Jedi Church

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediRobin23
laughing

Awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2i764rMDfM

queeq
hehehe

Jack Daniels
well I couldnt get it to load for some reason but the poster definetly is a breast luver..lol..runlfrun lotsa those vids by him

sweersa
That video was funny except the lightsaber effects were very bad. They should had had me do them.

Jack Daniels
gonna have to try again to d/l

queeq
Sweersa would have done a beter job for sure.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
Sweersa would have done a beter job for sure.

Maybe I should contact the creator of that video and re-do or "George Lucas" better effects in. Hahaha.

queeq
laughing out loud

moviebuff1084
lol That is great

sweersa
hehehe

I should do it without the original maker not knowing and send it to him. lol

BruceSkywalker
Funny

Darth Subjekt
You can do rotoscoping?

And yea, that was pretty funny.

sweersa
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
You can do rotoscoping?

And yea, that was pretty funny.

Yes, I have done lightsabers and such, and a few other things. Nothing too extravagant. It takes a lot of time.

Darth Subjekt
I imagine. I tried lightsabers with photoshop and lets just say I'm still learning. erm

sweersa
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
I imagine. I tried lightsabers with photoshop and lets just say I'm still learning. erm

It takes time to get right. I was never always 100% happy with the effects I achieved but I guess they were good, not as good as the movies though, but close.

People can do amazing lightsaber effects using Adobe After Effects, I have never tried this. It looks way too technical and complex and would take time to get right. But the ends results are beautiful.

I just basically traced the green plastic in the raw footage (the lightsaber blade) with a large glow of the desired color. It was frame by frame, just like how they did it in the OT, except with no computers. Then I layered pure white blade base over the glow creating a nice lightsaber effect. It was frame by frame, true rotoscoping.

If you feel you can't get the effects right with Photoshop, Download a 30-day free demo of Corel Painter 9 (I believe 9 is the best version) and I can make a quick video on how to make the lightsaber effects.

If you want to use Painter after the 30 days and don't want to spend the 200-400 on buying the full version send me a PM. Hehehe.

I wish my youtube account wasn't deleted by youtube (I was naughty and had several copyright claims on my videos) Because I had good examples of some saber rotoscoping I have done.

queeq
Post them here... if copyright free.

sweersa
Post them here... if copyright free.

A video of an example of my lighsaber work?

Ahsoka Tano
Originally posted by sweersa
A video of an example of my lighsaber work?

I would enjoy seeing that, sweersa.

sweersa
Originally posted by Ahsoka Tano
I would enjoy seeing that, sweersa.

Okay, I will model a 3D lightsaber hilt and rotoscope a blade on it. It will be a short clip as rotoscoping takes a long time. (30 frames per second.)

Please give me a few days.

queeq
Two?

sweersa
Two?

Yes...two or so...I am not going to use youtube to upload it for personal reasons, so I will have to fine better means of showing it to everybody.

queeq
Ah...

sweersa
Ah...

lol I take my previous post back, I finished the rotoscoping, about 90 frames so roughly three seconds of lightsaber. You wont believe how long 3 seconds takes to do. Each of 90 frames has to be individually worked on. In the end it is all worth it an a lot of fun.

The avi video file of this is almost 50 MB. Any idea on how to share it with all of you? (without quality loss if possible)

sweersa
Okay everybody! It is upload by Rapid share.

It is almost 50 mega bytes so it will take some time depending on your internet speed.

Sorry dial up users. And to anybody who pays their ISP based on time and bandwidth used. :-P Hehehehe.

http://rapidshare.com/files/135043744/lightsaber_rotoscoping_sweersa.AVI.html

Enjoy!

Jack Daniels
well this sux in order to download this I have to pay $200 a month or pay $3,500 to install underground cables cause Im in the boonies!..somebody give me the short version 2.5 meg or so..lol

sweersa
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
well this sux in order to download this I have to pay $200 a month or pay $3,500 to install underground cables cause Im in the boonies!..somebody give me the short version 2.5 meg or so..lol

Sorry mate. What if you let it go overnight?

Jack Daniels
mmmm... remind me before I say nite to the bar..lol...dont know when that will be though..lol

Tangible God
I went to church once. I sneezed. The "Bless You" seemed redundant.

