactus admitting that he can't withstand energies that surfer could doesn't speak volumes about surfer, it speaks volumes about Galactus. in a negative way. I dont' need scans of surfer's feats. I know his defeats at the hands of thanos who is comparible in power to takion. maybe a little less powerful.
You come up with a feat that Takion actually survives and we'll talk, until then I'm not impressed. A failed attempt at stopping the God Wave is nowhere near quantifiable enough to gauge his power off of. Surfer's actually taken down actual cosmics like the Stranger, a Watcher, and the Unilord and he managed to SURVIVE.

But it's good to see you admit that Thanos is at least comparable in power to Takion.

fangirl101
You come up with a feat that Takion actually survives and we'll talk, until then I'm not impressed. A failed attempt at stopping the God Wave is nowhere near quantifiable enough to gauge his power off of. Surfer's actually taken down actual cosmics like the Stranger, a Watcher, and the Unilord and he managed to SURVIVE.

But it's good to see you admit that Thanos is at least comparable in power to Takion.
If I didn't Think Thanos was comparable then I wouldnt' have put him in this thread. That would have been spite. And It doesn't matter if Takion Died or not. Who cares. What he wanted to accomplish was. Now come back to me if he sets out to do something and doesn't do it.

darthgoober
If I didn't Think Thanos was comparable then I wouldnt' have put him in this thread. That would have been spite. And It doesn't matter if Takion Died or not. Who cares. What he wanted to accomplish was. Now come back to me if he sets out to do something and doesn't do it.
It DOES matter that he died, because it makes it impossible to gauge how much he really accomplished. Surfer could die trying to stop the God Wave, there's no real feat there.

And again, it's not my job to prove that Takion isn't that much more powerful than Surfer, it's your job to prove that Takion IS much more powerful than Surfer...

No Bias Claims

fangirl101
It DOES matter that he died, because it makes it impossible to gauge how much he really accomplished. Surfer could die trying to stop the God Wave, there's no real feat there.

And again, it's not my job to prove that Takion isn't that much more powerful than Surfer, it's your job to prove that Takion IS much more powerful than Surfer...

No Bias Claims

who the hell cares if he died. Superman died stopping doomsday. we know wonder woman couldn't have stopped doomsday and she would have died. The feat was in him STOPPING THE GODWAVE. Takion is much more powerful than surfer. Surfer Cannot Beat Kyle rayner GL, Flash, And Captain atom at the same time. Oh Takion is more powerful than a planet full of heroes and apok forces.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/takioninterruptsbattle.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/takioninterruptsbattle1.jpg
He stops all of them from fighting with a wave. when surfer can do that, let me know. Notice that there is even an old God among the heroes who have just been pulled from the fray by Takion's power.

darthgoober
who the hell cares if he died. Superman died stopping doomsday. we know wonder woman couldn't have stopped doomsday and she would have died.
Supes was successful at stopping DD, Takion just held the GW long enough for the others to escape. Then he died. Does the fact that Conner went down swinging against SBP mean that we should consider him to be more powerful than Supes and WW?

The feat was in him STOPPING THE GODWAVE.
He didn't stop the God Wave, he just stalled it for a minute.

Takion is much more powerful than surfer.
Yet to be proven.

Surfer Cannot Beat Kyle rayner GL, Flash, And Captain atom at the same time.
Have you actually seen that fight? The heroes were trying to contain him and were attacking one at a time. What's more, ALL of them managed to get in at least one good shot that had him reeling. Truth be told I really don't see that particular encounter as being anymore impressive than WM Thor's in the Blood and Thunder arc.

Oh Takion is more powerful than a planet full of heroes and apok forces.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/takioninterruptsbattle.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/takioninterruptsbattle1.jpg
He stops all of them from fighting with a wave. when surfer can do that, let me know. Notice that there is even an old God among the heroes who have just been pulled from the fray by Takion's power.
How do you figure his levitating/teleporting(I can't really tell which) that group indicates that he's more powerful than a planet full of heroes?

fangirl101
Supes was successful at stopping DD, Takion just held the GW long enough for the others to escape. Then he died. Does the fact that Conner went down swinging against SBP mean that we should consider him to be more powerful than Supes and WW?

