Elektra vs Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
I looked and didnt find this....

Low-level mind control etc...are not allowed.

Fight takes place here

http://www.taipeihostel.com/images/movieset.jpg

Who wins?

Endrict Nuul
Bump

george '06
elektra gets drowned

BruceSkywalker
This isn't Skrull Elektra is it?

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
This isn't Skrull Elektra is it?

Hell no....

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Hell no....

That case, she loses

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
That case, she loses

Why? Skrull version should be weaker right?

jalek moye
doesnt matter iron fist rapes her

srankmissingnin
Elektra is faster and more skilled - Danny is packing a butt load more fire power. Both can win with a single blow, only Elektra's will need to be well placed and involve a lot more finesse. Elektra likely takes the majority still due in no small part to her willingness to use lethal force and Danny's cocky tendency to under rate his opponent.

llagrok
This is crazy.

Iron Fist would stomp

I also doubt that Elektra is more skilled.

willRules
IMO Elektra 6/10

It could really go either way and the only reason I'm slightly favour of Elektra is the fact that Daredevil has gone toe to toe with Iron-Fist and Elektra has bested Daredevil on numerous occasions.... It's stupid A>B>C = A>C logic, I know, but otherwise it's 50/50 as to who would win....

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by llagrok
This is crazy.

Iron Fist would stomp

I also doubt that Elektra is more skilled.

In terms of skill:

DD > IF

Elektra > DD

big grin

Soljer
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Elektra is faster and more skilled

laughing laughing laughing

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Soljer
laughing laughing laughing

We both know I'm right - as per ussualy. cool

Mindset
In terms of skill:

DD > IF

Elektra > DD

big grin

You don't read IF comics, do you?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Mindset

Yes, and you'd have the same opinion as me if you actually read them also... but I get the feeling you are to distracting by the pretty pictures to read the words.

llagrok
People know shit about what IF is capable of?

srankmissingnin
People know shit about what IF is capable of?

Pssht. Everyone knows what Iron Fist is capable of... unfortunately everyone also thinks Elektra is Daredevil-lite with boobs.

llagrok
That's far from Iron Fist's level.

The two of them would be hard pressed to getting a single win

willRules

I've read Iron-Fist's latest run up to issue #14, I loved the 7 capital cities of heaven storyline, it was fantastic.

I've also read Frank Miller's run on DD which includes an issue where DD and IF fight with them seemingly even in skill. Miller's run also includes multiple occasions where it is suggested that Elektra is greater in skill than DD and is proven at least twice (to my recollection)

Dr.Crankenstein
That's far from Iron Fist's level.

The two of them would be hard pressed to getting a single win I agree. Danny is most likely better than they are.

Mindset
Originally posted by willRules
I've read Iron-Fist's latest run up to issue #14, I loved the 7 capital cities of heaven storyline, it was fantastic.

I've also read Frank Miller's run on DD which includes an issue where DD and IF fight with them seemingly even in skill. Miller's run also includes multiple occasions where it is suggested that Elektra is greater in skill than DD and is proven at least twice (to my recollection)

You mean when DD got out of jail?

When they were fighting and IF was trying to fight in DD style?

Mindset
Yes, and you'd have the same opinion as me if you actually read them also... but I get the feeling you are to distracting by the pretty pictures to read the words.

Oh really, then show me the scans that show DD to be superior in skill, I must've missed that bit of dialog.

Eel O'Brian
I haven't seen much to put Elektra or Iron Fist definitively above each other in skills or speed.

Iron Fist wins a lot, and it's almost entirely due to power output... IMO

OneDumbG0
Iron Fist 6/10. At least.

srankmissingnin
Oh really, then show me the scans that show DD to be superior in skill, I must've missed that bit of dialog.

How about the fact that Iron Fist (who was impersonating DD), need to resort to using the Iron Fist against Matt (who he thought was some mook impersonation DD). If Danny could take him skill for skill, he would have done it with out using the iron fist, instead he risked exposing his true identity because he wasn't up to snuff. No is argueing that Danny doesn't have more firepower, he just isn't as skilled.

