Dissidia -Final Fantasy-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB -1138
Seriously? No thread on this game yet? Well here is the Game Informer article about it:

Who would win in a fight: Zidane or Sephiroth? Okay, that was an easy one, but soon Dissidia: Final Fantasy will allow you to set up more challenging bouts between your favorite Final Fantasy heroes and villains. As a way to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the franchise, Dissidia is a battle royale including some of the most popular characters in the series' history.

If the idea of Final Fantasy mixed with fighting games immediately triggers nightmares related to Ehrgeiz, you can rest easy. The gameplay footage indicates that Dissidia is focused on fast, fun battles instead of Ehrgeiz's slow, stupid ones. Characters like Kuja, Garland, and the Warrior of Light will unleash flurries of attacks (complete with gorgeous particle effects) from anywhere in the environement. The ability to scale walls and clash in mid-air looks like it will infuse the combat with the over-the-top sensibilities of Advent Children.

In order to know the complete story, you will have to play through Dissidia with each of the available characters and explore their unique ability advancement. For instance, Kuja can enter his Trance state, and we wouldn't be surprised if a limit break or two made an appearence. Square Enix will probably be unveiling more combatants in the coming months, and we'll be sure to let you know if you favorite makes the cut...unless your favorite is Edward. Sorry to break it to you, but spoony bards are not excellent fighters.

Blax_Hydralisk
Oh..kay.. FInal Fantasy brothers: Brawl?

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Oh..kay.. FInal Fantasy brothers: Brawl?

Super Smash Bros doesn't overpower their characters to the point of godlike abilities like this game will.

Blax_Hydralisk
Ah.

So it's like.. an inferior Final Fantasy Brothers: brawl?

InnerRise
Don't really know what to think about this.

I don't see this being as huge a deal as they're making it out to be.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka......

@st
And I thought Mario was getting whored out too much. stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Mario cannot really be whored out too much as he was specifically designed as someone who could be fitted into any type of game.

Very much unlike FF characters,

Blax_Hydralisk
It's natural for companies to whore out they're flagship characters/franchises, though. Nintendo does it, Xbox is beginning to whore out Halo, Sony's biggest things really are Final Fantasy.. so it's only natural.

Kumar
anyone know what platforms this is coming out for????

ESB -1138
Sadly...the PSP

Neo Darkhalen
Yes I have a PSP, and it's about damn time there was a FF brawl game.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Sadly...the PSP

Are you fecking kidding me?

Good job Sony and Enix, you retards. Another waste of a game.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

If only I was kidding...if only. Oh well. Easy come, easy go. Screw the PSP. I'll just wait for Final Fantasy IV DS!!!

JKozzy
New trailer for the game:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s5qBddbYbzA

http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1239&mode=&order=0&thold=0

To all the haters, don't really care what you say, if you don't want to enjoy the titles that are on the PSP, good for you. I own a PSP and am glad to see the flow of good titles continuing with this and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. This looks like it could be really fun and I'm all for ridiculous crossovers.

S_D_J
Originally posted by JKozzy
New trailer for the game:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s5qBddbYbzA

http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1239&mode=&order=0&thold=0

To all the haters, don't really care what you say, if you don't want to enjoy the titles that are on the PSP, good for you. I own a PSP and am glad to see the flow of good titles continuing with this and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. This looks like it could be really fun and I'm all for ridiculous crossovers.

glad to see you back Jkozzy!!!

I agree, the PSP it's in dire need of exclusives titles, this one sounds like a great game (hopefully it won't be a Ehrgeiz)... and I love FF, and now I own a PSP... so it's all good for me happy

Kero_Co
I'm glad to see Garland and the Warrior of Light looks awesome, but they have yet to announce any FFV(favorite)-VI(best) characters.

In FFV, they could use either ExDeath(ironically hilarious) or Gilgamesh(Clash on the Big Bridge please) because they're both awesome. The Hero would most likely be Bartz, but I wouldn't mind Galuf or Faris either, as long as the heroes have their now signature Finisher!. I would like to see Terra get in as far as FFVI is concerned.

SaTsuJiN
so ... this will be 'lolmashXbutton' like kingdom hearts? I if they put too much rpg elements there wont be any skill involved

is this even a player vs player fighter? or is it just 1 player.. I play the game til I achieve god-mode?

cuz I've wanted a fighter since Ergheiz / bushido blade.. but it seems like square doesnt care much to dabble in that area anytime soon

ESB -1138
This game is going to be packed with FF7 characters and like 1 or 2 (good and bad) characters from other titles.

Csdabest
it doesnt seem like that. It seem their are actually balancing the character. Also....Wow at My homie Squall going toe to toe with Sephiroth.

