Silver surfer vs Magneto, Classic juggernaut and xavier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ultimatethor
Can these three take down SS?

batdude123
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Can these three take down SS?

No. Silver Surfer creates mini black holes in all of their brains, before desecrating their anuses...

Is that what you wanted to hear?

janus77
although it looks a formidable match up on paper, in actuality this should be pretty easy for Surfer.

the key would be speed and range of attacks.

Juggernaut and Xavier are as good as statues, so no one can interfere as Surfer takes Magneto out by phasing his board into him. this probably takes a second at most.

then Xavier finds his telepathic powers are switched off, and Juggernaut gets mind-wiped/brain dead.

batdude123
So essentially what I said...

janus77
in as far as Surfer wins, yes.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by batdude123
No. Silver Surfer creates mini black holes in all of their brains, before desecrating their anuses...
k
Is that what you wanted to hear?

No. I think the fight has potential. Magneto takes on SS enrgy wise while Juggs goes after him physically and xavier attacks mentally. With three guys attacking SS on three different levels it would be harder to focus. I wanted to hear peoples opinions on it not talk about SS desecrating peoples anuses.

DeathKap
um i may sound stupid but does exavier have Cerebro or Cerebra or is just on his own power

DeathKap
Plus wouldent it be easy to kill exavierOriginally posted by DeathKap
um i may sound stupid but does exavier have Cerebro or Cerebra or is just on his own power

Dark-Jaxx
No. I think the fight has potential. Magneto takes on SS enrgy wise while Juggs goes after him physically and xavier attacks mentally. With three guys attacking SS on three different levels it would be harder to focus. I wanted to hear peoples opinions on it not talk about SS desecrating peoples anuses. That would be a viable tactic if it were not for the massive speed advantage SS mantains.

DeathKap
Do mental powers really work on the silver surfur?

Juk3n
he blitzes X, melts him at the 'fight'

stays above ground to deal with magneto

proceeds to incapacitate Juggs/ bfr maybe. imo

Acrosurge
Originally posted by DeathKap
Do mental powers really work on the silver surfur? Not so much. He's repelled Moondragon with the Mind Gem, which is pretty far above anything that Xavier is capable of.

Surfer should takes this. Magneto might hang with him for a short while, but really can't match him physically or through energy manipulation. Juggernaut could do some damage, but he's way too slow.

Pyron_Knight
Norrin would never have had a chance against the GodBlast that Thor hit Cain with.

TricksterPriest
Surfer doesn't have the raw power to hurt Juggs, but BFR is a casual and easy option for him.

Surfer's TP resist is good enough to take Xavier, and his speed makes locking on almost impossible. Hell, Quicksilver was able to outrun Exodus's TP easily.

Magneto is just outgunned, and outmatched.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Surfer doesn't have the raw power to hurt Juggs, but BFR is a casual and easy option for him.As is removing Jugg's helmet and forcing him to sleep or attacking him astrally (as he did during In Thy Name).

DeathKap
I believe it would be easy for Xavier to die. Hed be dead in an instant

Ambient
The team losses fighting as individual but as a amalgamated character, i think they would win a majority against Surfer, no BFR of course..

DeathKap
Exactly how can magneto hurt silver surfur?

Ambient
by himself i dont think he can..

DeathKap
Even with the others i dont think Magneto would leave any actual damage. Mabe knock him around a bit. I think juggernaut is the only one who would do anything. Xavier cant really have an effect on him without cerebro, or cerebra.

janus77
Originally posted by Ambient
The team losses fighting as individual but as a amalgamated character, i think they would win a majority against Surfer, no BFR of course..
even as an amalgam, they'd be excruciatingly slow, very limited in scope (Magneto can just about control all the Earth's magnetism, Surfer can evolve a planet billions of years... quite some disparity in scale there), barely negligible in terms of physical thread potential (Juggernaut at his best wouldn't even phase the Surfer) ...

they literally have zero chance of doing anything. Surfer would actively have to be willing them to hurt him, more than that, he would have to be sabotaging himself by some means, in order for them to get anywhere against him.

illadelph12
Couldn't Surfer just remove Magneto and Xavier's x-gene at the onset of battle? He does have dna manipulation abilities.

Creshosk
Originally posted by illadelph12
Couldn't Surfer just remove Magneto and Xavier's x-gene at the onset of battle? He does have dna manipulation abilities. Among other things.

Any way..

"You X-characters have been naughty, Surfer stomp!"