He didn't stop the God Wave, he just stalled it for a minute.

Yet to be proven.

Have you actually seen that fight? The heroes were trying to contain him and were attacking one at a time. What's more, ALL of them managed to get in at least one good shot that had him reeling. Truth be told I really don't see that particular encounter as being anymore impressive than WM Thor's in the Blood and Thunder arc.

How do you figure his levitating/teleporting(I can't really tell which) that group indicates that he's more powerful than a planet full of heroes?

Um, levitating? He yanked them out mid battle and they could do nothing about it. And THERE WAS AN ELDER GOD there.

Also takion stalled the Godwave. Highfather,shazam, nore anyone else could. Unless of course you think surfer shazam too. LMAO.

I have the 7 issue takion series. do you? Takion manipulated the forces of a black hole he created. thanos, who is superior to surfer got bitched by the forces of a black hole. Surfer may create them, show us him manipulating thier forces.

darthgoober
Um, levitating? He yanked them out mid battle and they could do nothing about it. And THERE WAS AN ELDER GOD there.
Yeah, he levitated them(or whatever) above the battle and they asked him what was up without actually trying to go back. I fail to see why you find that so impressive.

Also takion stalled the Godwave. Highfather,shazam, nore anyone else could. Unless of course you think surfer shazam too. LMAO.
Did they actually say that the others were unable to? Maybe they just weren't ready for a suicide run.

I have the 7 issue takion series. do you? Takion manipulated the forces of a black hole he created. thanos, who is superior to surfer got bitched by the forces of a black hole. Surfer may create them, show us him manipulating thier forces.
Ok...
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2585/mcp5030ampinghh6.jpg

fangirl101
Yeah, he levitated them(or whatever) above the battle and they asked him what was up without actually trying to go back. I fail to see why you find that so impressive.

Did they actually say that the others were unable to? Maybe they just weren't ready for a suicide run.

Ok...
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2585/mcp5030ampinghh6.jpg

Um using the black hole to amply his powers is somehow manipulating the force of the hole? What the hell? that is not even close. And Shazam said that TAKION WAS CREATED for such ends. No one else had the power he commanded. Besides the fact that once the source was restored so was he, lends credance that he can't be killed as long as the source is around unless by the source. Oh let's see Surfer Levitate thanos without his permission. He won't be able to. There was and ELDER GOD there.That takion clearly yanked from the battle. Your saying levitate as if he just picked people who don't have powers, who cant' fly, who were just standing around, up.

darthgoober
Um using the black hole to amply his powers is somehow manipulating the force of the hole? What the hell? that is not even close.
Yeah it is. He's manipulating the energy of the Black Hole(by absorbing and altering it) and that's what you asked for...

But if you want to make this about specific plot driven feats, why don't you show me an instance of Takion manipulating pure spatial energy...

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/3371/silversurfer0223xl0.jpg

And Shazam said that TAKION WAS CREATED for such ends. No one else had the power he commanded.
Wait Shazam actually SAID that no one else could do it?

Besides the fact that once the source was restored so was he, lends credance that he can't be killed as long as the source is around unless by the source.
Nice theory. Any concrete evidence to back it up or is it based solely on extrapolation?

Oh let's see Surfer Levitate thanos without his permission. He won't be able to. There was and ELDER GOD there.That takion clearly yanked from the battle. Your saying levitate as if he just picked people who don't have powers, who cant' fly, who were just standing around, up.
I'll do you one better. Here's an instance of Surfer stopping every conflict on Earth simultaneously and in a more impressive fashion than Takion's feat...
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7294/silversurfer199713317uh2.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/143/silversurfer199713318ml1.jpg

fangirl101
Yeah it is. He's manipulating the energy of the Black Hole(by absorbing and altering it) and that's what you asked for...

