Wolverine vs Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Great Galen
Okay so this is both guys going at full force....who takes it?

DigiMark007
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=453239&highlight=title%3A%28wolverine+vs.+venom%29

The Great Galen
That thread was fairly short, seems the majority say Venom wins...which makes sense by the way.

DigiMark007
Yeah, I was a bit surprised there wasn't more of them made, or more discussion on it. But it's an old one, so it's not like a new one isn't at least a bit justified.

DeathKap
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Okay so this is both guys going at full force....who takes it? dark-blue

I say wolverinr would take this. In what way could venom kill him?

The Great Galen
By punching his face in or ripping him apart via his webbing...can logan even keep up with him or physically match up.

Creshosk
By punching his face in or ripping him apart via his webbing...can logan even keep up with him or physically match up. Because punching him in the face worked for the hulk prior to WWH... and because ripping him apart worked in 616 for the hulk...

Man, hating on a character you knownothing about. belch

srankmissingnin
By punching his face in or ripping him apart via his webbing...can logan even keep up with him or physically match up.

Considering that Wolverine has stalemated Venom - what - three times, now? I think it's pretty clear he can keep up with him?

And FYI... none of those methods will much use.

The Great Galen
Im not talking about PIS/CIS or lazy writing, i mean a well written Venom at the peak of his powers.....take that PIS garbage outta here im trying to have a honest debate.

DeathKap
Still venom could not kill him, could he? and im not sure if wolvorine could kill him either. ive seen alot of wolvorine fights and not that many venom. i have not seen his regenerative capabilities. Are thy like wolvorines

Creshosk
Im not talking about PIS/CIS or lazy writing, i mean a well written Venom at the peak of his powers.....take that PIS garbage outta here im trying to have a honest debate. No you're not. an honest debate would not include the supressed evidence fallacy.

Reported for trolling.

Originally posted by Badabing
Also, ignoring on panel feats and scans isn't debating.

DeathKap
By punching his face in or ripping him apart via his webbing...can logan even keep up with him or physically match up. Wolverine was trained by weapan x and is like the most specialized in killing and fighting skill even though venom is fast i believe wolvorine could have better skills

geshien
Venom could suffocate Logan.

OneDumbG0
I haven't read too many Thunderbolts comics... but current Venom appears to be quite a beast... Anybody want to give me a quick and dirty low down on him?

jinzin
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I haven't read too many Thunderbolts comics... but current Venom appears to be quite a beast... Anybody want to give me a quick and dirty low down on him?
Gargan (old spidey foe Scorpion) is the new Venom host. He's generally portrayed as an overconfident villain, prone to making stupid mistakes.
For instance, Spiderman thinks he's a joke simply because it was Gargon who's in control.
Since Civil War though, it's become more and more apparent, that the suit's more in control of Gargan's actions the angrier or more injured he becomes. The suit's still working on Gargon's base reactions though, so instead of becoming more self reliant and using the better symbiote tricks that were displayed under Brock's control, or even it's own, it simply responds to Mac's primary stimulus. For example he grew a tail while he thought he was fighting Spidey similar to that of his classic Scorpion suit, recently when injured Mac responds by simply becoming far more massive and possibly/probably stronger as a result, the influence of the suit is still very high and very primal as evidenced by Venom's attempt to eat Flag Jack and his actual eating of Steel Spider's arm.

The new Venom is stronger than his classic self and according to Spiderman may be as powerful as Thing, however, while he seems to have a higher tolerance to fire, he ALSO seems to have a weaker tolerance to most anything else including stab wounds, electricity, and blunt force.

DeathKap
i just say they will always be stalematesOriginally posted by DeathKap
Wolverine was trained by weapan x and is like the most specialized in killing and fighting skill even though venom is fast i believe wolvorine could have better skills

redhotrash
Venom should be able to fill Wolverine's body with his costume and tear him apart from the inside. But hes right, Venom does seem a lot more vulnerable to various injuries lately. I was really expecting the symbiote to ditch Mac after Swordsman split him open. Thought it wouldve been awesome for it to go and attach itself to Bullseye, who was paralyzed still at the time.

llagrok
Originally posted by redhotrash
Venom should be able to fill Wolverine's body with his costume and tear him apart from the inside. But hes right, Venom does seem a lot more vulnerable to various injuries lately. I was really expecting the symbiote to ditch Mac after Swordsman split him open. Thought it wouldve been awesome for it to go and attach itself to Bullseye, who was paralyzed still at the time.

He's not tearing the guy with an adamantium skeleton apart -.-

george '06
Originally posted by llagrok
He's not tearing the guy with an adamantium skeleton apart -.-
doesnt have adamantium muscle and tissue

Erik-Lensherr
Venom.

DeathKap
Originally posted by george '06
doesnt have adamantium muscle and tissue But it should grow back right?

Eel O'Brian
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yeah, I was a bit surprised there wasn't more of them made, or more discussion on it. But it's an old one, so it's not like a new one isn't at least a bit justified. Ironically, the one you just posted was closed, because there was another one already made, which you linked to...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=415486&highlight=title%3A%28wolverine+vs.+venom%29

carnage52
Originally posted by DeathKap
Wolverine was trained by weapan x and is like the most specialized in killing and fighting skill even though venom is fast i believe wolvorine could have better skills learn to spell

DeathKap
Originally posted by carnage52
learn to spell Sorry.

