H/P Doomsday vs Thanos w/ Power Gem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
No BFR.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13925/285549-100985-doomsday_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/12037/247836-106716-thanos_super.jpg

horrorwolf
Thanos.

quanchi112
Thanos rapes. He can beat him without the power gem.

bbrem123
thanos wins

power gem-It contains access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist, backs the other gems and boosts their effects. It allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible.

having the gem is just over kill

Harbinger
Thanos of Titan.

Dark-Jaxx
With the PG Thanos wins.

MightyEInherjar
HP Doomsday.

quanchi112
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
HP Doomsday. How?

Starscream M
Originally posted by quanchi112
How? HP Doomsday was the empodiment of POWER AND DESTRUCTION

he cannot be hurt, and he will evolve on the fly to kill

thanos is fuqed

quanchi112
Originally posted by Starscream M
HP Doomsday was the empodiment of POWER AND DESTRUCTION

he cannot be hurt, and he will evolve on the fly to kill

thanos is fuqed Entropy blasts oneshotted him. This was after hp. Superman sundipped easily survived entropy blasts. Do your homework next time please.

Hazsekswthurmom
Entropy blasts oneshotted him. This was after hp. Superman sundipped easily survived entropy blasts. Do your homework next time please. Lulz

TheGame17
if it was without the power gem, Doomsday would dominate thanos..

fangirl101
I can see this going either way. The Guardian called that version of Doomsday a near abstract being of destruction personified.

icu311
Why does Thanos have the power gem for this fight? It might be a good fight without it, but with it....

Thanos 10/10 easily.

TheGame17
Originally posted by icu311
Why does Thanos have the power gem for this fight? It might be a good fight without it, but with it....

Thanos 10/10 easily.

with it, it'd probably be thanos 7/10
w/o power gem, it'd be Doomsday 8-9/10...

fangirl101
Originally posted by icu311

Thanos 10/10 easily.

Becuz Thanos is not unbeatable with the PG. He'd just be amped. H/P doomsday would be amped beyond regular Thanos. with the gem, they'd be around even.

Nihilist
Originally posted by TheGame17
with it, it'd probably be thanos 7/10
w/o power gem, it'd be Doomsday 8-9/10...
how would dd get 3 wins when thanos has the power gem?

TheGame17
Originally posted by Nihilist
how would dd get 3 wins when thanos has the power gem?

DD is pretty equal to the power gem already...

Dark-Jaxx
DD is pretty equal to the power gem already... Ummm...No he's not. He may be equal to people who used the PG like retarded bricks like WM Thor.

Nihilist
DD is pretty equal to the power gem already...
sorry i disagree.

seeing as thanos w/power gem is speculation.

using thor w/gem as a guideline for what thanos could achieve.thor could not be stopped by the entire infinity watch-silver surfer and dr strange.

adding the pg to thanos's vast powers would be way to much for h/p doomsday.

under his own power he survived battles against odin and tyrant,something doomsday could not.

bbrem123
yea... please read about the power gem then make ur decisions, because there is no possible way for thanos to lose

Starscream M
please read about HP Doomsday as well before you call it for Thanos

judging by your sig, you have an unhealthy affinity for the titan

the DD that was killed by Imperiex was not HP DD, more like a cheap watered down version

the real HP DD tore through Darkseid and Superman amped with motherbox with ease, and the only way he could be defeated was by being BFRed into the end of time

TricksterPriest
Thanos wins via BFR, or it's an eternal stalemate.

Starscream M
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Thanos wins via BFR, or it's an eternal stalemate. there's no BFR allowed

bbrem123

the DD that was killed by Imperiex was not HP DD, more like a cheap watered down version

the real HP DD tore through Darkseid and Superman amped with motherbox with ease, and the only way he could be defeated was by being BFRed into the end of time

im pretty sure DD doesnt have all the power and energy that ever has or will exist...but whatever

quanchi112
if it was without the power gem, Doomsday would dominate thanos.. Why because he dominated a weaker Superman and beat darkseid down physically which Superman and Orion have also done.

Originally posted by fangirl101
I can see this going either way. The Guardian called that version of Doomsday a near abstract being of destruction personified. This Doomsday was weaker than the one killed in dos. To me it shows that the green lantern corps is weak if a predos Doomsday can run rampant through it.

Becuz Thanos is not unbeatable with the PG. He'd just be amped. H/P doomsday would be amped beyond regular Thanos. with the gem, they'd be around even. Thanos without the gem has fought tougher opponents and survived than Doomsday has.

DD is pretty equal to the power gem already... DD has limits and for the purpose of this thread will die real quick.

quanchi112

the real HP DD tore through Darkseid and Superman amped with motherbox with ease, and the only way he could be defeated was by being BFRed into the end of time Doomsday was more powerful after hunter and prey. If you read about Doomsday youwould realize everytime he is defeated he comes back better and this story was after hp and he was still oneshotted by something that couldnt even phase sundipped Superman.

Originally posted by bbrem123
im pretty sure DD doesnt have all the power and energy that ever has or will exist...but whatever He has nowhere near it. Doomsday is extremely overrated imo. He didnt beat anyone that tough in hp at all.

Starscream M

He has nowhere near it. Doomsday is extremely overrated imo. He didnt beat anyone that tough in hp at all.

umm...what are you babbling about?

he beat Darkseid AND Superman, two of the best toptiers DC has.

Also, it's not just that he beat them, it's HOW he beat them. He beat them effortlessly and they were COMPLETELY HELPLESS. It wasn't like they had a good fight and DD prevailed at the end, no, DD just massacred them like Mike Tyson fighting a 2 month old.

Also, I think the DD in Imperiex Saga was lacking in continuity from the HP DD series, he was much weaker and even acted differently. So please don't use that as an example of HP DD's true power. That was bad writing period.

fangirl101
Originally posted by bbrem123
im pretty sure DD doesnt have all the power and energy that ever has or will exist...but whatever

Nieither does Thanos with the PG. It will just allow him to amp himself and boost his powers. DD does the same pretty much on his own. Stalemate.

quanchi112
umm...what are you babbling about?

he beat Darkseid AND Superman, two of the best toptiers DC has.

Also, it's not just that he beat them, it's HOW he beat them. He beat them effortlessly and they were COMPLETELY HELPLESS. It wasn't like they had a good fight and DD prevailed at the end, no, DD just massacred them like Mike Tyson fighting a 2 month old.

Also, I think the DD in Imperiex Saga was lacking in continuity from the HP DD series, he was much weaker and even acted differently. So please don't use that as an example of HP DD's true power. That was bad writing period. Do you realize that back then Superman was nowhere near as powerful as he is written today. He was neutered by the writers so Doomsday beat a weaker Superman. Meh.
Darkseid has been creamed by current Superman and Orion. Both are top tiers. Doomsday failed to fight anyone over a top tier in this story.

Darkseid has sub par durability and went down easily while Superman like I alreadexplained wasnt anywhere near his current power levels.

No in Imperiex Saga there were more than two top tiers so he got his. This was after he was improved upon after hp. Again its all canon and all you have in hp is him beating two top tiers. He is powerful but nowhere near Thanos level with or without the power gem imo. smile

quanchi112
Nieither does Thanos with the PG. It will just allow him to amp himself and boost his powers. DD does the same pretty much on his own. Stalemate. Thanos has no limits to the kind of power he can draw from while Doomsday can be oneshotted and while Superman sundipped can laugh it off basically.

fangirl101
Thanos has no limits to the kind of power he can draw from while Doomsday can be oneshotted and while Superman sundipped can laugh it off basically.

