Iron Man vs. Aqua Man (with a twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marvelknight

comicfan11
Aquaman with the trident took out an Imperiex probe.
Plus underwater he doesn't need a suit to have level 100 strength.
If the suit also gives more speed then IM will not even be able to keep up with him let alone fight him.
Plus Aquaman is a better fighter and in he is fighting in his element.
Add to that the fact that he can call to his aid all the sea life he wants (including stuff like whales, Krakens, Giant Squids, etc) and that he can control water (meaning the whole area they are fighting) and it's a stomp in Aquaman's favor.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by comicfan11
Aquaman with the trident took out an Imperiex probe.
Plus underwater he doesn't need a suit to have level 100 strength.
If the suit also gives more speed then IM will not even be able to keep up with him let alone fight him.
Plus Aquaman is a better fighter and in he is fighting in his element.
Add to that the fact that he can call to his aid all the sea life he wants (including stuff like whales, Krakens, Giant Squids, etc) and that he can control water (meaning the whole area they are fighting) and it's a stomp in Aquaman's favor.
I agree with some of what you said. I also think you are overlooking the fact that Tony has "prep time" and he "modified" his suit for underwater combat. Tony has build suits to battle Hulk and Thor. Two characters who are far superior to Aqua Man. And Iron Man can easily kill any sea creature Aqua Man calls to his aid. And IM is far more experienced with using his battle suits than Aqua Man. AM will not have an easy time here at all.

comicfan11
Originally posted by Marvelknight
I agree with some of what you said. I also think you are overlooking the fact that Tony has "prep time" and he "modified" his suit for underwater combat. Tony has build suits to battle Hulk and Thor. Two characters who are far superior to Aqua Man. And Iron Man can easily kill any sea creature Aqua Man calls to his aid. And IM is far more experienced with using his battle suits than Aqua Man. AM will not have an easy time here at all.

I agree on the fact that IM is far more experienced at using a battle suit.This could count for something.But on the other hand Aquaman is far more experienced at fighting underwater, so that should level their inexperience levels.
The trident is quite powerful and it wouldn't be a far stretch to say that it can one shot IM if AM makes contact, which shouldn't be difficult given Orin's speed.
Plus he can control water, meaning the whole battlefield to his advantage.
And Tony's suit powerful as it mighty be it cannot possibly kill something as big as a small island easily (a Kraken-a creature AM has summoned before)
Now IM's best chance is prep time, but Orin has also the same time.
And I believe in this time it's more of a matter of strategy than actually time for Tony to build something new.And Orin is a great strategist also, I would say better than Tony.

This is why I say it is a stomp in AM's favor.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by comicfan11
I agree on the fact that IM is far more experienced at using a battle suit.This could count for something.But on the other hand Aquaman is far more experienced at fighting underwater, so that should level their inexperience levels.
The trident is quite powerful and it wouldn't be a far stretch to say that it can one shot IM if AM makes contact, which shouldn't be difficult given Orin's speed.
Plus he can control water, meaning the whole battlefield to his advantage.
And Tony's suit powerful as it mighty be it cannot possibly kill something as big as a small island easily (a Kraken-a creature AM has summoned before)
Now IM's best chance is prep time, but Orin has also the same time.
And I believe in this time it's more of a matter of strategy than actually time for Tony to build something new.And Orin is a great strategist also, I would say better than Tony.

This is why I say it is a stomp in AM's favor.
Have you read Civil War? Tony is capable of leading a team and I believe he would make more use of that prep time. For one, he's far more intelligent and he is also a great strategist/fighter, especially when it comes to building a battle suit to fight against much stronger foes. IM's suit was modified for underwater combat. He is capable of travailing at great speeds underwater as well. And there is also one huge factor that you are forgetting.... IM has prep time against a battle suit that he build.

comicfan11
Have you read Civil War? Tony is capable of leading a team and I believe he would make more use of that prep time. For one, he's far more intelligent and he is also a great strategist/fighter, especially when it comes to building a battle suit to fight against much stronger foes. IM's suit was modified for underwater combat. He is capable of travailing at great speeds underwater as well. And there is also one huge factor that you are forgetting.... IM has prep time against a battle suit that he build.

I have read Civil War.I also read Illuminati and the last Namor series and in both occasions Tony was pawned by Namor (well not pawned in the second case but still didn't look good). Just imagine Orin in his place. The difference is that AM will also have one incredibly powerful weapon in his possession that can cut IM like butter and that he is much faster than Namor (going by feats).
Again Tony is a good leader and fighter but AM is a warrior king used to leading armies and some times even the JLA to battle while he is on the frontlines. Furthermore if I'm not mistaken Tony only recently trained in H2H while AM has trained since day 1.
But i'll give Tony his due and say that with the prep time he can really mess a suit he built, but still AM for the heavy majority.
And u r also forgetting that AM could really mess IM with a whirlpool or a tidal wave or something, distract him and then KO him easily with the trident.
Check his respect thread I put some new scans.

Marvelknight
I got a feeling that you're a sock..... Because you sure know your way around this site, since you just joined today and all.

comicfan11
I got a feeling that you're a sock..... Because you sure know your way around this site, since you just joined today and all.

I don't know what sock means BUT I'll be honest and say that I have watched the threads of this forum along time before I decided to join and have some fun big grin big grin

Doctor-Alvis
Tony has build suits to battle Hulk and Thor. Two characters who are far superior to Aqua Man.
I thought Tony's suits to battle Hulk and Thor both failed.

Raoul
aquaman has too many advantages in this fight, imo... arthur ftw.

TricksterPriest
There's very little Tony can do to stop Aquaman from just crushing him with water pressure.......oh wait, this is the new gay Aquaman, isn't it?

Orin loses due to him being a shitty character. BRING BACK ARTHUR!

Arthur's water hand would wreck Tony.

Raoul
its the new aquaman? oh...

TricksterPriest
http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Orin_%28New_Earth%29

comicfan11
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
There's very little Tony can do to stop Aquaman from just crushing him with water pressure.......oh wait, this is the new gay Aquaman, isn't it?

Orin loses due to him being a shitty character. BRING BACK ARTHUR!

Arthur's water hand would wreck Tony.

Ehhmmm...
Orin is the atlantean name of Arthur...
The new crappy Aquaman is called Arthur Joseph.
And yes he would loose to IM.
But I thought this thread was about Orin-Arthur (the original Aquaman anyway) since it states AM gets his trident.
AJ just got the trident in a Superman/Batman issue but it's Orin's property after Poseidon gave it to him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.