Travel speed race

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faceman
So who arrives first ? Put them in order from best to worst.

From Earth to Glendar . Oh Glendar is a Planet that is 20 lightyears away from Earth.

Who wins ? No teleportation allowed.

1. Silver Surfer
2. Runner no gem
3. Superman
4. Thor
5. Green Lantern Hal
6. Gladiator

Bouboumaster
1- Runner
2- Silver Surfer
3- Gladiator
4- Superman
5- Green Lantern
6- Thor

carver9
1-runner
2-silver surfer
3-gladiator
4- tie between green lantern and superman
5-thor

lft4ded
I don't know if it counts in this case but when Buried Alien won that first race did Runner participate in it? In the Galactic Race I know Fast Forward dropped out to prevent sabotage but would he have been able to beat Makkari and thus Runner a second time?

The reason I ask is that I though Superman was faster than or just as fast as Barry, which could then put him as faster than Runner, though behind Silver Surfer IMHO.

Mindset
Originally posted by lft4ded
I don't know if it counts in this case but when Buried Alien won that first race did Runner participate in it? In the Galactic Race I know Fast Forward dropped out to prevent sabotage but would he have been able to beat Makkari and thus Runner a second time?

The reason I ask is that I though Superman was faster than or just as fast as Barry, which could then put him as faster than Runner, though behind Silver Surfer IMHO.

That's really not good proof of anything. erm

ultimatethor
Im not sure whod win in a race between SS and the runner. I recently saw a feat where SS ntravelled a thousand universes in 3 panels. The runner was faster than him in there fight but that was a few yrs ago and im not sure he is still faster than him considering his numerous upgrades

Mindset
Originally posted by ultimatethor
I recently saw a feat where SS ntravelled a thousand universes in 3 panels.

I don't think so.

Juntai
Originally posted by ultimatethor
I recently saw a feat where SS ntravelled a thousand universes in 3 panels. Another posted already exposed it as a non canon book.

Avlon
Originally posted by Faceman

From Earth to Glendar . Oh Glendar is a Planet that is 20 lightyears away from Earth.

1. Silver Surfer
2. Runner no gem
3. Superman
4. Thor
5. Green Lantern Hal
6. Gladiator

1.Runner/SS/Eradicator (special uninvited guest)
2.Superman
3.Gladiator
4.Green Lantern
5.Thor

janus77
1. Silver Surfer/Runner (no gem)

3. Gladiator
4. Superman
5. Green Lantern Hal
6. Thor

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Juntai
Another posted already exposed it as a non canon book.

Really? cuz i never saw it.

New list
1. runner
2. SS
3. supes
4. gladiator
5. the rest

Priest
I think Thor traveled 3x light speed.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Faceman

1. Silver Surfer
2. Runner no gem
3. Superman
4. Thor
5. Green Lantern Hal
6. Gladiator

SS/Runner
Superman
Galdiator
Hal
Thor

Galan007
First off, I know that Runner's battle speed is > Surfer's. However, I am currently of the impression that the high-end travel speed feats we've seen from Surfer, dwarf those seen from Runner . See, imo travel and battle speeds are two completely different things.

What I mean is, just because Runner was on Surfer like white on rice, and was able to maneuver faster than him, in their little quarrel - doesn't necessarily mean that he can get from point A to point B, faster. As far as that type of travel goes, Surfer's feats are > most.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by Galan007
See, imo travel and battle speeds are two completely different things.

thumb up

Rorschach
1. Runner
2. Silver Surfer
3. Green Lantern (Hal)
4. Superman/Gladiator
5. Thor

janus77
I thought The Runner was still (inefficiently but nevertheless) accessing the power of the Space Gem, when he fought Surfer?

Surfer didn't truly fight to his optimal, nor was the race between them fair, given the way the powers of The Runner worked upon Surfer to neutralise much of his anger.

I would have expected The Runner sans Gem, to be a bit short of Surfer, speed-wise.

Ouallada
First off, I know that Runner's battle speed is > Surfer's. However, I am currently of the impression that the high-end travel speed feats we've seen from Surfer, dwarf those seen from Runner . See, imo travel and battle speeds are two completely different things.

What I mean is, just because Runner was on Surfer like white on rice, and was able to maneuver faster than him, in their little quarrel - doesn't necessarily mean that he can get from point A to point B, faster. As far as that type of travel goes, Surfer's feats are > most.

IIRC, the first couple panels of that fight had surfer moving through space, and showed the runner catching up with him and taking him by surprise. Nowhere conclusive though.

Originally posted by janus77
I thought The Runner was still (inefficiently but nevertheless) accessing the power of the Space Gem, when he fought Surfer?

Surfer didn't truly fight to his optimal, nor was the race between them fair, given the way the powers of The Runner worked upon Surfer to neutralise much of his anger.

I would have expected The Runner sans Gem, to be a bit short of Surfer, speed-wise.

The runner got the gem after the surfer fight.

Galan007
Originally posted by Ouallada
IIRC, the first couple panels of that fight had surfer moving through space, and showed the runner catching up with him and taking him by surprise. Nowhere conclusive though. That is how their quarrel started - but Surfer was just cruising around on his board, when Runner 'caught up' to him. So that really tells us nothing about their 'top speeds' imo.

What we can be fairly certain of is, Runner's battle speed is > Surfers . However, in terms of how fast these characters can get from one point to another travel speed] Surfer's feats are > Runner's imo. For that reason, I'd put Surfer ahead of Runner here.

TheBigBoss
1. Runner
2. Silver Surfer
3. Green Lantern (Hal)
4. Superman/Gladiator
5. Thor

Ouallada
That is how their quarrel started - but Surfer was just cruising around on his board, when Runner 'caught up' to him. So that really tells us nothing about their 'top speeds' imo.

What we can be fairly certain of is, Runner's battle speed is > Surfers . However, in terms of how fast these characters can get from one point to another travel speed] Surfer's feats are > Runner's imo. For that reason, I'd put Surfer ahead of Runner here.

On the other hand, judging from the look on his face, the runner wasn't exactly going all out in terms of speed either even when he caught up to a cruising surfer.

Well, besides that race with fastforward and Makkarri (which was so bad it was actually good), the runner really doesn't have many feats, much less travel speed feats. However, a lot of his speed in the battle against surfer could logically translate to travel speed as well, as the runner only used his speed pre-h2h with the surfer. I understand the difference between battle speed and travel speed, but I traditionally associate the former with reflexes and the ability to hit an opponent at grreat speeds, at close quarters. Something like what surfer did to Nova would be battle speed, but easily translated to travel speed as well. That was along the lines of what runner was doing against surfer. Something like what spiderman did to firelord, though, is purely battle speed and cannot be translated to travel speed, in my opinion.

Of course, this is still inconclusive, but it certainly isn't a no limits fallacy when arguing or speculating to place runner above surfer here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.