OneDumbG0
How about the fact that Iron Fist (who was impersonating DD), need to resort to using the Iron Fist against Matt (who he thought was some mook impersonation DD). If Danny could take him skill for skill, he would have done it with out using the iron fist, instead he risked exposing his true identity because he wasn't up to snuff. No is argueing that Danny doesn't have more firepower, he just isn't as skilled. Or maybe it's just as arguable that he just wanted to end the fight quickly instead of eventually beating him with just pure skill? Also that was classic Iron Fist. Doesn't really apply anymore.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Or maybe it's just as arguable that he just wanted to end the fight quickly instead of eventually beating him with just pure skill? Also that was classic Iron Fist. Doesn't really apply anymore.

Possible but unlikely. He was pretending to be Daredevil as a favour to Matt, as soon he as he used the Ironfist, it was obvious he wasn't the real DD. Unless he was planing on killing the "impersonator" and dumping his body in a lake, his act would have been for nothing and no one would have benefited from it.

Danny didn't get any more skilled in the pages of IIF, he became more powerful and more versatile... but he was already much more powerful and versatile then DD or Elektra to begin with.

Mindset
How about the fact that Iron Fist (who was impersonating DD), need to resort to using the Iron Fist against Matt (who he thought was some mook impersonation DD). If Danny could take him skill for skill, he would have done it with out using the iron fist, instead he risked exposing his true identity because he wasn't up to snuff. No is argueing that Danny doesn't have more firepower, he just isn't as skilled.

Except it was said that Danny was trying to fight using DD style, which would be harder than him trying to fight his own way...

srankmissingnin
Except it was said that Danny was trying to fight using DD style, which would be harder than him trying to fight his own way...

Do you think he decided to resort to using the Iron Fist, before switching into his own style of combat? confused

Mindset
Do you think he decided to resort to using the Iron Fist, before switching into his own style of combat? confused

You act like he had to use IF, it's more likely that he was pissed and decided to just use his powers on someone he thought was impersonating DD, he was tired of trying to fight in a style not his own.

That doesn't show DD has more skill at all.

It'd be like a Kung Fu master fighting a Karate master, but the Kung Fu master is trying to use Karate, but can't win, then you say he is not as skilled.

srankmissingnin
You act like he had to use IF, it's more likely that he was pissed and decided to just use his powers on someone he thought was impersonating DD, he was tired of trying to fight in a style not his own.

That doesn't show DD has more skill at all.

It'd be like a Kung Fu master fighting a Karate master, but the Kung Fu master is trying to use Karate, but can't win, then you say he is not as skilled.

Not really, it be like a Kung Fu Master fighting a Karate Master using Karate.... and then pulling out a hand grenade when he realises he can't keep up in the same fighting style.

And that is a little excessive, when you consider DD and Iron Fist have a similar fighting style to begin with.

jrodslam
This would be a nice fight to see. Both highly disciplined. I may give Rank a very slight majority due to the iron fist. That may cause serious damage to Elektra if connected.

As for Matt fighting Danny when he was in the DD getup, Rand was using both his AND DD's fighting style. He did realize that he wasnt beating the imposter in pure h2h(which was really Matt) and pulled out the iron fist as a last resort. Or he realized he was in for the fight of his life and decided to pull out the iron fist. Either way, Rand realized he needed to use the iron fist in order to beat this DD imposter.

Mindset
Not really, it be like a Kung Fu Master fighting a Karate Master using Karate.... and then pulling out a hand grenade when he realises he can't keep up in the same fighting style.

And that is a little excessive, when you consider DD and Iron Fist have a similar fighting style to begin with.

You realize you didn't disagree what I said right, just expanded on the same idea...

Evidently their styles are different enough for the writer to state that Danny was trying to fight like DD.

You have nothing that shows DD is more skilled than Danny.

Mindset
Originally posted by jrodslam
This would be a nice fight to see. Both highly disciplined. I may give Rank a very slight majority due to the iron fist. That may cause serious damage to Elektra if connected.

As for Matt fighting Danny when he was in the DD getup, Rand was using both his AND DD's fighting style. He did realize that he wasnt beating the imposter in pure h2h(which was really Matt) and pulled out the iron fist as a last resort. Or he realized he was in for the fight of his life and decided to pull out the iron fist. Either way, Rand realized he needed to use the iron fist in order to beat this DD imposter.