DeathKap
Originally posted by illadelph12
Couldn't Surfer just remove Magneto and Xavier's x-gene at the onset of battle? He does have dna manipulation abilities.
Yes. I dont see how they could win against surfur. i say he wins 10/10

Ambient
Originally posted by janus77
even as an amalgam, they'd be excruciatingly slow, very limited in scope (Magneto can just about control all the Earth's magnetism, Surfer can evolve a planet billions of years... quite some disparity in scale there), barely negligible in terms of physical thread potential (Juggernaut at his best wouldn't even phase the Surfer) ...

they literally have zero chance of doing anything. Surfer would actively have to be willing them to hurt him, more than that, he would have to be sabotaging himself by some means, in order for them to get anywhere against him.
As an amalgamated, there is just no way Surfer could harm them physically due to Jugg's durability also Mags EM manipulation and if he change strat. and takes mental persuasion; Xavier's mind would rendered that attack useless...

Surfer's overall abilities is dependant on PC (incl. durability, speed). Basically just a waiting game till Norrin runs out and slows down enough for the amalgamated team to handle.. Its def. going to be an all out drawn battle which is also dependant in the size of the battle field..

ultimatethor
As an amalgamated, there is just no way Surfer could harm them physically due to Jugg's durability also Mags EM manipulation and if he change strat. and takes mental persuasion; Xavier's mind would rendered that attack useless...

Surfer's overall abilities is dependant on PC (incl. durability, speed). Basically just a waiting game till Norrin runs out and slows down enough for the amalgamated team to handle.. Its def. going to be an all out drawn battle which is also dependant in the size of the battle field..

Mags EM manipulation is consdierably lower than the surfers. Also SS controls enrgy froms not in the EM spectrum. Waiting for norrin to run out would not really be a good strategy because he could easily replenish himself if need be by absorbing their bodily enrgies. With his DNA manip he could probably mess with their x gene. He could also make parts of their body inanimate and make them unable to move.( Doom with surfers powers did it to thing). Personally i think they would do better as a team because of the fact that SS would have to concentrate on multiple opponents.

DeathKap
Mags EM manipulation is consdierably lower than the surfers. Also SS controls enrgy froms not in the EM spectrum. Waiting for norrin to run out would not really be a good strategy because he could easily replenish himself if need be by absorbing their bodily enrgies. With his DNA manip he could probably mess with their x gene. He could also make parts of their body inanimate and make them unable to move.( Doom with surfers powers did it to thing). Personally i think they would do better as a team because of the fact that SS would have to concentrate on multiple opponents.

Yup. I still say Xavier isnt really a problem since his mental powers wont do much if anything, and easy to kill.

llagrok
Has Surfer ever displayed being capable of telepathically fighting someone and using other powers at the same time?

DeathKap
Originally posted by llagrok
Has Surfer ever displayed being capable of telepathically fighting someone and using other powers at the same time?
Don't think so. Could be wrong.

Ambient
Yes im quite aware of that but Mags abilities like say forcefield would be of great defense to Surfer's energy assaults or the ability to open miniature worm holes to escape against temporary bfr like say black holes..

Any manipulation done to the amalgam body, i think would be nulled against Jugg's mystical forcefield; this would incl. absorbing energies, missing w/ their x-genes to matter manipulating said body parts.

The teams as individuals would not be better due to durability issues and mystic energies that Surfer have difficulty manipulating which relies in Jugg..
Yup. I still say Xavier isnt really a problem since his mental powers wont do much if anything, and easy to kill.
yes i agree but Xaviers mental abilities makes a good defense agaisnt Surfers mental attacks.. I dont think Surfer would be able to best Prof. X in the astral plane. Dough he did say PC is stronger in the astral plane.. meh..
Yes his done so.. More like using CA or tp locating someone while fighting a horde of enemies..

llagrok
Yes his done so.. More like using CA or tp locating someone while fighting a horde of enemies..

I think that's different.

Xavier could pull an Emma Frost on Surfer.

Ambient
I think that's different.

Xavier could pull an Emma Frost on Surfer.
He could certainly try.. doubt it would work..

ultimatethor
Yes im quite aware of that but Mags abilities like say forcefield would be of great defense to Surfer's energy assaults or the ability to open miniature worm holes to escape against temporary bfr like say black holes..

Any manipulation done to the amalgam body, i think would be nulled against Jugg's mystical forcefield; this would incl. absorbing energies, missing w/ their x-genes to matter manipulating said body parts.

