Batman with gladiator powers vs superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Batman is endowed with gladiator powers. He gets a year to get use to his new powers.

jalek moye
does he get his tech or prep. and is it instantly or is he able to play around with the abilities for bit to get the feel

carver9
I fixed the above, reread it.

Juk3n
same result as if Kallark himself was vs superman-he gets hit by the man of steel, realizes that he MIGHT loose - confidence falls...end.

k thanx buhbai!

carver9
Originally posted by Juk3n
same result as if Kallark himself was vs superman-he gets hit by the man of steel, realizes that he MIGHT loose - confidence falls...end.

k thanx buhbai!

Stormbreaker

k thanx buhbai! No.

Faceman
Originally posted by carver9
Batman is endowed with gladiator powers. He gets a year to get use to his new powers.

1. Gladiator is no Superman.

2. Superman has had more than a year to get used to his powers...

carver9

k thanx buhbai!

I dont think that trick would work against regular gladiator and I sure as hell dont think it would work against batman who has gladiator powers.

Gladiator 7/10 against superman
Batman with gladiator powers 10/10 against superman.

You do know that gladiator starts off just as strong as superman but when his confidence is fulled he has the ability to reach pushing planets level. You do know that gladiator was in the heart of a blast that was stated as having the ability to destroy a solar system. You do know that kallark was clocked at going 100 times the speed of light and also clocked at going warp speed.

Badabing

k thanx buhbai! Yeah, because Batman lacks confidence. crylaugh

carver9
Originally posted by Faceman
1. Gladiator is no Superman.

2. Superman has had more than a year to get used to his powers...

I think kallark is pretty much better then superman since he does have the ability to amp his already superman abilities. And plus gladiator has been trained since birth on how to be one of the greatest warriors on his planet.

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
Yeah, because Batman lacks confidence. crylaugh

I know, I kinda laughed at that response myself.

Badabing
You do know that kallark was clocked at going 100 times the speed of light and also clocked at going warp speed. Anything over C is warp speed. Don't make me Dur you! uhuh

stick out tongue
I know, I kinda laughed at that response myself. Batman squares off with Supes when he has a tiny green rock. Given Glad's powers is overkill.

Galan007
and also clocked at going warp speed. cartman

wtf 'clocked' him?

Juk3n
Yeah, because Batman lacks confidence. crylaugh

If he hits supes and supes doesnt even flinch..then its brown trousers time. Anyone fighting a full on Supes is going to have doubts. Not an on-panel half job Supes - a KMC forum VS Supes - the type of Supes that would cause many a foe to doubt themselves, just how i see Ballark doing. Afterall, how many times has Batman had to fight a FULL potential Superman? you can bet your arse he wakes up everyday thanking The Supreme being that he doesnt!

its just an opinion, so keep your God damn cry laugh...

nevermind.

Faceman
I think kallark is pretty much better then superman since he does have the ability to amp his already superman abilities. And plus gladiator has been trained since birth on how to be one of the greatest warriors on his planet.

Well I think Superman is out of Gladiators league. Luckily I have hundreds of scans that show the proof. The problem with Gladiator is that he's lost big fights. And his on panel feat can never compare to Supermans on panel feats.
Which leads me to the conclusion that Superman is the better of the two, and would take a majority. Now I don't disagree that Gladiator has the power set to battle Supes, but just not for a win......

horrorwolf
eek! laughing laughing laughing

Batman takes this 10/10

You dont give someone like Bruce Wayne Superman like powers..lol
1. Batman would not lose confidence regardless of what Superman does, he knows him too well. He is one of the biggest mainipulators in comics.
2. Batman can take out Superman with nothing but prep time.
3. This is a huge Spite thread. laughing out loud

Faceman
Originally posted by Galan007
cartman

wtf 'clocked' him?

Some device Richards had..

Galan007
Batman squares off with Supes when he has a tiny green rock. Given Glad's powers is overkill. What makes you think Batman has K-nite just laying around??

