Diablo III [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
It's coming, It's just a matter of how soon.

Blizzard recently bought the Diablo 3 Domain.. And have said they are releasing a New gen MMO this week at WWII.

... That is all that is known for the moment... Let us pray.

vincent

MadMel
sweet big grin

Obsidian Fury
http://www.blizzard.com/

The subtle circles you see contain runes from D2

BackFire
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/splash.html

Is official.

Have fun.

MadMel
YAY!!

wait hasnt this thread been done before by vinny?

Peach
His was more of a "what's this?" thread. This is going to be the official Diablo III thread.

I just went and saw that and holy crap, I can't believe they actually announced this! I just texted one of my friends to tell him big grin

Vinny Valentine
Was not a "What's this thread" Lana ermm

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Peach
His was more of a "what's this?" thread. This is going to be the official Diablo III thread.

I just went and saw that and holy crap, I can't believe they actually announced this! I just texted one of my friends to tell him big grin

No It Wasn't happy

Made a Splash page, And a Diablo 3 Page.

Peach
I did not see this thread, just the splash page thread stick out tongue

Juntai
the in game footage and trailer look SICKKKK.

Morridini
Diablo, a game I've heard of, yet never played.

Is there an overall story throughout the games? Or re they independent enough to jump into the latest one? Vid looked nice tho.

Dark-Jaxx
There is a story, though I have only played Diablo 2, never one, so you prolly don't really need to buy the other 2.

Obsidian Fury
I just saw the cinematic teaser and gameplay video. Oh my God, this will be amazing. I want it and I want it bad.

Originally posted by Morridini

Is there an overall story throughout the games? Or re they independent enough to jump into the latest one? Vid looked nice tho.

I belive you will do just fine with jumping to the 3rd game directly. All Blizzard games are like that wink

Bluesteel
I have no doubt Blizzard will make alot of Diablo fans happy with this one, but the trailer is soooo rubbish, annoying background voice sounding like some musslim guy down in the middle east having a very bad day imafraid, it seemed so very cheap and overused imo. :/

Game might be rock tho smile

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by Bluesteel
I have no doubt Blizzard will make alot of Diablo fans happy with this one, but the trailer is soooo rubbish, annoying background voice sounding like some musslim guy down in the middle east having a very bad day imafraid, it seemed so very cheap and overused imo. :/

Game might be rock tho smile

Burn

Bluesteel
drown stick out tongue

Obsidian Fury
I can swim stick out tongue

Kazenji
Originally posted by Morridini

There is allways the internet you could read up on whats happen in the games.

MadMel
so far i have seen a barbarian and a witch doctor, which seems to be the necro or druid replacement from what i can see (or at least some weird combination of them erm)
any other classes announced?

Kazenji
Wonder if we get to finish off the last two lesser evils in this sequal.

MadMel
indeed, that would be nice yes

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by MadMel
so far i have seen a barbarian and a witch doctor, which seems to be the necro or druid replacement from what i can see (or at least some weird combination of them erm)
any other classes announced?

I read somewhere that necromancer will not be part of this.

BackFire
That's ridiculous. Why would it not? It's one of the most popular classes.

Peach
Yeah, that'd be really lame. I love playing as a necromancer...

Burning thought
no It seems to me the witch doctor is taking over, I mean summonable undead minions, poisonous esque attacks etc etc

But so far I think it looks brilliant, the graphics and everything are a nice touchup and the physics, but the gmaeplay shows interaction of high level with monsters and cinematic events such as when you see the large fat blob of a creature being created, the fat blobs themselves explode into little creatures which is nice, i think theres a huge uniqueness in the diablo and i cant w8 to carry on with the story, I love the interaction like when the boss ate the barbarian for example, I think large bosses that interact with the players whether it be in diffrent death animations and such is a major win and improvement over simliar games.

Diablo himself will be pleased, and hopefully well get to see him once again in Person, "bows to the dark lord, his almighty terroryness"

Obsidian Fury
It does not seem like there will be a return of Diablo. So far it seems like it all revolve around a new evil. Besides, the soul stones were destroyed in the 2nd game and the big monster in the end of the cinematic does not look at all like Diablo.

