Dead or Alive: Code Chronos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB -1138
In a July 2006 interview with Play Magazine, Itagaki stated that Code Chronos will in fact be a prequel to the Dead or Alive series and will relay the story of characters Ayane and Kasumi before the first tournament. Sadly, this game is very unlikely to be completed and released to the general public. Itagaki, the lead designer, is currently suing Tecmo for unpaid royalties and some harsh words from the companies president. On July 1st, 2008, he will have officially quit Tecmo and leave behind the Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive series.

But I doubt Tecmo would allow their golden series to die. That would be like Sega giving up on Sonic because Yuji Naka left (which may have been a good thing since Sonic Unleashed is looking uber cool). Any who it is going to be released (if it does) for the Xbox 360.

StyleTime
It's hard to predict the future of Code Chronos specifically, but I doubt Dead or Alive as a series will die. Team Ninja has not been disbanded. Tecmo still owns the rights to the games and I believe they actually issued a statement saying that new games were in the planning phases for both DOA and the games related to that universe, such as Ninja Gaiden.

It probably will be the end of the Dead or Alive that we've come to know though.

ESB -1138
Depends on who takes the wheel. If it's someone that just wants to throw game after game of the same crap then yeah it is...but if it's someone that will take the time to make each game as good as it can be like Itagaki did then I may look forward to more Team Ninja games.

ThoraxeRMG
Oh well, I guess the series goes to hell then. We can still enjoy Dead Or Alive 4, while the fun still lasts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.