Lord Knightfa11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?emb=0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2Fvideosearch%3Fq%3Dknightfall&v=3W2JYYYCB2o
This is something i made quite a bit back. I did the camera work, and all of the effects...

queeq
laughing out loud

Funny.

sweersa
Nice...did you rotoscope the blades?

Lord Knightfa11
Lsmaker. What it is is a 2d pic of a lightsaber and a blade like the attached image, and when you put it at the four corners of where you want the render, it stretches to fit them.

sweersa
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
Lsmaker. What it is is a 2d pic of a lightsaber and a blade like the attached image, and when you put it at the four corners of where you want the render, it stretches to fit them.

Ahh, I see. Interesting.

Lord Knightfa11
its pretty simple too. you just click in the 4 places you want the corners to be in once per frame....

Tangible God
That's not the first time you've posted that, is it?

Lord Knightfa11
no... I did it forever ago so pretty much anyone online who i consider my friends has seen it. before i knew about the milk bar, I posted it somewhere in EU.

Lord Knightfa11
Sweers's is of a higher quality then mine, mainly because his is 3d, you will notice that mine looks 2d if the blade is to close to the camera and pointing towards it.

queeq
I never saw it before, so many thnaks for posting.

Guess you have to do this more often to get it right. It's not something for me. I remember colleagues of mine working on a tv show at a production company I worked for. When the show was edited there was a problem with all the brand marks in shops and on items they had filmed, since it was a sponsored show. The editor had to wipe all competitive brands out of focus. Since it was all handheld, they had to do it frame by frame... Oh the horror... I'm so happy I didn't direct that show. hehehe

sweersa
Sweers's is of a higher quality then mine, mainly because his is 3d, you will notice that mine looks 2d if the blade is to close to the camera and pointing towards it.

Actually, technically my blades are 2d. I just sort of change the sizes and lengths according to the location of the dummy blade in the raw footage.

queeq
Aha...

Lord Knightfa11
well, they look better....

sweersa
well, they look better....

Thanks man, you should give rotoscoping a shot, all you need is a little patience and the right software.

queeq
Master Sweersa will teach you.

sweersa

Oh yes.

Lord Knightfa11
don't have any money for the right software. I'm literally living off of student aid.

Ahsoka Tano
I'm literally living off of student aid.

Lucky us.

I already understand the art of masturbation.

Thank you though.

sweersa
don't have any money for the right software. I'm literally living off of student aid.

You can download a 30 day demo free from Corel's website.

Lucky us.

Thank you though.

Hahaha! I am not sure if I should take offense to that, but it actually made me LOL. Nice one.

queeq

Teach me then. wink

sweersa
Teach me then. wink

He be he would love to give you 'hands on' training.

Hahaha.

queeq
I bet he does. laughing out loud

Lord Knightfa11
0.o stop with the strange fantasies! come back to the light and straight side. Stop being so queer.

queeq
Who's queer? Does talking about such things make you nervous?? Eh??

Jack Daniels
Who's queer? Does talking about such things make you nervous?? Eh??
laughing out loud well when a bunch of guys are sitting around talking about masturbating instead of babes cant blame him for getting a bit nervous.. real life thats the time to run..lol

sweersa
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
laughing out loud well when a bunch of guys are sitting around talking about masturbating instead of babes cant blame him for getting a bit nervous.. real life thats the time to run..lol

Don't knock masturbation, it is sex with someone you love right?

queeq
Are you a schizo?

sweersa
Are you a schizo?

No no, they don't make any medication for what I have.

Hahaha.

Keep guessing.

Jack Daniels
Originally posted by sweersa
No no, they don't make any medication for what I have.

Hahaha.

Keep guessing.

Better just leave it alone or he will figure it out...lol

queeq
Good point. *leaves it alone*

Jack Daniels
haha

sweersa
big grin

queeq
Nothing to smile about really.

Jack Daniels
hey your glad to see me right thats something to smile about?..lol

sweersa
Nothing to smile about really.

That could be part of my chemical imbalance.

Hahaha.

queeq
That's a way to say it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.