But if you want to make this about specific plot driven feats, why don't you show me an instance of Takion manipulating pure spatial energy...

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/3371/silversurfer0223xl0.jpg

Wait Shazam actually SAID that no one else could do it?

Nice theory. Any concrete evidence to back it up or is it based solely on extrapolation?

I'll do you one better. Here's an instance of Surfer stopping every conflict on Earth simultaneously and in a more impressive fashion than Takion's feat...
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7294/silversurfer199713317uh2.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/143/silversurfer199713318ml1.jpg

LOL at this attempt.

First thing is I said Takion manipulated the forces of the black hole itself. not the energy to boost himself. That means he controlled the effects of the black hole to such a point that it effected nothing but the carrier that he wanted. I can control the energy of a car by pressing on the gas. If I'm outside of the car and try to manipulate the same force, i'd get steam rolled.

If anyone else could have stopped the power of the Godwave why didnt' they? As a matter of fact, Takion not only was pressing against the power, he opened up portals thru all of that the heroes could attack. They were ALL overwhelmed.

Surfer stopping every conflict on earth is nice. Shows no super powered beings. Certainly shows no elder Gods. Saying it's greater than Takion yanking high powered beings and an elder God is a bit, um, I don't know, strechty?

TricksterPriest
The sheer depth of Takion's power dwarfs Surfer's. He can shut down almost any superpowered being in DC. The Source is the power for all of them. It's also a limitless energy source, and unlike the power cosmic, it cannot be exhausted by an enormous effort.

Also, Takion's use of anti-matter in his fight against Stayne is energy/matter manip beyond Surfer's power. In the DCU, just summoning anti-matter creates vast destruction.

Nihilist
It is the freaking spectre. You act as if getting stomped by the spectre is a low feat. Only a fool could think such a thing. the fact that shazam put up any kind of fight at all is a feat.
you tried to make it sound like he stood up spectre on the spot.
he was only able to stand up against spectre because of the reasons i gave.other wise he is weak.

as for calling me a fool you really dont learn do you nvr.just dont start crying like you used to do when some bashes you.

quanchi112
I said cunning. Never said as smart. You can be crafty without being brilliant. I can't believe you can't read what I wrote.

Calling a hostless spectre a baffoon is stupid. That is the point of a hostless spectre. It is raw emotion with no tethering. which is why it needs a soul. The hostless spectre needs a host because on his own he is a buffoon. Eclipso played the Spectre for the fool he was.

quanchi112

No Bias Claims

Now you claim that Takion is far superior to Surfer right? So it's up to you to prove that Takion is far superior to Surfer who's channeled the energies of the Crunch, stalemated Millinius(one of Odin's villains), evolved an entire planet billions of years in a matter of moments, beat the Stranger, punked a Watcher, and took down the Unilord. thumb up

quanchi112
The surfer gets punked by Thanos. Who's greatest feats involve beating herald level characters, getting his ass kicked by Odin and not dying, etc. Forget takion being cooler, cuz he's not cooler than SS. He simply is far more powerful. The crunch energies were not his own power. He simply channelled them. takion used his OWN power against the power of the God wave. The stranger got frozen by iceman. So forgive me if surfer beating him isn't impressing me. Odin has many villians Not all of them are on the same level. unless you think that means he can stalemate Surtur as well. Thanos stood up to Odin and showed off his tremendous durability. While Takion has never shown superiority over Seid who is an equal to Superman. Seid had been beaten into submission by Supes and had his heart ripped out by Orion just using strength, yet Takion hasnt shown dominance over this top tier.

Surfer has oodles more feats while Takion has a few and one of which he died. laughing out loud

quanchi112

I have the 7 issue takion series. do you? Takion manipulated the forces of a black hole he created. thanos, who is superior to surfer got bitched by the forces of a black hole. Surfer may create them, show us him manipulating thier forces. Takion stalling the godwave only means his powerset was more apt to accomplish this goal. He also died. Surfer could attempt to stop it as well but if he died would I go around celebrating as his highest feat because he died in the process.