But cloud better be the hero of FVII. They might pull a twist and bring in Zack.(if theire is ahidden characters i wouldnt mind a zack being hidden for FVII and Seipher for VIII))

JKozzy
This game is going to be packed with FF7 characters and like 1 or 2 (good and bad) characters from other titles. Well, obviously you haven't been keeping up on the game... they're only pulling two main characters from each series title. And so far only Sephiroth has been announced from VII. Note how they comment how they "chose Jecht instead of Seymour for X's second character." Because they're limiting the number of characters from each title. Maybe a hidden and unplayable character from each in addition. But it's all equal, so I don't understand the unprovoked hate for VII... huh

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
so ... this will be 'lolmashXbutton' like kingdom hearts? I if they put too much rpg elements there wont be any skill involved

is this even a player vs player fighter? or is it just 1 player.. I play the game til I achieve god-mode?

cuz I've wanted a fighter since Ergheiz / bushido blade.. but it seems like square doesnt care much to dabble in that area anytime soon Sounds like it will be both, from the interview above.

Kazenji
So its pretty much Ehrgeiz but 20x better...........hopefully.

ThoraxeRMG
I wasn't aware of this game..

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dissidia_-Final_Fantasy-

Looks awesome.

ThoraxeRMG
27U6KAOXFYs
Damn Squall Fighting Sephiroth Was Epic.

Pyron_Knight
I just want to hear what the English VAs will sound like.

Kero_Co
The topic for this is still on the front page >_>;

ThoraxeRMG
*Looks and sees*
Oh it's at the bottom silly me.

Jedah Materia
Looks good

Scythe
This game looks spiffy.

Kero_Co
can't spell spiffy without iffy

JKozzy
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
I wasn't aware of this game..

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dissidia_-Final_Fantasy-

Looks awesome. Weren't aware of the existing thread either, I see wink

ThoraxeRMG
Yep, hence this quote.

JKozzy
thumbsup

MadMel
this games looks awesome! big grin

Kazenji
Looks great

Sucks to be a DS owner(which i'm not).

Man of...
If this game plays like a good old regular traditional fightin' game. It could possibly be my most favorite fighter.

qfc X2 + P =Omni Slash. That would be a dream come true.

k1Lla441
Sadly...the PSP
how the hell are they going to do anything with the game on psp?

Kazenji
Most likey be using the Analong stick to move and the buttons to attack and jump

Not that complicated erm

Final Blaxican
The PSP stick does kind of suck balls though.

Unless they changed it since I last saw it. I've only seen the oldest original model.

MadMel
Originally posted by Man of...
If this game plays like a good old regular traditional fightin' game. It could possibly be my most favorite fighter.

qfc X2 + P =Omni Slash. That would be a dream come true.
fraid not, it plays more like kingdom hearts erm

Kazenji
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
The PSP stick does kind of suck balls though.

Its been fine for me

occultdestroyer
Sony should make more PSP exclusives like this.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Kazenji
Its been fine for me

I don;t like it, personally. But I have really, really big hands. Way bigger than most. I need bigger controls to handle the game.

Yeah, I might be inclined to actually buy one.

Kazenji
My only problem with the PSP is really the battery life it gets drained quickly even quicker with God of War: Chains of olympus.

Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Sony should make more PSP exclusives like this.

And there is'nt any exclusive titles for it ???

thats a new one to me erm

Man of...
Originally posted by MadMel
fraid not, it plays more like kingdom hearts erm This may be a shocker but I have never played KH before, seen the entire game from start to finnish but never put my hands on the controller. From what I've seen the controls in KH are cool, right?

MadMel
oh yea big grin
gameplay

aoTdB0WTXX4

ib3bsmIIGOM&feature=related

Final Blaxican
It remins me of a mix between Kingdom Hearts and DBZ Tenkaihichi.

That first match loooked fun though.

Man of...
Originally posted by MadMel
oh yea big grin
gameplay

aoTdB0WTXX4

ib3bsmIIGOM&feature=related Can't see vids but I'm willin' to trust you...

My PSP is rageddy but it's not outa the game yet, it can take a final run wit this game.

ThunderGodEneru
Query: Will this game ever make its way to the US?

Final Blaxican
Probably.

ThunderGodEneru
Statement: That is what was said about the videogame "Capcom vs. Tatsunoko."

Final Blaxican
Knights of the Old Republic sucks.

Kazenji
Knights of the Old Republic sucks...... Lol what ???

what does that have to do with this game.

Final Blaxican
Statement: Nothing, but I'm not talking about the game.

ThunderGodEneru
Knights of the Old Republic sucks. Hm. Was wondering if you would get the reference.

Final Blaxican
Mesa Star Wars nerd. Mesa your humble buttslave. no expression

Zack Fair
This game intro gave me a boner. I'm playing it right now and...hmm though I don't get the story with all the kanji and japanese dialogue the game plays fun. I'm eager to kick ass with Squall.

