World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
As a fan of zombie movies, I am looking forward to this one. My friend read the book and said it was excellent. I'll be picking it up soon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/ (2010)

The Book:

"Taking place in the 2010s, the book charts a war against the undead from global pandemic to mass panic, and then to an armed struggle to reclaim the planet. Rather than a grand overview or a single perspective, World War Z is instead a collection of individual accounts, each revealing an aspect of the larger plot and simultaneously presenting a very personal tale. These different accounts take the form of interviews."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_war_z

Röland
The book is definitely an excellent read.

I'm really looking forward to this movie too. thumb up

celestialdemon
I agree. This is the first time I've read or seen a zombie story that really affected everyone, not just a small band of people. It even talks about how it affected astronauts on the space station. Excellent book, but it's gonna be difficult to make into a movie.

SpaceMonkey
I'm getting hyped for this movie.

Robtard
Originally posted by celestialdemon
I agree. This is the first time I've read or seen a zombie story that really affected everyone, not just a small band of people. It even talks about how it affected astronauts on the space station. Excellent book, but it's gonna be difficult to make into a movie.

Don't think it will be all that hard, the book is a collection of short stories, with many of them having some degree of connection(as you know). They could fit the majority of those stories into a 2-hour film.

The question is , which stories to leave out, condense into snips and/or condense and join, as a vital connection could be lost in the overall story if done incorrectly.

MildPossession
I've just started the first part of this book, have read the Survival guide from the author, so now must read this one before the film comes out.

Scythe
I'm very eager myself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.