Ohh yeah: http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/526/sb049024bo7.jpg

haw-som.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by horrorwolf

Batman takes this 10/10

1. Batman would not lose confidence regardless of what Superman does, he knows him too well. He is one of the biggest mainipulators in comics.

Faceman

Batman takes this 10/10

The thread starter never said he gets one year prep time to battle Supes. He said Batman gets one year prep time to get used to his powers.

horrorwolf
The thread starter never said he gets one year prep time to battle Supes. He said Batman gets one year prep time to get used to his powers.

I know that. Point being Wayne can take Supes out with nothing more than prep.

With a full year of Glad's powers under his belt, He is likely to know as much about them as Kallark does, only he knows more about Superman than almost anyone.

Batman FTW 10/10

Faceman

With a full year of Glad's powers under his belt, He is likely to know as much about them as Kallark does, only he knows more about Superman than almost anyone.

Batman FTW 10/10

Again, Gladiator is not on Supermans level. And It's not like Batman is going to be carrying around kryptonite on him..And Superman knows Batman as well, it works both ways...

horrorwolf
Again, Gladiator is not on Supermans level. And It's not like Batman is going to be carrying around kryptonite on him..And Superman knows Batman as well, it works both ways...

No he doesnt, Superman knows what Wayne allows him to know. Also Clark Kent is neither a tactician, nor a manipulator anywhere near the level of Bruce Wayne.

carver9
If he hits supes and supes doesnt even flinch..then its brown trousers time. Anyone fighting a full on Supes is going to have doubts. Not an on-panel half job Supes - a KMC forum VS Supes - the type of Supes that would cause many a foe to doubt themselves, just how i see Ballark doing. Afterall, how many times has Batman had to fight a FULL potential Superman? you can bet your arse he wakes up everyday thanking The Supreme being that he doesnt!

nevermind.

So youre telling me that if superman was hit by the same punches that destroyed a planet, or the punch that gladiator was going to use when he said that he was going to punch cannonball from earth to the center of the sun superman wouldnt register it. Well why when hawkman hit superman with a punch that was stated as being hit by a planet did superman pass out? HMMMM confused

carver9
Well I think Superman is out of Gladiators league. Luckily I have hundreds of scans that show the proof. The problem with Gladiator is that he's lost big fights. And his on panel feat can never compare to Supermans on panel feats.
Which leads me to the conclusion that Superman is the better of the two, and would take a majority. Now I don't disagree that Gladiator has the power set to battle Supes, but just not for a win......

Well gladiator is a villian and superman is a hero so his win and loses will always be better then gladiator. Happy Dance

If we were to do it like that then wwh can beat everyone since he has no loses under his belt.

Show me superman crushing a planet with mere strength or actually being CLOCKED at 100 times the speed of light, or superman being INSIDE not outside of a solar system blast (I already know what scan your going to put up but he wasnt inside of it, he just felt the shock wave). Or actually hitting something and the narrator say that he is hitting it at 99% the speed of light. Or walking through titanium like its water.

horrorwolf
So youre telling me that if superman was hit by the same punches that destroyed a planet, or the punch that gladiator was going to use when he said that he was going to punch cannonball from earth to the center of the sun superman wouldnt register it. Well why when hawkman hit superman with a punch that was stated as being hit by a planet did superman pass out? HMMMM confused

sad A full year of Batman learning Glad's powers is bad enough. Batman (as is) is a pretty beyond-confident fellow as a powerless but vastly trained, peak-conditioned human...much less allowing him to fully experiment having Kallark type powers for a full year.

Thats actually a pretty scary thought the more you think about it actually. Do you know how much stored info he actually has on the entire JLA?

Stormbreaker
I had the same question.

carver9
Anything over C is warp speed. Don't make me Dur you! uhuh

stick out tongue
Batman squares off with Supes when he has a tiny green rock. Given Glad's powers is overkill.

I made a mistake, my bad.