Show me anywhere in H/P where DD was one Shotted or Where Superman Sundipped laughed him off.

quanchi112
Show me anywhere in H/P where DD was one Shotted or Where Superman Sundipped laughed him off. This happened afterwards in the Imperiex saga. Entropy blasts easily killed Doomsday while Supes was taking it.

Starscream M
This happened afterwards in the Imperiex saga. Entropy blasts easily killed Doomsday while Supes was taking it. so you're gonna just rely on shitty writing to support your case? imperiex DD was a shell of HP DD, both in power and ferocity

fangirl101
This happened afterwards in the Imperiex saga. Entropy blasts easily killed Doomsday while Supes was taking it.

What the HELL Does this have to do With HUNTER PREY DOOMSDAY?

Mr Master
The Power gem, not only gives the wielder raw unlimited power,
but also,
allows one to manipulate energies and have any ability they desire.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mr Master
but also,
allows one to manipulate energies and have any ability they desire.

Does it now? Then why the need for the other gems? Who's used this gem to amp themselves to such rediculous levels?

Starscream M
but also,
allows one to manipulate energies and have any ability they desire. it only gives the wielder the POTENTIAL to do such

so far, no one has ever made the power gem more useful than a boost in power

so the hype of the power gem precedes its actual usefulness

Mr Master

Does it now? Then why the need for the other gems?
Who's used this gem to amp themselves to such rediculous levels?
Well you can't give yourself the abilities of the other Gems,
but any other ability is up for grabs, potentially.
(potentially because it depends how much you can harness it)

Thanos is the perfect candidate to harness it to its maximum.

it only gives the wielder the POTENTIAL to do such

so the hype of the power gem precedes its actual usefulness
Actually, Thanos did. smile

But we didn't see him grant himself powers,
cause he was interested in becoming "God"
and that takes all 6 Gems.

And besides, even if the wielder is not adept enough to harness it at that level,
it will still give em unlimited durability and raw power at it's basic level.

Knowsbleed33
Thanos takes this particular fight. Without the gem is irrelevant.

fangirl101
Well you can't give yourself the abilities of the other Gems,
but any other ability is up for grabs, potentially.
(potentially because it depends how much you can harness it)

Thanos is the perfect candidate to harness it to its maximum.

Actually, Thanos did. smile

But we didn't see him grant himself powers,
cause he was interested in becoming "God"
and that takes all 6 Gems.

And besides, even if the wielder is not adept enough to harness it at that level,
it will still give em unlimited durability and raw power at it's basic level.
Wait. Thanos used the Power gem WHEN he had all of the other gems. Feat invalid.

quanchi112
so you're gonna just rely on shitty writing to support your case? imperiex DD was a shell of HP DD, both in power and ferocity I already explained in full detail that Doomsday only beat two top tiers. Nothing that impressive and nothing Thanos couldnt have done. Thanos at his weakest was taking on Thor and Thing at once.

What the HELL Does this have to do With HUNTER PREY DOOMSDAY? Its a more powerful more improved Doomsday. Same character and this happened after hunter and prey so its very relevant.

Starscream M
I already explained in full detail that Doomsday only beat two top tiers. Nothing that impressive and nothing Thanos couldnt have done. Thanos at his weakest was taking on Thor and Thing at once.

Its a more powerful more improved Doomsday. Same character and this happened after hunter and prey so its very relevant. yeah, cuz thor and thing are similar powerlevelwise to SUperman amped with motherbox tech and darkseid roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Does it now? Then why the need for the other gems? Who's used this gem to amp themselves to such rediculous levels? Thor was a universal threat with the power gem and was getting more powerful by the minute.

it only gives the wielder the POTENTIAL to do such

so the hype of the power gem precedes its actual usefulness No it has feats to back it up. Doomsday here couldnt take Thor with the power gem let alone Thanos who is 10 times the thinker than Thor. Thor with the power gem has more impressive feats than Dooomsday from hunter and prey. This thread is about Thanos who understands the gems better than Thor did and understands how to utilize this baby.

quanchi112
yeah, cuz thor and thing are similar powerlevelwise to SUperman amped with motherbox tech and darkseid roll eyes (sarcastic) That Superman was much weaker. And Doomsday didnt fight these two beings at once. Thor has better durability imo than Darkseid.

Mr Master

Wait.

Thanos used the Power gem WHEN he had all of the other gems. Feat invalid.
Wait.

Thanos only used the Power Gem when he only had two Gem (the other was the Soul)

In fact, he even belittled the Gradner for not understanding the potential of the Gems,
which evidently, Thanos immediately was able to harness fully:

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/469056_PW1.jpg http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/469057_PW2.jpg

Feat valid.

fangirl101
Wait.

Thanos only used the Power Gem when he only had two Gem (the other was the Soul)

In fact, he even belittled the Gradner for not understanding the potential of the Gems,

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/469056_PW1.jpg http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/469057_PW2.jpg

Feat valid.

And he amped himself infinitely and gave himself all kinds of new powers? I don't see that. He still had other gems.

Mr Master

Thor was a universal threat
with the power gem and was getting more powerful by the minute.
Actually, according to Eternity himself,
Thor was a threat to a good portion of the infinite prime Multiverse: (Eternity/Infinity)

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/8210/pg10tv7.th.jpg

I was unaware of this until now,
my, my, now that's impressive.

And Thor wasn't even wielding the Gem fully.

Imagine Thanos who can. fear

fangirl101
Wait.

Feat valid.
That isn't the power gem he's using. He's using the time gem correct? what the hell does that have to do with the power gem?

fangirl101
Thor was a threat to a good portion of the infinite prime Multiverse: (Eternity/Infinity)

my , my, now that's impressive.

And A guardian stated that DD could be a threat to them all.

bbrem123

great scan...if u argue against that ur just a fanboy

Mr Master

And he amped himself infinitely and gave himself all kinds of new powers?
I don't see that.
I already told you he didn't give himself powers
cause his goal was to become "God" and he needed all of them for that.

But notice how he actually increased the Gardner's powers beyond his control.

Unbelievable,
he literally over-amped his opponent, with his opponent's own abilities ftw. laughing out loud

He still had other gems.
He only had the Soul Gem, which he did not use on Gardner.

Also, Thanos is clearly explaining to Gardner how he harnessed the Gem's potential,
while Gardner didn't even know of such a thing.

Please, don't sleep on Thanos when it comes to adapting to items of power.

Starscream M

Imagine Thanos who can. fear umm...hyperbole much??

you do realize writers love to utilize exaggeration to hype stuff up right?

Thor was nowhere a threat to infinity...that claim is laughable.

quanchi112
And A guardian stated that DD could be a threat to them all. Doomsday was easily dealt with then by the Guardians. He was later stalemated by dos Superman a much weaker version of Superman than the current Supes.

Imagine Thanos who can. fear thumb up

umm...hyperbole much??

Thor was nowhere a threat to infinity...that claim is laughable. Thats Eternity talking. He knows what he is talking about. He is an abstract being. You act as if the embodiment of the universe would hyperbolize? Seriously quit trolling and bring some evidence to the table. You create threads and seem rather ignorant about who you even inculde in your own threads.

jks
Only on kmc will you get people seriously giving DD a chance in this fight....

quanchi112
Originally posted by jks
Only on kmc will you get people seriously giving DD a chance in this fight.... laughing out loud

TheGame17
Doomsday was easily dealt with then by the Guardians. He was later stalemated by dos Superman a much weaker version of Superman than the current Supes.

thumb up

Thats Eternity talking. He knows what he is talking about. He is an abstract being. You act as if the embodiment of the universe would hyperbolize? Seriously quit trolling and bring some evidence to the table. You create threads and seem rather ignorant about who you even inculde in your own threads.