BackFire
I guess it's possible that Necro could be gone. Just an odd decision, I think.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
It does not seem like there will be a return of Diablo. So far it seems like it all revolve around a new evil. Besides, the soul stones were destroyed in the 2nd game and the big monster in the end of the cinematic does not look at all like Diablo. A Diablo game without Diablo? BLASPHEMY!

Burning thought
The soul stone destruction simply sends the prime evils back deep into hell. I think Diablo will once again reign supreme as final boss of the game, I think it will look like a new evil to begin with, maybe throw in the other lesser evils along the way but eventually clues both big and small will point to Diablo coming back for the final showdown, I mean nothing else is as powerful fir a prime opponent.

I agree blackfire, I think the witchdoctor is a good idea for a class, but a replacement for the Necromancer, nope thats a shame imo, but not game changing for me, it may not really effect me once ive got the game at last.

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by BackFire
I guess it's possible that Necro could be gone. Just an odd decision, I think.

Well, the reason they did not bring the Necromancer in could be because of the fact that it was the most popular character.
It would be a scenario similar to a few patches in World of Warcraft, where in a question session Blizzard explained what they did what they did to promote the less popular classes and builds.

They might have removed the Necromancer in fear that it would be as popular as it was in D2. This is just a guess of mine though.

It could also for the reason that Diablo 3 will only contain 5 classes, and the Witch Doctor would prove more endurant in variation of skills than the necromancer whom is sorta in the same school of magic.

Burning thought
Ime growing to like the witch doctor, i mean every game and its sequel seems to have a Necromancer in it somewhere, I think a witchdoctor is unique, and some of its awsome abilities like locust swarm are great, as well as the cool Zombie wall thing.

Dark-Jaxx
I think it is quite possible the "new evil" will simply be a pawn to resurrect Diablo. A common theme in demonis themed games.

Burning thought
He does not need resurrection, Diablo is not dead, infact He may be more powerful than ever before now that hes in the central place of Hell itself, I can imagine the Demon lord would be at his strongest in such a place.

SaTsuJiN
I totally damn-near shit myself when the boss bit the barbarian in half and threw his corpse like trash... I'm sold

and yeah.. witchdoctor has all the necro skillz it would seem.. corpse bomb.. zombie wall.. damage over time, group fear, confuse.. yada yada..

loving that there are male / female versions of each class too.. lots more aesthetic value

Burning thought
agree completly, I love the effects, like bodies turning to skeletons after locust swarm eats then, enemies like bloated things that explode and turn into other things, the cinematic and atmospheric touch masterfully created for moments like when the large fat mini boss was made and ofcourse, most of all the Bosses that do things like what you descriped, interactions with players on a more physical basis adds to the experiance massively and imo is a large thing to thnk about.

Kazenji
and the big monster in the end of the cinematic does not look at all like Diablo.

Possibly one of the lesser evils ??

MadMel
diablo looked different with each passing game..
the diablo the the first game looked nothing like the diablo in the second game erm

Dark-Jaxx
the diablo the the first game looked nothing like the diablo in the second game erm Right.

Kazenji
He is right wink

The one in Diablo 2 is at full power

Obsidian Fury
the diablo the the first game looked nothing like the diablo in the second game erm

There were similarities. There are none with this creature. Originally posted by Kazenji
Possibly one of the lesser evils ??

Could be. There are two remaining, right?

Burning thought
Originally posted by Kazenji
He is right wink

The one in Diablo 2 is at full power

Not at all, the Diablo in Diablo 2 is stronger than in Diablo 1, but the Diablo is not at full power, the full power version is before the primes are banished to Sanctuary by the might of hell and the other lesser evils.

Burning thought
Azmodan and Belial are the lesser evils currently at full strength I belive, but their in civil war i think at the moment

zbucsz
as long i can still pwn as a smiter or a cs zon im good

Obsidian Fury
Don't count on it.

