The Sentry vs. The Darkness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DestinyGuy678
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r241/esco_hero/avatar17mod.jpg
Respect Thread:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t411307.html

vs.

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/597/597623/TheDarkness_1111419911.jpg
Respect Thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t415044.html

tkitna
I know nothing about the Darkness. I'll have to let this one go.

Eel O'Brian
Sentry

Scoobless
Sentry

DestinyGuy678
could sentry handle all of darknes' monsters, cant he conjure up as many as he wants...and make them inside people?

Scoobless
Sentry can emit a lot of light from within himself ... he can pretty much de-power Jackie just by standing there.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Scoobless
Sentry can emit a lot of light from within himself ... he can pretty much de-power Jackie just by standing there. light no longer depowers jackie though

redhotrash
Unfortunately Sentry wins this one almost easily.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
light no longer depowers jackie though

It does as of Darkness V3 #3 .... I haven't read all his appearances outside of the 3 main volumes though.

Eel O'Brian
Sentry's speed and strength allows him to end the fight quickly enough anyways.

DestinyGuy678
It does as of Darkness V3 #3 .... I haven't read all his appearances outside of the 3 main volumes though. thaaats not what it says i nthe respect thrreaaaaddd

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
Sentry's speed and strength allows him to end the fight quickly enough anyways. darkness can use his powers pretty fast

Eel O'Brian
darkness can use his powers pretty fast Sentry can use his powers faster. smile

And I don't see any construct that Darkness manages to conjur in the small time he'll have doing any damage to Sentry.

DestinyGuy678
Sentry can use his powers faster. smile

And I don't see any construct that Darkness manages to conjur in the small time he'll have doing any damage to Sentry. he ha a move where he makes darkling come out of people....that could screw sentry, check out the respect thread

Scoobless
thaaats not what it says i nthe respect thrreaaaaddd

Haven't looked at the respect thread. Have read most of the comics though, light is definitely still affecting him.

DestinyGuy678
Haven't looked at the respect thread. Have read most of the comics though, light is definitely still affecting him.

I dunno I just read it in the rspect thread, youll probably know more than me about him though

Originally posted by id369
Not bounded by light, meaning if he can operate despite being under light similar to The Angelus.

Then Jackie broken level went up a notch. Hell I would not be surprised if he could give characters like Silver Surfer or GL a fight. After all, he is wielding one of the 7 prime forces of the universe.

Galan007
Sentry. Easily.

Eel O'Brian
he ha a move where he makes darkling come out of people....that could screw sentry, check out the respect thread How so?

I'm willing to bet that Sentry's insides are pretty damn durable.

DestinyGuy678
How so?

I'm willing to bet that Sentry's insides are pretty damn durable. he spawns his creatures fro mthe shadows inside people

Eel O'Brian
he spawns his creatures fro mthe shadows inside people I know how he does it.

The how so was in reference to the belief that that would give Sentry too much trouble in between the match starting and Sentry putting his foot through Estacado's ass.

TricksterPriest
Nope. Light does NOT affect him anymore, at least, not completely.
http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=15py7.jpg

And it was sunlight/holy light, neither of which Sentry emits.

I just don't know if Jacky has the firepower to take down Sentry. ...........We need Estacado (the poster).

Tenebrous
This is by no means one-sided in Sentry's favor as some may assume.

It's never been confirmed that the Void is truly gone, and in fact there're many hints and blatant suppositions that the Void could/may/will return. For argument's sake we can assume the void is a factor.

The gray area is weather the void is still part of sentry or not.

If the Void makes any appearance, any at all whatsoever, the Darkness will completely dominate this match. By definition, the Darkness IS the Void's powers, the Void IS NOT the Darkness.

Keep in mind the Void uses manipulation of darkness as its power...but it's really no debate here...an entity spawned from a geometrically more powerful captain america super soldier serum, or one of the prime forces of the top cow universe made incarnate.

This match is by NO MEANS as one sided as many incorrectly assume.

DestinyGuy678
I know how he does it.

The how so was in reference to the belief that that would give Sentry too much trouble in between the match starting and Sentry putting his foot through Estacado's ass. it doesnt take long to unleash suc han attack at all

Scoobless
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Nope. Light does NOT affect him anymore, at least, not completely.
http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=15py7.jpg

Low levels or dim light don't depower him much, but bright light cancels out his power.

Eon Blue
Sentry.

ragesRemorse
Can't sentry emit light as bright as a sun?

TricksterPriest
Low levels or dim light don't depower him much, but bright light cancels out his power.

Are you sure you're not thinking of sunlight or holy light? Cause I don't think other kinds do much to him nowadays. I remember him having trouble early on, but I think he's gotten better.

MightyEInherjar
Not too learned on The Darkness, but couldn't he theoretically use the Void and Sentry's psychosis against him...hard? Seems like it should be an easy thing to do with his powerset.

tkitna
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Not too learned on The Darkness, but couldn't he theoretically use the Void and Sentry's psychosis against him...hard? Seems like it should be an easy thing to do with his powerset.

Thats definately a possibility, but the thing about the Sentry is that he used to freak out in a corner or something until the chips were down and then he would usually come out and take care of things. Recently, Bendis has him running away from stuff just by the mere mention of the Void which is a little tedious. Also, I dont think this thread said anything about prep (would have to check the first page again), but if not, how would the Darkness even know about it?

Again, I know nothing about the Darkness so I cant predict a winner.

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by tkitna
Thats definately a possibility, but the thing about the Sentry is that he used to freak out in a corner or something until the chips were down and then he would usually come out and take care of things. Recently, Bendis has him running away from stuff just by the mere mention of the Void which is a little tedious. Also, I dont think this thread said anything about prep (would have to check the first page again), but if not, how would the Darkness even know about it?

Again, I know nothing about the Darkness so I cant predict a winner.
I was thinking that being able to read the "dark" emotions residing inside of everyone was part of the Darkness's powerset. I was under the presumption he could manipulate the "shadow" in every person. This is why I imagined Sentry would make a magnificent play-thing.

The Illuminati
SENTRY in a stomp.

Superman ***** slapped Darkness in basically one page and made him leave his one horse town forever. That was sheriff Superman also known as the town horse.

BradBalboa
Sebtry, iv never even read a comic with the senrty ina nd i know hed win!! iv played the darkness and completed it, brillaitn game, but sentry is far beyong jackies powes

Tenebrous
Originally posted by BradBalboa
Sebtry, iv never even read a comic with the senrty ina nd i know hed win!! iv played the darkness and completed it, brillaitn game, but sentry is far beyong jackies powes

comic darkness is literally (at absolute least) 10X more powerful than videogame Darkness.

Don't use the game as a measure of his powers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.