The Great Galen
I understand Wolverine's feat but I also understand that like Batman he has a huge jobber aura around him so as a result we can't take every on panel feat to seriously. With that said a well writtent venom could easily destroy him, either with pure speed or strength.

Phantom Zone
Gargan Venom is a wuss he loses.

DeathKap
I understand Wolverine's feat but I also understand that like Batman he has a huge jobber aura around him so as a result we can't take every on panel feat to seriously. With that said a well writtent venom could easily destroy him, either with pure speed or strength. [/QUOTE Wolverine has been attacked by the hulk and lived. I dont think venom will kill him.

Creshosk
Wolverine has been attacked by the hulk and lived. I dont think venom will kill him. I think its funny that people forget that... Hell, Hulk's tried to rip him apart in the 616 universe and failed.

So Venom is going to perform a strength feat that Hulk could not. Hilarious.

DeathKap
Originally posted by Creshosk
I think its funny that people forget that... Hell, Hulk's tried to rip him apart in the 616 universe and failed.

So Venom is going to perform a strength feat that Hulk could not. Hilarious. wink

Eternal Idol
I understand Wolverine's feat but I also understand that like Batman he has a huge jobber aura around him so as a result we can't take every on panel feat to seriously. With that said a well writtent venom could easily destroy him, either with pure speed or strength.

Pure speed or strength? Wolverine's fast enough to keep up with Spider-Man (Marvel's posterboy for agility) and give him a fight. He also regularly goes toe-to-toe with enemies with superhuman strength. Venom's best hope is to try to immobilize Wolverine with webbing, or suffocate him.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Pure speed or strength? Wolverine's fast enough to keep up with Spider-Man (Marvel's posterboy for agility) and give him a fight. He also regularly goes toe-to-toe with enemies with superhuman strength. Venom's best hope is to try to immobilize Wolverine with webbing, or suffocate him. And the webbing never works. he keeps cutting his way out of it.

DeathKap
The only way Venom could win is by suffocateing him.

Creshosk
The only way Venom could win is by suffocateing him. even then how long would that take? How long does his Healing factor sustain him?

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7421/nodrownuo5.jpg

DeathKap
even then how long would that take? How long does his Healing factor sustain him?

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7421/nodrownuo5.jpg
True. it would probly take a while, and it probly would be easy to stop venom from attepting to drown him in that time, but again it would be the "only" way he could beat him right?

redhotrash
Logan isnt going to instantly heal from having his internal organs liquified. He can probably take current Venom since Gargan is a jobbing machine lately, but Brock if fighting to his full capacity would hallow him out.

Creshosk
Originally posted by redhotrash
Logan isnt going to instantly heal from having his internal organs liquified. You mean like he does when he fights the multi ton bricks? Like it states he does in one of his fights with the hulk?

Mindset
You mean like he does when he fights the multi ton bricks? Like it states he does in one of his fights with the hulk?

Well he didn't when he fought Namor. embarrasment

The Great Galen
Venom well rip him apart, or he could just punch through him or rip his head off...hell mag f'ed Wolv badly so im betting venom can as well.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Mindset
Well he didn't when he fought Namor. embarrasment I certainly hope that when wolverine takes more than one shot from a multi ton brick without being downed that he wasn't actually smeared internally.

Even a two ton(like the force of their swing) object moving at 50 mph can smear a person pretty good.

But taking a hit like that and continuing to fight like he wasn't?

Creshosk
Venom well rip him apart, Like Hulk failed to do?

or he could just punch through him Which will do more than being shot or stabbed through right?

or rip his head off... Because wolverine's bones can be separated, as they are each time his flesh is incinerated... Oh wait...

hell mag f'ed Wolv badly so im betting venom can as well. Because Venom has magnetic powers that can disrupt adamanitum on a molecular level?

The Great Galen
No but he has the raw physical strength, remember the chars here r not acting for the story but for what makes sense based on the powerset. Pls no PIS/CIS here.

Metalmanx
I certainly hope that when wolverine takes more than one shot from a multi ton brick without being downed that he wasn't actually smeared internally.

Even a two ton(like the force of their swing) object moving at 50 mph can smear a person pretty good.

But taking a hit like that and continuing to fight like he wasn't?

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Untitled-Scanned-05-10.jpg

jinzin
Well he didn't when he fought Namor. embarrasment What the f**k?

Wolverine was talking whole paragraphs of trash immediately after hitting the ground, he was already picking himself up, smiling, and coasting in neutral. no expression

Yeah he was doing just fine.

Starscream M
Originally posted by jinzin
What the f**k?

Wolverine was talking whole paragraphs of trash immediately after hitting the ground, he was already picking himself up, smiling, and coasting in neutral. no expression

Yeah he was doing just fine. venom tentaclerapes logan

Metalmanx
What the f**k?

Uh....where is he "picking himself up, smiling, and coasting in neutral"?

He's not even smiling. no expression

carver9
Originally posted by Metalmanx

actually he was smiling and his speach came out just right. I seen nothing that indicated him being unable to fight. The only way we would have known is if namor pressed his attack which would have lead to him getting gutted again.

