Mortal KOmbat versus DCU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nij-ayias
Info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_vs._DC_Universe

If DC and Midway will make an official continuity of Mortal Kombat versus DC universe in comics? Who do you think will win?

Dark-Jaxx
Superman would solo the overrated slowass MK universe.

jinzin
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Superman would solo the overrated slowass MK universe.

What the f**k?

A few of the characters are outside of his ability to even hurt.
Most of them use magic.
And some of them are planet busting gods...

Supes would get RAILED by Shao Khan nevermind the entire MKU. Just like he got pwned by Skeletor and Mummra.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by jinzin
What the f**k?

A few of the characters are outside of his ability to even hurt.
Most of them use magic.
And some of them are planet busting gods...

Supes would get RAILED by Shao Khan nevermind the entire MKU. Just like he got pwned by Skeletor and Mummra. Shao Kahn, like many of your precious so-called "Gods", is only human speed in reactiontime. He won't touch Superman. Hell, look at the Raiden vs. Quan Chi and Shang Tsung fight, they moved at normal human speeds. Physically, MK is nothing. World busting? Raiden busted a planet in a comic, that is it, and if you want to use that bullshit Fatality crap Smoke can too with several hundred grenades(like Superman would let him use that many).

Fact is, they are much to slow to even hit Superman.

redhotrash
MK gods and such are forced to take a human form to compete in fighting tournaments. Raiden for example had to forfeit his power as a elder god to fight. This game is going to be ridiculous on so many levels. Marvel vs Capcom worked, this game wont. Flash being based by Scorpion? Wonder Woman being tossed around by Kitana? Granted Ive always much preferred Street Fighter anyway, but I just cant see where they can go with this.

carnage52
Originally posted by redhotrash
MK gods and such are forced to take a human form to compete in fighting tournaments. Raiden for example had to forfeit his power as a elder god to fight. This game is going to be ridiculous on so many levels. Marvel vs Capcom worked, this game wont. Flash being based by Scorpion? Wonder Woman being tossed around by Kitana? Granted Ive always much preferred Street Fighter anyway, but I just cant see where they can go with this. it could go either way theyd have to depower supes or speedblitz ftw on all.

Ouallada
Shao Kahn, like many of your precious so-called "Gods", is only human speed in reactiontime. He won't touch Superman. Hell, look at the Raiden vs. Quan Chi and Shang Tsung fight, they moved at normal human speeds. Physically, MK is nothing. World busting? Raiden busted a planet in a comic, that is it, and if you want to use that bullshit Fatality crap Smoke can too with several hundred grenades(like Superman would let him use that many).

Aha. But what if Quanchi called his homeboys Tyrant and Thanos?

emporerpants
except the creater of mortal kombat said that in the game he's making about this he's going to have superman depowered so that the mk characters have a chance.

jinzin
Shao Kahn, like many of your precious so-called "Gods", is only human speed in reactiontime. He won't touch Superman. Hell, look at the Raiden vs. Quan Chi and Shang Tsung fight, they moved at normal human speeds. Physically, MK is nothing. World busting? Raiden busted a planet in a comic, that is it, and if you want to use that bullshit Fatality crap Smoke can too with several hundred grenades(like Superman would let him use that many).

Raiden was mortal in outworld. no expression

Raiden was said to be capible of destroying a world simply by fighting on it back in MKI

Supes sucks against Magic. no expression

emporerpants
whatever the case may be either boone or tobius, whichever one is still working on mk, said that they were going to have a story reason for supes being depowered to make the fights more believable. maybe this planet destroying version of raiden won't be in the game? all i know is that in the game apparantly supes will be depowered.

jinzin
Originally posted by emporerpants
whatever the case may be either boone or tobius, whichever one is still working on mk, said that they were going to have a story reason for supes being depowered to make the fights more believable. maybe this planet destroying version of raiden won't be in the game? all i know is that in the game apparantly supes will be depowered. True, I'm guessing they're probably not the keenest on Supes and his vulnerability to magic otherwise I don't see why they think it would have been necessary. Guess we'll just have tosee who they've got fighting.

emporerpants
indeed. does anyone happen to know more of the roster for the game yet?

SmashBro
Originally posted by redhotrash
This game is going to be ridiculous on so many levels. Marvel vs Capcom worked, this game wont. Flash being based by Scorpion? Wonder Woman being tossed around by Kitana? Granted Ive always much preferred Street Fighter anyway, but I just cant see where they can go with this.