Thanos wins here. w/o the power gem he would get beat down badly though.

Thanos is overrated so u don't haft to jump on his sack all the time smile

TheGame17
Originally posted by jks
Only on kmc will you get people seriously giving DD a chance in this fight....

ya, in THIS fight. if it was a thanos vs. DD thread with no power gem, doomsday would prevail,...

quanchi112
Thanos wins here. w/o the power gem he would get beat down badly though.

Thanos is overrated so u don't haft to jump on his sack all the time smile Well I am just pointing out that all he did was beat down two top tiers. Thanos has raped the Surfer just the same and actually before his final upgrade taken on Odin and such.

I think Thanos is underrated in this forum but you choose to disagree. I also think Thanos beats him without the power gem.

But we agree on this particular thread and both see Thanos as the victor here. stick out tongue

TheGame17
Well I am just pointing out that all he did was beat down two top tiers. Thanos has raped the Surfer just the same and actually before his final upgrade taken on Odin and such.

I think Thanos is underrated in this forum but you choose to disagree. I also think Thanos beats him without the power gem.

But we agree on this particular thread and both see Thanos as the victor here. stick out tongue

how exactly is he "underrated?"

Mr Master

umm...hyperbole much??

In other words,

"I don't like that piece of evidence,
so, I'll dismiss it by calling it hyperbole."

Nice, even though it's in the Gems power-set to grant infinite raw power.

Thor was nowhere a threat to infinity...that claim is laughable.
I think your defiance of on panel evidence is laughable as well,
but I ain't laughing.

Starscream M
In other words,

"I don't like that piece of evidence,
so, I'll dismiss it by calling it hyperbole."

Nice, even though it's in the Gems power-set to grant infinite raw power.

I think your defiance of on panel evidence is laughable as well,
but I ain't laughing. so did Thor demonstrate ONPANEL this infinity-endangering power?!

cuz you know Spiderman once said Sentry stalemated Galactus too!

and we know how valid that statement turned out, what with the ONPANEL evidence demonstrating Sentry to be nowhere near the power of that ridiculous statement.

quanchi112
how exactly is he "underrated?" Some still give Darkseid the win over him and dont think he can even hurt Odin when he lasted with him before his last major upgrade.

quanchi112
so did Thor demonstrate ONPANEL this infinity-endangering power?!

and we know how valid that statement turned out, what with the ONPANEL evidence demonstrating Sentry to be nowhere near the power of that ridiculous statement. Thor had limitless power meaning there was no limit to how powerful he could become. He was always growing stronger and Eternity mentioning this also shows you this isnt speculation friend. You cant pick and choose which evidence is acceptable. Thats not a good way to debate imo.

Starscream M
Thor had limitless power meaning there was no limit to how powerful he could become. He was always growing stronger and Eternity mentioning this also shows you this isnt speculation friend. You cant pick and choose which evidence is acceptable. Thats not a good way to debate imo. limitless, omnipotent, invulnerable...none of these terms actually mean what they mean and each has been tossed around so many times that their value is worthless without onpanel evidence backing them up

psycho gundam
thanos de-powers doomsday back into the baby form he once was then steps on it, just like he did to that alien he sent to kill the silver surfer.

quanchi112
limitless, omnipotent, invulnerable...none of these terms actually mean what they mean and each has been tossed around so many times that their value is worthless without onpanel evidence backing them up Its backed up with on panel evidence. You are never going to have someone prove they have limitless energy if you dont accept statements. The power gem is limitless and this has already been proven. Doomsday is not unkillable though by any means. stick out tongue

Mr Master

so did Thor demonstrate ONPANEL this infinity-endangering power?!
In about 2-5 minutes, you'll be a true believer.

and we know how valid that statement turned out, what with the ONPANEL evidence demonstrating Sentry to be nowhere near the power of that ridiculous statement.
This is inconsequential to the Power Gem.

Sentry is a nobody in the cosmic scheme of things,

while Eternity is ...

... well, the embodiment of Time across the infinite prime Multiverse.

Please, it's far more ridiculous
for you to compare what Sentry says, to what Eternity knows.

Sentry said ... laughing

OneDumbG0
For clarification, the Doomsday that was killed by Imperiex Prime was the same Doomsday from 'Hunter/Prey.' Braniac travelled to the end of time to retrieve H/P Doomsday and tried controlling him in 'Doomsday Wars.' He failed and Superman trapped him by perpetually shifting his body between 4 transporters.

This same exact Doomsday was the one that was released against Imperiex Prime during 'Our Worlds At War.' Brainwashed into thinking all the Imperiex drones were Superman, he was finally killed by Imperiex Prime. That was the last we saw of H/P Doomsday. Anything thereafter has been a clone.

As for Superman shrugging off entropy blasts; well, he was saved by some "agent ulterior" the first time. And the blasts he was taking from Braniac drones in that one panel (and only one panel) may or may not have been entropy blasts. Braniac was obviously powered by Imperiex energies but then again, so were the tendrils that were beating up on the Amazons when they were simultaneously assaulting Warworld. And I'm reading the comics now and nothing says that those blasts were entropy blasts. I think it's more plausible that they are entropy blasts, but nothing appears to suggest that they were on or near the same level as the blast that came from Imperiex Prime's hand and incinerated H/P Doomsday. My two cents.

EDIT: Oh wow. The debate has totally raged past the posts I was intending to respond to in such a short time. That's what I get for talking to girl about her problems for 45 minutes. I feel out of place now... confused

quanchi112
In about 2-5 minutes, you'll be a tru believer.

This is inconsequential to the Power Gem.

Sentry is a nobody in the cosmic scheme of things,

while Eternity is ...

... well, the embodiment of Time across the infinite prime Multiverse.

Please, it's far more ridiculous
for you to compare what Sentry says, to what Eternity knows.

Sentry said ... laughing laughing out loud laughing

zeel
yeah, cuz thor and thing are similar powerlevelwise to SUperman amped with motherbox tech and darkseid roll eyes (sarcastic)

thing is not that tough.

h1a8
It is impossible to beat HP DD without BFR and one-shotting. He adapts after each blow. And Thanos isn't one-shotting him for sure.

HP DD wins 10/10
This is spite.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
It is impossible to beat HP DD without BFR and one-shotting. He adapts after each blow. And Thanos isn't one-shotting him for sure.

HP DD wins 10/10
This is spite. Do you always ignore on panel evidence as to what the power gem is capable of? Why cant Thanos oneshot him anyways his power is limitless?

Starscream M
Do you always ignore on panel evidence as to what the power gem is capable of? Why cant Thanos oneshot him anyways his power is limitless? What did Mr. Master show?

that Thanos used the power gem to AMP someone's power so much that it backfires on them.

So is he gonna try to amp DD too?! that'd be a big mistake, as he's likely to die because of it.

quanchi112
What did Mr. Master show?

that Thanos used the power gem to AMP someone's power so much that it backfires on them.

So is he gonna try to amp DD too?! that'd be a big mistake, as he's likely to die because of it. Did you miss the Eternity scan?

Mr Master

What did Mr. Master show?
Mr Master isn't done, just give me a few more minutes,
cropping my butt off over here.

You see, this isn't something I normally have to prove,
since most seasoned cosmic debaters know the PG's abilities,
but it's fun for me and a pleasure to share the knowledge.

Just a little while longer. smile

Did you miss the Eternity scan?
thumb up That should've said it all.

Don't worry,
wonder what will be said
when I post the LT stating
that ALL the Gems are infinite in the respective aspect they control.

