Dr. Doom w/Power Cosmic vs Green Lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Dr. Doom w/Surfer's Power Cosmic(just assume Doom managed to somehow steal it again)

vs

Hal

They fight in space, who takes it?

Starscream M
Seems like Doom would be at least Surfer's level with power cosmic, not to mention he wouldn't hold back and would likely find more exotic manifestations with the power

granted that he has time to master his newfound powers, he stands a very good chance of beating Hal

darthgoober
Originally posted by Starscream M
Seems like Doom would be at least Surfer's level with power cosmic, not to mention he wouldn't hold back and would likely find more exotic manifestations with the power

granted that he has time to master his newfound powers, he stands a very good chance of beating Hal
Doom briefly had Surfer's powers when Surfer was trapped on Earth and managed to rack up quite a few feats for so brief a period...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=8978175#post8978175

leonidas
depends which lantern, and depends on whose pc. if he is given current ss's level of pc he'd just be a less competent ss, but his power would be enough to give even the strongest gl's trouble. give doom someone else's level of pc and he'd be a less competent version of whoever's pc you gave him and a strong gl would beat him consistently.

lots of variables. then again, you have to throw in doom's access to magic. if he has that on top of his pc, he'd likely beat any gl.

so, yeah. thread's as clear as mud. blink

llagrok
It says Hal and it's SS' power cosmic.

leonidas
Originally posted by llagrok
It says Hal and it's SS' power cosmic.

how'd you get mod powers to edit that opening post . . .? shifty

embarrasment

what i get for reading just the title . . . sad

leonidas
in THAT case doom still less competent ss, but with magic. gl's don't really like magic. i'd go with doom more often than not.

thanks grok, you made that a lot easier. big grin

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by darthgoober
Dr. Doom w/Surfer's Power Cosmic(just assume Doom managed to somehow steal it again)

vs

Hal

They fight in space, who takes it? What the hell do you mean assume he somehow managed to steal it again?! Tis certain as there are stars in the sky that the Power Cosmic shall be Doom's again!!!! And let all those who oppose Doom tremble in fear when the day cometh that he proves his superiority to all!!!!

mad

The Illuminati
Domm doesn't need PC to beat Hal. Spite.

Bouboumaster
Doom.

SS would beat Hal, Doom would do it better. Magic + pc + cunning + intelligence. Hal is good, but only Reed Richards can outwit Doom. smokin'

CaptainStoic
Doom really is a nasty piece of work. I think he'd take this, and Hal's ring for good measure.

iceman24567
Wow doom gets dropped by hal and if The Sentry can drop Doom then Doom really needs the power cosmic to even stand a chance.

Rob23
Doom

Bouboumaster
Hal Jordan... would be DOOMED!

Avlon
With a bit of time, I'd say Doom would do very well. Even with the brief time he wielded the PC before, he did very well with it.

However, Hal's skill and will still take it in the end.

Doom should have no problem stealing SS PC if he wanted to. Recently Black Panther did it with a slightly reworked version of Doom's original design.

guy222
Doom

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
Wow doom gets dropped by hal and if The Sentry can drop Doom then Doom really needs the power cosmic to even stand a chance. lol?

OneDumbG0
Doom 7/10.

He does wild stuff with exiled-Surfer's Power Cosmic here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=11186593& amp;highlight=essential+doom+userid%3A77143#post11

<Shameless plug for my (soon-to-be-updated) Revamped Doom Respect Thread complete>

EDIT: Hmm... direct link to my scans of him using the Power Cosmic doesn't work... scroll down to Section XVII, bout half-way down

Mindset
I love you

Lord Feron
Doom with a small amount of time to master his powers IMO would rape the sh*t out of SS or Hal, dare I say both at the same time?

beast1234
doom was able to apply the power cosmic better then silver surfer due to his genius level intellect

OneDumbG0
^ I'd disagree with that. He just cut loose with it in more obvious displays of power than Surfer did at the time. Surfer's taken back his Power Cosmic forcibly while weaker. But I agree that Doom's genius level intellect and will helped him harness it's potential almost immediately.

TricksterPriest
Doom would need time to master the PC. To do better than Surfer with it, he'd need at least a few months or a year.

With that stip, yeah, he'd have a good shot at beating Hal.

Without it? Hal takes him by sheer experience and superior tactics.

OneDumbG0
^ Doom would not need time to master the Power Cosmic. Read the Respect Thread. Doom acclimated instantly to Surfer's Power Cosmic, Galactus' Power Cosmic and Hyperstorm's powers. He took a minute to acclimate to Galactus' Worldship energies.

The only trouble he ever had with taking another's power was pre-retcon Beyonder's. And it was revealed that Doom's psyche was incomplete and it was highly suggested that he would have been able to handle it with a complete one.

I do agree that he would not do better than Surfer with it. Mastery does not necessarily require you to be better than Surfer, because on the level of high-end Heralds, Surfer's use of the Power Cosmic is unmatched.

Only if Doom could not use the Power Cosmic would Hal have a good chance. Even Doom w/o Power Cosmic would be a tough enough battle. As it stands, Doom needs no time to be able to use the Power Cosmic. While it's unlikely he would master it on the level that Surfer has, it's more than enough of an advantage at the levels he has wielded it on.

Doom 7/10.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Doom would not need time to master the Power Cosmic. Read the Respect Thread. Doom acclimated instantly to Surfer's Power Cosmic, Galactus' Power Cosmic and Hyperstorm's powers. He took a minute to acclimate to Galactus' Worldship energies.

The only trouble he ever had with taking another's power was pre-retcon Beyonder's. And it was revealed that Doom's psyche was incomplete and it was highly suggested that he would have been able to handle it with a complete one.

I do agree that he would not do better than Surfer with it. Mastery does not necessarily require you to be better than Surfer, because on the level of high-end Heralds, Surfer's use of the Power Cosmic is unmatched.

Only if Doom could not use the Power Cosmic would Hal have a good chance. Even Doom w/o Power Cosmic would be a tough enough battle. As it stands, Doom needs no time to be able to use the Power Cosmic. While it's unlikely he would master it on the level that Surfer has, it's more than enough of an advantage at the levels he has wielded it on.

Doom 7/10.

One, you really don't think with enough practice Doom should beat SS? I would say Give Doom a week max maybe not even that much. He would be outclassing Surfer imo.

OneDumbG0
^ No. Some of Surfer's best and most versatile feats involve self-sacrifice and while Doom has his moments, I don't think he'd put himself in those situations. In a purely destructive sense, I think Doom would be more creative than Surfer, but he still wouldn't surpass him.

TricksterPriest
Without the PC, Doom would never beat a good GL.

And I can't give him the nod unless he has more time with it. It's a very close fight though. Could go either way.

OneDumbG0
^ Naturally.

Even though it's amply proven that Doom does not need time to master it. Thanks for being consistent Tricksterpriest. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Feron
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Without the PC, Doom would never beat a good GL.

And I can't give him the nod unless he has more time with it. It's a very close fight though. Could go either way.

IMO Doom would be able to beat all but the best of the GL corp has to offer.

quanchi112
Doom wins.

Nestical
hal is DOOMED

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.