Current Thor w/PG vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Great Galen
This is sort of a rematch I suppose, anyhow Thor is at his current powerset with the powergem agaisnt Thanos at his peak. Who takes it?

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Great Galen
This is sort of a rematch I suppose, anyhow Thor is at his current powerset with the powergem agaisnt Thanos at his peak. Who takes it? Thanos still wins.

Harbinger
Current Thor= RKT?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Harbinger
Current Thor= RKT? No current Thor is not RKThor. Not even close.

Harbinger
Originally posted by quanchi112
No current Thor is not RKThor. Not even close.
Thanks.

The Great Galen
Current thor has the odinforce though, he might not be at his RKT level but hes still a beast.

comicfan11
Current Thor that beat Destroyer and recreated Asgard WITH the pg is overkill against Thanos IMO

quanchi112
Current thor has the odinforce though, he might not be at his RKT level but hes still a beast. Its called the Thorforce now.

He doesnt have feats that prove he is better or on Odins level so far.

guy222
Thor

Ouallada
Originally posted by guy222
Thor

lannfear
Not to sure of current thor's power level......if its equal to or better than his old man, than i would say he could win majority...if not than thanos ftw... while thanos may or may not have physical power to run with thor...he sure does have the smarts to overcome it.....

cheers
eek!

Batman-Prime
Thor

~The Wickerman~
Its called the Thorforce now.

Jesus that sounds so retarded...Logically, I would say Thor but I agree with Quan, can't go on hype alone, need some current Thor feats.

llagrok
Originally posted by guy222
Thor

nimbus006
Thor at his current "King Thor" power level + the power gem backing him.

I'm gonna say Thor 9/10.

Giving Thanos a win because I never count him completely out of any fight.

celestialdemon
Thor wins

D-Block
Thor with the PG wins

Current Thor without the PG vs Thanos would be a battle to see.

psycho gundam
thor 6-7/10

thanos is a clever bastard and powerful as ever, but thor is packing a lot more power in this fight. thanos WILL be able to remove the gem a couple times making it a thor/thanos fight but the majority goes to thor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Jesus that sounds so retarded...Logically, I would say Thor but I agree with Quan, can't go on hype alone, need some current Thor feats. Exactly. Thanos was also upgraded since he took on power gem Thor the last time.

~The Wickerman~
Exactly. Thanos was also upgraded since he took on power gem Thor the last time.

thumb up

We should take into consideration Thor was acting like a complete idiot back then though so it cannot be argued he could use the full abilities of the gem then, while now having matured and having gained a crapload of wisdom and such he might make muuuch better usage of the power gem (assuming he doesn't have another hissy fit).

quanchi112
thumb up

We should take into consideration Thor was acting like a complete idiot back then though so it cannot be argued he could use the full abilities of the gem then, while now having matured and having gained a crapload of wisdom and such he might make muuuch better usage of the power gem (assuming he doesn't have another hissy fit). I can agree with this. He also isnt going nuts like he was when he had the power gem. But I think Thanos still encases him in energy block. Thor hasnt proven he can do what Odin has been capable of doing thus far anyways.

Mr Master

Thanos was also upgraded since he took on power gem Thor the last time.
thumb up ... True that.

Darth Creasy
Tough one...Thanos is my favorite fictional character in any medium but Thor is a beast since inheriting the Odinforce, now the Thorforce. What he did to Desak...

And when did Marvel state he no longer has the knowledge/magic of the Runes? Anyway,if we're talking about Thanos just prior to Drax killing him, Thor loses a majority w/o the Runes. Even w/runes it not as lopsided as people think, but Thor probably takes a majority.

The Great Galen
I highly doubt Thanos will incase him in a containment block, this isn't the same idiot Thor that couldnt even for proper setences.

llagrok
How long was Thanos able to incase Odin? Oh yes, a second!

Thor is already around Odin's level, which is more than Thanos can handle. Giving him the Power Gem makes this spite.

Darth Creasy
True, Thor is roughly around Odin's power level, maybe even more powerful since it's never been stated he lost the knowledge/magic of the Runes. But Odin had thousands of years experience using it. So I'm not so certain he could handle Thanos in the same fashion as Odin did.

I can't f*****g wait till we see Thanos again...he'll be an abstract entity/aspect of Death. Beyond skyfathers...

llagrok
Thor is a natural with the odinforce, whenever he had it, he accomplished feats beyond Odin. Such as defeating Surtur.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Darth Creasy
True, Thor is roughly around Odin's power level, maybe even more powerful since it's never been stated he lost the knowledge/magic of the Runes. But Odin had thousands of years experience using it. So I'm not so certain he could handle Thanos in the same fashion as Odin did.

I can't f*****g wait till we see Thanos again...he'll be an abstract entity/aspect of Death. Beyond skyfathers...

When that happens, Ill quit reading comics forever.

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
How long was Thanos able to incase Odin? Oh yes, a second!

Thor is already around Odin's level, which is more than Thanos can handle. Giving him the Power Gem makes this spite. Current Thor doesnt have the feats to make the claim he is Odin level now with the Thor force. Thanos with the upgrade pwns him in energy block. Odin could get out of it but not Thor imo. Thor had limitless power backing him up and still couldnt get out of it.

quanchi112
When that happens, Ill quit reading comics forever. Sounds like someone really despises Thanos.