Perhaps the LT is hyperbolizing too. laughing out loud

Starscream M

You see, this isn't something I normally have to prove,
since most seasoned cosmic debaters know the PG's abilities,
but it's fun for me and a pleasure to share the knowledge.

ummm, I never denied PG's 'POTENTIAL' abilities, I am questioning Thanos abilities to use such exotic powers and whether onpanel evidence has demonstrated such.

quanchi112
ummm, I never denied PG's 'POTENTIAL' abilities, I am questioning Thanos abilities to use such exotic powers and whether onpanel evidence has demonstrated such. The infinity gauntlet. laughing out loud

Are you serious here with this post because it confirms you are completely ignorant if you would question Thanos when it comes to the gems.

Starscream M
The infinity gauntlet. laughing out loud

Are you serious here with this post because it confirms you are completely ignorant if you would question Thanos when it comes to the gems. thanos can use the gems...better than most, for sure...but even he can't fully realize the power of any of the individual gems

Starscream M

Don't worry,
wonder what will be said
when I post the LT stating
that ALL the Gems are infinite in the respective aspect they control.

Perhaps the LT is hyperbolizing too. laughing out loud have I ever denied the inherent power of the gems....yeah, I didn't think so.

Mr Master

ummm, I never denied PG's 'POTENTIAL' abilities,
thumb up

I am questioning Thanos abilities to use such exotic powers
and whether on panel evidence has demonstrated such.
I can't see how you can question Thanos' ability to master items of power,
he's built a career on doing just that.

Just like he explained to the Gardner about the Power Gem in the scans I posted earlier.

Just like Thanos took a CCU
and right away was able to replace the essence of the infintie prime Multiverse.

Just like Thanos took each Gem, and owned everyone one Gem at a time,
even the Cosmic hierarchy got owned, one Gem at a time,
with the exception of Eternity, who Thanos used the IG on.

Just like Thanos adapted to THOTI almost instantly, while it took Akhenaten 2000 years,
and Ak was only tapping it's power. laughing out loud

That's Thanos' character, that's how he's written,
just like it was Thanos that was able to contain PG/Thor if even for a brief moment,
while everyone else (including Strange/Surfer/Warlock and the Watch) got owned effortlessly.

Ouallada
Question: Why is it that hyberbole applies to the PG's amping abilities, but that Doomsday's evolving abilities are not subject to the same claims of hyperbole?

Mr Master
Originally posted by Ouallada

Question: Why is it that hyberbole applies to the PG's amping abilities, but that Doomsday's evolving abilities are not subject to the same claims of hyperbole?
thumb up

Starscream M
Question: Why is it that hyberbole applies to the PG's amping abilities, but that Doomsday's evolving abilities are not subject to the same claims of hyperbole? cuz we don't base DD's evolving abilities on onpanel statements...it wasn't because someone said DD had such abilities....it was because he DEMONSTRATED onpanel such abilities

see the difference?

Ouallada
cuz we don't base DD's evolving abilities on onpanel statements...it wasn't because someone said DD had such abilities....it was because he DEMONSTRATED onpanel such abilities

see the difference?

No, because I fail to see where the reconciliation between the finite on-panel feats that have been shown thus far and the claims that Doomsday's ability to evolve is limitless.

See:

Starscream M
No, because I fail to see where the reconciliation between the finite on-panel feats that have been shown thus far and the claims that Doomsday's ability to evolve is limitless.

See: and nowhere in that quote did I say his ability to evolve is limitless...cuz that would be a ridiculous statement

Ouallada
Saying that an entity is the embodiment of power and destruction, cannot be hurt etc does not sound like hyperbole to you?

My point. Your head. Above. Whoosh.

h1a8
No one, even Thanos, haven't prove to be very powerful with the Power Gem alone. I think the gems grow infinite in power once they are all together. Anyway I am debating these two things:

1. Thanos with the power gem isn't enough to one-shot DD
2. DD will operate on Thanos before he can react.

illadelph12
Has any character on panel ever tried to attack Doomsday's genetics? His evolutions are just organic adaptations. Someone that can meddle with DNA should be able to take him out, and Thanos has good matter manipulation. It could possibly be an avenue of attack. Every comic I've read Doomsday's opponents always try either the direct approach or bfr. Not saying it would work, just seems like the logical way to attack him.

h1a8
Originally posted by illadelph12
Has any character on panel ever tried to attack Doomsday's genetics? His evolutions are just organic adaptations. Someone that can meddle with DNA should be able to take him out, and Thanos has good matter manipulation. It could possibly be an avenue of attack. Every comic I've read Doomsday's opponents always try either the direct approach or bfr. Not saying it would work, just seems like the logical way to attack him.

Possibly. But I say that if someone is immune to nearly all energy projection (including the OE), extreme heat, etc. Then their makeup is so tough and rigid that trying to move (rearrange) their dna would be extremely difficult. For it is bound too tight, strong, and nearly indestructible.

illadelph12
It might not be necessary to rearrange it as much as introduce something to it that would make it feed on itself. His adaptations work almost exactly like an immune system in a way. There may be a way to make it work against itself and make Doomsday vulnerable.

h1a8
It might not be necessary to rearrange it as much as introduce something to it that would make it feed on itself. His adaptations work almost exactly like an immune system in a way. There may be a way to make it work against itself and make Doomsday vulnerable.

Possibly. But this would border on being omniscient and very powerful.

illadelph12
Or being a really good scientist with cosmic awareness and matter manipulation.

Thanos is very good with genetics. He created clones of himself spliced with various heroes' dna, so he has knowledge in that field. I'm not sure whether the power gem would enhance his matter manipulation also, but it's a possibility.

Just speculating though.

CaptainStoic
I was really trying to stay out of this because Mr. Master had this subject hog tied but damn.

The Power Gem gives it's wielder complete mastery over "Power" like the Soul Gem gives it's wielder complete mastery over the "Soul".

It was stated in the Infintiy Crusade when Warlock wrestled with the Magus over the control of the Gauntlet, that whomever had the greater will would be the decided victor.

Thanos not only mastered how to use the Gauntlet, but he mastered how to use the individual Gems on their own. Thanos was seen blasting Abstract beings to dust with the power of the Power Gem, in The Infinity Gauntlet saga, and blocking planets thrown at him by high level Celestials due to the power that he inherited from the Power Gem.

Thanos gave Captain America's Adamantium/Vibranium Shield a love tap, and fractured it into hundreds of pieces.

HP Doomsday has no chance in hell of winning this battle... not ever.

The Illuminati
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I was really trying to stay out of this because Mr. Master had this subject hog tied but damn.

The Power Gem gives it's wielder complete mastery over "Power" like the Soul Gem gives it's wielder complete mastery over the "Soul".

It was stated in the Infintiy Crusade when Warlock wrestled with the Magus over the control of the Gauntlet, that whomever had the greater will would be the decided victor.

Thanos not only mastered how to use the Gauntlet, but he mastered how to use the individual Gems on their own. Thanos was seen blasting Abstract beings to dust with the power of the Power Gem, in The Infinity Gauntlet saga, and blocking planets thrown at him by high level Celestials due to the power that he inherited from the Power Gem.

Thanos gave Captain America's Adamantium/Vibranium Shield a love tap, and fractured it into hundreds of pieces.

yes I agree.

fangirl101

Thanos had the other gems who while together, unlock the full potential of each other. All of those feats are invalid.

CaptainStoic
Thanos had the other gems who while together, unlock the full potential of each other. All of those feats are invalid.

The Champion who like the Gardener only knew how to use the Power Gem on an subconcious level. Mr. Master showed you this in fine detail so I need not go back there to show you how valid my post is.