By the way why are we bringing up namor when venom isnt even partial of his strength. Hell namor owned venom in like 2 panels and then ripped his tongue out. So lets please not bring him in this debate.

Creshosk
No but he has the raw physical strength, So he has the strength to do what Hulk failed to do. no expression

remember the chars here r not acting for the story but for what makes sense based on the powerset. Pls no PIS/CIS here. "what makes sense based on the powerset." Yet you'll happily ignore some of the powerset of having a 616 adamantium skeleton. ka-dur

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Untitled-Scanned-05-10.jpg You don't honestly think that in other times when people like the hulk hit him and he's still moving that his organs WEREN'T liquefied do you? no expression

DeathKap

You don't honestly think that in other times when people like the hulk hit him and he's still moving that his organs WEREN'T liquefied do you? no expression
Exactly

Soljer

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/6292/smilingya2.jpg

jinzin

He's not even smiling. no expression On that page check it out again champ. wink
Should be easy this time, Soljer's helping you.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Soljer
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/6292/smilingya2.jpg

I'm truly not trying to just make up arguments here. But, that's a smile? I honestly see it as a clenching of the teeth, more of a grimacing with pain.

Seriously. I'm not trying to be a hassle. It's just what I see. erm

Juntai
I'm truly not trying to just make up arguments here. But, that's a smile? I honestly see it as a clenching of the teeth, more of a grimacing with pain.

Seriously. I'm not trying to be a hassle. It's just what I see. erm Gotta cosign this. He just got smashed up and he's gritting his teeth a little.

srankmissingnin
Generally speaking, if someone was going to draw a grimmace or someone gritting his teeth, they would show a lot more gum and change the angle of the upper lip.

llagrok
Originally posted by Juntai
Gotta cosign this. He just got smashed up and he's gritting his teeth a little.

I think its a little of both man.

It looks like Wolverine is in pain, but trying to force out a smile. Either way, he's not enjoying himself there.

batdude123
Originally posted by llagrok
I think its a little of both man.

It looks like Wolverine is in pain, but trying to force out a smile. Either way, he's not enjoying himself there.

Really?

I thought Wolverine loves having his internal organs liquefied... mhmm

llagrok
Originally posted by batdude123
Really?

I thought Wolverine loves having his internal organs liquefied... mhmm

Naw, he likes dicing up the women he loves.

Whom he also fails to protect.

Juntai
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Generally speaking, if someone was going to draw a grimmace or someone gritting his teeth, they would show a lot more gum and change the angle of the upper lip. Just wondering,

http://dccomics.com/comics/cm_popup.php?i=9682&s=31

is that supposed to be a group of heros smiling at a badguy?

Wolverine seems to smile all the time.
http://marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/comics/onsale/covers/0708/WOLVDOW_TPB.jpg
http://marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/comics/onsale/covers/0308/wfc001.jpg

Maybe that's why he's such a great guy. Smiling when the chips are down and he's getting his ass pummeled into the ground and insulted.

srankmissingnin
Just wondering,

http://marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/comics/onsale/covers/0708/WOLVDOW_TPB.jpg
http://marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/comics/onsale/covers/0308/wfc001.jpg

Maybe that's why he's such a great guy. Smiling when the chips are down and he's getting his ass pummeled into the ground and insulted.

Generally speaking, if someone was going to draw a grimmace or someone gritting his teeth, they would show a lot more gum and change the angle of the upper lip.

See how in Wolverine vs Namor, his upper lip curves up, and in your examples... it curves down? And in all of them except the first example... there is more gum... especially in the First Class cover.

carver9

Seriously. I'm not trying to be a hassle. It's just what I see. erm

He look like he is smiling to me and you know how when someone in comics is in pain and how they draw the words coming out of there mouth. Wolverine words came out just fine.

Trust me by that scan alone, he was ok.

Soljer
Like Srank, in general, if the lip curves up, smile.

If they're straight or downward, sad.

In the scans Jun posted, the only person who's lips curved up....actually WAS smiling.

Starscream M
Generally speaking, if someone was going to draw a grimmace or someone gritting his teeth, they would show a lot more gum and change the angle of the upper lip. that's absurd

Starscream M
Just wondering,

Maybe that's why he's such a great guy. Smiling when the chips are down and he's getting his ass pummeled into the ground and insulted. AHAHAHAHAHHhahahahah friggin hilarious laughing laughing out loud

carver9
again why is namor brought in this battle, he did beat venom in two panels, so wolverine history against namor>>>>venoms. Back on topic wolverine 6/10

Starscream M
Originally posted by carver9
again why is namor brought in this battle, he did beat venom in two panels, so wolverine history against namor>>>>venoms. Back on topic wolverine 6/10 how exactly does Wolverine beat a non-jobbing venom?