Here is one the crunch. Here is the difference. Surfer would have died prolly if no for Galactus' intervention but he accomplished his goal. T and A were stopped while the godwave wasnt.

quanchi112
The sheer depth of Takion's power dwarfs Surfer's. He can shut down almost any superpowered being in DC. The Source is the power for all of them. It's also a limitless energy source, and unlike the power cosmic, it cannot be exhausted by an enormous effort.

Also, Takion's use of anti-matter in his fight against Stayne is energy/matter manip beyond Surfer's power. In the DCU, just summoning anti-matter creates vast destruction. Prove its limitless first off because Darkseid had the Source beat with a finite amount of energy.

quanchi112
he was only able to stand up against spectre because of the reasons i gave.other wise he is weak.

as for calling me a fool you really dont learn do you nvr.just dont start crying like you used to do when some bashes you. Exactly he had time for onesided prep and failed. Bottom line is he failed.

TricksterPriest
Prove its limitless first off because Darkseid had the Source beat with a finite amount of energy.

You didn't read DOTNG, did you? roll eyes (sarcastic) 2nd, prove THE SOURCE is unlimited?

hysterical Go to hell.

fangirl101

as for calling me a fool you really dont learn do you nvr.just dont start crying like you used to do when some bashes you.

Prove that Shazam is weak.

kevdude
LOL at this attempt.

First thing is I said Takion manipulated the forces of the black hole itself. not the energy to boost himself. That means he controlled the effects of the black hole to such a point that it effected nothing but the carrier that he wanted. I can control the energy of a car by pressing on the gas. If I'm outside of the car and try to manipulate the same force, i'd get steam rolled.

If anyone else could have stopped the power of the Godwave why didnt' they? As a matter of fact, Takion not only was pressing against the power, he opened up portals thru all of that the heroes could attack. They were ALL overwhelmed.

Surfer stopping every conflict on earth is nice. Shows no super powered beings. Certainly shows no elder Gods. Saying it's greater than Takion yanking high powered beings and an elder God is a bit, um, I don't know, strechty?

thumb up

Eel O'Brian
I can control the energy of a car by pressing on the gas. If I'm outside of the car and try to manipulate the same force, i'd get steam rolled.
? Quite possibly the worst analogy I've ever seen on KMC.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
Quite possibly the worst analogy I've ever seen on KMC.

Or it's possible you just don't understand it.

TricksterPriest
Quite possibly the worst analogy I've ever seen on KMC.

No, Fangirl is right. You really don't understand the point she's making. no

Takion's level of energy manipulation is way above Surfer's and Thanos.

My problem with this, is that the match is inherently unfair. Put someone stronger than Thanos in here and it's a fight. He has no business being here.

Eel O'Brian
No, Fangirl is right. You really don't understand the point she's making. no You're right. My reading comprehension must suck- here I was thinking that Surfer was drawing in the power of a singularity, and utilizing its power to boost his own. Silly me, thinking that such a feat is within Surfer's capability.

I mean, that clearly translates directly into stepping on a gas peddle.

Yeesh.

fangirl101
You're right. My reading comprehension must suck- here I was thinking that Surfer was drawing in the power of a singularity, and utilizing its power to boost his own. Silly me, thinking that such a feat is within Surfer's capability.

I mean, that clearly translates directly into stepping on a gas peddle.

Yeesh.
Stepping on Gas Peddle, manipulating said force of car from the INSIDE.

Pushing Against the Car while moving from the OUT SIDE and controlling it's force is altogether different.

Surfer= used the hole to BOOST his own power.
Using Car to boost one's speed/acceleration etc.

Takion Created the Hole and Controlled it with pin point accuracy from the OUTSIDE.

Eel O'Brian
Stepping on Gas Peddle, manipulating said force of car from the INSIDE.