ThunderGodEneru
EDITED FOR STUPIDITY

Zack Fair
Dissidia intro

tfKcfNkoZjI

Zack Fair
Love this game.

Cloud and Cecil are uber noob friendly, but that is ok since everything is in japanese and hard to figure out.

Sephiroth is a counter whore. And Tidus is an evasion beast.

Scythe
If this comes out in America, I'm sure it can get purchased for the PS3 through the online store.

Neo Darkhalen
It's a good game, my friend downloaded it and I have to say it looks really good, I'll get it, just for the fact I can play as Cefca/Kefka.

Scythe
http://na.square-enix.com/dissidia/

Sweet, North American release in Aug.

I am who I am
Man, it's finally time to blow the dust off that PSP of mine.

Scythe
I know, right?

I am who I am
It's been ages since a REALLY good game has come to that damn thing.

Welkin Gunther
Star Ocean: Second Evolution was only released a few months ago and it's the best game on the system.

I am who I am
Eh?

If you can show me more peeps who think that. I might buy it.

Welkin Gunther
It's got a stronger following in Japan and I don't think anyone on these boards has even heard of it but it truly is an incredible game and the best that the PSP has to offer. Check out the IGN review for more specific details, and if you do get it I can promise that it won't disappoint.

Welkin Gunther
Any of these would be worth checking out as well; the PSP has a pretty awesome range of JRPGs:

Star Ocean: First Departure
Tales of Eternia
Phantasy Star Portable
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim
Breath of Fire III

ThunderGodEneru
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 is better than every game by FFT you listed. smile

Welkin Gunther
I disrespectfully disagree.

ThunderGodEneru
Well you're banned, so your opinion doesn't matter. smile

Alicia Melchiot
Yes it does. big grin

Ooh forgot to include:

Final Fantasy I-II
Astonishia Story
Generation of Chaos

And to a lesser extent:

Valhalla Knights 1 & 2
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

And for games of other genres:

Silent Hill: Origins
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Armored Core: Formula Front
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

And of course:

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force I-III

Darth Jello
Why is this game getting so much positive press when compared to how Castlevania tried the same concept and failed miserably?

XanatosForever
...Maybe because it looks like they actually didn't fail? erm Just a thought...

I am who I am
Even if your not a FG fan, TDR is still the best game on the PSP, imo.Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 is better than every game by FFT you listed. smile Last I checked, MHF2 is one of the most expensive games on the PSP and it's old as hell, I still haven't bought it.

ThunderGodEneru
That's one of the perks to getting your PSP hacked, free games. 131

I am who I am
Mine IS hacked, but how in the hell do you get it to play games above the Playstation? I didn't even know you could pirate PSP games.

ThunderGodEneru
I download them online.

I am who I am
O'course you couldn't tell me where...

Zack Fair
Been playing this game for so long...nevertheless Ill get the english version as well

Neo Darkhalen
Same here.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by I am who I am
O'course you couldn't tell me where... I have a friend do it lol. Sorry.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Been playing this game for so long...nevertheless Ill get the english version as well

Then might I ask how Squall and Zidane are? After watching the videos, they seem to appeal to me the most out of the good guys.

Scythe
If you preorder this game from Amazon.com, you get the soundtrack free while supplies last. Neat.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Then might I ask how Squall and Zidane are? After watching the videos, they seem to appeal to me the most out of the good guys.

Squall is a Brave Points raper, if you don't know what I'm talking about brave points are attacks performed by pressing the circle. These attacks do not hurt HP, but they are very important because they decide how much damage you deal when you perform an hp attack(square) so the higher the brave points the higher the damage when you deal a square attack.

Zidane is an air combo beast and he is very fast to boot. Both are fun chars but Squall is harder to use because he doesn't have a Brave points to HP attack link.

Kazenji
Preview video

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=487698&pagenumber=5

Nephthys
Why does that link lead right back to this page?

Kazenji
Try again

http://au.gamespot.com/psp/action/dissidiafinalfantasy/video/6213375

Confrontation X
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Dissidia intro

tfKcfNkoZjI Did people just ignore this? Cuz I like...came in my pants. That intro was sweet. I actually thought it was fairly new but not really, and I also noticed it looks somewhat different than the first teaser trailer.

I also noticed months ago that youtube videos are looking RIDICULOUSLY better than before...what with the HD thing...

Downloaded the demo via PS Store and it was...alright. Too much moon gravity battling.

Confrontation X
*This next post was supposed to be in FFXIII thread* stick out tongue sorry

Scythe
Game's almost here, have you guys downloaded the free demo yet?

Jmanghan

Good job Sony and Enix, you retards. Another waste of a game. The salt was so real in 2007.

The PSP >>> The DS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.