Post the scans of the fight, I deleted the comic.

srankmissingnin
You realize you didn't disagree what I said right, just expanded on the same idea...

Evidently their styles are different enough for the writer to state that Danny was trying to fight like DD.

You have nothing that shows DD is more skilled than Danny.

If Danny was skilled enough to win on martial technique alone, then resorting to using the iron fist is excessive; in the same way busting out a grenade would be.

At the very least there is more to support Daredevil > Iron Fist the vica versa.

Mindset
If Danny was skilled enough to win on martial technique alone, then resorting to using the iron fist is excessive; in the same way busting out a grenade would be.

At the very least there is more to support Daredevil > Iron Fist the vica versa.

No, not really.

Danny went from trying to fight as DD, to fighting without holding back. Just because Danny used his abilities didn't mean he had to, but he had no reason not to. Why not use a gun to end a fight fast instead of taking your chances w/o it.

Like a said, that brief skirmish isn't proof of anything.

jrodslam
Post the scans of the fight, I deleted the comic.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/775/dd87010rk4.th.jpghttp://img390.imageshack.us/img390/6208/dd87011jm7.th.jpghttp://img390.imageshack.us/img390/364/dd87012rn4.th.jpghttp://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7346/dd87013hx1.th.jpg

jrodslam
No, not really.

Danny went from trying to fight as DD, to fighting without holding back. Just because Danny used his abilities didn't mean he had to, but he had no reason not to. Why not use a gun to end a fight fast instead of taking your chances w/o it.

Like a said, that brief skirmish isn't proof of anything.

Thing is, Danny was fighting as DD for quite a while. he was using DD's style as well as his own. He didnt use his full style because he wanted everyone to believe he was the real DD while Matt was in prison. From the many wekks or however long it was, he never used the iron fist while in the DD suit. That would blow the purpose of what he was doing. When he tussled with Matt, him using the iron fist seemed to be the last resort.

Mindset
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/775/dd87010rk4.th.jpghttp://img390.imageshack.us/img390/6208/dd87011jm7.th.jpghttp://img390.imageshack.us/img390/364/dd87012rn4.th.jpghttp://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7346/dd87013hx1.th.jpg

The dialog in the scans supports my point even more.

"He's trying to emulate my moves...that takes considerable effort and concentration"

"He doesn't use billy clubs...that's his first mistake"

And he was fighting a DD who was not in any mood to mess around, because at the time he though Foggy was dead and the imposter knew who was behind it.

When Danny realized that trying to fight like DD wasn't going to work, obviously not seeing as it put him at a huge disadvantage, he was fighting the actual DD w/ the aid of his billy clubs and not messing around, he decided to use his IF.

None of that says to me DD is more skilled.

Mindset
Thing is, Danny was fighting as DD for quite a while. he was using DD's style as well as his own. He didnt use his full style because he wanted everyone to believe he was the real DD while Matt was in prison. From the many wekks or however long it was, he never used the iron fist while in the DD suit. That would blow the purpose of what he was doing. When he tussled with Matt, him using the iron fist seemed to be the last resort.

It wasn't that long, maybe a month, and that isn't really relevant, it's not like Danny had to face any skilled fighters while pretending to be DD. But fighting the actual DD and trying to use his style w/o the aid of billy clubs put him at a disadvantage. erm

jrodslam
The dialog in the scans supports my point even more.

"He's trying to emulate my moves...that takes considerable effort and concentration"

"He doesn't use billy clubs...that's his first mistake"

And he was fighting a DD who was not in any mood to mess around, because at the time he though Foggy was dead and the imposter knew who was behind it.

When Danny realized that trying to fight like DD wasn't going to work, obviously not seeing as it put him at a huge disadvantage, he was fighting the actual DD w/ the aid of his billy clubs and not messing around, he decided to use his IF.

None of that says to me DD is more skilled.

"Hes trying to emulate my moves AT THE SAME TIME." Danny knows DD's stlye and hes been using it for a nice period of time.

