Energy Manipulation contest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
Ok the contestants have to manipulate these energy sources. who does it the best?

Oan energy
Power Cosmic
Power Primordial
Asgardian Magic
The Speed Force
The Quantum Field
Quantum Bands
The Source
Omega effect

the Contestants are

Firestorm
Hal Jordan
Silver Surfer
Takion
Thanos
Quasar
Thor

Who would do the best over all?

draxx_tOfU
Thor can absorb those energies but as to manipulate it, seems iffy to me...

redhotrash
Isnt this almost Surfer's speciality? Or is that more dependant on whos writing him.

illadelph12
Hmm...

I'd say Takion's first given his experiences with the Source, followed closely by Thanos, then Quasar, Surfer, Hal, Firestorm, with Thor bringing up the rear.

TricksterPriest
The only thing Takion can't mess with is the OE IMO. Which I base mainly on the fact that nobody has ever outright manipulated the OE and that Takion is scared shitless of DS.

And I refuse to put Thanos over Hal, Surfer, Quasar or Firestorm. All of whom are demonstratably better energy manipulators.

redhotrash
Thanos seems iffy to me. Hard to tell how much is actually him and how much is his tech. He never really states what his natural ability is.

Ambient
Id have to say Surfer or firestorm, fallowed by Hal, Takion and Thor..

Ouallada
Originally posted by redhotrash
Thanos seems iffy to me. Hard to tell how much is actually him and how much is his tech. He never really states what his natural ability is.

It doesn't really matter as long as said tech is implanted into him, and thus counts as standard equipment.

Firestorm and SS are probably the best, but I think Quasar is a little underrated here.

illadelph12
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
The only thing Takion can't mess with is the OE IMO. Which I base mainly on the fact that nobody has ever outright manipulated the OE and that Takion is scared shitless of DS.

And I refuse to put Thanos over Hal, Surfer, Quasar or Firestorm. All of whom are demonstratably better energy manipulators.

I chose Thanos second because of all the characters listed he has the most experience wielding high end exotic energies which are not his own. Quasar's Q-Bands give him an edge over Surfer and Hal, not that Quasar is more likely to win a fight, but simply the properties of the Q-Bands give him an edge. Hal and Surfer are pretty much interchangable, with Surfer's Power Cosmic being so versatile as it is and with Hal having experienced being both Parallax and the Spectre it's pretty much a wash. I'd consider them 4A & B moreso than 4th & 5th. Firestorm is 5th (6th) due to the fact that even though the character is an elemental the feats of manipulating foreign high end energy sources don't garner a higher ranking, and Thor brings up the rear because he's likely the least skilled overall in the group, though not saying he's an energy manipulating neophyte, but that's just not generally his first option as it is for the others.

Nihilist
Originally posted by fangirl101
Ok the contestants have to manipulate these energy sources. who does it the best?

Oan energy
Power Cosmic
Power Primordial
Asgardian Magic
The Speed Force
The Quantum Field
Quantum Bands
The Source
Omega effect

the Contestants are

Firestorm
Hal Jordan
Silver Surfer
Takion
Thanos
Quasar
Thor

imo its pretty close between all of them.

thanos and takion are top picks

thanos manipulated the naked energy's of the hotu

takion same with the source

i agree that quasar is underated,he manipulated ego the living planets energy which surfer couldn't do

carnage52
this is firestorm vs surfer to me.

Marvelknight
Silver Surfer.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Nihilist
imo its pretty close between all of them.

thanos and takion are top picks

thanos manipulated the naked energy's of the hotu

takion same with the source

i agree that quasar is underated,he manipulated ego the living planets energy which surfer couldn't do

Did thanos really manipulate it? All he did was master it using his will. Anybody with a will as strong as thanos shold be able to do so as well shoudnt they? He also said that he could do it because his body was used to high levels of enrgy. When it comes to finely manipulating enrgy or manipulation skills, my list is

1. Takion
2. Surfer( he at two imo because of his synthesizing the odin force which is magical enrgy)
3.Quasar/GL
4. Thanos
5. Firestorm
6. Thor

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

why?...

manipulating various forms of energy is an Eternal's birthright...

Endless Mike
Takion

MightyEInherjar
Takion, more than likely, but that's almost a separate league.

Out of the rest, I'd say either Surfer or Firestorm have the most manipulation feats that I've personally seen on panel. The others might have more, but these two are just the most frequent manipulators IMO.

I know Thor could deal with all of the energy fine, I just don't think he as versatile as the previous two. Thor uses energy as a weapon, Surfer uses it as a craft, an art.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by fangirl101

Oan energy
Power Cosmic
Power Primordial
Asgardian Magic
The Speed Force
The Quantum Field
Quantum Bands
The Source
Omega effect

the Contestants are

Firestorm
Hal Jordan
Silver Surfer
Takion
Thanos
Quasar
Thor

Include Vulcan.

CaptainStoic
I'd choose Takion and Quasar in terms of the best energy manips in this list.

As Grinning Goku added I believe if Vulcan were part of this list he would be a very strong choice as well.

TricksterPriest
Vulcan has done NOTHING in his entire history to deserve being on that list. stick out tongue

King Kandy
Thanos wins since he has manipulated and absorbed THOTU which is far greater then anything here.

fangirl101
Originally posted by King Kandy
Thanos wins since he has manipulated and absorbed THOTU which is far greater then anything here.

No. The heart was not an uncontrolled energy source that he had to brave like the surfer had to brave the crunch. The heart was not in full control of someone else like the Odin force which surfer manipulated and super charged. the heart was sitting there, designed specifically for thanos to use.

llagrok
Surfer didn't really "manipulate" the Odinforce.

fangirl101
Originally posted by llagrok
Surfer didn't really "manipulate" the Odinforce.

He did. He erased it out of beta and then sythesized it and supercharged it. Odin was pretty peaved about it too. One of my favorite surfer moments.

llagrok
lmao

someone sure misread it.

fangirl101
Originally posted by llagrok
lmao

someone sure misread it.
did they now? So Odin wasn't ticked about what the surfer did?

TricksterPriest

Like hell that counts. thumb down

If god puts down an object that has his power and sets it up so that only one person he picked can use it, it's not a feat for manipulation or absorbtion. Willpower maybe, but that's dicey as well.

norrinradd43
Thanos wins since he has manipulated and absorbed THOTU which is far greater then anything here. He also absorbed it MUCH faster than Akhenaten...It took Akenaten thousands of years...Thanos did it in no time at all as far as I can recall

fangirl101
Originally posted by norrinradd43 He also absorbed it MUCH faster than Akhenaten...It took Akenaten thousands of years...Thanos did it in no time at all as far as I can recall Wasn't it designed for Thanos to wield? Hadn't he been tricked by the master manipulator for that purpose?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.