Badabing
I made a mistake, my bad. I know, twas a jest. durfist

Faceman
No he doesnt, Superman knows what Wayne allows him to know. Also Clark Kent is neither a tactician, nor a manipulator anywhere near the level of Bruce Wayne.

Personally Regular Gladiator would give Superman a better fight. Batman would never go for the kill, and Gladiator would. So Batman is not going to give the same effort Gladiator would.
This is actually a downgrade for gladiator , who is an expert tactician himself and has had better training then Batman.

carver9

Two different opinions because my opinion gladiator>superman>wonderwoman>supergirl>hyperion. But again we all have our different opinions.

carver9
I know, twas a jest. durfist

laughing Happy Dance

horrorwolf
Batman would never go for the kill, and Gladiator would. So Batman is not going to give the same effort Gladiator would.
This is actually a downgrade for gladiator , who is an expert tactician himself and has had better training then Batman.

embarrasment ...........................oh reaaallllyy...

carver9
Personally Regular Gladiator would give Superman a better fight. Batman would never go for the kill, and Gladiator would. So Batman is not going to give the same effort Gladiator would.

He dont have to kill him, thats all he has to do is repeat the process that konvikt, titus, kalibak, darksied, despero, etc... have done and just knock him out. The one thing that you fail to realize is that the more confindent batman is in this fight the stronger his stats KEEPS increasing (stated by reed and proffessor x) and batman in his human form is already a confident s/o/b. Given gladiator powers, he would think he's god.

carnage52

nevermind.

carver9

He dont need prep, he has gladiator powers, thats prep enough. Batman powered by a city almost killed superman, imagine what a batman with gladiator powers would do. Batman with black rock knocked the breath from superman, imagine what would happen if batglad punched superman with a planet destroying punch.

carver9
Originally posted by carnage52

laughing

psycho gundam
about gladiator.

gladiator (kallark) was created to be the marvel version
of superman/superboy since the imperial guard is modeled after the legion of superheroes. the date of his creation was before the first crisis (gladiator 1977, crisis on infinite earths 1985)so gladiator is based off of pre-crisis superman/superboy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

batman HAS defeated superman before in a future time-line using his knowledge of superman's physiology to his advantage. i guess in this case the synthetic krytptonite won't be used or the suit of armour but
it shows that batman is capable of applying his knowledge of kryptonian physiology to beat one.

now, with the powers of a rivaling species, batman should have no problem defeating superman because the total increase in power he got should negate the need for kryptonite entirely because batman's fighting skills trump superman's by a large magnitude.

batman in an humiliating stomp. 10/10.

BruceSkywalker

Batman FTW 10/10

sad A full year of Batman learning Glad's powers is bad enough. Batman (as is) is a pretty beyond-confident fellow as a powerless but vastly trained, peak-conditioned human...much less allowing him to fully experiment having Kallark type powers for a full year.

Thats actually a pretty scary thought the more you think about it actually. Do you know how much stored info he actually has on the entire JLA?

I had the same thoughts

psycho gundam
it doesn't take any brain power to figure this out, with the boost batman is equal to superman so it comes to who is the better fighter? batman will school superman then put him down.

after all, he IS the anti-superman plan.

occultdestroyer
Adding any amp to Batman is like turning him into a GOD.
The guy's in physical, emotional, and mental peak.
Besides, Superman doesn't have the 'brains' to take on even a non-amped Batman.

What makes you think a Gladiator-boosted Batman will lose this fight, if any chance?? And you give the guy 1 year? 1 YEAR!

rolling on floor laughing

Badabing
Given gladiator powers, he would think he's god. He already is the Bat-god! uhuh
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Untitled-Scanned-01-13.jpg

Seriously, this is what Bats is capable of when sufficiently amped.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Untitled-Scanned-01-5.jpg
Oops, he's only invisible there. embarrasment

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/sb3-12.jpg
Darn, he's just bad ass there.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Batmanvs.jpg
And there also, hmm.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Untitled-Scanned-01-37.jpg
There we go. biscuits

horrorwolf
He already is the Bat-god! uhuh
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Untitled-Scanned-01-13.jpg

Seriously, this is what Bats is capable of when sufficiently amped.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Untitled-Scanned-01-5.jpg
Oops, he's only invisible there. embarrasment

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/sb3-12.jpg
Darn, he's just bad ass there.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Batmanvs.jpg
And there also, hmm.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Untitled-Scanned-01-37.jpg
There we go. biscuits

says its all.