"He doesnt use the billy clubs...." Funny cause Danny HAS used the billy clubs in other fights where he was dressed up as DD. He even used them against Deadpool.

Ok, so he was fighting an angry Matt. Does that mean Danny would say "Uhh ohh, this guy is too good. Maybe i should just use my style instead."? Nope. Danny skipped pass all that and went right to the Iron Fist.

That kinda proves, kinda proves that Danny cant beat Matt unless he goes to the iron fist.

jrodslam
It wasn't that long, maybe a month, and that isn't really relevant, it's not like Danny had to face any skilled fighters while pretending to be DD. But fighting the actual DD and trying to use his style w/o the aid of billy clubs put him at a disadvantage. erm

It was long enough. Would you not agree that Deadpool is a skilled fighter? Plus, wasnt it Danny who was going as DD for the entire Civil War? Or most of it at least? And like i said, when he fought Deadpool he used the billy clubs, so why not use it against the DD imposter?

srankmissingnin
"Hes trying to emulate my moves AT THE SAME TIME." Danny knows DD's stlye and hes been using it for a nice period of time.

"He doesnt use the billy clubs...." Funny cause Danny HAS used the billy clubs in other fights where he was dressed up as DD. He even used them against Deadpool.

Ok, so he was fighting an angry Matt. Does that mean Danny would say "Uhh ohh, this guy is too good. Maybe i should just use my style instead."? Nope. Danny skipped pass all that and went right to the Iron Fist.

That kinda proves, kinda proves that Danny cant beat Matt unless he goes to the iron fist.

This pretty much echos my thoughts on the situation.

I mean, if Danny was going to go through the trouble of impersonating Daredevil, why sabotage himself by using the iron fist unless it was absolutely necessary?

Mindset

He said he's trying to fight me and emulate my moves at the same time, that just means he was trying to fight as DD, I don't know why you are capitalizing, "at the same time", like it's some big revelation....

That's not that he has used billy clubs, I was saying he wasn't using them when he fought DD...

Where's the scan of him beating Deadpool?

Danny was being beat while he had multiple disadvantages, just because he decided to use IF doesn't mean he needed it, it's not like the IF amps his other attributes, it's not like he punches any faster (at least to my knowldge). Danny never tried fighting w/o the IF, why would he try to when he didn't need to?

Mindset
It was long enough. Would you not agree that Deadpool is a skilled fighter? Plus, wasnt it Danny who was going as DD for the entire Civil War? Or most of it at least? And like i said, when he fought Deadpool he used the billy clubs, so why not use it against the DD imposter?

Scans of him fighting Deadpool.

And I remember Danny fighting in CW as himself.

He probably didn't use the billy clubs because he didn't have them...it's not like it even matters why he didn't anyway.

So your saying Danny fighting as DD for a month, maybe a short while more should be proficient enough to be able to fight DD in his own style w/o the aid of billy clubs and do well, is that what you're trying to tell me?

jrodslam
He said he's trying to fight me and emulate my moves at the same time, that just means he was trying to fight as DD, I don't know why you are capitalizing, "at the same time", like it's some big revelation....

That's not that he has used billy clubs, I was saying he wasn't using them when he fought DD...

Where's the scan of him beating Deadpool?

Danny was being beat while he had multiple disadvantages, just because he decided to use IF doesn't mean he needed it, it's not like the IF amps his other attributes, it's not like he punches any faster (at least to my knowldge). Danny never tried fighting w/o the IF, why would he try to when he didn't need to?

Him saying hes using both styles is saying just that. He(Danny) was using his style as well as Matts.

I know he wasnt using them when he fought DD. Question is, why didnt he? He had them ANd he knew how to use it like DD as well. Instead, he used the iron fist and broke character.

I didnt say he beat Deadpool. I said he used it on Deadpool.

What were Dannys multiple disadvantages? U used the iron fist because he helt that it would be the only way to defeat this DD imposter. I cant think of any other reason to why Danny would use it. Hes suppose to be "DD". If he uses the iron fist, his DD cover is blown. That was a huge risk he took there.

jrodslam
Scans of him fighting Deadpool.

And I remember Danny fighting in CW as himself.

He probably didn't use the billy clubs because he didn't have them...it's not like it even matters why he didn't anyway.

