Disaster Movie....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

@st
..how can these idiots still make this crap?

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=36544297

Where is the disaster? Its just the big movies of this summer. Hancock isnt even ****ing out yet. Its not funny to spoof things movies so fresh in our mind, thats Saturday Night Live's job, spoofs should come long after the movie.

Toku King
No. NO! NO MORE! FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS DECENT, STOP MAKING MOVIES!

I have an idea for a movie: "Beat Down Movie"! Yeah! It'll be two hours of street thugs beating the ever loving shit out of Friedberg and Seltzer for making these ****ing movies!

Alpha Centauri
They still make them because they still get attention and still get people paying to see it, and people making threads about it.

-AC

Toku King
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
They still make them because they still get attention and still get people paying to see it, and people making threads about it.

-AC

Who the hell here's watching it? Sure as hell not me! I didn't see "Meet The Spartans", "Epic Movie", or "Date Movie".

@st
They should call this thing "2008 Movie + Juno".

Toku King
Originally posted by @st
They should call this thing "2008 Movie + Juno".

It's supposedly making fun of older movies as well. Sure as hell could have fooled me.

veyron2008
They are pretty desperate to make new movies. Usually when they make a new movie there has not been one like it, however now they are just making repeats and new movie with the same topic and a new title.....COME UP WITH NEW MOVIE IDEAS!!!!

WrathfulDwarf
Their movies no longer bother me. I already know those guys have money and have no imagination or talent.

What troubles me is the youth of America. They're the ones making their films number one at the box office during the first week. They're the ones that are paying to go see these movies. It's a pity.

Mairuzu
sigh

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Their movies no longer bother me. I already know those guys have money and have no imagination or talent.

What troubles me is the youth of the World. They're the ones making their films number one at the box office during the first week. They're the ones that are paying to go see these movies. It's a pity.

fixedlaughing out loud

you know, contrary to popular belief, America isn't the only place in the worldno expressionlaughing out loud

Darth Vicious
I stopped watching these shitty movies after Scary Movie 2. I guess until they bomb real they'll keep making these crappy movies.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Toku King
I didn't see "Meet The Spartans", "Epic Movie", or "Date Movie".

so, how do you know they're bad?

Mairuzu
It should be a give-in regardless

Bardock42
Oh God.

Nihilist
what a pile of shit

Prime#
Movies like these make me ashamed to be an American teenager. It's hard when people my age criticize my taste in movies because I hated movies like Date Movie, The Scary Movies, and yes even You Me and Dupree.

Icy Ninja
How the hell can they spoof hancock its not even in theaters or incredibal hulk or Zohan movies that just came out, do they film these in a day. These people should just leave the movie industry

Toku King
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
so, how do you know they're bad?

"Scary Movie 4" had a bad trailer, and was a bad movie. Those had even worse trailers, so guess what that means?
And I also saw clips of a couple of those and damn, they were bad.

@st
Love the irony here, "Not another shallow hollywood movie"..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/879/879165/disaster-movie-20080604113244090.jpg

Toku King
Originally posted by Prime#
Movies like these make me ashamed to be an American teenager. It's hard when people my age criticize my taste in movies because I hated movies like Date Movie, The Scary Movies, and yes even You Me and Dupree.

When people tell me that they like those movies, I always ask them how a human being can like something so stupid that it's a comedy without real jokes. Nobody ever has an answer for me, and try to change the subject.

Toku King
Originally posted by @st
Love the irony here, "Not another shallow hollywood movie"..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh boy, a water joke. And underneath it is an Al Gore joke. Jeez, those haven't been around for years, now have they?
"Beat Down Movie" is still up for grabs, people.

Prime#
When people tell me that they like those movies, I always ask them how a human being can like something so stupid that it's a comedy without real jokes. Nobody ever has an answer for me, and try to change the subject.

I say, the same thing, but it's hard to reason with someone who thinks You Ne and Dupree>>>The Big Lebowski. Then they say I have crappy taste in movies because Date Movie made me physically ill

ragesRemorse
"Scary Movie 4" had a bad trailer, and was a bad movie. Those had even worse trailers, so guess what that means?
And I also saw clips of a couple of those and damn, they were bad.

you're right. I actually watched them and they're worse than one can imagine.

steverules
Probably end being another number 1...they chose the wrong dude to play Carrie....Sarah Jessica Parker looks like a horse

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Icy Ninja
How the hell can they spoof hancock its not even in theaters or incredibal hulk or Zohan movies that just came out, do they film these in a day. These people should just leave the movie industry

I saw the trailer and I was asking the same question. How did they pull a movie in less than three months? I get the feeling these guys just see the trailers for upcoming movies and summarize the story. Then they take the main character and have him/her bump, hit, or get kick....and that's the joke...

