How to defeat Firestorm (Jason Rusch)?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OnslaughtKILLS
I'm going to put it bluntly. I am a role player on another site and my team called the ALLIANCE is attacking a team called the Justice League of America.

I role play as Doctor Doom and some of the members consist of Zoom, Pietro Maximoff, Quienten Quire, Taskmaster, Fallen One, Juggernaut, etc.

Jason Rusch can transmute anything or anyone into anything. It's practically a one-shit kill. Sounds kind of cheap to me, but no one has complained so I am assuming there is a way to kill him.

How can I kill him? Am I able to? Thanks.

llagrok
Kid Omega could ruin his mind?

Fallen One/Zoom could speedblitz?

Scoobless
Shoot him in the face.

no expression

Raoul
Originally posted by OnslaughtKILLS
I'm going to put it bluntly. I am a role player on another site and my team called the ALLIANCE is attacking a team called the Justice League of America.

I role play as Doctor Doom and some of the members consist of Zoom, Pietro Maximoff, Quienten Quire, Taskmaster, Fallen One, Juggernaut, etc.

Jason Rusch can transmute anything or anyone into anything. It's practically a one-shit kill. Sounds kind of cheap to me, but no one has complained so I am assuming there is a way to kill him.

1. joker venom.

2. punch him really hard in the face.

3. repeat step two.

or:

Originally posted by Scoobless
Shoot him in the face.

no expression

OnslaughtKILLS
Originally posted by llagrok
Kid Omega could ruin his mind?

Fallen One/Zoom could speedblitz?

I believe he said he could transmute something he couldn't see. That and/or he can transmute someone without having energy touch them.

So how would that work? I mean, only thing I can think of is an attack where he doesn't expect it to knock him out, but he does have super strength and super speed so I am assuming he can take several hits.

psycho gundam
Shoot him in the face.

no expression you beat me to it, i was going to say use a barett 50. from a kilometer away.....game over.

the bullet will arrive to it's destination before the sound of the gun.

llagrok
He still has human reaction time.

Kid Omega thinks well over a thousand brilliant thoughts a second. Telepathically decimating FS won't be a problem.

OnslaughtKILLS
So would Jason Rusch be able to transmute a speedster such as Zoom?

Raoul
So would Jason Rusch be able to transmute a speedster such as Zoom?

only if he saw him coming...

Ambient
His able to transmute organic outside the Matrix? Didnt know that, or maybe i did just forgut..lol

darthgoober

Are you allowed any prep? If so I know a way you can probably take him down...

OnslaughtKILLS
Originally posted by darthgoober
Are you allowed any prep? If so I know a way you can probably take him down...

Yes, he doesn't even know we are going to attack.

I believe so.

fangirl101
Dr. Doom could figure out a way to disrupt his power ala Lex luthor. The only catch with that is Firestorm kinda told how his powers work. It take plot twist to beat firestorm. Plain and simple. Or a magnitude of power greater than herald level.

Deathstroke
speedblitz seems like the easiest option

george '06
mindrape
or maybe juggernaut could resist his powers because hes magically based

but mindrape is your best option

MightyEInherjar
I think the Fallen One could outright dominate FS straight up. I don't see Fallen One being transmuted and thrown to the side, especially when he usually goes up against the likes of other guys with transmutation abilities (ie Silver Surfer).

llagrok
You've got 4 guys that can take him.

Zoom, Quentin, Juggernaut and Fallen One.

Eel O'Brian
Telepathy or Speedblitz.

Desaad also once stole his powers, but I forget how.

george '06
g-asskick
you need to do this to him with juggernaut

he'll die

Newjak
IN the recent Trinity Arc Firestorm gets beaten down physically.

I bet the Juggernaut would be able to do the same thing

darthgoober
Yes, he doesn't even know we are going to attack.

Have Dr. Doom recreate this device...
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/9431/duplicatespowercosmicka0.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3209/duplicatespowercosmic2ld2.jpg

And use it to replicate the power of the Fallen one. But instead of using it to power a robot transfer the Power Cosmic directly to all of your teammates. The device drained relatively small amount of power from the Surfer so you should be able to share his powers with at least 3 or 4 members of your team before it starts to wear him out and when that happens you now have 3 or 4 people with power equal to his own to re-power him(allowing the process to continue until your whole team is powered up).

Now as far as the actual battle goes just have the rest of your team attack Firestorm head on(and the Power Cosmic added to their own considerable abilities will allow them to do that with ease) while Doom hangs back to reverse any transformations to your team with the Power Cosmic(which Doom is already adept at using from his time with Surfer's powers).