Burning thought
hm so you say theres definatley only 5 classes? could this not just be 5 classes thought out so far and Blizzard may add more later? 5 classes doesnt worry me too much, we already have a witch doctor and a Barb and their fun

Obsidian Fury

WrathfulDwarf
I was never much into the Diablo franchise. Might have to start with this one and see what's all the fuzz about.

I can't help to think that this will be like the Doom III of this generation. Big expectation....small delivery.

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I was never much into the Diablo franchise. Might have to start with this one and see what's all the fuzz about.

I can't help to think that this will be like the Doom III of this generation. Big expectation....small delivery.

Blizzard does not do "small delivery" stick out tongue

Burning thought
Five character classes will be included in the game, two of which, the barbarian and witch doctor, were revealed when the game was announced at the 2008 Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational. The other classes will be announced at a later date.

hmm but i wonder where that info comes from, the 5 classes

and I agree with Obisdion WD, Blizzard rarely if ever give small delivery

Obsidian Fury
Diablo 3's FAQ

Vinny Valentine
-Removing Necromancers for Witchdoctors... fair trade it looks like after seeing the witch doctors spells.

-Amazing Graphics and Interactive enviorment

-Massive playing zones, look at the world map. It's bigger then The Outland in WoW.

-Read Cain's Journal on the D3 Site, it'll catch you up through the first two games, narrated by Cain himself.

-I suspect Tyreal is the new badguy.

-Once Again, Amazing Graphics and gameplay.

Obsidian Fury
The Cain interactions are awesome big grin I love the dialogue they have in the gameplay teaser "No one ever listens" stick out tongue

Kazenji
Originally posted by Burning thought
Not at all, the Diablo in Diablo 2 is stronger than in Diablo 1

Naaaaa are you serious roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well the one in the second game certainly was alot more stronger.

except with Doom 3 that was more of a remake of the first game and this is a second sequal.

Burning thought
Naaaaa are you serious roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well the one in the second game certainly was alot more stronger.

yes, the one in the first game has less attacks, in the second game it has so many more and the power of the hero that imprisoned him, and in the lore before the players play the games and before Diablo is banished he has the power to along with his brothers defeat a third of hells forces at the same time as being attacked by most of hell and two lesser evils (ime not sure if the Andariel and Duriel hepled Azmo and Belial)

The one in the second game was stronger than the one players fought in the first game, but the diablo from the lore in the very beginning would annhilate Sanctuary and all its heroes with little ease imo

forumcrew
should be good

FlappingMangera
Will get, but please, no cow level!!!

Dark-Jaxx
I can't help to think that this will be like the Doom III of this generation. Big expectation....small delivery. http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6672/doomflashlightcv7.jpg

Couldn't help it.

zbucsz
i loved the cow levels, mad xp moooooooooooooo

Vinny Valentine
Dont care what anyone says, this game looks amaaazziingg..

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Dont care what anyone says, this game looks amaaazziingg..

That is the understatement of the week stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN

heh.. nah I think that will be starcraft 2

my only personal disappointment with diablo3 right now is seeing how small the world map is.. I mean damn.. is it really customary to have 1 or 2 continents with each fantasy world? lol

but to be fair.. doom 3 was ridiculous with that.. you had like.. videos of carmack and trent reznor every 2 seconds talking about how doom3 was gonna be the future of gaming..

I dont see blizzard praising their own games that much

Neo Darkhalen
Well if they gameplay is good, and we have a nice story i believe we will be able to overlook the small world map.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Well if they gameplay is good, and we have a nice story i believe we will be able to overlook the small world map.

The world map is bigger then Outland.

SaTsuJiN

the main content is azeroth...so I'm comparing it to that

Kazenji
I'm guessing the its gonna be as big as the world in Sacred......**** that was one huge place.

Obsidian Fury
I am most curious about how free to walk the world is. Both Diablo 1 and 2 is pretty linear. I hope there is a little more motion / exploring / questing liberty in Diablo 3.