Grinning Goku
says its all.

You really hate Superman don't you?

Allankles
Originally posted by Grinning Goku

It seems that way.

There's a lot more that goes into winning a fight than having nifty skills. Let's not forget that Superman actually has centuries worth of training form Asgard, ancient Kryptonian martial arts (which he's used to beat Batman when he was depowered), amazonian training from Diana, earth based martial arts including some training from Batman himself. Training from Mongul. And he has super photographic memory to ensure that all those skills are a permanent part of his arsenal.

I mean when it comes to actual skills in combat Superman has plenty of it, the writers generally bring them out when Superman loses powers and has to duel.

Beyond that we can't ignore experience, Superman has had decades to get used to his powers, beyond that he's duked it out with people on his physical level and beyond and has pulled out some hard fought victories with these Super beings. Batman is used to fighting at a regular humans level (ignoring pis feats of course), fighting with superhumans on their terms is an entirely different proposition.

Let's not forget that WW has more combat experience and skill than Bruce and still gets rocked by super beings, that's a clear indication that fights at that level are very different.

It would be a good fight, but I'd expect Superman's experience at grinding out victories in deadly encounters with top tiers to see him through.

carver9
Originally posted by Allankles
It seems that way.

There's a lot more that goes into winning a fight than having nifty skills. Let's not forget that Superman actually has centuries worth of training form Asgard, ancient Kryptonian martial arts (which he's used to beat Batman when he was depowered), amazonian training from Diana, earth based martial arts including some training from Batman himself. Training from Mongul. And he has super photographic memory to ensure that all those skills are a permanent part of his arsenal.

I mean when it comes to actual skills in combat Superman has plenty of it, the writers generally bring them out when Superman loses powers and has to duel.

Beyond that we can't ignore experience, Superman has had decades to get used to his powers, beyond that he's duked it out with people on his physical level and beyond and has pulled out some hard fought victories with these Super beings. Batman is used to fighting at a regular humans level (ignoring pis feats of course), fighting with superhumans on their terms is an entirely different proposition.

Let's not forget that WW has more combat experience and skill than Bruce and still gets rocked by super beings, that's a clear indication that fights at that level are very different.

It would be a good fight, but I'd expect Superman's experience at grinding out victories in deadly encounters with top tiers to see him through.

Who do you think can beat superman.

horrorwolf

Not at all, Im a Superman fan, just not fanBOY.

Superman is not taking out Bruce Wayne....especially a Batman who has mastered Gladiators powerset for a year.

Batman is far too resourceful for the boyscout.

Grinning Goku
Not at all, Im a Superman fan, just not fanBOY.

Superman is not taking out Bruce Wayne....especially a Batman who has mastered Gladiators powerset for a year.

Batman is far too resourceful for the boyscout.

Then why make a thread in the first place?

horrorwolf
Then why make a thread in the first place?

1. I didnt make this thread.

2. I thought it was borderline spite myself....since I think its highly unlikely that Superman could win vs Batman with nothing but prep as is. IMO adding Gladiator's powerset is overkill.

Grinning Goku
1. I didnt make this thread.

2. I thought it was borderline spite myself....since I think its highly unlikely that Superman could win vs Batman with nothing but prep as is.

My bad. I looked on page 2 and thought it was page 1. Well I know for sure carver hates Superman like hemorrhoids.

carver9
My bad. I looked on page 2 and thought it was page 1. Well I know for sure carver hates Superman like hemorrhoids.