If Marvel vs. Capcom worked, then so can this. Besides, if matches like that got your concerned, then what about Ryu fighting the likes of Hulk, or Ken fighting Apocalypse or Thanos? See? The concept is the same.

celestialdemon
Mortal Kombat would get stomped.

quanchi112
Superman would solo the overrated slowass MK universe. Nope his weakness to magic would make him very vulnerable. Raiden could beat him himself imo.

[EC] Icarus II
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Mortal Kombat would get stomped.

rock

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by quanchi112
Nope his weakness to magic would make him very vulnerable. Raiden could beat him himself imo. Raiden is far too slow. Superman will have killed Raiden before he can move.

And Capcom has FAR more powerful characters in its roster than MK, hell, there are Darkstalkers who can solo the MK universe, one of them can do it with the weight of his balls.

jinzin
Raiden is far too slow. Superman will have killed Raiden before he can move.

And Capcom has FAR more powerful characters in its roster than MK, hell, there are Darkstalkers who can solo the MK universe, one of them can do it with the weight of his balls.

You're severly overestimating Superman's character. He doesn't run around like the Flash all the time, he can speed up when he knows the situation calls for it but he's not in the middle of thespeed force or something.

Hell, his CIS is the reason why people like Metallo, Lex, and Bats are able to scrore multiple advantages over the man. Besides, there's people who could take Superman out with ease, Scorpion could just BFR his ass. erm

Dark-Jaxx
You're severly overestimating Superman's character. He doesn't run around like the Flash all the time, he can speed up when he knows the situation calls for it but he's not in the middle of thespeed force or something.

Hell, his CIS is the reason why people like Metallo, Lex, and Bats are able to scrore multiple advantages over the man. Besides, there's people who could take Superman out with ease, Scorpion could just BFR his ass. erm There isn't even a character in MK who can hit soundspeed while fighting, let alone light. The top tiers in MK...They are human speed, and some, like Goro, are slower. They are slow and weak compared to DC. Flash could solo the series too.

-K-M-
I suggest people read the Raiden fight with Kano when he became a God, as Raiden deserves far more credit here.

He even has lifted an airplane like it was a toy

Obsidian Fury

The speed of light is 670,616,629.4mph. SM is considered FTL. Is anyone in MTK even 1000mph?

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
The speed of light is 670,616,629.4mph. SM is considered FTL. Is anyone in MTK even 1000mph? No.

And as for Raiden destroying a planet while fighting...Never happened. It was said the planet was being destroyed by a war between Gods or sumthin. I'll look for the vid.

chilled monkey
This is all moot, seeing as there's a specified reason why Superman (and maybe others as well) is weakened in the storyline (I think it's something to do with the dimensions colliding/merging and Supes being weakened by the energy of Outworld. Not sure though).

I'm really looking forwards to this game. I think it's going to be great!

Obsidian Fury
I would love to see SMP cut loose on MTK Universe.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
I would love to see SMP cut loose on MTK Universe. SMP can overpower the entire MK cast with one hand while using the other to jerk off to Lion King furry hentai.

quanchi112
Raiden is far too slow. Superman will have killed Raiden before he can move.

And Capcom has FAR more powerful characters in its roster than MK, hell, there are Darkstalkers who can solo the MK universe, one of them can do it with the weight of his balls. Nah raiden cant even be killed. He would teleport and be all over Superman. I also think Shao Kahn and Onaga could beat him.

MSP
none less the game is going to suck, they took out the fatality and the gore of the game.

psycho gundam
the game isn't M rated, mortal kombat with less than M content = fail.

and superman looks out of place, they should have at least changed his ugly pajama costume.

characters from dc i would put in that are plausible in the game:

-wonder woman
-wildcat
-batman
-catwoman
-bane
-killer croc
-deathstroke
-casandra cain
-black canary
-nightwing
-KGBeast

dc bosses:

-parasite
-doomsday
-general eiling

Allankles
Originally posted by MSP
none less the game is going to suck, they took out the fatality and the gore of the game.

Actually Boon said they'd be fatalities for most of the MK characters and some DC, and then brutalities for characters who don't kill like Batman and Superman.

Avlon
This pretty much sums up what happens to the MK universe.

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/276/sml1mf3.th.jpg http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/2659/sml2aw2.th.jpg

FATALITY! SUPES WINS!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.