So your saying Danny fighting as DD for a month, maybe a short while more should be proficient enough to be able to fight DD in his own style w/o the aid of billy clubs and do well, is that what you're trying to tell me?

This is his first attack on Deadpool. After the initial throw, he just uses the clubs for a couple of attacks, but mainly blocks.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5194/scan0018mh7.th.jpg

Hes thrown the clubs DD-like several times while fighting crime in the DD garb.

As for him not using the clubs while fighting Matt, he had them. He just decided not to use them.

Im trying to say that Danny SHOULD be proficient enough to fight Matt using a combination of both styles without using the clubs and do well. Its not like Matt was constantly throwing them all over the place. Im also trying to say that if he noticed that he wasnt doing to well like that, he could/shouldve considered using his own style completely.

willRules
You mean when DD got out of jail?

When they were fighting and IF was trying to fight in DD style?

Daredevil #178
Daredevil was on the same case as the heroes for hire. DD resolves it which annoys IF who demands answers. A small skirmish ensues whereby neither combatant can lay a finger on the other one. They both keep dodging each other. It ends with DD going "I haven't got time for this." and getting away due to some extremely fancy acrobatics....

Although the example where they fight during Civil War is good where they are both shown to be roughly even in skill.

My point is just that Elektra is arguably superior to DD in skill and therefore IF. Otherwise I'd say this fight is 50/50. Tis a good match up yes

Mindset
Him saying hes using both styles is saying just that. He(Danny) was using his style as well as Matts.

I know he wasnt using them when he fought DD. Question is, why didnt he? He had them ANd he knew how to use it like DD as well. Instead, he used the iron fist and broke character.

I didnt say he beat Deadpool. I said he used it on Deadpool.

What were Dannys multiple disadvantages? U used the iron fist because he helt that it would be the only way to defeat this DD imposter. I cant think of any other reason to why Danny would use it. Hes suppose to be "DD". If he uses the iron fist, his DD cover is blown. That was a huge risk he took there.

He didn't say he was using both styles. "A better martial artists then most I've faced...And he's trying to emulate my moves at the same time." That doesn't mean he is using both styles, that means he is trying to fight like DD...

How do you know he had the billy clubs, I don't see them on him.

Ok, he used him on DP, and?

He is trying to fight DD in DD's own style, there's a disadvantage. He doesn't have any weapons while DD has his billy clubs, there's a disadvantage. DD is fighting to seriously hurt IF, because he thinks he knows who was behind the murder of his best friend, IF could have underestimated the situation...those are the multiple disadvantages.

jrodslam
He didn't say he was using both styles. "A better martial artists then most I've faced...And he's trying to emulate my moves at the same time." That doesn't mean he is using both styles, that means he is trying to fight like DD...

That does mean hes using multiple styles. The whole "At the same time." tells us that Danny is using Matts moves/style in conjunction with his own.

How do you know he had the billy clubs, I don't see them on him.

Ok, he used him on DP, and?

He had the billy clubs in the holster.

I mentioned Danny using them on Deadpool just to indicate that knows how to use them in a fight, thus him not deciding to do so isnt becase he didnt know how, but rather him just not doing so.

He is trying to fight DD in DD's own style, there's a disadvantage. He doesn't have any weapons while DD has his billy clubs, there's a disadvantage. DD is fighting to seriously hurt IF, because he thinks he knows who was behind the murder of his best friend, IF could have underestimated the situation...those are the multiple disadvantages.

Hes using DD's style incorporated with his own. He could have just simply stopped using Matts style once realizing his opponent was too tough. He chose not to use the clubs. DD fighting enraged is also a hindrance to him as shown in the past, so would that not be a disadvantage for Matt? Danny's "disadvantages" are his own doing, thus cant really be called disadvantages. Nothing hindered him from using the clubs. Nothing hindered him from FULLY using his own fighting style. If there wasnt anything stopping him from doing those, you cant really say he was at a disadvantage.

llagrok

Excessive? It's not like pulling out a rocket launcher as a last resort mpve, it's natural to Danny and part of his fighting style.

Daredevil had a slight edge and Danny wasn't even using his "own" style.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.