The Champion while only being able to tap a portion of the Gem was able to destroy a planet with a single punch. Thanos knows how to unlock the full potential.

As I said my post was very valid. Thanos with the Power Gem and no other Gem destroyed Captain America's Shield with ease, if he hit HP Doomsday with that type of force he would rip him apart. These two with the stipulations of the thread starter are universe's apart in the power dept.

fangirl101
The Champion who like the Gardener only knew how to use the Power Gem on an subconcious level. Mr. Master showed you this in fine detail so I need not go back there to show you how valid my post is.

The Champion while only being able to tap a portion of the Gem was able to destroy a planet with a single punch. Thanos knows how to unlock the full potential.

As I said my post was very valid. Thanos with the Power Gem and no other Gem destroyed Captain America's Shield with ease, if he hit HP Doomsday with that type of force he would rip him apart. These two with the stipulations of the thread starter are universe's apart in the power dept.

You know a guardian could crack a planet in half with a stray thought right? Do you know that a guardian who sacrificed his life force amped Superboy prime so much that he was able to punch thru the fifth dimension and literally grab mr. mxy. That same life force energy was only enough to BFR Doomsday. And you think a punch from Thanos with The gem is going to rip him apart. LMAO.

CaptainStoic
You know a guardian could crack a planet in half with a stray thought right? Do you know that a guardian who sacrificed his life force amped Superboy prime so much that he was able to punch thru the fifth dimension and literally grab mr. mxy. That same life force energy was only enough to BFR Doomsday. And you think a punch from Thanos with The gem is going to rip him apart. LMAO.

You have really missed the point, Thanos with the Power gem could do a hell of a lot more than deliver a planet destroying punch, he had an infinite amount of strength. Are you claiming that HP Doomsday could beat a Celestial? Thanos would not only be infinitely strong, but he would also be able to take as good as he gives, so yes he would have enough power to rip HP Doomsday in two.

Without the Power Gem in the Gauntlet Thanos would only have had control of Time, Space, Soul, Reality, and Mind.

Here is a description of each.

Space Gem - Purple
It allows the user to exist in any location (or all locations), move any object anywhere throughout the universe and warp or rearrange space.

Mind Gem - Blue
It allows the user to boost mental power and access the thoughts and dreams of other beings. Backed by the Power Gem, it is possible to access all minds in existence simultaneously.

Soul Gem - Green
Arguably the most dangerous, this gem is sentient and has a hunger for souls. It allows the user to steal, manipulate and alter souls, living or dead. Adam Warlock has been the sole custodian of this gem for many years, feeling responsible for many of the souls that he himself has taken. Ironically, the gem is the gateway to an idyllic, pocket-universe.

Reality Gem - Yellow
Perhaps the most powerful and difficult gem to use, it allows the user to fulfill wishes, even if that wish is in direct contradiction with scientific laws. It can result in disaster if one does not conceive the wish carefully.

Time Gem - Orange
This gem allows the user total control over time, including time travel. From the primordial past, to the distant future, any period is accessible or visible through its power. This would allow a user to even use time as a weapon, trapping enemies or entire worlds in unending loops of time. It can also cause those nearby to become physically older or younger. Gamora, who did not know how to control the gem, occasionally experienced visions of the future.

Power Gem - Red
It contains access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist, backs the other gems and boosts their effects. It allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible

Ego Gem - Gold
The seventh gem, it contains the consciousness of Nemesis, which when merged with the other gems reforms the cosmic entity the gems were once an integral part of. Not one of the previously known six gems, this artifact was found in the Ultraverse when Loki attempted to steal the other gems from the existing users.

Now take note of the description, and power scheme of the "Power Gem" before you make any comments on HP Doomsday defeating someone as adept as Thanos is at harnessing it's power.

Definition of invincible, incapable of being overcome or subdued.

Knowsbleed33
Thanos with PG squashes Doomsday, period. Thread over.

h1a8
I don't think Thanos with the PG is capable of one-shotting DD.
DD is just that awesome.
Now Thanos also must deal with not being able to react to DD's attack.
This destroys his concentration to use the PG.

Mr Master
........................................................................................................

Ok, here are all the relevant scans concerning Thor and the Power Gem:

........................................................................................................

Thor's split persona states:

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470569_PG4.jpg

"The Gem offers absolute Power ... Power unimaginable"

Surfer & Gamora state:

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470574_PG5.jpg

"If Thor harnesses the Gem, even Asgard won't stand a chance against him

"Asgard or anything else, Thor was ranting about destroying ALL, does he mean Everything"

Surfer states:

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470572_PG6.jpg

"So powerful is now Thor that even our combined might is nothing to him"

Indeed.

Posted this before, but again,
Eternity embodiment of Time across the infinite Multiverse states:

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470554_PG10.jpg

"Thor .... a danger ... to a good portion of ALL that is Infinity & myself"

=============================================

Now before we go any further, let's get a fact straight,
with the exception of Drax, the rest of the Watch have their Infinity Gems. smile

Prepare to be impressed! ... by Thor, who never wielded the Power Gem fully!

=============================================

continues in the next post ...

Mr Master

Warlock and Dr Strange attack Thor with all they got.

Yet, with a thought, Thor turns their own power against them:

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470576_PG7.jpg

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470580_PG8.jpg

"He's tapping the Power gem, turning our energies back on ... unnFF .... aggh"

Silver Surfer and Drax can't believe their eyes:

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470578_PG9-1.jpg

"Unthinkable ... both Stephen & Adam overwhelmed so easily"

Thor one-shots Silver Surfer, Drax and Pip: (after owning the rest of the Watch)

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470556_PG11.jpg

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470558_PG12.jpg

"I wake up and find out everyone else is down for the count"

Pip states:

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470560_PG13.jpg

"Goldilocks ... wants to destroy everything ...
he's got a pretty good chance of doing it too,
since he took the Power Gem"

Thanos states:

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470562_PG15.jpg

"With the backing of the Power Gem,
there is NO limit to the force he can muster against us.
With each passing second he becomes stronger"

Wow, I didn't know that,
the Power Gem exponentially increases the wielder's power by the second!

Mr Master
======================================

When the Infinity Gems ended up in the Multiverse housing the Ultraverse,
two heroes had an encounter with the Power Gem:

While one just approached the Gem, he became more powerful,
while the other's power was being drained, and vice versa:

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470564_PG1.jpg

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470568_PG2.jpg

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470566_PG3.jpg

"Thing's offering raw unlimited power to either of us,
at the expense of the other,
like some cosmic enforcer of conservation of energy laws" wow

Respect the Power Gem!

fangirl101
You have really missed the point, Thanos with the Power gem could do a hell of a lot more than deliver a planet destroying punch, he had an infinite amount of strength. Are you claiming that HP Doomsday could beat a Celestial? Thanos would not only be infinitely strong, but he would also be able to take as good as he gives, so yes he would have enough power to rip HP Doomsday in two.

Without the Power Gem in the Gauntlet Thanos would only have had control of Time, Space, Soul, Reality, and Mind.

Here is a description of each.

Space Gem - Purple
It allows the user to exist in any location (or all locations), move any object anywhere throughout the universe and warp or rearrange space.

Mind Gem - Blue
It allows the user to boost mental power and access the thoughts and dreams of other beings. Backed by the Power Gem, it is possible to access all minds in existence simultaneously.

Soul Gem - Green
Arguably the most dangerous, this gem is sentient and has a hunger for souls. It allows the user to steal, manipulate and alter souls, living or dead. Adam Warlock has been the sole custodian of this gem for many years, feeling responsible for many of the souls that he himself has taken. Ironically, the gem is the gateway to an idyllic, pocket-universe.