Blax_Hydralisk
It really shouldn't be that hard... Logan's easily tangled with beings far superior to Venom consistently enough for it to not be passed off as PIS.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
It really shouldn't be that hard... Logan's easily tangled with beings far superior to Venom consistently enough for it to not be passed off as PIS. venom is very different from other foes, he may be weaker than some that logan faced, but he is in fact prob a tougher opponent than most of logan's villains

Blax_Hydralisk
Tougher is a relative term. Substantiate.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Starscream M
that's absurd How is using words as they're defined absurd?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=smile&r=66
1. to assume a facial expression indicating pleasure, favor, or amusement, but sometimes derision or scorn, characterized by an upturning of the corners of the mouth.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by carver9
again why is namor brought in this battle, he did beat venom in two panels, so wolverine history against namor>>>>venoms. Back on topic wolverine 6/10
hell wolverien history against venom is quite favorable.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
hell wolverien history against venom is quite favorable. only cuz of PIS

Battlehammer
only cuz of PIS
not at all.

It more pis for spiderman to do well vs venom then wolverine.

also it be cis not pis.

Starscream M
not at all.

It more pis for spiderman to do well vs venom then wolverine.

also it be cis not pis. logan cant really hurt venom at all

Battlehammer
logan cant really hurt venom at all
actaully he can. His claws can slash right through him into his host which is very bad for venom. If host dies venom loses. It been shown in the past that venom protects the host, but that the host can still be damage and when damage venom is severally weaken.

I mean do you simply enjoy talking out your back end, becuases that what you jsut did.

Starscream M
actaully he can. His claws can slash right through him into his host which is very bad for venom. If host dies venom loses. It been shown in the past that venom protects the host, but that the host can still be damage and when damage venom is severally weaken.

I mean do you simply enjoy talking out your back end, becuases that what you jsut did. wolverine's slashes are usually glancing blows...that do jack squat

wolverine can't really get a clean stab at someone like venom

also, venom's been shot by machine gun fire and popped out the bullets without suffering any injury...so even if logan does stab through, it won't do anymore damage than bullets that go into venom...

Battlehammer
wolverine's slashes are usually glancing blows...that do jack squat
...........are you kidding me...........was this a real comment? go away you troll.

ecpt he has multipil times.............

yup you love talking out your back end.

also, venom's been shot by machine gun fire and popped out the bullets without suffering any injury...so even if logan does stab through, it won't do anymore damage than bullets that go into venom...

also wolverine not a bullet he can pierces objects that bullets can't and his claws are far longer and far sharper then any bullet.

actually Logan can produces far more damage then a bullet...........again talking out your back end.......how wonderful.

ScarletSpeed

Adamantium claws>>bullets.

Creshosk
also, venom's been shot by machine gun fire and popped out the bullets without suffering any injury...so even if logan does stab through, it won't do anymore damage than bullets that go into venom... You are aware aren't you that Wolverine's claws are capable of piercing things that bullets cannot right? Like Hulk's skin.

Hell bullets can't penetrate water very well.

ScarletSpeed

...........are you kidding me...........was this a real comment? go away you troll.

ecpt he has multipil times.............

yup you love talking out your back end.

When has venom done this prove it.

also wolverine not a bullet he can pierces objects that bullets can't and his claws are far longer and far sharper then any bullet.

actually Logan can produces far more damage then a bullet...........again talking out your back end.......how wonderful. Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
Adamantium claws>>bullets. Originally posted by Creshosk
You are aware aren't you that Wolverine's claws are capable of piercing things that bullets cannot right? Like Hulk's skin.

Hell bullets can't penetrate water very well.

like some sort of raping laughing out loud

yeah I saw on Mythbusters that bullets can't penetrate water that well, and Venom is all liquidy, gooey and softlaughing out loudbelchsmile

Battlehammer
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
like some sort of raping laughing out loud

yeah I saw on Mythbusters that bullets can't penetrate water that well, and Venom is all liquidy, gooey and softlaughing out loudbelchsmile
yea it was lol.

yea it true bullets onces they hit water loses all momentum.

Starscream M
You are aware aren't you that Wolverine's claws are capable of piercing things that bullets cannot right? Like Hulk's skin.

Hell bullets can't penetrate water very well. thats irrelevant because the bullets DID penetrate Venom...as Im sure the adamantium claws would to were Logan able to land a clean shot

but the penetration was hardly any bother to Venom once he popped out the bullets...brock didn't seem damaged in the slightest

ScarletSpeed
thats irrelevant because the bullets DID penetrate Venom...as Im sure the adamantium claws would to were Logan able to land a clean shot

but the penetration was hardly any bother to Venom once he popped out the bullets...brock didn't seem damaged in the slightest

hardly any bother?

still doesn't change the fact that Wolveys Adamantium claws would gangrape a bullet

Starscream M

ummm....if logan's blows weren't mostly glancing blows, most of the people he fought would be cripples missing arms, legs and heads

fact is wolverine hardly ever lands a clean cut with his claws...dont deny it

Blax_Hydralisk
The point is that bullets are not adamantium claws. no expression Venom popping out bullets isn't profo that can he shrug off multiple blows from adamantium.

Battlehammer
thats irrelevant because the bullets DID penetrate Venom...as Im sure the adamantium claws would to were Logan able to land a clean shot

Becuases the bullets never touched brock. The suit made sure of that. Logan claws however can not, be stopped by the suit like bullets can and will and have gone into brock.

Logan has landed clean shots on brock............so stop pretending he can't.

oh and were not talking about brock venom were talking about current venom who far less skilled with it abilites and has shown to pritty much suck.

