Age of Conan - Hyborian Adventures

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpikeSpiegel
Does anyone else play this? I picked it up on release date last month, but have only just been able to play it with the arrival of my new PC. I've got to say I'm pleasently suprised. I knew a guy who was in the beta and he said it wasn't particually good, and several websites have reported numerous bugs in the game. But so far the combat's been fun, the quests have been interesting, the set-up of having the first 20 or so levels be single player to introduce the character to the game and slowly intergrate them into the multiplayer aspect of the world is well thought out, the fatalities keep the combat fresh, and the world seems to reflect what I've read of Robert E. Howard's stories. So far the only bug I've found is the occasional "invisible step" which acts like an invisible wall, but must be leapt over.

I've also heard that the later levels have the quests start to run out, but I'm not planning on reaching that far for quite a while anyway, so by then it should be patched/expanded to include more for high level players to do.

ragesRemorse
can u play it on mac

Morridini
After having played WoW to death I decided to have a look at AoC. I followed development for quite some time (after all, Norwegian made games are rare), but because of exams etc I didn't go around buying it (and now my comp is to the repairs as well).

However a few of my friends bought it, and they seem to be loosing interest, thy are all about lvl 20, one of them is returning to WoW. I've tried their accounts a bit, and the game was definitely decent, combat was a lot more fun then usual. It just lacked that extra little something that is needed to pull me in, WoW had it (maybe because it was my first MMO), but AoC don't.

ragesRemorse
i didnt think the MMO portion started until you completed 20 levels

Plutonic_Hat90
I've kind of been on and off of WoW for a while now. If they updated the graphics so I could actually make use of my new XPS then that would be just fantastic. But yeah, apparently a lot of this game is instanced, so I don't know if I want to get it yet or not. plus in the long run, I know this will just waste away countless hours of my life. decisions, decisions.

SpaceMonkey
Tha crafting and resource collecting in AoC sucks. So far the game with the best system for that has been WoW.

Spartan005
I heard from a few friends that this game is a big pile of shit.

Of course then again, they've been addicted to WoW for the past 4 years so their opinions are probably slightly biased.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Morridini
After having played WoW to death I decided to have a look at AoC. I followed development for quite some time (after all, Norwegian made games are rare), but because of exams etc I didn't go around buying it (and now my comp is to the repairs as well).

However a few of my friends bought it, and they seem to be loosing interest, thy are all about lvl 20, one of them is returning to WoW. I've tried their accounts a bit, and the game was definitely decent, combat was a lot more fun then usual. It just lacked that extra little something that is needed to pull me in, WoW had it (maybe because it was my first MMO), but AoC don't.

if they quit at lvl 20 they so nothing but the first town which is basically an extended tutorial.

The crafting does still need work but WoW has far from the best for crafting and harvesting unless by best you mean easy and simple.

vanguard, with all its failures actually had prolly the best crafting of any recent MMO it was far more in depth and actually required a lot of crafting specific skills rather than just being a small side thing you did occasionally.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.