Reality Gem - Yellow
Perhaps the most powerful and difficult gem to use, it allows the user to fulfill wishes, even if that wish is in direct contradiction with scientific laws. It can result in disaster if one does not conceive the wish carefully.

Time Gem - Orange
This gem allows the user total control over time, including time travel. From the primordial past, to the distant future, any period is accessible or visible through its power. This would allow a user to even use time as a weapon, trapping enemies or entire worlds in unending loops of time. It can also cause those nearby to become physically older or younger. Gamora, who did not know how to control the gem, occasionally experienced visions of the future.

Power Gem - Red
It contains access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist, backs the other gems and boosts their effects. It allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible

Ego Gem - Gold
The seventh gem, it contains the consciousness of Nemesis, which when merged with the other gems reforms the cosmic entity the gems were once an integral part of. Not one of the previously known six gems, this artifact was found in the Ultraverse when Loki attempted to steal the other gems from the existing users.

Now take note of the description, and power scheme of the "Power Gem" before you make any comments on HP Doomsday defeating someone as adept as Thanos is at harnessing it's power.

Definition of invincible, incapable of being overcome or subdued.

The Gem does NOT give someone infinite power or infinite control. If it did, one wouldn't need the other gems. Stop hyperboling shit. If one could be invincible with just the power gem, there would be no need for the others.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mr Master ======================================When the Infinity Gems ended up in the Multiverse housing the Ultraverse,two heroes had an encounter with the Power Gem:While one just approached the Gem, he became more powerful,while the other's power was being drained, and vice versa:http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470564_PG1.jpghttp://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470568_PG2.jpghttp://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470566_PG3.jpg"Thing's offering raw unlimited power to either of us,at the expense of the other,like some cosmic enforcer of conservation of energy laws" wowRespect the Power Gem! One became more powerful. Did he become infinitely powerful? No one is disrespecting the power gem. but the hyperboling and trumping up feats of the gem alone is out of hand. At any rate, DD was threatening the Oan battery itself. Oan Battery>>>>>>>>>>>>>PG.

Juntai
======================================

When the Infinity Gems ended up in the Multiverse housing the Ultraverse,
two heroes had an encounter with the Power Gem:

While one just approached the Gem, he became more powerful,
while the other's power was being drained, and vice versa:

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470564_PG1.jpg

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470568_PG2.jpg

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/470566_PG3.jpg

"Thing's offering raw unlimited power to either of us,
at the expense of the other,
like some cosmic enforcer of conservation of energy laws" wow

Respect the Power Gem! So is it true then, that each time it is tapped, it takes the power from somewhere else by those same laws?

Mr Master

One became more powerful. Did he become infinitely powerful?
The dude didn't even touch the Gem, let alone tapping it, let alone harnessing it,
you should look & read carefully before posting friend.

I was just giving yet another example of the Gem's incredible affects.

No one is disrespecting the power gem.
but the hyperboling and trumping up feats of the gem alone is out of hand.
... yea, what would Eternity/Thanos/Warlock/Strange and everyone else know. laughing

Originally posted by Juntai

So is it true then, that each time it is tapped,
it takes the power from somewhere else by those same laws?
The reservoir of all the Gems is the energy residing across all of infinity in Marvel.

The LT stated that each Gem is Omnipotent in the respective aspect it controls.

xjustice69x
thanos pg for the win

horrorwolf
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Thanos with PG squashes Doomsday, period. Thread over.

The PG grants access to the user to all strength that ever has, or ever will exist....as well as granting invincibility.

Case closed. This is spite.

horrorwolf

If you can't one-shot with the PG, then its impossible. Its grants that much power.

quanchi112
Question: Why is it that hyberbole applies to the PG's amping abilities, but that Doomsday's evolving abilities are not subject to the same claims of hyperbole? Excellent point.

cuz we don't base DD's evolving abilities on onpanel statements...it wasn't because someone said DD had such abilities....it was because he DEMONSTRATED onpanel such abilities

see the difference? Such as defeating Superman and Darkseid. That doesnt cut the mustard. He was easily swept from the board and could not adapt from entropy.

Saying that an entity is the embodiment of power and destruction, cannot be hurt etc does not sound like hyperbole to you?

My point. Your head. Above. Whoosh. yes Sounds like smurph.

No one, even Thanos, haven't prove to be very powerful with the Power Gem alone. I think the gems grow infinite in power once they are all together. Anyway I am debating these two things:

1. Thanos with the power gem isn't enough to one-shot DD
2. DD will operate on Thanos before he can react. This proves you did not read Thanos quest and the infinity gauntely and this reading is crucial with regards to the infinity gems.

Thanos had the other gems who while together, unlock the full potential of each other. All of those feats are invalid. Regardless of that Thor was a universal threat and Thanos' knowledge about the gems and thier use is much better than Thor's.

You know a guardian could crack a planet in half with a stray thought right? Do you know that a guardian who sacrificed his life force amped Superboy prime so much that he was able to punch thru the fifth dimension and literally grab mr. mxy. That same life force energy was only enough to BFR Doomsday. And you think a punch from Thanos with The gem is going to rip him apart. LMAO. I know the guardians bfr extremely powerful beings from time to time. But this Doomsday was predos and a much weaker Superman was able to kill him.

So all you proved to me is that the Guardians failed to do what a weaker Superman has accomplished to a much stronger Doomsday.

quanchi112
DD is just that awesome.
Now Thanos also must deal with not being able to react to DD's attack.
This destroys his concentration to use the PG. The gem is limitless so it can oneshot Doomsday for sure. Originally posted by fangirl101
The Gem does NOT give someone infinite power or infinite control. If it did, one wouldn't need the other gems. Stop hyperboling shit. If one could be invincible with just the power gem, there would be no need for the others. Infinite power yes and limitess power and its been stated over and over again on panel. Power gem has no limits with concern to power.

fangirl101
Originally posted by horrorwolf
If you can't one-shot with the PG, then its impossible. Its grants that much power.

Surely you can show me someone with the PG one shotting who was so powerful that he could adapt beyond the central battery. Ready, Set, Go.

Kutulu
Surely you can show me someone with the PG one shotting who was so powerful that he could adapt beyond the central battery. Ready, Set, Go.

Surfer absorbed the entire power of the central battery and contained it. Thanos was able to one shot Surfer without even having the power gem, as was Thor with the power gem. You "Nvr" learn. laughing

vlaaad12345
Thats not canon and being attacked with the central battery and absorbing it are two very different things so try again.

Kutulu
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Thats not canon and being attacked with the central battery and absorbing it are two very different things so try again.

As usual, when directing a question to Nvr, Vlaad12345 answers directly instead as if I had asked him. Same behavior as in the past, and almost identical posters. Just how many accounts do you have on here, Nvr? laughing out loud

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Kutulu
As usual, when directing a question to Nvr, Vlaad12345 answers directly instead as if I had asked him. Same behavior as in the past, and almost identical posters. Just how many accounts do you have on here, Nvr? laughing out loud
Right we are totally the same person and that wasnt a question,it doesnt matter who the post was referring to when your spreading disinformation,any other completelly wrong shit you wanna get off your chest or are you done being wrong now?isnt there a hulk you should be fapping to somewhere.

quanchi112
Surely you can show me someone with the PG one shotting who was so powerful that he could adapt beyond the central battery. Ready, Set, Go. Dont need to. The power gem has limitless energy and Doomsday has been oneshotted.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Kutulu
You will be banned.

vlaaad12345
Dont need to. The power gem has limitless energy and Doomsday has been oneshotted.
When was h/p doomsday one shoted?