Ouallada

It was heavily hinted during the Annihilation run that you may very well not be reading comics anymore soon.

Nihilist

you dont read them anyway do you.

CaptainStoic
Thor with complete mastery of the Power Gem, coupled with power that alone dropped the Destroyer.... hmmm.

Does anyone have any scans of Thanos fighting Thor without the Thor Force or while in possession of the Power Gem?

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Nihilist
you dont read them anyway do you.

I do actually, pretty big geek when it comes to comics/wrestling/MMA/Video games so yeah I do keep up. Just that Thanos has always bothered me since day one.....there is just no way SS should be jobbing to him like he's been doing his whole career. In fact SS losing to Thanos is about as bad as Supes beating DS.

h1a8
I hate these PG threads. The PG does nothing, not even in the forum fights. Take away the PG and the result of these forum fights is still the same. Character A wins, draws, or loses to character B regardless of who has the PG.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Thor with complete mastery of the Power Gem, coupled with power that alone dropped the Destroyer.... hmmm.

Does anyone have any scans of Thanos fighting Thor without the Thor Force or while in possession of the Power Gem?

Check the Thanos respect thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t356352.html

Ouallada
Originally posted by h1a8
I hate these hia8 posts. H1a8 does nothing, not even in the forum debates. Take away H1a8 and the result of these forum fights is still the same. Character A wins, draws, or loses to character B regardless of who h1a8 supports.

A lot more logical now.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Ouallada
A lot more logical now.

He was actually right. Either of the gems is next to useless in the hands of someone who doesn't know how or doesn't have the will to properly use its powers. If someone came up to you and gave you the reality gem you'd either not know how to use it or end up sneezing and facking up reality.

Unless the OP says "With full knowledge of how it works and so on" I will have to come to my own conclusion on how proficient the gem user can be and how much of a difference it would make.

Ouallada
There is a BIG difference between not using the PG optimally and saying that it does nothing. Whether or not you believe that anyone has come close to using the PG optimally, saying that all it does is look pretty simply shows that you are a few rounds short of a full clip.

Knowsbleed33
::Puts his money on the Mad Titan.::

nimbus006
He was actually right. Either of the gems is next to useless in the hands of someone who doesn't know how or doesn't have the will to properly use its powers. If someone came up to you and gave you the reality gem you'd either not know how to use it or end up sneezing and facking up reality.

Unless the OP says "With full knowledge of how it works and so on" I will have to come to my own conclusion on how proficient the gem user can be and how much of a difference it would make.

First off, no human can compare to the Lord of Asgard, and quite frankly, the reality gem is a whole different animal.

Secondly, the power gem backs the other gems with unlimited power. Meaning it doesn't really have a specific function other than granting unlimited power to the user/gems. Thus, even if the user had no working knowledge of the pg, he would still benefit somewhat from its use, albeit not as much.

To say the power gem offers no assistance to the user is a little ignorant, and considering Thor does have the "will and knowledge" to use them, such a claim is irrelevant, and ultimately incorrect.

h1a8
The PG does nothing. Just look at all the threads with the PG and the same ones without the PG.

Phantom Zone
The PG does nothing. Just look at all the threads with the PG and the same ones without the PG.

Oh ****. haermm Godammit you suck.

Ouallada
H1a8 does nothing. Just look at all the threads with h1a8 and the same ones without h1a8 .

Silliness abounds.

llagrok
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
::Puts his money on the Mad Titan.::

*Takes money*

quanchi112
The PG does nothing. Just look at all the threads with the PG and the same ones without the PG. See if you want to be taken seriously you have to quit posting like this. People have shown you over and over what the pg brings to the table. You read the power gem Thor scans before and you continue to ignore it. Ignorance.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mr Master
thumb up ... True that. Thank you. People tend to forget about that dont they.

Originally posted by Nihilist
you dont read them anyway do you. I had the same thought. Snicker.

I do actually, pretty big geek when it comes to comics/wrestling/MMA/Video games so yeah I do keep up. Just that Thanos has always bothered me since day one.....there is just no way SS should be jobbing to him like he's been doing his whole career. In fact SS losing to Thanos is about as bad as Supes beating DS. At least you admit you dislike Thanos although we all pretty much knew it. No matter how much you dislike something you cant disregard it. Thanos rapes the Surfer. He has done much better against common opponents for instance Odin and Tyrant than the Surfer has.

Superman has beaten or stalemated Darkseid byat least three or four different writers meaning its the majority's opinion over at dc.

Unless the OP says "With full knowledge of how it works and so on" I will have to come to my own conclusion on how proficient the gem user can be and how much of a difference it would make. But the point is Thor was tapping into the gem and using it. It may be useless in another characters possession but not in Thors. Did you read blood and thunder?

rotiart
Current thor has the odinforce though, he might not be at his RKT level but hes still a beast.

Technically i think its called the thorforce now...

in thors dream odin referred to the odinsleep as the thorsleep... which i thought was , i think issue #8, or whatever \

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.