The teams as individuals would not be better due to durability issues and mystic energies that Surfer have difficulty manipulating which relies in Jugg..

I get ur point but IMO an amalgamated charcter would fare worse speedwise. This is because the attacks are coming from only one character and hence surfer would find it less hard to blitz only one person than he would three. However the only way that SS would be able to beat the amalgam IMO would be BFR or entrapment due to jugs invulnerability.

DeathKap
I get ur point but IMO an amalgamated charcter would fare worse speedwise. This is because the attacks are coming from only one character and hence surfer would find it less hard to blitz only one person than he would three. However the only way that SS would be able to beat the amalgam IMO would be BFR or entrapment due to jugs invulnerability.
I belief you are right.

DeathKap

But it would not be hard to kill xavier. So as soon as they battle he could just kill him like a fly and he cant do anything. thats my point

DeathKap
But it would not be hard to kill xavier. So as soon as they battle he could just kill him like a fly and he cant do anything. thats my point embarrasment

DeathKap
But it would not be hard to kill xavier. So as soon as they battle he could just kill him like a fly and he cant do anything. thats my point
Sorry that went to the wrong quote.

Ambient
I really dont think it makes any difference either amalgamated or individual in terms of speed compared to Surfer.. What matters is their survival ratio in Surfers first initial assault, as individual characters the mutants falls easy both lacks the durability, juggs is too limited he falls easy to surfers mental assault or incapacitated inside a blackhole but as an amalgamated diff. story, outside a dimensional or time bfr doubt Surfer could take an amalgamation of this team... I think we both agree on this... big grin
yes.. but not against an amalgamation of the team..

too late cant type and think properly.. lol

carnage52
um i may sound stupid but does exavier have Cerebro or Cerebra or is just on his own power you do by not being able to spell xavier

DeathKap
Originally posted by carnage52
you do by not being able to spell xavier
I have spelled Xavier correct in my other quotes. Sorry for my mistake.

llagrok
He could certainly try.. doubt it would work..

Sure, you doubt it.

But unless the Surfer has ever fought someone telepathically and used his other powers at the same time, it's a viable tactic.

Avlon
I believe the team can take a win or two though Surfer takes the vast majority.

This being that Surfer has had some issues with the EM spectrum and Juggs durability. Xavier seems pretty useless here.

That being, unless everything is perfectly orchestrated, they still lose to SS.

Erik-Lensherr
I see Juggernaut and Xavier useless here to be honest, and unless Magneto manages to protect them from being BFR-ed and killed respectivly, he will be all alone, and lose.

ultimatethor
I really dont think it makes any difference either amalgamated or individual in terms of speed compared to Surfer.. What matters is their survival ratio in Surfers first initial assault, as individual characters the mutants falls easy both lacks the durability, juggs is too limited he falls easy to surfers mental assault or incapacitated inside a blackhole but as an amalgamated diff. story, outside a dimensional or time bfr doubt Surfer could take an amalgamation of this team... I think we both agree on this... big grin

yes.. but not against an amalgamation of the team..

too late cant type and think properly.. lol

I do understand your point and in a fight i now believe that an amalgamtion would indeed be harder to defeat barring BFR( As you said he might not be able to take them/him at all). Including BFR however i think an amalgam would be easier to defeat because of numbers. If magneto and xavier work together i could see mags shielding xavier while xavier initiates a mental attack on SS. Meanwhile mags could also put a shield around juggys head to prevent ( at least temporarily) ss removing his helmet. Juggy could then intiate his own physical attack while ss is fighting xavier mentally. Now as an amalgam all of these powers will be available but i would think that using them all at once would be difficult. Using mags enrgy manip while fighting SS on the mental plane ana also fighting him physically would be difficult IMO.

llagrok
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
I see Juggernaut and Xavier useless here to be honest, and unless Magneto manages to protect them from being BFR-ed and killed respectivly, he will be all alone, and lose.

Originally posted by Avlon
I believe the team can take a win or two though Surfer takes the vast majority.

This being that Surfer has had some issues with the EM spectrum and Juggs durability. Xavier seems pretty useless here.

That being, unless everything is perfectly orchestrated, they still lose to SS.

How is Xavier useless? We've never seen the Surfer fight a high level telepath and use the rest of his powers at the same time. For all we know, it would go just like it did with Exodus.