Burning thought
Id like the idea of being able to choose what lands I visit, if I want to visit areas like Kurast and the jungles, I should be able to travel there from the beginning, same with desert lands and complte the main objectives in whatever Order i wish (ofc those that do not need quests completed before them)

zbucsz
when do you guys think it will come out next year or 2010

Obsidian Fury

Unless you are talking about lore, that is not very big stick out tongue

Bluesteel
you can move on foot from one end of outland to the other in like 30-45mins if im not mistaken...

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by Bluesteel
you can move on foot from one end of outland to the other in like 30-45mins if im not mistaken...

In a straight line, very possible. Outland is not very big. If Diablo III is around that size, then it will not be a very long game.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by zbucsz

I'm thinking 2012 or later

MadMel
i cant wait that long, ill be graduating and having a life by then sad

DigiMark007
i cant wait that long, ill be graduating and having a life by then sad

laughing out loud

....as if graduation stops us from playing games. It just means you'll have more money to feed the addiction.

wink

Blax_Hydralisk
Unless you're a bum giving handjobs for crack. ermm

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Unless you're a bum giving handjobs for crack. ermm you wouldnt give handjobs, even if it meant playing d3? wink

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by zbucsz

Late 2009 is my guess.

DigiMark007
Anyone else feel like they changed the idiom a bit with the graphics? The first two, while obviously not system-hogs in the graphics department, had a hand-drawn softer feel to them. The new one almost looks a little too cartoonish.

Call me nostalgic, but I'd love for them to use a few grainy texture brushes to make it seem a bit more like a sequel than a new product entirely.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Anyone else feel like they changed the idiom a bit with the graphics? The first two, while obviously not system-hogs in the graphics department, had a hand-drawn softer feel to them. The new one almost looks a little too cartoonish.

Call me nostalgic, but I'd love for them to use a few grainy texture brushes to make it seem a bit more like a sequel than a new product entirely.

honestly I thought it looked like a more gory-realistic wow (which is what I wanted).. but I absolutely think it could use more 'grunge'.. as it does seem too clean.. but I think those vicious deaths make up for it XD

DigiMark007
Apparently I'm not the only one thinking along those lines. A yahoo video informed me yesterday that there's a hundreds-of-thousands strong petition to change the visual style to align it more with the earlier games.

Burning thought
tbh ime not of that mind, i think it looks fine, it doesnt look that much like WoW to me at all, I think it looks dark and the characters look evil enough, with the gore and effects so far, it looks fine, I dont think the graphics look to bad, I just think too many people are used to the look of Diablo 2, the old 2D, special effectless (well almost, comapred to todays 3D games) look that is dark and cruel and gives great atmopshere I agree but the gaming is moving into 3D, and tbh I personally think by the looks of Diablo 3 its not too bad, it doesnt look cartoony thats for sure.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Burning thought
tbh ime not of that mind, i think it looks fine, it doesnt look that much like WoW to me at all, I think it looks dark and the characters look evil enough, with the gore and effects so far, it looks fine, I dont think the graphics look to bad, I just think too many people are used to the look of Diablo 2, the old 2D, special effectless (well almost, comapred to todays 3D games) look that is dark and cruel and gives great atmopshere I agree but the gaming is moving into 3D, and tbh I personally think by the looks of Diablo 3 its not too bad, it doesnt look cartoony thats for sure.

It does compared to the first two, which were very dark and gothic, almost to the point of being bland. In any case, the visual aura was much more austere.

Gameplay is far more important than graphics for ANY game, so it's not that I'm terribly upset. But I'm far from the only one to think it lacks visual continuity with the first two.

Nozdormu
There wont be a necromancer class and there wont be an amazon class.. That much is for certain..

MadMel
noooo
my favourite sad
oh well, as long as theres an assassin i'll be happy big grin

xxxpoppunker182
they should bring back the rouge from diablo 1 because they'll keep an archer class

Nozdormu
noooo
my favourite sad
oh well, as long as theres an assassin i'll be happy big grin

Dont be too sure.. This due to:

1. There will be 5 classes
2. There will be a Witch Doctor and a Barbarian
3. Down to 3 remaining slots, there will certainly be a ranged and a balanced melee class (Barbarian being heavy, it is Blizzard's style to make a balanced melee. Probably warrior or paladin, considering Blizzard favoring the paladin so much).
4. Down to 1. This could possibly be a sorcerer of some sort. It is the 5th class that is the questionmark. imo, doubtly assassin

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Nozdormu
considering Blizzard favoring the paladin so muchwow.. insta-fail statement

Nozdormu
Why so?

