Doom 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Highlord
Been ages since I was on a forum.. just so happend I dropped by here first hah! and I saw no thread about Doom 4 so I thought I might as well make one.

Well id recently announced that they would start working on the next installent in the Doom series, somehow that always gets me in a very good mood, I guess I just have a thing for the first one.

This from their site.

Now the big question is, will it manage to do what Doom 3 somewhat failed to do? will it recapture some of that magic from the first?

I do not know... But I refuse to belive they think it was so smart to go fully horror on the fans with Doom 3, so im keeping my hopes up for a adrenaline rush action shooter rather then a "flash light shooter"

I would like to see a more story-line oriented game, in this day and age it is somewhat demanded that we know what the hell is going on.

Needless to say features such as co-op and perhaps a deeper online system would be neat to have, what COD4 did was just great.

Doom 3 MP was just well Doom 3 all over again, small and narrow hallways and stuff.

Doom 4 will hopefully change that as id has a great new engine ready, id Tech 5 game engine, it looks great and it allows for huge outdoor open areas, could be very neat.

Doom 4 may also be a remake of Doom 2 which takes place on earth, so city fighting and the likes are to be exspected.

For those intrested in the new engine here is a tech demo.

id Tech 5 Game Engine

I will keep this thread updated as more information is released, for now we will most likely have to wait until QuakeCon 2008 for more news, QuakeCon 2008 will be held late July/early August.

What are your hopes and exspectations for Doom 4?

Superboy Prime
HELLS YEAH!

Dark-Jaxx
Cool as shit.

ragesRemorse
wow, the character model looks like what i have been expecting all along from ps3, xbox 360 and pc.

WrathfulDwarf
It's one of the many rumors for E3 2008.

(that reminds me I gotta bump the thread up)

ESB -1138
When is E3 08? Oh and awesome! Doom 4!!!

Smasandian
Doom 4 will probably not be at E3 because ID Software left the ESA, which runs E3.

I'm hoping for another Doom 3, but done alot better. I'm not a big fan of quick paced shooters like Serious Sam, or Painkiller, while Im a huge fan of atmospheric shooters like Half Life and such.

I really liked Doom 3, but it could be improved with better level design. That was the only problem I had.

Neo Darkhalen
Doom 4?! sold...there just needs to be a few improvements.

Smasandian
Better level design is probably the biggest problem it had.

I actually liked the story though. It was simple, but it did its job.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.