I dont hate superman, I just dont agree with everything that you all say about his speed. You might as well say that I hate wonderwoman and martian manhunter because the same arguments that I used against superman I use it against them also because I know for a fact that all 3 (well 4 if you add supergirl) fight like a brick and all would lose to either hulk, juggernaut, doomsday, konvikt, etc... because they always resort to h2h which would be there down fall.

Grinning Goku
I dont hate superman, I just dont agree with everything that you all say about his speed. You might as well say that I hate wonderwoman and martian manhunter because the same arguments that I used against superman I use it against them also because I know for a fact that all 3 (well 4 if you add supergirl) fight like a brick and all would lose to either hulk, juggernaut, doomsday, konvikt, etc... because they always resort to h2h which would be there down fall.

That's how they fight in the comics. Comics need to be interesting. Superman needs to get hit by his opponents, hence the difficulties many Flash writers have when weaving storylines. Super-speed characters are hard to write, bricks like the Hulk and Thing aren't as challenging since they don't possess the level of speed the Flash, Super WW and MM do. In a no holds barred match, Superman, Flash or WW would own IMHO.

carver9
That's how they fight in the comics. Comics need to be interesting. Superman needs to get hit by his opponents, hence the difficulties many Flash writers have when weaving storylines. Super-speed characters are hard to write, bricks like the Hulk and Thing aren't as challenging since they don't possess the level of speed the Flash, Super WW and MM do. In a no holds barred match, Superman, Flash or WW would own IMHO.

I agree with flash since he used his combat speed in all of his fight, ALL of his fights but its not common for gladiator, superman, wonderwoman, super girl, martian manhunter, sentry, etc.. to use this against there opponents because majority of the time they are getting abused and ambushed by top tier bricks. Flash is well versed at using his combat speed, along with zoom and others but when it come to people that has numerous of powers at there disposal they get so use to using there other exotic powers that they basically never got the chance to master the combat speed that they could have. Example, wolverine know every martial art on the planet but since he has that amazing healing factor, that lead to him getting either stalemated or taking some loses against fighters that isnt on his level. Sabertooth is a excellent fighter and know almost every fighting style that there is to know but due to his healing factor and other powers he basically fights like a brute because he dont have to display his ability thats all he need to do is get a quick slash in with his claws.

CaptainStoic
I know, twas a jest. durfist

I see you still used the Dur!

Allankles
Who do you think can beat superman.

Plenty of people.

Just not Batman. Batman wouldn't be anymore skillful than Gladiator. As I've said, mentioning Batman's skills is irrelevant since combat skills are a given for many a top tier, Superman, Gladiator, WW included. There's nothing Batman is adding to Gladiator except maybe a bit more creativity, but Superman has had plenty more time to experiment on his powers so ultimately there's nothing in Glad's body that's surprising him, not to mention that Glads doesn't share big blue's super senses.

Batman to me is a clearly overrated character. Everything he knows or does especially combat wise can be replicated by a lot of people, including Supes who's beaten him when they fought on the same terms - no power - it's just that for other characters they wouldn't be as hyped.

Batman's feats are hyped because he's a regular mortal not because they can't be replicated by other characters. Even his intelligence is just a cover for his condition - a regular human trapped among super beings, otherwise why would he be important to his team mates?

There's plenty of intelligence there (JL) without Batman, he just has to have an implied edge in the brains department to compensate, all this clearly forgetting that one of Superman's early traits was his great intellect.

carver9
Plenty of people.

Just not Batman. Batman wouldn't be anymore skillful than Gladiator. As I've said, mentioning Batman's skills is irrelevant since combat skills are a given for many a top tier, Superman, Gladiator, WW included. There's nothing Batman is adding to Gladiator except maybe a bit more creativity, but Superman has had plenty more time to experiment on his powers so ultimately there's nothing in Glad's body that's surprising him, not to mention that Glads doesn't share big blue's super senses.

Batman to me is a clearly overrated character. Everything he knows or does especially combat wise can be replicated by a lot of people, including Supes who's beaten him when they fought on the same terms - no power - it's just that for other characters they wouldn't be as hyped.