SaTsuJiN
spec may have been nice and overpowered.. but it took them nearly 4 years to fix the melee aspect in world of warcraft

in d2, the only viable paladin was zeal / fanat and life / mana leech spam

then after synergy the retarded hammerdin (the concept of which makes no sense) is the only way to actually make Hell difficulty playable

I fail to see exactly how they are so very favored

Nozdormu
I werent talking about gameplay, but sure.. They are favored there as well.. The currently absolutely strongest class in D2 is paladin.. Since the start, Paladin has always been one of the strongest.. Both in PK and MK.. There are a lot of various tactics usable, and many are incredibly strong.. If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that Zeal is far from the most efficient Paladin construct.. In fact, compared to many others, the Zeal strategy SUCKS A LOT..

What I was talking about was not gameplay though.. In the majority of official Blizzard art, the Paladin is always the favorite.. The picture with the three prime evils has the paladin in the center.. the picture with all the heroes against Diablo, Paladin is the only one unharmed, and walks straight towards Diablo calmly while shining bright of holy energy.. In the picture with all the heroes, the paladin is in the center.. In the picture with Tyrael, the Paladin is the class that is kneeling.. In the picture with all the undeads, Paladin is the only one without problems..

And there are even more indications about Paladin being a favored class, if you wanna hear them..

SaTsuJiN
I werent talking about gameplay, but sure.. They are favored there as well.. The currently absolutely strongest class in D2 is paladin.. Since the start, Paladin has always been one of the strongest.. Both in PK and MK.. There are a lot of various tactics usable, and many are incredibly strong.. If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that Zeal is far from the most efficient Paladin construct.. In fact, compared to many others, the Zeal strategy SUCKS A LOT..

What I was talking about was not gameplay though.. In the majority of official Blizzard art, the Paladin is always the favorite.. The picture with the three prime evils has the paladin in the center.. the picture with all the heroes against Diablo, Paladin is the only one unharmed, and walks straight towards Diablo calmly while shining bright of holy energy.. In the picture with all the heroes, the paladin is in the center.. In the picture with Tyrael, the Paladin is the class that is kneeling.. In the picture with all the undeads, Paladin is the only one without problems..

And there are even more indications about Paladin being a favored class, if you wanna hear them..

- zeal fanat WAS the most efficient.. until synergy buffed the shit out of blessed hammer (which I had already stated), so I in fact, do know what I'm talking about

- lol @ judging favoritism by art... thats merely for dramatic purposes.. do you think tyrael (an angel) fits more with a paladin (a warrior guided by the heavens)... or something like an assassin (a ruthless cuthroat who could give a damn)?.. thats just my 2 cents though

- I would hope paladin doesnt have a problem with undead.. unless you dont know what a paladin is / does?

- sure, I'd love to hear about gameplay favoritism instead though.. artwork is really just about 'what looks coolest'.. whatever it takes to sell the image

In any case.. I doubt there will be paladins in Diablo III since I've never heard of a female going to train at Zakarum

xxxpoppunker182
also keep in mind blizzard has always come out with expansions so we can probably expect another 2 classes about a year or two after d3 is released

Vinny Valentine
This is true.

Kazenji
In fact, compared to many others, the Zeal strategy SUCKS A LOT..

What Zeal strategy ?

Doctor-Alvis
Zeal + fanaticism.

I think the most effective single target paladin build right now is the smiter route.

Though with crushing blow, a lot of things can be effective.

Kazenji
I have not used that strategy before

in these strategy guide that i have it says its best left on lvl 2 after that its useless otherwise its best for multiplayer.