I'd swear...I've seen more funnier spoofs of the Dark Knight on Youtube made by amateurs than these two shit heads.

Also...what's with the Hip-hop music? Are they targetting a certain audience?

MildPossession
Why are they spoofing Juno...

It looks like the biggest pile of crap ever, as usual.

Dark-Jaxx
Ever since Scary Movie 2, the only one of their movies which I can say I actually liked was Superhero Movie.

Epic Movie, sucked.

Date Movie, sucked.

Scary Movie 3, sucked.

Scary Movie 4, SUCKED ASS.

jaden101
yet you still watched them...even though you probably knew they were going to be cleavland steamers

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by jaden101
yet you still watched them...even though you probably knew they were going to be cleavland steamers My father buys every movie that comes out...So I figured why not?

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
fixedlaughing out loud

you know, contrary to popular belief, America isn't the only place in the worldno expressionlaughing out loud

Yeah, everyone just likes to believe we're the worst.

Dark-Jaxx
Well we are.

Blax_Hydralisk
Hardly.

Toku King
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Well we are.

No. Not even close.

Toku King
Originally posted by Prime#
I say, the same thing, but it's hard to reason with someone who thinks You Ne and Dupree>>>The Big Lebowski. Then they say I have crappy taste in movies because Date Movie made me physically ill

I never saw "Lebowski" nor "Dupree", and I will challenge anyone around me to say that "Date Movie" was good with a straight face.

Dark-Jaxx
Big Lebowski is the shit. I'm gonna go watch that movie again tonight. mmm

SnakeEyes
Haven't wasted my time with the latter Scary Movies, Epic Movie, Date Movie, Meet the Spartans, etc. and I won't waste my time watching this pile of shit.

jaden101
My father buys every movie that comes out...So I figured why not?

well...at least now you have an answer to that question

Wolfie
Here's an answer. It does have real jokes. eek!

Define "real joke", sir. I don't think Napoleon Dynamite had any real jokes, but everyone tells me it's funny. Movies like Date Movie at least had jokes such as Mr. Jinx (Meet the Parents) constipated and lighting a match afterward.

I think these movies are funny. They're stupid as hell. They're not going for Oscars. They're not trying to make you think or excite you with billion-dollar explosions. You're just supposed to turn your brain off and laugh.

That said, I'll see Disaster Movie 'cause I enjoyed Date Movie, Epic Movie, and Meet the Spartans (Scary Movie 3 and 4 are made by totally different people so there's no comparison to be made). I'm not expecting as much from this though.

Outbound
Oh christ, I just saw the trailer for this, I mean seriously, Iron Man getting squashed by a cow, do people actually still laugh at crap like that? The only reason Im even bumping this god awful thread is to give a heads up that next year Sci Fi Movie comes out, so there doesnt seem to be an end yet...

Hmm Carmen Electra is in Disaster Movie, didnt see that coming... no expression

Someone should make a parody of these movies, doesnt have to be long, just show a short clip of Date Movie/Epic Movie/Disaster Movie and then cut to a shot of the audience, which is actually an empty theatre.

WrathfulDwarf
I was in line on Sunday for my third viewing of TDK. When I notice the poster for this shit. Every summer movie of this year will be spoof. I was reading earlier on IMDB that there is a scene in which they're going to make fun of Heath Ledger death...not Joker...Heath himself. I hope that's not the case. It would really be an A-hole thing to do.

If shit could shit...it would look exactly like Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg.

Croatoa
The jokes have nothing to do with the movie. And they're the same jokes over and over again.
When someone goes to see these movies they don't realize that these two shits are taking advantage of your brain and raping you for money. Yet that makes them smart; they know there's a demographic out there who will soil their dignity for their movies and these two will enjoy the benefits.
The real perpetrators here are the men and women at Twentieth Century Fox, and now Lionsgate.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Croatoa
The jokes have nothing to do with the movie. And they're the same jokes over and over again.
Explain that one.

"Heck no I won't marry you" happened once in Date Movie.
Slowing down a fat man jogging with the Click remote happened once in Epic Movie.
Leonidas spitting in the Persian's face yelling "This is Sparta" happened once in Meet the Spartans.

I don't know where the jokes that happen over and over again are.

ragesRemorse
I will agree that i dont think these assbag money grubbing filmmakers even watch the movies that they are parodying. I believe they only watch the trailers. Just about every movie parody you find in their movies can be directly referenced to a scene from one of the trailers.

Altar[1stONE]
When someone goes to see these movies they don't realize that these two shits are taking advantage of your brain and raping you for money. Yet that makes them smart; they know there's a demographic out there who will soil their dignity for their movies and these two will enjoy the benefits.
The real perpetrators here are the men and women at Twentieth Century Fox, and now Lionsgate.