Batman's feats are hyped because he's a regular mortal not because they can't be replicated by other characters. Even his intelligence is just a cover for his condition - a regular human trapped among super beings, otherwise why would he be important to his team mates?

There's plenty of intelligence there (JL) without Batman, he just has to have an implied edge in the brains department to compensate, all this clearly forgetting that one of Superman's early traits was his great intellect.

I can tell that you know little about gladiator, gladiator seen galactus from one side of the universe to the other. Gladiator has xray vision along with super hearing just like superman. Everything that superman has gladiator has also but gladiator has something that superman dont have and thats the ability to amp his strength without outside interference.

Allankles
I can tell that you know little about gladiator, gladiator seen galactus from one side of the universe to the other. Gladiator has xray vision along with super hearing just like superman. Everything that superman has gladiator has also but gladiator has something that superman dont have and thats the ability to amp his strength without outside interference.

I should have been more specific he doesn't have MV and I can't recall him ever using TV in conjunction which HV to take out a threat. Also no freezebreath or superbreath. And Glads loses fights Superman would win, he certainly hasn't shown himself to be the same level as Superman physically.

Without trying to assume Glads level based on supposition or expectation he's physically inferior to Superman - like a weaker Kryptonian.

horrorwolf
I should have been more specific he doesn't have MV and I can't recall him ever using TV in conjunction which HV to take out a threat. Also no freezebreath or superbreath. And Glads loses fights Superman would win, he certainly hasn't shown himself to be the same level as Superman physically.

Without trying to assume Glads level based on supposition or expectation he's physically inferior to Superman - like a weaker Kryptonian.

Obviously you wont see as many feats because Superman has had his own books and comics for over 50 years. Sentry and Gladiator only have a few appearances by comparison..so no you quite obviously wont see every feat matched by those two....and we have to take that into consideration.

Allankles
Obviously you wont see as many feats because Superman has had his own books and comics for over 50 years. Sentry and Gladiator only have a few appearances by comparison..so no you quite obviously wont see every feat matched by those two....and we have to take that into consideration.

Yes we have to take it into consideration. So don't be surprised when I don't give them credit where Superman has actual earned it via his character history.

Sentry is a great example, hyping him and then having him lose to WWH doesn't help his case, neither does it serve as a defining feat for Hulk if Sentry is less than or no better than him, its a double edged sword IMO. If Sentry wins it certainly makes less of a mess of things and Sentry's rep is boosted.

horrorwolf
Yes we have to take it into consideration. So don't be surprised when I don't give them credit where Superman has actual earned it via his character history.

Sentry is a great example, hyping him and then having him lose to WWH doesn't help his case, neither does it serve as a defining feat for Hulk if Sentry is less than or no better than him, its a double edged sword IMO. If Sentry wins it certainly makes less of a mess of things and Sentry's rep is boosted.

Well obviously going by your way of thinking - that whoever has the most feats=strongest....

Superman can easily take out Thanos, Galactus, and Living Tribunal as well. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Allankles
And just so that people understand where I'm coming from about Bats as a character. I've always loved the Bats as detective battling, insidious criminal threats in Gotham. He's never been an all action hero to me, and certainly his skills were not meant to be all action but based on concealment.

The Dark Knight in his roots, is not at all like a mainstream hero, he's a a lot like an indy mature hero. So I've always felt like with Loeb and others, in trying to translate a mainstream Bats they've sought of abandoned the core elements of his character. IMV Bats isn't a show pony and wouldn't even think of engaging DS even with a mother box he would know better than that, he'd run interference for an ally (flash bombs whatever) but never consider something so ridiculous.

Meh! If I get too irritated with current Bats, I always have the Question. I wish they'd do an AU on Rorschach.