SaTsuJiN
I believe Blessed Hammer build is the only thing you can make it to Hell difficulty with and still be able to solo

Doctor-Alvis
Skelemancers can do it too. Maybe bowazons with a witchwild string. Kickers/furysins. There are probably more. Skelemancers and hammerdins are definitely the cheapest builds, both skill-wise and gear-wise, that can make it on their own in hell.

Kazenji
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

In any case.. I doubt there will be paladins in Diablo III since I've never heard of a female going to train at Zakarum

Instant Fail there for someone who has played Diablo 2 erm

There has been Female Paladins, ACT 2 the NPC called Fara

Obsidian Fury
I believe Blessed Hammer build is the only thing you can make it to Hell difficulty with and still be able to solo

Far, far, far from it.

Obsidian Fury
Instant Fail there for someone who has played Diablo 2 erm

There has been Female Paladins, ACT 2 the NPC called Fara

Aint the woman in Act 4 a paladin as well?

Vinny Valentine
Aint the woman in Act 4 a paladin as well?

Yes.

Kazenji
Who Jamella ?

first i've heard she's a paladin.

SaTsuJiN
Jamella is a friggin angel.. so I doubt that... at least I dont think any schmo besides the "hero" can just waltz through the bastion gates

Also, I'm technically correct about Fara

while I hadnt thought that women could become paladins.. she, at that time, was no longer a paladin as she admitted to losing her title many years ago.. now she just sits around with her cleavage hanging out tossing around petty heals

jamella is an act IV npc with no dialogue http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/473/

so apparently just the amazon gets screwed with the female / male conversion?

Kazenji

Actually no you were'nt you've never mentioned Fara in this DIablo 3 thread until now after i've proven you wrong.

Obsidian Fury
Jamella is a friggin angel.. so I doubt that... at least I dont think any schmo besides the "hero" can just waltz through the bastion gates

while I hadnt thought that women could become paladins.. she, at that time, was no longer a paladin as she admitted to losing her title many years ago.. now she just sits around with her cleavage hanging out tossing around petty heals

jamella is an act IV npc with no dialogue http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/473/

so apparently just the amazon gets screwed with the female / male conversion?

She is female, is she not? If females couldn't be Paladins, then why were she allowed to train in the first place and even titled a champion?

Burning thought
Where does it say Jamella is an angel?

Obsidian Fury
I do not know. Was she ever part of the books?

SaTsuJiN
Actually no you were'nt you've never mentioned Fara in this DIablo 3 thread until now after i've proven you wrong.

she is currently no longer a paladin, which has been stated by her

and I had said there are no female paladins

so what part of that is me being proven wrong? its all a matter of time line

also its pretty obvious jamella is celestial at the very least, if she isnt an angel already.. writing script into thin air and residing at the bastion fortress

Obsidian Fury
Script into thin air .... that could be considered magic .... there's a lot of that in Diablo .... not only among angels ....

And since that woman has been a paladin, it isnt impossible that being a female paladin is possible.

Kazenji
she is currently no longer a paladin, which has been stated by her

and I had said there are no female paladins

so what part of that is me being proven wrong? its all a matter of time line

But you said "Also, I'm technically correct about Fara"

Oh bloody nevermind.............

xxxpoppunker182
honestly this whole debate about which npc is or isn't a paladin is pointless and useless

SaTsuJiN
well it basically stemmed from my curiosity about whether or not the paladin class could be exempt from diablo 3.. like with barbarians, I have never seen a female barbarian (unless you count charsi.. she a biiiiig woman) NPC either (not one fighting at least), until Diablo 3 gameplay... and wouldnt a female barbarian be an amazon anyways?

I just dont want paladin (or any of the other cool d2 classes) to fall to the fate of the necromancer, and be butchered just to give another class some skillz

Kazenji

SaTsuJiN
lol after 50k people requested otherwise.. nice decision making blizz XD

Seer Q'Anilia
50.000 potential players signed a petition. That is probably not even a portion of the estimated quantity of buyers. Not to metion that all whom signed the petition will play the game even if no changes at all would be made. If Blizzard gave into 50.000 votes, a petition would be formed for every dislike there is.

I commendate Blizzard Entertainment for not giving into the desires of the petition. Very good choice.

