What are your thoughts on Mayweather, Jr. retiring?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superboy Prime
If he doesn't feel the passion for the sport he once did then he might as well retire. Eventually someone hungry for fame and money will **** him up, but its a shame since he was in his prime IMO.

DigiMark007
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f71/t392133.html

srug

Caps Conscience
I Like the you made this in it's own thread because the topic can be discussed in his entirety. With that said, I think he is just taking a break from the sport.

Superboy Prime
i agree. But I'm afraid the break my become a liability. Not being active in-ring can be devastating.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
i agree. But I'm afraid the break my become a liability. Not being active in-ring can be devastating.

It can be, but floyd is young enough to where it shouldn't affect him too much. Plus, I'm sure that he will be sparring and working out durring the layoff. I think he is waiting to see who will become the king at 147 and then he will challenge them. Hopefully it's Miguel Cotto.

jaden101
"comeback" fights always get more money...go figure

Superboy Prime
I was really looking forward to Cotto vs Mayweather. I wonder if De la Hoya will keep running from Cotto.

BUSTER1
Its a shame if a fighter of Mayweather's quality retires. As much as I was willing Ricky Hatton to do him, i had to admit i was impressed with footage of him training b4 the fight-his speed and movement were incredible. He comes across as a prize knob, but i think that is down to both showmanship and funnily enough, insecurity. Ricky said, after the fight that the 2 could be friends. While Ricky comes from a close knit family and lives near his parents and still sees all his old mates, Mayweather comes from a largely dysfunctional family. Hatton recognizes this and probably found, that underneath Maywesther's arrogant exterior he probably ain't such a bad bloke.

guy222
I don't think Pretty Boy wanted to fight Cotto

Anyone can fight Chicken Man for Millions

Good luck Floyd. That Wrestlemania payoff was something

forumcrew
this is the second time he has retired and there will be at least a 3rd. He is too young, too good, and too attention hungry to hang it up for good.

Darth Creasy
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
If he doesn't feel the passion for the sport he once did then he might as well retire. Eventually someone hungry for fame and money will **** him up, but its a shame since he was in his prime IMO.

If he doesn't feel the passion for the sport anymore he should do what every other guy does after dominating a combat sport: train for MMA. Every since he ran his mouth about MMA fighters not being all that tough and only fighting for 15 minutes, every lil guy in the game has been calling him out.

Also, Floyd isn't stupid. Everybody eventually loses, and if he loses in a comeback fight after "retiring", at least he can say it was the layoff.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by Darth Creasy
If he doesn't feel the passion for the sport anymore he should do what every other guy does after dominating a combat sport: train for MMA. Every since he ran his mouth about MMA fighters not being all that tough and only fighting for 15 minutes, every lil guy in the game has been calling him out.

Also, Floyd isn't stupid. Everybody eventually loses, and if he loses in a comeback fight after "retiring", at least he can say it was the layoff.

PBF has no business in MMA and shouldn't go anywhere one of those guys. He ran his mouth but he isn't retarded. Floyd would get dominated by B level MMA guys and he is too pridefull to go out like that.

Corndog
He said he didn't have love for it anymore, which he might not love it the same as he used to but of course he is goin to come back.. And De la Hoya is retiring after his next bout and I'm pretty sure he will come back again..

Pablo G
I seriously doubt he's gone for good, I also think he ducked Cotto and Paul Williams.

peejayd
* should have waited Manny "Pac-Man" Pacquiao to defeat him first... it should have been a good match...

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Pablo G
I seriously doubt he's gone for good, I also think he ducked Cotto and Paul Williams.
Not to mention Margarito. If he wants to retire, f**k it, retire but dont say u r retire so u can start talking shit a few weeks later. Calling guys like Pacquiao, Cotto, Margarito, DLH "bums" is playing disrespectful. I dont mind trash talk before a fight but this is not the case. I dont think hes retired. Hes just "retired" for now while he stirs the pot and hoping to get a big pay check when he comes out of retirement in a few months. Wouldnt be nice if all the "bums" in the division avoid PBF when he comes out of retirement and by doing so denying hima big paycheck?

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=14831
http://www.boxingscene.com/index.php?m=show&id=14796
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=14801

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by peejayd
* should have waited Manny "Pac-Man" Pacquiao to defeat him first... it should have been a good match...

No it wouldn't.

peejayd
* it's a possibility... but now, it's not because Mayweather retired...

Caps Conscience
* it's a possibility... but now, it's not because Mayweather retired...

PBF will come back, but he would school Manny Pacquiao. It wouldn't be a close fight at all.

peejayd
* we'll never know... it might be the other way around...

Caps Conscience
* we'll never know... it might be the other way around...

The only way Manny beats PBF is if Floyd some how gets a stomach virus the night of the fight. Floyd is too skilled, big, and fast for Manny. It isn't a fair fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.