Allankles
double post

carver9

before I judge your post, are you saying that glads dont have super breath or freeze breath (please say yes so that I can put up a scan). If you say yes, you truly know nothing of gladiator and dont deserve to post in this battle.

carver9
And just so that people understand where I'm coming from about Bats as a character. I've always loved the Bats as detective battling, insidious criminal threats in Gotham. He's never been an all action hero to me, and certainly his skills were not meant to be all action but based on concealment.

The Dark Knight in his roots, is not at all like a mainstream hero, he's a a lot like an indy mature hero. So I've always felt like with Loeb and others, in trying to translate a mainstream Bats they've sought of abandoned the core elements of his character. IMV Bats isn't a show pony and wouldn't even think of engaging DS even with a mother box he would know better than that, he'd run interference for an ally (flash bombs whatever) but never consider something so ridiculous.

Meh! If I get too irritated with current Bats, I always have the Question. I wish they'd do an AU on Rorschach.

You still havent named me 3 top tiers that can beat superman.

Rorschach
Well why when hawkman hit superman with a punch that was stated as being hit by a planet did superman pass out? HMMMM confused

You'd know if you'd had actually read the whole arc, or just up until issue 5.

carver9
Originally posted by Rorschach
You'd know if you'd had actually read the whole arc, or just up until issue 5.

I didnt see a presence of kryptonite and I know that superman got hit by a plot device but it was still mentioned that it felt as if he was hit by a planet. What part did I not mention in my post?

Rorschach
I didnt see a presence of kryptonite

There was Kryptonite radiation involved, just not a whole lot of it.

mentioned that it felt as if he was hit by a planet.

The only part you got right.

What part did I not mention in my post?

The part where it was revealed that Superman, and Batman weren't really knocked out. You also failed to mention that Superman had previously taken two punches from the magically empowered Captain Marvel.

carver9
There was Kryptonite radiation involved, just not a whole lot of it.

The only part you got right.

The part where it was revealed that Superman, and Batman weren't really knocked out. You also failed to mention that Superman had previously taken two punches from the magically empowered Captain Marvel.

Where was this krptonite at because Im pretty sure that they didnt need it since captain marvel>Superman.

Your opinion.

Superman was knocked out and isnt it everyone argument on the forum that superman is no longer affected by magic and he was never hit by 3 punches, he blocked a lot of captain marvel punches.

Rorschach

~The Wickerman~
before I judge your post, are you saying that glads dont have super breath or freeze breath (please say yes so that I can put up a scan). If you say yes, you truly know nothing of gladiator and dont deserve to post in this battle.

Who the fark do you think you are, freekin Arishem, to judge posts? Jesus Christ, relax, you sound like he forced himself on your baby sister or something erm

carver9
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Who the fark do you think you are, freekin Arishem, to judge posts? Jesus Christ, relax, you sound like he forced himself on your baby sister or something erm

You kind of took my post the wrong way, when I said judge I wasnt saying that I was judge mathis I was saying judge by me not reading his post right.

Wow, I guess its to early in the morning for you huh, sad

Vibe drinks always work.

carver9

Rorschach

carver9

llagrok
So its funny that I like Batman/Superman more then a lot of comics out there.

YES! IT IS!

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by llagrok
YES! IT IS!

That reminded me of the axe scene from American Psycho.

Edit : http://youtube.com/watch?v=O-hUkO13Fy8

Rorschach
So its funny that I like Batman/Superman more then a lot of comics out there. I like it because superman isnt holding back that much. When have you seen superman just punch through metallo and rip his kryptonite heart out.

Oh, ok. You like it because it features a Superman that 'doesn't hold back, much'. I like comics that are well written, regardless of what power-level characters are portrayed at.

You do know that that kryptonite asteroid had little to no affect on superman during that arc/fight.

Batman speculated that the radiation was affecting in issue 04, and again in 05. In issue 05, it was made pretty clear that the radiation was affecting Superman.

If anything it might dropped him down to like 95% of his ability, if that.

Even if the number you pulled out of your ass is correct, it still doesn't change the fact that Superman wasn't at 100%, and that he wasn't really knocked out.

carver9
Oh, ok. You like it because it features a Superman that 'doesn't hold back, much'. I like comics that are well written, regardless of what power-level characters are portrayed at.