Starscream M
hardly any bother?

still doesn't change the fact that Wolveys Adamantium claws would gangrape a bullet I don't know...I think getting shot up by a machine gun would do far more harm than getting a stab by logan's claws....but thats my opinion

ScarletSpeed
Becuases the bullets never touched brock. The suit made sure of that. Logan claws however can not, be stopped by the suit like bullets can and will and have gone into brock.

oh and were not talking about brock venom were talking about current venom who far less skilled with it abilites and has shown to pritty much suck.

Oh we're talking about Gargan and not Brock?

Wolverine 10/10laughing

ScarletSpeed
I don't know...I think getting shot up by a machine gun would do far more harm than getting a stab by logan's claws....but thats my opinion

then you've clearly never met our boy Logan have ya?laughing out loud

Plus wolvering has been able to take that sort of attack and also has been known to move faster than bullets,

I don't see any reason for Wolverine to not land consistant clean hits into Venom

Starscream M

oh and were not talking about brock venom were talking about current venom who far less skilled with it abilites and has shown to pritty much suck. how could the bullets not have touched brock? they went into his body...he had to expell it out.

oh, didnt know this was the fake venom, wolverine wins then

Creshosk
ummm....if logan's blows weren't mostly glancing blows, most of the people he fought would be cripples missing arms, legs and heads

fact is wolverine hardly ever lands a clean cut with his claws...dont deny it He usually fights people with healing factors or people that DO wind up getting killed.

Unless you wanna say that when he goes through hordes of ninja that they're glancing blows... which wouldn't really explian the limbs the fly off...

Or is this like you "Cyclops is blind while firing" bullshit that you got a warning for?

Battlehammer

depends who he fighting. When he not fighting to kill he only going for superficial damage which is quite evident. When he going for kill shots/ or vs individuals with healing factors he slashes and stabs the shit out of them.

so pleases don't be an idiot.

Creshosk
how could the bullets not have touched brock? they went into his body...he had to expell it out. They went inot the gooey venom symbiote... Did you even understand about bullets not penetrating water very well?

Oh right, you pulled an alfheim. I say something that proves your logic wrong and you ay its irelevant...

oh, didnt know this was the fake venom, wolverine wins then ...

Battlehammer
Oh we're talking about Gargan and not Brock?

Wolverine 10/10laughing
yea hahahaha

Gargan reminds me of masterbruces ecpt if Gargan had no powers and was a small little asian

Starscream M
He usually fights people with healing factors or people that DO wind up getting killed.

Unless you wanna say that when he goes through hordes of ninja that they're glancing blows... which wouldn't really explian the limbs the fly off...

Or is this like you "Cyclops is blind while firing" bullshit that you got a warning for? are you shitting me? you seriously gonna tell me logan gets clean cuts in most of his fights???!! (oh, hand ninjas dont count...they're fodder)

logan's fought against DD, Cap, Punisher, etc...all of those guys would be missing limbs if Logan ever got a clean cut

ScarletSpeed
yea hahahaha

Gargan reminds me of masterbruces ecpt if Gargan had no powers and was a small little asian

yeah laughinglaughing

Starscream M
They went inot the gooey venom symbiote... Did you even understand about bullets not penetrating water very well?

Oh right, you pulled an alfheim. I say something that proves your logic wrong and you ay its irelevant...

... venom's suit is not water

also, it takes a tank of water to slow down a bullet

venom's suit is like 1/4 inch of goo on top of brock

ScarletSpeed
venom's suit is not water

venom's suit is like 1/4 inch of goo on top of brock

yes but Venom can change the density and change to liquid/goo as he pleases.

Blax_Hydralisk
logan's fought against DD, Cap, Punisher, etc...all of those guys would be missing limbs if Logan ever got a clean cut

You mean like when he gutted the Hulk and Deadpool? eek!

Battlehammer
how could the bullets not have touched brock? they went into his body...he had to expell it out.

oh, didnt know this was the fake venom, wolverine wins then

........No they went into venom they never reach his body which is the entire point of venom....suit........

Starscream M

Gargan reminds me of masterbruces ecpt if Gargan had no powers and was a small little asian thats really uncalled for... sad

Starscream M
You mean like when he gutted the Hulk and Deadpool? eek! hulk and deadpool actually LET wolverine cut him, cuz they have HFs that pretty much makes it irrelevant

Battlehammer
thats really uncalled for... sad
but it true and I think it was needed

Creshosk
venom's suit is not water

venom's suit is like 1/4 inch of goo on top of brock It doesn't take a tank of water to slow down a bullet. no expression

ScarletSpeed
It doesn't take a tank of water to slow down a bullet. no expression

true dat.

the bullet had slowed down way before it reached the bottom of the tank,

atleast in the example I seen.

Starscream M
but it true and I think it was needed erm

Starscream M
It doesn't take a tank of water to slow down a bullet. no expression prob not, but it takes a certain level of depth before the bullet slows down enough that it is harmless

ScarletSpeed
prob not, but it takes a certain level of depth before the bullet slows down enough that it is harmless

nevertheless the suit would absorb the impact of the bullet anyhow.

