Holy rip-off Superman!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

geshien
Apollo, Sentry, Mr. Majestic

vs

Supreme, Gladiator, Capt. Marvel (DC)

i know Capt. Marvel isn't really a rip-off but i needed a sixth opponent...

LET'S GET IT ON!

Endrict Nuul
Apollo loses to anyone on team 2, he's the weak link and causes team 1 to lose.

Juntai
Team 2.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by geshien
Apollo, Sentry, Mr. Majestic

vs

i know Capt. Marvel isn't really a rip-off but i needed a sixth opponent...

LET'S GET IT ON!

Cap Marvel (DC) is an ripp off, one of, if not the, first one. And the coolest one, I like him almost more then Supes.

Oh yeah, Team two ftw.

Mindship
Team 2 ftw

Jeez. Is Superman the most copied superhero? I guess the law is somewhat vague when it comes to this kinda thing...

...and it's quite a compliment to the Man o' Steel. What other superhero gets this kinda treament?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mindship
Team 2 ftw

Jeez. Is Superman the most copied superhero? I guess the law is somewhat vague when it comes to this kinda thing...

...and it's quite a compliment to the Man o' Steel. What other superhero gets this kinda treament?

Batman, green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Silver Surfer, Darksied, Human Torch, Off top of my head have all been copied a few times. Oh and Plastic Man I think he's the first stretchy guy.

geshien
okay, subbing Apollo for Hyperion...

KMC's Superboy
superman was the first superhero so everything after is a rip off

guy222
team two

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by geshien
okay, subbing Apollo for Hyperion...

Hyperion, Sentry, Mr. Majestic

vs

Hyperion already lost to Glads. 0:1

Mr. Majestic and Supreme (or Captain Marvel) would stalemate. 1:2

Cap. Marvel (or Supreme) would own Sentry IMO. 1:3

Cap. Marvel and Supreme would team up.....

Hyperion in team two and Glads in team 1 would be more even.

psycho gundam
superman is a rip off of captain marvel

zeel
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Cap Marvel (DC) is an ripp off, one of, if not the, first one. And the coolest one, I like him almost more then Supes.

Oh yeah, Team two ftw.

Cap is not a superman rip off. why would you think that? HE was similar to supes but with far greater powers at his time of realease. Including flight. Captian marvel was flying before superman was. Supes was to busy jumping over buildings.

Supermans vast strength speed and duribility was directly copied from captian marvel actually. Supes was nothing more then a super powered human vs captian marvel with lesser god like strength,speed and duribility. All of thoses above attributes superman copied from captian marvel.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by zeel
Cap is not a superman rip off. why would you think that? HE was similar to supes but with far greater powers at his time of realease. Including flight. Captian marvel was flying before superman was. Supes was to busy jumping over buildings.

Supermans vast strength speed and duribility was directly copied from captian marvel actually. Supes was nothing more then a super powered human vs captian marvel with lesser god like strength,speed and duribility. All of thoses above attributes superman copied from captian marvel.

First Superman was created before Captain Marvel

Second Captain Marvel was created because of the Success of Superman, though you stand right that his powers were greater then supes (but superman was more then an enchated human, he was still superhuman)

DC's court case against Fawcett Comics claiming Captain Marvel was a rip-off was successfull, DC won. smile

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Apollo loses to anyone on team 2, he's the weak link and causes team 1 to lose.

Apollo is being underrated here...

sad

zeel
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
First Superman was created before Captain Marvel

Second Captain Marvel was created because of the Success of Superman, though you stand right that his powers were greater then supes (but superman was more then an enchated human, he was still superhuman)

DC's court case against Fawcett Comics claiming Captain Marvel was a rip-off was successfull, DC won. smile

I agree with everything ya said=)

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by zeel
I agree with everything ya said=)

Though Cap Marvel is cooler IMHO

Silent Master
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU

sad

No, he's not.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU

sad

Not when you're warned not to fly into a crap force field or you'll turn into mush sad

Mindship
Originally posted by fangirl101
Batman, green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Silver Surfer, Darksied, Human Torch, Off top of my head have all been copied a few times. Oh and Plastic Man I think he's the first stretchy guy. There's another guy on a surfboard?

geshien
There's another guy on a surfboard?

while not on a surf board, the Radiant reminded me of Surfer.

darthgoober
There's another guy on a surfboard?
Not sure about that, but the Back Racer's a Surfer knock off...

redhotrash
Any team that Sentry is on, loses.

geshien
something tells me Sentry is being underrated here.

redhotrash
How do you rate Sentry on the same level as Supes, or any of his more respected clones? Whats he done aside from killing Carnage and jumping Dr. Doom? The guy is a consistant coward with HIGHLY questionable H2H skills. He had a decent showing against the Hulk, which he still lost despite having a powerset that should have allowed a stomp.

geshien
Originally posted by redhotrash
How do you rate Sentry on the same level as Supes, or any of his more respected clones? Whats he done aside from killing Carnage and jumping Dr. Doom? The guy is a consistant coward with HIGHLY questionable H2H skills. He had a decent showing against the Hulk, which he still lost despite having a powerset that should have allowed a stomp.

well, for starters he has near light speeds, incredible strength, and durability.

he ripped the armor on Dr. Doom, that says a lot.

he stopped Terrax in mid swing with one hand and broke his "unbreakable" axe with ease.

and yes, he should've stomped the Hulk because of his speed but, that was Hulks' book and it would be a boring read if every character with super speed and strength (i.o.w. Superman and rip-offs) fought by speed blitzing.

redhotrash
So basically he has the same powers as everyone else here, except he doesnt use them as efficiently. Terrax was jobbed to establish Sentry as a big player, so I hardly count that. As for ripping off Doom's armor, he teleported in and took Doom completely unaware which isnt that impressive. Teleport Thing or Namor in behind a unaware, shieldless Doom and you'd have the same result.

geshien
So basically he has the same powers as everyone else here, except he doesnt use them as efficiently. Terrax was jobbed to establish Sentry as a big player, so I hardly count that. As for ripping off Doom's armor, he teleported in and took Doom completely unaware which isnt that impressive. Teleport Thing or Namor in behind a unaware, shieldless Doom and you'd have the same result.

how is Sentry owning Terrax not notable?

and the fact that he ripped it apart is what's impressive.

redhotrash
Its not notable because Terrax was fed to Sentry's hype machine. They fed Omega Red to Chamber, fed Sabretooth to BlackCat, etc etc. Hell Punisher has a win over the Hulk. The guy fights a amped Morg but gets humiliated by Marvel's pet project.

geshien
Its not notable because Terrax was fed to Sentry's hype machine. They fed Omega Red to Chamber, fed Sabretooth to BlackCat, etc etc. Hell Punisher has a win over the Hulk. The guy fights a amped Morg but gets humiliated by Marvel's pet project.

well, we're just going to have to agree to disagree. imo, Sentry is capable of beating Terrax, maybe not quite to the degree and fashion in which he did but, i digress.

he's building up. give him some time.

redhotrash
There are many flaws that can make a character more interesting and likable. Cowardice isnt one of them. Case of a sheep's mind in a lion's body. Everyone else in this thread has established themselves as a legit threat. Sentry hasnt done jack and has more negative showings working against him than positive ones.

Ambient
Team 2.. Supreme is a beast..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.