SaTsuJiN
but its against what 'they' had originally designed the diablo universe to be in the first place...

players had absolutely no trouble targeting things in diablo 2 with its dark and grainy atmosphere.. I dont see what would make 3d any different.. I'm sure more than 50,000 people feel that way as well

starcraft fans are not liking starcraft 2, either btw.. and they MADE blizzard

Seer Q'Anilia
I like it brighter, and likely not the only one.

Vinny Valentine
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/media/movies/wizard.xml

MadMel
woah!

xxxpoppunker182
So far the wizard looks like the coolest of the three classes

Vinny Valentine
Wonder what the next two will be.

I'm thinking:

Criminal//Theif

or

Gunslinger Possibly (Hunter)

or Cleric

Vinny Valentine
Possibly even some sort of Monster Class.

BackFire
Doesn't matter, game's not coming out for 8 years.

Vinny Valentine
I heard 10.

Bardock42
Originally posted by BackFire
Doesn't matter, game's not coming out for 8 years. Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
I heard 10. You guys are joking, right? no expression

ThunderGodEneru
Yeah, wtf? no expression

Burning thought
lol ofc, its just a Blizzard trend, they make incredible products, but in the time they do it, hundreds more fill the shelves.

Vinny Valentine
Its a joke. It'll be out this year, or next.

SaTsuJiN
I think "this year" is a bit too high for hopes... probably sometime next year...

BackFire
I'd bet on 2011, late 2010 at the earliest.

SaTsuJiN
*crosses fingers for d2-type paladin or at least something interesting that hasnt been raped by WoW*

Vinny Valentine
Fourth Class Revealed: The Archavist

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/archivist.xml

Probably an April Fools prank

BackFire
It is.

Vinny Valentine
Hey, it looked like a cool class in theory though.

Mairuzu
Hopefully ill get a chance to go to blizzcon again next year

SaTsuJiN
the archivist would be a great idea.. throwing talismans on demons to exorcise them.. or creating temporary barriers to ward off spells or curses ..so it wouldnt be a half bad idea to actually flesh out, despite being a joke

Maverick2364
the archivist would be a great idea.. throwing talismans on demons to exorcise them.. or creating temporary barriers to ward off spells or curses ..so it wouldnt be a half bad idea to actually flesh out, despite being a joke

Agreed, given your description, I'm sure he'd be quite effective (and hopefully a bit more durable than the april fools video depicts). The only issue with using the cleric is that he'd have quite a bit of trouble with non-undead units.

niduin
this game looks awesome, tell me do you know if its going to be free like diablo2 was?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by niduin
this game looks awesome, tell me do you know if its going to be free like diablo2 was?

Yes, core Battle.net is going to be free. However, I've heard that they want to monetize certain bonus features.

Vinny Valentine
Obviously.

SaTsuJiN
pff.. they can keep the bonus crap.. kinda like how they can keep the zevra mount for signing up other victims

Vinny Valentine
Blizzcon soon, which means the release of the D3 characters.

SaTsuJiN
I hope they dont add any more "wow" elements to this game and instead make new ones.. like how they added the ability to change the properties of your spells

and.. obligatory *crosses fingers for paladin*

if not that.. some kind of battle mage.. I prefer melee with some magic on the side

Kazenji
I hope they dont add any more "wow" elements to this game and instead make new ones..

wow Elements ??

SaTsuJiN
yeah.. they copied wow's inventory system, and I'm fairly certain there are going to be professions of some kind.. theres a few more things but I cant name them off the top of my head

"WoW Lite" is the term coined for D3 these days

Kazenji
yeah.. they copied wow's inventory system, and I'm fairly certain there are going to be professions of some kind.. theres a few more things but I cant name them off the top of my head

Professions ?

sounds like they got that idea more from the Elder Scrolls games.

Burning thought
So...the Monk, any thoughts?

Vinny Valentine
**** Blizzard, no Diablo 3 till 2012. http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/NGreen/1251090383327s.jpg

Peach
Who's surprised? Not me.

Also, I'm finding that I'm not looking forward to this much any longer...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>