Creshosk
are you shitting me? you seriously gonna tell me logan gets clean cuts in most of his fights???!! (oh, hand ninjas dont count...they're fodder)

logan's fought against DD, Cap, Punisher, etc...all of those guys would be missing limbs if Logan ever got a clean cut Logan usually get a stab on punisher be it an arm or a leg.. a stab is not a "glancing blow"

no expression

Have you see n his fights with other char- Oh right you're master bruce, you don't ACTUALLY read comics... You just say stupid shit and get owned.

Battlehammer
actaully a bullet rather harmless right after hitting the water...........

Creshosk
prob not, but it takes a certain level of depth before the bullet slows down enough that it is harmless No firearm penetrates 14 inches. and the more powerful the gun the less depth you get.

It was a musket ball that went 14 inches before it changed its angle sharply and sank.

The more powerful ones kind shred themselves pretty early on. some don't even penetrate an inch. no expression

Blax_Hydralisk
hulk and deadpool actually LET wolverine cut him, cuz they have HFs that pretty much makes it irrelevant

Can you prove that? Because getting things cut off and getting impaled still hurts, and it's inconvenient. I don't think DP wanted Logan to chop off his fingers so that he couldn't fire his gun. If they allowed people to hit them just because they can heal from it then they wouldn't bother blocking or using defense at all. That's asinine.

Starscream M
Can you prove that? Because getting things cut off and getting impaled still hurts, and it's inconvenient. I don't think DP wanted Logan to chop off his fingers so that he couldn't fire his gun. If they allowed people to hit them just because they can heal from it then they wouldn't bother blocking or using defense at all. That's asinine. well, I know the Hulk sometimes allows Logan to cut him just so the Hulk could get close enough to grab logan...see WWH-Xmen for example

ScarletSpeed
Deadpool would let Wolverine cut him for lulz, but not during a fightlaughing out loud

Creshosk
well, I know the Hulk sometimes allows Logan to cut him just so the Hulk could get close enough to grab logan...see WWH-Xmen for example Wait.. you're using hulk? The guys who starts off slower than Wolverine?

Hulk, who yells "Hulks smash little man" and hates him for how much the claws hurt is going to let Wolverine cut him. no expression

Tha's almost as stupid as claiming that hulk holds back.

jinzin

also, venom's been shot by machine gun fire and popped out the bullets without suffering any injury...so even if logan does stab through, it won't do anymore damage than bullets that go into venom... Glancing blows? What the f**k? Is that what happened to those shiva robots, Wendigo, Hulk, and Namor? confused

And what part of bizzarro world did you pull that he can't get a clean stab on "someone like venom"...

"somone like venom"? And just what the hell does that mean?
Against Wolverine, Venom isn't particularly fast. He didn't typically utilize his agility all that often and he's only a decent street brawler. And that was Brock, unlike Gargan who NEVER utilizes agility, or speed, is a worse off fighter and is considerably less intelligent even. The only thing Venom's got right now is ridiculous strength levels, and that's not enough for a win.

Against Brock it'd probably go stalemate, against Gargan... well.. hasn't swordsmen already given him hell? The answer of course being yes.

And, Wolverine>half a dozen bullets.
Creed takes far more bullets than Venom ever has and Wolverine has still taken him down.

Battlehammer
well, I know the Hulk sometimes allows Logan to cut him just so the Hulk could get close enough to grab logan...see WWH-Xmen for example

he did nto let logan cut him. stop misrepresenting events. He new Logan would go for his eyes, but never let him do it. If he could have stopped him he would have,

Starscream M
he did nto let logan cut him. stop misrepresenting events. He new Logan would go for his eyes, but never let him do it. If he could have stopped him he would have, meh...I thought Hulk let Logan take a swipe...but you may be right, I dont have the comic in front of me

Starscream M

Against Brock it'd probably go stalemate, i disagree with that assessment

ScarletSpeed
hy

Battlehammer
meh...I thought Hulk let Logan take a swipe...but you may be right, I dont have the comic in front of me
he did not. He could not even stop x-23 form doing it let a lone wolverine

jinzin

What the f**k?

A large percentage of the people he fights have ungodly healing factors or repairing systems.
Hulk
Wendigo
Prime Sentinals
Namor
Sabretooth
Omega Red
Lady Deathstrike
Deadpool

When it comes to street levels, Wolverne typically holds back to some extent which is why he goes running around hitting people in the face without his claws, Spidey, Night Crawler, Cable, Blade, etc etc...

Why? Because "I've gotta make 100% sure, or he's 100% dead".. Wolverine's garnered respect for human life and tries not to waste people that don't have it comin.

Let's ask Thing if Wolverine's glancing blows do jack shit to people without one. "Never felt so vulnerable."

Even the times he has hit people with glancing blows: Nearly knocked Punisher out with ONE. Had DD clutching his stomach hobbling up stiars with ONE. Dropped Magneto to the ground on two seperate occasions with ONE.

jinzin
He usually fights people with healing factors or people that DO wind up getting killed.

Or is this like you "Cyclops is blind while firing" bullshit that you got a warning for? laughing out loud

jinzin
i disagree with that assessment okay majority to Wolverine then.

Starscream M
okay majority to Wolverine then. stop trolling mad

Battlehammer
stop trolling mad
so ironic.

jinzin
stop trolling mad

laughing out loud

so ironic.

I think he's joking.

