The Boss VS. Big Boss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThoraxeRMG
No PIS.
Rematch.

Dark-Jaxx
Big Boss still wins.

ThoraxeRMG
How? By using his cheap stealth? big grin

Dark-Jaxx
No, in single combat like in the game.

ThoraxeRMG
So you're saying Big Boss defeats The Boss in the CQC area despite her defeating him in each of their encounters?

Sado22
that's cuz he was having doubts. obviously.
look at him throughout their fights. he's either holding back or confused or too damn shocked cuz she always showed up when he least expected it.

in fact, the first time they fought, he just found out that his 10year mentor defected to the national enemy. and look at him throughout that scene....he was cumming all over the place cuz Boss was speaking to him. everytime she came onscreen Snake would look like he had a joygasm.

the second time, again, she got the drop on him...and he was still hesitant. on top of all that, he was rookie back then compared to Boss. not the hardass he becomes later on. even she kept telling him to get his head out of his ass or he won't beat her (i paraphrase)

Big Boss wins 6/10. actually no. he wins 5.1/10

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
So you're saying Big Boss defeats The Boss in the CQC area despite her defeating him in each of their encounters? Except the final one right? Snake got stronger. And...He was hesitant and unsure the other times, and at least one time she cheap shotted him.

Menetnashté
Well I can see this going down one of two ways:
1) the more realistic way, it doesn't go down like it did in the game, they go straight up CQC after both ridding themselves of their guns, and though Snake goes in with a clear mind he is still beaten by the boss after the most brutal of their battles.
2) It does go down like it did in the game, and you and the Boss stay distanced, relying mainly on your guns and stealth. Snake is decked out with camo, weapons and the latest tech for finding the bosses' location. Snake after an initial CQC battle detaches himself from the boss, uses camo to his advantage, he sees boss in the distance and with one clean shot snipes her in the head.

The first way is more realistic, so overall I think the boss would win.

Sado22
agreed with what you're saying, though i think you're ignoring the fact that the two times Boss won, Snake was still in the hesitant mindframe. something, she pointed out to him several times. i think the real fight would have been the one that happen in the end. besides, you're also ignoring the fact that Boss has WAY more experience then. if its Big Boss vs Boss, then i think Big Boss wins because now has more experience as well.

IMO it'd be fair if its Big Boss against Boss...which is what this thread is. hence, my belief that Boss wins.

besides...he's a guy shifty
*evil sexist laugh laughing *

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Sado22
Snake was still in the hesitant mindframe.

Not very much though.

Darkstorm Zero
My only question is, is this Naked Snake, or Big boss, when he's actually got some more EXP under his belt?

Naked Snake = Dead if it's pre-Shagohod battle, otherwise he has a decent chance.

Big Boss = post MGS3 is spelling doom for the Boss.

Dark-Jaxx

Sado22
agreed. anyone who disagrees will have to put up with DS's chilli nukes! mad

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Is that the way you beat her? Cause I just used CQC and punches and kicks. no expression

What mode did you play the game in?

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
My only question is, is this Naked Snake, or Big boss

Naked Snake style.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Naked Snake style.

Then reffer above, anything pre-Volgin/Shagohod battle won't do well enough. But post Shagohod? I'd give them each a 50/50 chance.

Sado22
imo, snake had a sorta "oedipus complex" when it came to Boss. everytime i play the game i can't shrug the feeling that he looks at her as both a mentor/maternal figure and....well, a hot mature woman worth laying.

maybe "snake eater" has more connotations than we think stick out tongue

~Sado

Dark-Jaxx
At any difficulty it is possible to physically fight Boss. Punches tend to be more effective than grabbing her, which almost never works, but it is possible to reverse her CQC holds on you.

Superherovandal
Yeah we don't know exactly how they canonically fought in the battle. For all we know it could have been mostly CQC and shooting with a little stealth.

Sado22
exactly. in the end we know two things canonically:
-he beat her
-and HE is considered the greatest soldier of the 20th century. not her.

batdude123
Interesting discussion here.

This fight doesn't necessarily have to come down to a CQC battle. In that regards, I do believe Boss has the obvious advantage. Jack commented on the fact that he was a "little rusty" on account of being in the Green Berets.

CQC=A form of judo, which favors Boss' style. However, as was demonstrated in the in-game scenario, his striking skills were able to get her to the ground. If Snake decides to fight smart and play his own game (meaning, if he decides to abandon the CQC approach to the fight), he'd be throwing punches and kicks. Assuming he's stronger (which is reasonable, based on the male-female physique), I think he could take advantage of his physicality.

Anyway, imo, if NS is smart, he'll use Muay Thai-esque striking abilities in order to put her away... akin to what you had to do in the game.

If it came down to a CQC battle... he'd have to really dig deep in order to pull out a win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.