CaptainStoic
When was h/p doomsday one shoted?

When he got into a fight with Thanos with the Power Gem. This is of course in the future, when Thanos slaughters him faster than Imperiex did.

vlaaad12345
Your funny,lemme know when champion thanos or anyone else ever used the power gem alone and actually had infinite power with it,until then entropy>>anything anyone did with the pg and thats the only thing h/p doomsday actually died to.

fangirl101
When he got into a fight with Thanos with the Power Gem. This is of course in the future, when Thanos slaughters him faster than Imperiex did.
Wait. So now you are saying that Thanos with the PG would be comparable to Imperiex? It just astounds me the liberties taken with marvel characters when there are no actual feats to prove Thanos would be any more than an amped Thanos. the PG won't make him an abstract.

Mr Master

When he got into a fight with Thanos with the Power Gem.
This is of course in the future,
when Thanos slaughters him faster than Imperiex did.
And you thought I had this tied down,
dude you been cracking heads left and right up in here.

Long live el Capitan. clap

vlaaad12345
Not really master,you cant prove the power gem by itself grants inf power all its actual showings say otherwise,champion was never a inf power being,thanos never used it by itself to gain inf power,nor did anyone else ever,eternity talking about how hes a threat to alot of the universe and ect is nice and all but feat wise no pg user has ever wielded it by itself to gain inf power,imperiex power was entropy the end of all life and energy the power to destroy and recreate creation and that was the only thing that ever stopped h/p doomsday.

Mr Master

Your funny,lemme know when champion thanos or anyone else
ever used the power gem alone and actually had infinite power with
Champion never even new he could tap into the Power Gem's infinite reserves.

Thanos harnessed each Gem fully immediately after acquiring them.

Why is it that these scans continue to go overlooked:

For the last time.

Thanos didn't utilize the Power Gem, or any other Gem to it's full capacity,
cause that was not his desire.

Thanos wanted to become GOD!!!!

In order to do that, he needed all the Gems.

Actually ...

Here's Thanos,
using the Power Gem to obliterate two Celestials
and who knows how many planets with one blast:

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/473490_PG.jpg

vlaaad12345
Thats thanos using the infinity gauntlet not the power gem alone,no one has ever used the power gem alone to have inf power,amping the time gem also does not prove infinite power nor can you prove it is stronger than entropy.

quanchi112
When was h/p doomsday one shoted? OWAW.

quanchi112
Your funny,lemme know when champion thanos or anyone else ever used the power gem alone and actually had infinite power with it,until then entropy>>anything anyone did with the pg and thats the only thing h/p doomsday actually died to. Doomsday beat on two top tiers mainly and was overrated as he didnt do anything that impressive in hp imo.

vlaaad12345
By the embodiment of entropy the guy who was going to destroy and recreate creation....hey look he is the same energy as the only thing that stopped h/p doomsday last time you know the stuff the destroys all life and energy,you cant prove thanos with pg=entropy no matter how hard you try,and I agree h/p doomsday is overrated in strength just not in his durability and ability to adapt to just about anything in the h/p stage,honestly ive never said thanos loses here but hes not oneshoting him the only thing that could ever do that is entropy.

quanchi112
By the embodiment of entropy the guy who was going to destroy and recreate creation....hey look he is the same energy as the only thing that stopped h/p doomsday last time you know the stuff the destroys all life and energy,you cant prove thanos with pg=entropy no matter how hard you try. No limts to the amount of power or energy that that pg can draw from. Prove entropy is limitless power.

vlaaad12345
Prove he can call forth all that limitless energy and use it at one time,just because someone has a limitless battery doesnt mean they can use all the energy at once,its your job to prove thanos with pg is as strong as entropy since your the one who made the claim in the first place,entropy has threatened all that was is or ever will be the power gem by itself hasnt.

Mr Master

Thats thanos using the infinity gauntlet not the power gem alone
Actually he clearly states that he using raw power there,
the Gems can be used separately even with the IG.

.................................................................................................................

Power Gem: .... ALONE!!!

Strange with PREP and All his Talismans combined gets owned easily:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3659/s6cx9.th.jpg

"But Knowing in ADVANCE that Warlock Possessed it" (Power Gem)

"I had Arranged for ALL My TALISMANS to Act TOGETHER to COUNTERACT it"

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4613/s7it8.th.jpg

"Which even I KNOW, almost at once, CANNOT LONG ENDURE"

(and this is ONLY the Power Gem)

"Warlock STILL has NOT used his Sixth and Final Weapon"

SEE, Warlock was USING the Gems SEPARATELY!

.................................................................................................................

Soul Gem:

Strange reaches Warlock through his Soul Gem to communicate with him,
before getting kills him:

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/56/s8yh0.th.jpg

Strange tells Warlock of the Future, and Warlock sees that it is true:

This is Strange talking:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6055/s9me6.th.jpg

"He sees himself Victorious over me,
DESTROYING Me, as must certainly happen ANY moment Now"

Avlon
I'll have to give this one to Thanos.

Mr Master

no one has ever used the power gem alone to have inf power,
amping the time gem also does not prove infinite power
nor can you prove it is stronger than entropy.
Heh.

Ok, you wanna see some incredible single Gem feats,
with NO IG at all?

Fine.

Rune, with the Time Gem only ...

completely freezes the entire Time-stream: ... (Multiversal feat) eek!

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5256/r1dp3.th.jpg

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9624/r2ac4.th.jpg

Indeed ....

... the Living Tribunal himself confirms the feat:

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/855/gem1ad1.th.jpg

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6071/gem2qb0.th.jpg

Notice the LT also states,

that all the Gems are Omnipotent (concerning the concept they control of course)

vlaaad12345
And I can use statements like that for entropy as well,entropy destroyes ALL energy ALL life it is the end of dc,imperiex powers was going to destroy and recreate creation itself(all of dc)his energy just like the Original creations big bang was called infinite,we can run in circles all day and even with your warlock example the gauntlet itself is easier to use when fully assembled,no one has problems using it when its already assembled but harnessing the gems by themselves everyone had problems with,the power gem is energy without limit entropy destroys energy and life without limit,again I never said thanos wouldnt win but hes most likely not going to one shot this doomsday.

OneDumbG0
H/P Doomsday's vulnerability to the destructive energies of entropy is not exclusive. It's not like that's the only type of energy that can defeat him. He was beaten by the Calatonian life-forces that were used by the Radiant. So while he may be immune to those specific energies now, it's obvious from his earlier defeat that H/P Doomsday was NOT immune to every single form of energy except entropy.

He evolved past the Caltonian life-force energies of the Radiant. Ok. Taking it one step further, he may arguably be immune to any energy that consists of accumlated life-force, such as the Uni-Lord's power. But who knows what energies Thanos could muster up and attack H/P Doomsday with? Entropy serves as one energy that even H/P Doomsday could not evolve past. It's arguable that H/P Doomsday is immune to GL energies since the Guardian noticed he was beginning to absorb the energies (although he didn't let DD finish). And it's obvious H/P Doomsday is immune to Darkseid's Omega Effect energies, but it's not automatic that H/P Doomsday is immune to all types of energy.

Now if Thanos were to blast him with the Power Cosmic in limited bursts and allow H/P Doomsday time to adjust while he was still fighting, then yes, H/P Doomsday could arguably become immune and no matter what expenditure of Power Cosmic Thanos unleashed thereafter would be useless. But I believe that if Thanos unleashed a tremendous blast of Power Cosmic on H/P Doomsday from the outset, capable of vaporizing a galaxy, let's say... then I don't think H/P Doomsday would survive. He'd arguably come back, yes. But at that point, Thanos would have won the round per forum rules. And Thanos could utilize all sorts of energies; magical energy, Darkforce energy, Quantum Zone energy, temporal energy (maybe not since Waverider used chronal blasts already?), Negative Zone energies, etc.