Battlehammer
laughing out loud

I think he's joking.
Me as well but it still ironic

Mindset
What the f**k?

The point was he didn't heal instantly.

If he healed instantly from all the damage he would have jumped right back up. no expression

carver9

If he healed instantly from all the damage he would have jumped right back up. no expression

agreed because that was a pretty hard hit that namor hit wolverine with but wolverine still talking and moving after that hit just shows how great his durability is. He basically took a beating that even thing would have gotten up slow from and was still ready to fight.

That fight proved that wolverine is above any street level character.

Creshosk

If he healed instantly from all the damage he would have jumped right back up. no expression So Namor hits harder than the Hulk? no expression

Hell Titanus hit wolverine, sent him flying Wolverine was just fine when he landed... then Titanus knocked the hulk out in three hits.

Or do these heavy hitters not hit hard enough to damage wolverine's organs?

carver9
Hell, titanus got on top of wolverine and was pounding away on his face with full strength and one panel later wolverine was back on his feat.

Mindset
So Namor hits harder than the Hulk? no expression

Hell Titanus hit wolverine, sent him flying Wolverine was just fine when he landed... then Titanus knocked the hulk out in three hits.

Or do these heavy hitters not hit hard enough to damage wolverine's organs?

Or it could be that the writers don't think the Wolverine's organs would be heavily damaged when fighting.

Or do you think only WWH had the strength to cause Wolverine brain damage and no other Class 100, including the past Hulks, could?

Anyway I was showing an example of Wolverine not instantly healing, regardless if he has shown to heal instantly before that was not one of those times.

The Great Galen
Umm guys this is actually Brock just so u know, I didn't clear that up in the first post my bad. Anyhow if we break it down this is how it looks like:

Strength: Brock easily takes this, above 20 tons so Logan cant afford getting hit.

Durability: Brock's suit will absorb any attack of Brocks, while I doubt Logan will be staning after a couple haymakers from Eddy.

Speed: Draw, but because of Venom's webbing and superior agilirty he can leap distances and thusly avoid Logan untill wolverine tires out.

Skill: Ill give it to Logan, but with an opponent who use faster,stronger and more durabile it doesnt matter.

Powerset: Venom has the suit to his advantage, logan has claws......yeah.

In conclusion a well written Venom is to much for any mere peak human, especially someone like Logan. Brock 10/10

Mindset
Brock is not dodging long enough to make Logan tired

The Great Galen
Brock is not dodging long enough to make Logan tired

If that's what u think, the point is he is avoiding him longer then logan could avoid brock.

Creshosk
Or it could be that the writers don't think the Wolverine's organs would be heavily damaged when fighting. Regardless, its happened often enough to be part of the character. Its not like its only happened once like the showing with WWH or namor here...

Or do you think only WWH had the strength to cause Wolverine brain damage and no other Class 100, including the past Hulks, could? That's not my supposition. I'm saying that his healing factor is stronger than people give it credit for. You're the one that's implying that his organs don't get damaged.

Anyway I was showing an example of Wolverine not instantly healing, regardless if he has shown to heal instantly before that was not one of those times. So which is used as evidence on these forums, the one that happens more often or the one that happens less often?

Umm guys this is actually Brock just so u know, I didn't clear that up in the first post my bad. Anyhow if we break it down this is how it looks like: You should have specified that in the opening posts. Mid thread changes are not accepted.

You didn't specify, there for it defaults to current.

Mindset
Regardless, its happened often enough to be part of the character. Its not like its only happened once like the showing with WWH or namor here...

That's not my supposition. I'm saying that his healing factor is stronger than people give it credit for. You're the one that's implying that his organs don't get damaged.

So which is used as evidence on these forums, the one that happens more often or the one that happens less often?

You should have specified that in the opening posts. Mid thread changes are not accepted.

The only times I remember it being said he had internal damage was in his fight with WWH and Namor, and both times he did not heal instantly.

Ok, people don't give his hf enough credit, he still doesn't heal instantly like you are saying, maybe you didn't mean to say that, but that's what you did.

There are many instances of him not healing instantly, I was posting one fight with him and Namor, I wasn't trying to pass it off as what happens every time Wolverine fights a brick. However in the fight he did not heal from his wounds instantly, and that's what I was pointing out.

The Great Galen
I said both guys are going"all out" so I naturally assumed people would think of Brock...anyhow its clear now so.

Creshosk
The only times I remember it being said he had internal damage was in his fight with WWH and Namor, and both times he did not heal instantly. So all the previous times he took multi-ton hits his organs weren't damaged?

Either way these two showings are in the minority. all the other times characters with multi ton lifting strength hit him he doesn't go down instantly.

Ok, people don't give his hf enough credit, he still doesn't heal instantly like you are saying, maybe you didn't mean to say that, but that's what you did.Why because these two feats ovverrid his 30 years of existence?

Pssh...

"His organs have only ever been damaged by WWH and Namor, and that's the norm!"

There are many instances of him not healing instantly, I was posting one fight with him and Namor, I wasn't trying to pass it off as what happens every time Wolverine fights a brick. And yet...

The only times I remember it being said he had internal damage was in his fight with WWH and Namor, and both times he did not heal instantly.