Pushing Against the Car while moving from the OUT SIDE and controlling it's force is altogether different.

Surfer= used the hole to BOOST his own power.

Takion Created the Hole and Controlled it with pin point accuracy from the OUTSIDE. I grasp what you're trying to compare, but it seems that you don't.

Pedal - A foot-actuated lever.

Lever - a simple machine that gives a mechanical advantage when given a fulcrum

Advantage - an ultimate benefit or advantage

You're trying to relate (someone stepping on a lever to gain a mechanical advantage over an object to move it vs. someone having no such advantage and still attempting to move said object) to (someone manipulating a source of energy vs. someone creating and manipulating a source of energy).

Either you're just incredibly inept, or you're attempting to twist a groundless analogy in order to attempt to make Takion look far superior to Surfer.

Judging by your responses, I'm not quite sure which you fall under.

Oh, and for future reference, no matter how many words you capitalize, your analogy won't get any better.

TricksterPriest
You brain-dead.....Takion IS far superior to Surfer. It's one thing to use a black hole to boost your power, it's another to control the forces of said black hole into a localized area to only affect one object. Not to mention controlling anti-matter and the other things.

Are you biased or just stupid? thumb down

quanchi112
You didn't read DOTNG, did you? roll eyes (sarcastic) 2nd, prove THE SOURCE is unlimited?

hysterical Go to hell. Darkseid didnt have infinite energies and his power dwarfed the Sources ale. He easily pwned him. I read the comic would you like to see the scan?

quanchi112
Quite possibly the worst analogy I've ever seen on KMC. There have been much worse but it is pretty bad.

Eel O'Brian
You brain-dead.....Takion IS far superior to Surfer. It's one thing to use a black hole to boost your power, it's another to control the forces of said black hole into a localized area to only affect one object. Not to mention controlling anti-matter and the other things. Good thing that has to do entirely with the analogy that I was commenting on.

I don't recall even posting an opinion on the fight, just on the argument.

Are you biased or just stupid? thumb down A little from column a, a little from column b...

quanchi112
You brain-dead.....Takion IS far superior to Surfer. It's one thing to use a black hole to boost your power, it's another to control the forces of said black hole into a localized area to only affect one object. Not to mention controlling anti-matter and the other things.

Are you biased or just stupid? thumb down Prove it.

Surfer has a lot more feats than Takion and his clame to fame doesnt even stack up to Surfer manipulating crunch energy to defeat T and A. They were defeated while the godwave wasnt stopped.

Prove Takion is superior and quit saying those who disagree with you are biased or stupid.

TricksterPriest
Prove it.

Surfer has a lot more feats than Takion and his clame to fame doesnt even stack up to Surfer manipulating crunch energy to defeat T and A. They were defeated while the godwave wasnt stopped.

Prove Takion is superior and quit saying those who disagree with you are biased or stupid.

It's been proven. But trolls never accept when they've lost.

What Takion did was far different. Surfer took an energy that was there, and almost died. Which is impressive, but far different, than say, if T&A had hurled it at him and he turned it back upon them.

Not to mention the Godwave>the crunch. Not to mention over T&A. You are comparing two very different feats. The crunch was the primary weakness of Tenebrous&Aegis. It's a much different thing than trying to stop the source of all the super powers in the DCU. the latter is much much harder. Surfer took advantage of a natural part of the enviroment, Takion used his own power to hold off a universe destroying force.

The latter is a much more impressive feat in context. You never miss a chance to demean and downgrade DC, do you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

fangirl101
I grasp what you're trying to compare, but it seems that you don't.

Pedal - A foot-actuated lever.

Lever - a simple machine that gives a mechanical advantage when given a fulcrum

Advantage - an ultimate benefit or advantage

You're trying to relate (someone stepping on a lever to gain a mechanical advantage over an object to move it vs. someone having no such advantage and still attempting to move said object) to (someone manipulating a source of energy vs. someone creating and manipulating a source of energy).