Mr Master

and even with your warlock example the gauntlet itself is easier to use when fully assembled,
no one has problems using it when its already assembled
but harnessing the gems by themselves everyone had problems with
So basically
you're going to ignore
Rune freezing the entire Time-Stream with just the Time Gem? (and NO IG of any kind)

Cool, I can't debate like that.

btw.

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Infinity%20Gems

"The Infinity Gems (previously known as "Soul Gems"wink
are some of the most powerful artifacts in the Universe.
EACH One allows its owner complete omnipotence over One aspect of the universe:
time, space, reality, mind, power, and soul.
When all six are directly wielded together,
nothing is impossible for their bearer."

erm

vlaaad12345
Isnt that rune feat from ultraverse?isnt the ultraverse gems not even canon atm?im not ignoring anything your ignoring that several people weilding the power gem have not shown inf power far from it actually,there are several contradicting points on both sides.

Mr Master

Isnt that rune feat from ultraverse?isnt the ultraverse gems not even canon atm?
"non-canon?"

Those are the 616 Infinity Gems, the only Gems there are,
they came from the 616 Universe, went through a dimesional vortex,
and ended up in the Ultraverse.

The Ultraverse is one of Marvel's legitimate Universes:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Infinity_Gems

"taken by an energy vampire (Rune) from an alternate-reality.
In that other Multiverse, they were collected by Loki"

(This is referring to the Avengers/Ultraforce arc)

We know the Ultraverse is One of Marvel's Universes:

(excerpt from the official Marvel handbook 2007)
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1652/ulur6.th.jpg

"Ultraverse - Alternate Earth" (Earth-93060)

im not ignoring anything
your ignoring that several people weilding the power gem
have not shown inf power far from it actually
Ok, I sense circles building.

illadelph12
Crop circles? cool

vlaaad12345
"non-canon?"

Those are the 616 Infinity Gems, the only Gems there are,
they came from the 616 Universe, went through a dimesional vortex,
and ended up in the Ultraverse.

The Ultraverse is one of Marvel's legitimate Universes:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Infinity_Gems

"taken by an energy vampire (Rune) from an alternate-reality.
In that other Multiverse, they were collected by Loki"

(This is referring to the Avengers/Ultraforce arc)

We know the Ultraverse is One of Marvel's Universes:

(excerpt from the official Marvel handbook 2007)
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1652/ulur6.th.jpg

"Ultraverse - Alternate Earth" (Earth-93060)

Ok, I sense circles building.
Many circles building due to several people having the pg and not having inf power or durability,so why dont we just leave it alone and not waste our time and leave it at thanos wins.

illadelph12
When you say infinite power, do you mean it in terms of omnipotence (all powerful), or in terms of having everlasting power reserves?

horrorwolf

laughing

Mr Master

Many circles building due to several people having the pg
and not having inf power or durability

Warlock erases from existence an entire Universe with the Soul Gem,

yes, with the Soul Gem: (NO IG of any kind, just the Soul Gem)

"Here's Warlock using the Soul Gem
to Alter the Future of the 616 Reality
by destroying the Timeline of the Magus"

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/6988/warlockse0334qn7.th.jpg

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/1576/14429041kj4.th.jpg

====================================

Now, when it comes to energy manipulation and power ...

... the Soul Gem is a joke to the Power gem ... so go figure.

so why dont we just leave it alone and not waste our time

and leave it at thanos wins.
I would never do that, unless I can prove it.

I never said who wins btw.

I'm only clearing up the misleading, mis-conception concerning the Power Gem in this thread.

Mr Master
Originally posted by OneDumbG0

H/P Doomsday's vulnerability to the destructive energies of entropy is not exclusive. It's not like that's the only type of energy that can defeat him. He was beaten by the Calatonian life-forces that were used by the Radiant. So while he may be immune to those specific energies now, it's obvious from his earlier defeat that H/P Doomsday was NOT immune to every single form of energy except entropy.

He evolved past the Caltonian life-force energies of the Radiant. Ok. Taking it one step further, he may arguably be immune to any energy that consists of accumlated life-force, such as the Uni-Lord's power. But who knows what energies Thanos could muster up and attack H/P Doomsday with? Entropy serves as one energy that even H/P Doomsday could not evolve past. It's arguable that H/P Doomsday is immune to GL energies since the Guardian noticed he was beginning to absorb the energies (although he didn't let DD finish). And it's obvious H/P Doomsday is immune to Darkseid's Omega Effect energies, but it's not automatic that H/P Doomsday is immune to all types of energy.

Now if Thanos were to blast him with the Power Cosmic in limited bursts and allow H/P Doomsday time to adjust while he was still fighting, then yes, H/P Doomsday could arguably become immune and no matter what expenditure of Power Cosmic Thanos unleashed thereafter would be useless. But I believe that if Thanos unleashed a tremendous blast of Power Cosmic on H/P Doomsday from the outset, capable of vaporizing a galaxy, let's say... then I don't think H/P Doomsday would survive. He'd arguably come back, yes. But at that point, Thanos would have won the round per forum rules. And Thanos could utilize all sorts of energies; magical energy, Darkforce energy, Quantum Zone energy, temporal energy (maybe not since Waverider used chronal blasts already?), Negative Zone energies, etc.
Well thought out. thumb up

Crop circles? cool
wink1

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by horrorwolf
The PG grants access to the user to all strength that ever has, or ever will exist....as well as granting invincibility.

Case closed. This is spite.

I thought I said that?

quanchi112
Prove he can call forth all that limitless energy and use it at one time,just because someone has a limitless battery doesnt mean they can use all the energy at once,its your job to prove thanos with pg is as strong as entropy since your the one who made the claim in the first place,entropy has threatened all that was is or ever will be the power gem by itself hasnt. Prove that Doomsday can survive limitless energy. Doomsday can be defeated so imo its common sense that someone with a limitless supply does it easily.
Originally posted by OneDumbG0

Now if Thanos were to blast him with the Power Cosmic in limited bursts and allow H/P Doomsday time to adjust while he was still fighting, then yes, H/P Doomsday could arguably become immune and no matter what expenditure of Power Cosmic Thanos unleashed thereafter would be useless. But I believe that if Thanos unleashed a tremendous blast of Power Cosmic on H/P Doomsday from the outset, capable of vaporizing a galaxy, let's say... then I don't think H/P Doomsday would survive. He'd arguably come back, yes. But at that point, Thanos would have won the round per forum rules. And Thanos could utilize all sorts of energies; magical energy, Darkforce energy, Quantum Zone energy, temporal energy (maybe not since Waverider used chronal blasts already?), Negative Zone energies, etc. Nicely done.

Ouallada
By the embodiment of entropy the guy who was going to destroy and recreate creation....hey look he is the same energy as the only thing that stopped h/p doomsday last time you know the stuff the destroys all life and energy,you cant prove thanos with pg=entropy no matter how hard you try,and I agree h/p doomsday is overrated in strength just not in his durability and ability to adapt to just about anything in the h/p stage,honestly ive never said thanos loses here but hes not oneshoting him the only thing that could ever do that is entropy.

There is absolutely no need to prove that the PG >= entropy. What needs to be proven first is that Doomsday can evolve past everything below entropy, which is obviously something that isn't going to be proven to any satisfactory degree. If I don't get knocked out by a punch from another normal human but get KOed easily by Thing, that doesn't mean that any entity in between can't knock me out.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>