Erik-Lensherr
Actually, it seems I formulated that wrong. I see Xavier and Juggernaut useless because, not and unless Magneto manages to protect them from being BFR-ed and killed respectivly, he will be all alone, and lose.

DeathKap
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Actually, it seems I formulated that wrong. I see Xavier and Juggernaut useless because, not and unless Magneto manages to protect them from being BFR-ed and killed respectivly, he will be all alone, and lose.
True.

Avlon
How is Xavier useless? We've never seen the Surfer fight a high level telepath and use the rest of his powers at the same time. For all we know, it would go just like it did with Exodus.

His durability. Even a side effect of Surfers power could easily kill Xavier. While powerful, he doesn't get the added bonus of durability that Mags and Juggy get with their powerset.

llagrok
Originally posted by Avlon
His durability. Even a side effect of Surfers power could easily kill Xavier. While powerful, he doesn't get the added bonus of durability that Mags and Juggy get with their powerset.

Which is why Xavier would attack instantly of course

DeathKap
Which is why Xavier would attack instantly of course
Wouldent do much if he attacked. Surtainly not enough to stop SS from snappin his fingers and kills xavier.

Juntai
Surfer flies in at 3000000000000000x lightyears per micro second, has his board chops Xavier in half, bfr's Cain into another side of space with a cosmic wormhole, then goes toe to toe with Magneto, power cosmic vs em control powers, and Magneto talks a bunch of shit, and actually tries to compare his power to that of cosmic, and Surfer replies "YOU DONT KNOW THE TRUE MIGHT OF MY COSMIC POWER", fight over, Surfer wins.

Same way Surfer beats the entire JLA and JSA combined on the forum. If he can do that, why would these three be a problem?

Soljer
Originally posted by Juntai
Surfer flies in at 3000000000000000x lightyears per micro second, has his board chops Xavier in half, bfr's Cain into another side of space with a cosmic wormhole, then goes toe to toe with Magneto, power cosmic vs em control powers, and Magneto talks a bunch of shit, and actually tries to compare his power to that of cosmic, and Surfer replies "YOU DONT KNOW THE TRUE MIGHT OF MY COSMIC POWER", fight over, Surfer wins.

Same way Surfer beats the entire JLA and JSA combined on the forum. If he can do that, why would these three be a problem?

A little over the top.

I feel that the Surfer could take this match. Definitely not capable of taking on the JLA or the JSA.

Juntai
Originally posted by Soljer
A little over the top.

I feel that the Surfer could take this match. Definitely not capable of taking on the JLA or the JSA. I was being sarcastic, but I've seen posts of people claiming he does shit like that to the JLA.

Erik-Lensherr
If Magneto manages to shield Xavier, then things could really get interesting. Xavier could just deactivate Magneto's subconscious limitations of his power similar to how Emma did to Hellion IIRC. IMO, since Magneto has shown some impressive feats while subonsciously limiting his power, then if those limitations are off, he would be capable of protecting the others from Surfer, enough so that they manage to take him down.

Avlon

Best.Post.Evar!!!

Soljer
I was being sarcastic, but I've seen posts of people claiming he does shit like that to the JLA.

I knew you were being sarcastic. Just saying, I don't think you need to bring in arguments like those in order to beat the team.

Juntai
Originally posted by Soljer
I knew you were being sarcastic. Just saying, I don't think you need to bring in arguments like those in order to beat the team. True.

Originally posted by janus77
Hal and John would be beaten pdq by Surfer, on his way to slaughtering Flash or let's say Surfer changes every molecule of his body into Kryptonite, whilst twisting Flash's head off at 100x C... causing Superman to double-over in spasms. thus the 'fight' begins

Utrigita
If Magneto manages to erect some kind of shields against Surfer, will those Shields protect Magneto and Xaviar from Surfers ability to manipulate matter and turn off there X-gene?

Erik-Lensherr
True.

hysterical2

TricksterPriest
IIRC, most marvel telepaths have a severe problem with speedsters. Examples include Quicksilver cold-cocking Exodus and outrunning his TP, Cable having trouble with Surfer during C&D, and others.

"
Hal and John would be beaten pdq by Surfer, on his way to slaughtering Flash or let's say Surfer changes every molecule of his body into Kryptonite, whilst twisting Flash's head off at 100x C... causing Superman to double-over in spasms. thus the 'fight' begins "

..........Hate.......Surfer.......fanboys. durfist

DeathKap
I say surfur wins.

Branlor Swift
Also bump

Warlord
2008 was a good year

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.