Batman speculated that the radiation was affecting in issue 04, and again in 05. In issue 05, it was made pretty clear that the radiation was affecting Superman.

Even if the number you pulled out of your ass is correct, it still doesn't change the fact that Superman wasn't at 100%, and that he wasn't really knocked out.

Whats wrong with the way it is written, the only incident that I thought was under written was when superman one shotted despero. Everybody has there own opinions. I enjoy the story line.

I know batman said that but to what degree was superman affected.

I did make the numbers up but again to what degree was superman affected.

Rorschach
Whats wrong with the way it is written

It's written horribly. There's like one good issue, and the two annuals, which actually are quite well written.

the only incident that I thought was under written was when superman one shotted despero.

So, it's all about power with you.

tI did make the numbers up but again to what degree was superman affected.

Enough to check if Power Girl (Who he thought might be a Kryptonian) was also affected. By issue 06 Superman was visibly affected.

carver9
It's written horribly. There's like one good issue, and the two annuals, which actually are quite well written.

So, it's all about power with you.

Enough to check if Power Girl (Who he thought might be a Kryptonian) was also affected. By issue 06 Superman was visibly affected.

well thats your opinion on the story. I think that its a good story line but youre not the only one that said that its written terribly.

Its not about power, who wouldnt like a book where superman isnt holding back. Thats why wolverine is so popular because he dont mind killing when the time is necessary.

Good point.

Rorschach
Its not about power, who wouldnt like a book where superman isnt holding back.

I wouldn't like it if Superman started to always go all out. It takes away from his character. Loeb gave Superman some good feats, but most of his Superman stories, other than Superman for all Seasons, are just horrible. I enjoyed Superman/Batman Annual 2, in which Superman was powerless for the majority of the story, more than anything Loeb wrote during his run on Superman/Batman. In fact, the best story he wrote in Superman/Batman was Sam's story, and than contained no noteworthy feats at all. When I read a comic, I want a good story first and foremost, and not impressive feats for the price of a good story.

carver9
I wouldn't like it if Superman started to always go all out. It takes away from his character. Loeb gave Superman some good feats, but most of his Superman stories, other than Superman for all Seasons, are just horrible. I enjoyed Superman/Batman Annual 2, in which Superman was powerless for the majority of the story, more than anything Loeb wrote during his run on Superman/Batman. In fact, the best story he wrote in Superman/Batman was Sam's story, and than contained no noteworthy feats at all. When I read a comic, I want a good story first and foremost, and not impressive feats for the price of a good story.

Good point and very well understood. I totally agree with you but I dont see anything wrong with the story line. Superman being powerless was great but what makes superman/superman isnt just his personality because he has one of the best personality in comic history, what makes him/him is his power and what he do in situations when his power isnt enough.

All in all, if I was to think about it, there are other stories out there that are better. Like superman "man of tomorrow", that was great and you actually felt the character of superman, you felt what he was going through and felt the pain that he felt and it also had some good feats with him versus the elementals.

When I read a story, I want it to be interesting also but at the same time entertainment is also what makes a story much better and thats what is given in superman/batman.

Good post though and yes I agree with you on the story part, without a good story you would have a lame book.

Rorschach

carver9

Batman-Prime
Batman 6/10

Rorschach
I guess you dont like much of superman comics huh because to me majority of them are pretty good.

I never said anything about disliking most Superman comics. I said I thought For Tomorrow was a bad arc.

Its not hard to make a good comic for a guy with superman powers and personality.

I never said it was.

The only comics that I didnt find that interesting was superman comics during the imperex saga. anything before and after that has been good.

Not exactly. There have been good arcs, and there have been bad. Austen's run was crap, so was The Last Superman Story, The Pocket Universe, and several other stories, but there have also been good Superman stories such as, Time and Time Again, Panic in the Sky, What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way, and several other others. But it's only recently that Superman comics have been consistently good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.