Pot + Napoleon Dynamite , thats the formula the industrys go by to define the humor . Thats what started it all , ive gotten it straight from a producers mouth, and i live in hollywood. They will make what ever sells, and this generation keeps letting them slip it in their ass. Its all part of the process to stupify this nation, so they can plant a chip in our butts.

S_D_J
I never saw "Lebowski" nor "Dupree", and I will challenge anyone around me to say that "Date Movie" was good with a straight face.

I liked Date Movie... I own the DVD (specially loved the audio commentary with two critics tearing the movie apart) I enjoyed it no expression

anyways... crap will always be around... and this one will probably be number one on opening weekend... just like the others were...

If anybody should be responsible, is the ppl watching it in theaters....

Wolfie
I will agree that i dont think these assbag money grubbing filmmakers even watch the movies that they are parodying. I believe they only watch the trailers. Just about every movie parody you find in their movies can be directly referenced to a scene from one of the trailers.
Did you see Meet the Spartans? If you're basing your argument on the trailer then of course you're gonna only see the scenes that spoof the scenes from the 300 trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RQm37K-clg&feature=related

I don't know about you, but I could never make a parody of 300 based on that alone.

And notice that the man with the hump that Leonidas rejected isn't present in the trailer. And a cross between that character and Paris Hilton is in the movie.
Originally posted by S_D_J
I liked Date Movie... I own the DVD (specially loved the audio commentary with two critics tearing the movie apart) I enjoyed it no expression
Good man. I'll have to listen to that commentary.

Quincy
This is a disgrace to all films/filmmakers/and film fans.

Toku King

Don't call those things jokes.

Blax_Hydralisk
I saw the trailer for this. It looks so... so ungodly not funny. no expression

Dark-Jaxx
It does.

Hell, and it looks even cheaper than most of the other "Movie" movies.

WrathfulDwarf
Save yourself some money and just read the reviews for this movie.

Trust me the negative reviews are FAR more funnier than the subject material.

N1HFpZS6exk

doomsday49
i'm surprise this film was being marketed as aggressive as it was. Friedberg and Seltzer filming license needs to be revoke.

doomsday49
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

What troubles me is the youth of America. They're the ones making their films number one at the box office during the first week. They're the ones that are paying to go see these movies. It's a pity.

Truest statement, right there. Has the weekend gross been tallied yet?

KK the Great
Ever since Scary Movie 2, the only one of their movies which I can say I actually liked was Superhero Movie.

If I were Craig Mazin, I would've been pissed when they changed the name of the movie from "Superhero!" to "Superhero Movie." Friedberg/Seltzer had nothing to do with Superhero Movie. The studio just thought it would be beneficial to change the title so audiences would think it was part of that series.

Think about that. The studio actually thought it would be good for the movie to make people associate it with the " Movie" series.

Superhero Movie at least had the decency to be an honest genre spoof. It used a single movie as a spine on which to send-up superhero genre conventions with a smattering of pop culture references. In that sense, it had much more in common with Airplane! or The Naked Gun (or even the first Scary Movie) than with Date Movie, Epic Movie, or Disaster Movie.

KK the Great

Carmen Electra flat-out admitted as much in an interview.

Thankfully, even the dumbest of moviegoers finally seem to be learning their lesson. Disaster Movie came in 5th for Friday and is expected to end at 7th for the weekend and top out at under three million dollars.

Toku King
Originally posted by KK the Great
Thankfully, even the dumbest of moviegoers finally seem to be learning their lesson. Disaster Movie came in 5th for Friday and is expected to end at 7th for the weekend and top out at under three million dollars.

THERE IS A GOD!

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by KK the Great
If I were Craig Mazin, I would've been pissed when they changed the name of the movie from "Superhero!" to "Superhero Movie." Friedberg/Seltzer had nothing to do with Superhero Movie. The studio just thought it would be beneficial to change the title so audiences would think it was part of that series.

Think about that. The studio actually thought it would be good for the movie to make people associate it with the " Movie" series.

Superhero Movie at least had the decency to be an honest genre spoof. It used a single movie as a spine on which to send-up superhero genre conventions with a smattering of pop culture references. In that sense, it had much more in common with Airplane! or The Naked Gun (or even the first Scary Movie) than with Date Movie, Epic Movie, or Disaster Movie. Huh. Makes sense actually. Coolio.

And I could tell this movie wouldn't do that well, I mean...Come on, even compared to the other "Movies" it looked ridiculously cheap.

GlobalTechDept
Horny boys will go to see Kim's Big Boobs.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by GlobalTechDept
Horny boys will go to see Kim's Big Boobs.
Why when you can watch them online...

Wolfie
Looks like this might be the end of these guys.

It's just as well, I was getting weary of everyone bitching about their movies. And half of them go see them afterward.

Goes to show, if you're tired of them, DON'T SEE IT! It won't kill you. Just ignore them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.