Wrestling Contest of Midtiers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Win by submission only.

Contestants:

The Thing
Rhino
Colossus
She-hulk
Namor
Iron Man
Sasquatch

george '06
sasquatch or namor
probably sasquatch
but i havent really kept up with recent namor

tkitna
Benjy FTW

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by tkitna
Benjy FTW

Hell yea Ben was and is, the Unlimited World Wrestling Champion.

redhotrash
Namor takes this.

Soljer
Grimm was a boxing champion. Colossus has a black belt in Judo.

Guess which is more relevant to a wrestling contest?

Marvelknight
Originally posted by tkitna
Benjy FTW

Ha-Son
Originally posted by Soljer

Agreed.

snoopdogg

Guess which is more relevant to a wrestling contest? Black belt in Judo? Where is this stated?

rougeredmage
is that a blackbelt in martial art from the

xavier dojo for higher martial arts perhaps.

please say their isa no flying rule

iron man should be disqualifed for wearing armor

rhino will just run and charge and be dodged

i am going to sAY that thing is going to win this one

MightyEInherjar
She-Hulk.

Dark-Jaxx
Thing is a boxer. Which=/=Wrestling.

If Collossus has a blackbelt in judo, he should win.

CaptainStoic
The Thing won the Unlimited World Wrestling Championship long ago, does anyone remember Demolition Dumphy? Ben wins this, and to top it off as Soljer said he is also a good striker.

Ha-Son
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
The Thing won the Unlimited World Wrestling Championship long ago, does anyone remember Demolition Dumphy? Ben wins this, and to top it off as Soljer said he is also a good striker.
That sounds like some WWF type organization. I'm sure this match is based on Greco-Roman or submission wrestling.

The Illuminati
The only black belt Colossus has perhaps goes with one of his X-man uniforms, he definitely doesn't have one in any form of martial arts. That's just from a makebelieve X-Fan's Marvel wish list.

As far as this thread goes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thing_(comics)#Powers_and_abilities Ben is the hands down winner.

And FTR UWWC was the UFC before there was a UFC.

Battlehammer

actually if not mistaken Grimm was a wrestler to and a dam good one.

Ha-Son
Originally posted by Battlehammer
actually if not mistaken Grimm was a wrestler to and a dam good one.
If he's a wrestler than he has a better chance at taking it.

MightyEInherjar
She-Hulk would dominate Thing in this competition, IMO.

She's shown herself to be considerably stronger than anyone except Namor, and her "Hulk genes" start to take over when she's in these type of scenarios. She could overpower anyone in the competition, and have not too much trouble pinning or submitting these contestants, the Thing included.

occultdestroyer
Iron Man.

Starscream M
it seems like Iron Man, Colossus and Thing have a big advantage in that nobody can really put them in a choke hold...so it'd be hard to submit them

snoopdogg
Choke won't work on Colossus. He does not need to breathe.

Ha-Son
Originally posted by Starscream M
it seems like Iron Man, Colossus and Thing have a big advantage in that nobody can really put them in a choke hold...so it'd be hard to submit them
I doubt and joint locks or chokes are going to work against Colossus though.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Ha-Son
I doubt and joint locks or chokes are going to work against Colossus though. so then he is unsubmittable...nobody short of WWHulk could twist Colossus's arms or legs into submission...but then again I don't see anyone being able to submit Ben either

Battlehammer
actaully I see no reason for why both colossus and ben can not be submitted becuases in my opinion they can be

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
actaully I see no reason for why both colossus and ben can not be submitted becuases in my opinion they can be how and who can submit them?

snoopdogg
so then he is unsubmittable...nobody short of WWHulk could twist Colossus's arms or legs into submission...but then again I don't see anyone being able to submit Ben either Even then Colossus did not give up.

Battlehammer
how and who can submit them?
there limbs still can be strained and broken and they both feel pain so there for they can be submitted.

golem370
It would come down to Thing & Sasquatch

Metalmanx
I see this as a three-way tie between Colossus, She-Hulk, and Sasquatch.

The Illuminati
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Choke won't work on Colossus. He does not need to breathe.

Actually a choke hold doesn't stop you from breathing, it stops the blood flow to your brain, which is when your passing out occurs.

The term "choke hold" is kind of misleading.

As far as She-Hulk is concerned.

Soljer
Originally posted by The Illuminati
Actually a choke hold doesn't stop you from breathing, it stops the blood flow to your brain, which is when your passing out occurs.

The term "choke hold" is kind of misleading.

As far as She-Hulk is concerned.

Blood choke vs. air choke.

Both exist.

The Illuminati
next page.

Dark-Jaxx
Ummm is this an actual, real wrestling kinda thing, or bullshit WWE fake Wrestling type of shit?

The Illuminati
Blood choke vs. air choke.

Both exist.

This is true there are a few "airchokes" but, 90+% of all chokeholds are what's considered a "carotidchoke" blocking the blood flow to the brain.

None the less all of these combatants need blood flowing to their brain cells to stay conscious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.