My POTC Vids...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

savvysparrowluv
Hello friends smile

I've been doing quite a bit of thinking lately and to avoid any legality issues and avoid some of the potential trouble that google/YT is going to stir up, I'm removing my fandom videos from youtube. *However* I will be keeping copies of the videos on disk, so if anybody is particularly attached to one of my vids or something like that haha, i can send you the file to download etc. I'll be leaving the vids up until July 8th, then I'll be taking them down, so please post here if there is a vid of mine that you want to keep (I know all you girls well enough to trust you not to plagiarize or anything). So...lemme know! smile

Nanami_XIV
yea,I'm doing the same. saving all my videos that I have to a disk. I'm leaving yt,forever and moving to Live video ^^ *mummbles about not letting anyone get my IP address* >>

J.P Jaeh_Poole
google/yt's gonna stir up trouble with fanvids?

can someone please explain more on the matter? >.<

IheartPocky
I read that if the video doesn't take away money from the company, it isn't a problem... or something big grin Like, a fan vid isnt something you can rent or buy... ya know.. smile

J.P Jaeh_Poole
so fan vids, are, so to speak, against the law?

if they are, then so much for the freedom rights and all that.. think all fanvids have disclaimers on em- no one claims to own the movie... think

Nanami_XIV
well I made potc vids in the past..then I emailed them when they were taken down and they said I had to get written proof to show I could use those clips >>

J.P Jaeh_Poole
....wow. I wonder how you were , so to speak, "caught"? so many people making fan vids and you're the one who was targeted? that sucks...

Guys, just to be sure though, always have a back-up of all your files online...

...now i have to go and make copies of the stuff i post on fanfiction.net......

Nanami_XIV
You know that's what im curious about..there could be a video two years old,but it still be up while others are taken down

oh, I'm sure ff.net is fine ^^; Think I read somewhere that JK Rowling even reads some fanfictions of harry potter

J.P Jaeh_Poole
exactly.

I do hope they don't "target" me next.. I have only been there on yt two months!!!

awesome- good to know, lol! although, I'd rather do it still just to be sure, lol... I do hope btw that disney wouldn't mind all the fan art.......

Nanami_XIV
it seems I can never stay on YT for more than a year..I had just hit another year mark when I closed my account. -.-

*huddles over new CatCF fanfic and fanart* They take everything else except this stuff..*pokes at new fanfic* Ugggh it's horrible!

J.P Jaeh_Poole
wow. that really sucks... why'd you close the last one?

it couldn't be that bad... what are they about?

SparrabethRose
I just got Sony Vegas Movie Studio, and now Youtube is going to be deleting music vids? I haven't even had a chance to put anything online! My dad won't let me get clips from the dvds cause it's illegal, and I've been using clips I've taken with his camera. He said since "they aren't dvd quality they're ok to use", but now I'm even wondering if that's legal.

savvysparrowluv
Yeah, i don't think thats legal either sadly sad Aw, that REALLY sucks Rose. You can always make videos for you and friends tho, just not post it online. I think its legal if you do it for personal use but don't post it correct?

SparrabethRose
I think so, but I'm still so ticked off at Youtube right now! Youtube is what got me into Pirates and my favorite couples and now I won't even be able to post my work alongside my favorite vidders. That's totally stupid! Is there any other site that lets you post music videos?

Nanami_XIV
yea,I'm a member of livevideo.com and you can post videos there

J.P Jaeh_Poole
I'm gonna move there if something goes wrong on youtube...

I don't think they'll be able to clear everyone off though...

PirateDiva
You have to be kidding me with all this Google/YT B.S!!!!!! What the HeL-L am I supose to do now when I have a Sparrabeth attack and I need videos to calm me down!!!!!?????? Surely ppl r gonna start taking Sparrabeth vids down and thats horrible!!!!! I want to cry!!!! sad

Is there a way to download my fav vids n keep them?

oh and Savvy I'm definately gonna want the Trailer u made for my story SOAU!!! smile Pleeeease!!!

J.P Jaeh_Poole
there is a way, diva... ^_^

there are many ways... stick out tongue

and one of them is using a youtubeconverter.. wink

texgodiva2s
Sucketh greatly--I am disturbed by the desire Google/youtube has to protect me so much I can't get that which I enjoy--there wasn't any money making as far as I can tell--it's not like everybody sent $5 to the person making the vid or whatever--also, if there is a disclaimer thingy or copyright whatever, then aren't the songs being used also under attack--so even if you only had images of Johnny Depp that you took with your very own camera when you were at an opening, then wouldn't that be a problem also?

I understand about people taking this or that image and making money off it--but for pete's sake--the vids I've watched and thoroughly enjoyed have been for fun--I mean for goodness sake--Jack supposedly singing "Friend like Me" from Aladdin. Come on--don't protect me that much please.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.