Either you're just incredibly inept, or you're attempting to twist a groundless analogy in order to attempt to make Takion look far superior to Surfer.

Judging by your responses, I'm not quite sure which you fall under.

Oh, and for future reference, no matter how many words you capitalize, your analogy won't get any better.

Takion is FAR superior to surfer. Unless you can show me Surfer beating Three herald level beings without trying, controlling a black hole with pin point accuracy. takion also beat insane lightray who had taken over the entire new genesis. I could care less what you think of me, The point is TAKION>>>>>>>>>>>>>>surfer.

quanchi112
Takion is FAR superior to surfer. Unless you can show me Surfer beating Three herald level beings without trying, controlling a black hole with pin point accuracy. takion also beat insane lightray who had taken over the entire new genesis. I could care less what you think of me, The point is TAKION>>>>>>>>>>>>>>surfer. You havent proven a thing. You state a few feats and start declaring yourself the winner. laughing out loud laughing out loud

quanchi112
It's been proven. But trolls never accept when they've lost.

What Takion did was far different. Surfer took an energy that was there, and almost died. Which is impressive, but far different, than say, if T&A had hurled it at him and he turned it back upon them.

Not to mention the Godwave>the crunch. Not to mention over T&A. You are comparing two very different feats. The crunch was the primary weakness of Tenebrous&Aegis. It's a much different thing than trying to stop the source of all the super powers in the DCU. the latter is much much harder. Surfer took advantage of a natural part of the enviroment, Takion used his own power to hold off a universe destroying force.

The latter is a much more impressive feat in context. You never miss a chance to demean and downgrade DC, do you? roll eyes (sarcastic) It doesnt matter if the godwave is greater than the crunch. Surfer accomplished what he set out to to while Takion died. laughing out loud

I know one is much harder but he failed. So whats so great about this. Its funny you call me a troll but fail to even understand the entire situation.

Eel O'Brian
Takion is FAR superior to surfer. Unless you can show me Surfer beating Three herald level beings without trying, controlling a black hole with pin point accuracy. takion also beat insane lightray who had taken over the entire new genesis. I could care less what you think of me, The point is TAKION>>>>>>>>>>>>>>surfer. Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
Good thing that has to do entirely with the analogy that I was commenting on.

I don't recall even posting an opinion on the fight, just on the argument.

You're backed into a corner because you have no response to someone showing how you've deliberately attempted to manipulate a comparison to the point of ridiculousness in order to sway opinion to your claim.

And because you're backed into that corner, you're ignoring all replies and simply restating what's irrelevant in hopes that repetition of ">"'s will save the day.

You lose.

fangirl101
You're backed into a corner because you have no response to someone showing how you've deliberately attempted to manipulate a comparison to the point of ridiculousness in order to sway opinion to your claim.

And because you're backed into that corner, you're ignoring all replies and simply restating what's irrelevant in hopes that repetition of ">"'s will save the day.

You lose.

nah. That isn't it at all. I've summised that you don't like the analogy and there for try to discredit it. manipulating something from the inside for the purpose of boosting yourself is altogether different than manipulating the force of the object from the outside. period. You dont' like the analogy, so the **** what. I have not lost a thing. he knew he was stretching when he posted that as any type of comparison to what takion did.

Badabing
Okay, here's what's going to happen. People are going to learn what trolling and bashing mean because obviously some of you don't.

Being proved wrong and countering with a baseless claim or asking a poster to prove a negative is trolling. Typing a post which you know will incite people is trolling. Ignoring all evidence given and continuing with an opinion because of what you "think" is trolling.

Calling people names is bashing. Telling people to go to hell is bashing. Calling someone a liar is bashing. Calling someone a sock w/o verifiable proof is bashing.

Continually bringing up other characters in a thread is which they aren't part of is spam and in some cases trolling. Going off topic for pages at a time is spam.

I've had too many reports from these threads. I won't even give warnings next time. Threads will be closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.