Scoobless
Originally posted by darthgoober
Have Dr. Doom recreate this device...
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/9431/duplicatespowercosmicka0.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3209/duplicatespowercosmic2ld2.jpg

And use it to replicate the power of the Fallen one. But instead of using it to power a robot transfer the Power Cosmic directly to all of your teammates.

Giant leap of faith there. Just because the power works in the android it doesn't mean it can just be applied to an organic being ... if it could why wouldn't Doom just power himself up instead?

llagrok
And they're in the middle of attacking JSA.

Is Doom going to create the machine in battle?

darthgoober
Giant leap of faith there. Just because the power works in the android it doesn't mean it can just be applied to an organic being ... if it could why wouldn't Doom just power himself up instead?
The machine duplicated the Surfer's Power Cosmic and Surfer's Power Cosmic is something that Doom HAS transferred to himself directly on a couple of different occasions so I really don't see why it's much of a leap.

As for your question, I'm willing to bet it's for the same reason Doom didn't just recreate his old device and completely drain Surfer the way he did the first time instead of using that special chair... FF writers had already written issue(s) where Doom got all of Surfer's powers and they didn't want a carbon copy of the storyline.

darthgoober
Originally posted by llagrok
And they're in the middle of attacking JSA.

Is Doom going to create the machine in battle?
They get prep.

Galan007
I believe he said he could transmute something he couldn't see. That and/or he can transmute someone without having energy touch them.

So how would that work? I mean, only thing I can think of is an attack where he doesn't expect it to knock him out, but he does have super strength and super speed so I am assuming he can take several hits. I think your friend is hyping FS a bit too much. He is badass, don't get me wrong - but not unbeatable.

For his actual feats, check out the Firestorm respect thread I made. It's got pert-near everything he's done, in it. smile

OnslaughtKILLS
Just would like some confirmation on some things since it seems like my friend may be overhyping his abilities.

1. Has there been anyone that Jason Rusch could NOT transmute?

2. Does he have to concentrate hard to transmute?

3. Does he have to see the object to transmute?

4. Does he get tired after transmuting organic things?

5. Can magic beings be transmuted?

Thanks.

Galan007
1. Has there been anyone that Jason Rusch could NOT transmute? No. However, the most powerful beings he has transmuted were OMACS, and Killer Frost. To say he'd be able to transmute more powerful beings then that, is speculation .

2. Does he have to concentrate hard to transmute? Yes.

3. Does he have to see the object to transmute? So far the only beings he's transmuted have been within visual range, so I'd say yes.

4. Does he get tired after transmuting organic things? No.

5. Can magic beings be transmuted? Can they be? Sure. Has Jason done so? No.

----

It should be noted that if your friend were talking about Ronnie Raymond as Firestorm, he'd be correct for the most part. Thing with Jason is, he simply hasn't done as much as Ronnie did, on panel.

Eel O'Brian
Except for the organic beings part. Ronnie's screwed in that aspect.

Galan007
Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
Except for the organic beings part. Ronnie's screwed in that aspect. That's the only "advantage" Jason has on Ronnie. However, based on what both of them did/have done on panel, Ronnie would make Jason look quite pathetic in a battle imo.

Granted, Jason has more raw power than Ronnie did - but to date, it's simply an untapped potential. Now give Ronnie the raw power Jason has, and MY GOD, what an animal that'd be.

droolio

TricksterPriest
Ronnie had years to work on his control and abilities. Give Jason time, he might surpass Ronnie.

But I think the main difference is that Stein modified the matrix itself.

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Ronnie had years to work on his control and abilities. Give Jason time, he might surpass Ronnie.

But I think the main difference is that Stein modified the matrix itself. thumb up

Juntai
Originally posted by Galan007
I think your friend is hyping FS a bit too much. He is badass, don't get me wrong - but not unbeatable.

For his actual feats, check out the Firestorm respect thread I made. It's got pert-near everything he's done, in it. smile Do Jaime Reyes next. big grin

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
Do Jaime Reyes next. big grin I think Mungi said he's probably going to do a thread for Jaime, sometime in the future. So that'll be good for sure.

I still say that BB has been one of, if not the best on-going I've read in a long while. thumb up

Juntai
Originally posted by Galan007
I think Mungi said he's probably going to do a thread for Jaime, sometime in the future. So that'll be good for sure.

I still say that BB has been one of, if not the best on-going I've read in a long while. thumb up It helps that's it's mostly free of continuity, and it's among the best out there, I gotta put JSA and GL in there too. Morrison's Batman run will soon astonish us all. big grin

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
It helps that's it's mostly free of continuity, and it's among the best out there, I gotta put JSA and GL in there too. Morrison's Batman run will soon astonish us all. big grin For sure. I personally like BB a smidge more than the titles above. It's the only title I really look forward to each month. Plus I love how they've been evolving Jaime over the months.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.