However in the fight he did not heal from his wounds instantly, and that's what I was pointing out. So it's either not the norm and not to be used or... why even bring it up?

I said both guys are going"all out" so I naturally assumed people would think of Brock...anyhow its clear now so. Lst time someone tried to change the stipulations mid fight:

Originally posted by Badabing
Don't even try it. The last time you changed stipulations in the middle of a thread there were reports and a few bannings. Default battlefield.

So no.

Mindset
So all the previous times he took multi-ton hits his organs weren't damaged?

Either way these two showings are in the minority. all the other times characters with multi ton lifting strength hit him he doesn't go down instantly.

Why because these two feats ovverrid his 30 years of existence?

Pssh...

"His organs have only ever been damaged by WWH and Namor, and that's the norm!"

And yet...

Are you intentionally trying to be obtuse?

Yes, because I said these two examples override every other one, that's exactly what I said Cresh, you got me...no expression Yea, the only times I remember it being said he had organ damage he did not pop up instantly, did I say that those were the majority?

Now, I would like to see you show Wolverine heals instantly, and that the majority of his showings back up this statement.

Creshosk
Are you intentionally trying to be obtuse?

Yes, because I said these two examples override every other one, that's exactly what I said Cresh, you got me...no expression Yea, the only times I remember it being said he had organ damage he did not pop up instantly, did I say that those were the majority?

Now, I would like to see you show Wolverine heals instantly, and that the majority of his showings back up this statement. You want me to post every real brick fight he's ever gotten into where he was hit?

no expression

The guy who appears on like every team, and appears in multiple comic books at the same time.

You want me to prove that a hit from a brick does not damage his organs...

blink

Mindset
You want me to post every real brick fight he's ever gotten into where he was hit?

no expression

The guy who appears on like every team, and appears in multiple comic books at the same time.

You want me to prove that a hit from a brick does not damage his organs...

blink

No, I want you to prove he heals instantly in general.

If he can heal liquefied organs instantly, than he should be able to heal any other kind of damage, within reason, instantly as well.

Creshosk
No, I want you to prove he heals instantly in general.

If he can heal liquefied organs instantly, than he should be able to heal any other kind of damage, within reason, instantly as well. if he doesn't heal from massive damage instantly then the fights with the bricks through out his entire career would be like those two fights.

Or are you saying that the other bricks CAN'T put out that kind of damage you know to damage normal organs with no enhanced durability?

Mindset
if he doesn't heal from massive damage instantly then the fights with the bricks through out his entire career would be like those two fights.

Or are you saying that the other bricks CAN'T put out that kind of damage you know to damage normal organs with no enhanced durability?

So are you going to post scans of all his instantaneous healing feats or not?

Like I said, if he can heal liquified organs instantly he should be able to heal all other kinds of damage instantly, and with 30 years of all this instant healing you should have heaps of proof

Creshosk
So are you going to post scans of all his instantaneous healing feats or not? You request is slothful induction. Sorry.

I'm NOT going to post every single brick fight the guy gets into.

Your request is NOT reasonable. as the implication STILL breaks the KMC rules.

Two instances do not make the norm.

jinzin

If he healed instantly from all the damage he would have jumped right back up. no expression He WAS getting right back up. He was talking with NO signs of stress hesitation or pain, no pauses, grunts, or groans, Just some trash talk and a smile as he picked himself up.

And it really is irrelivent anyways, we know that when Wolverine gets pissed/reved his HF works faster, he wasn't pissed in that fight, neither party wanted the fight to begin with.

jinzin
You request is slothful induction. Sorry.

Two instances do not make the norm. especially when I already have. wink

Creshosk
especially when I already have. wink Yup. Slothful induction or the suppressed evidence fallacy. Part of what it relies on is asking for unreasonable amounts of evidence and/or ignoring that which has already been provided.

Mindset
You request is slothful induction. Sorry.

Two instances do not make the norm.

You made that claim that Wolverine can heal from having is organs liquefied instantly.

If he can heal liquefied organs instantly he should be able to heal from any kind of damage instantly, but he can't. It's fine you don't have to post anything, because I know Logan doesn't heal damage instantly.

Mindset
He WAS getting right back up. He was talking with NO signs of stress hesitation or pain, no pauses, grunts, or groans, Just some trash talk and a smile as he picked himself up.

And it really is irrelivent anyways, we know that when Wolverine gets pissed/reved his HF works faster, he wasn't pissed in that fight, neither party wanted the fight to begin with.

He was slowly getting up, please show me where all his damage was instantly healed.

Please tell me you do not think Wolverine can instantly heal from damage as well.

Creshosk
You made that claim that Wolverine can heal from having is organs liquefied instantly. Based on the fact that he's gotten into many many brick fights over the years, thing, hulk, hercules etc etc. Multiton hits have been landed on him.

You'd have to be pretty damned ignorant to think that this gus that can crush metal and brick in their hands are incapable of damaging wolverine's organs when they hit him.

If he can heal liquefied organs instantly he should be able to heal from any kind of damage instantly, but he can't. Equivocation.

It's fine you don't have to post anything, because I know Logan doesn't heal damage instantly. Slouthful induction. smile

Yeah you keep being illogical. That'll prove you right. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cause we know hulk can't possibly damage logan when he punches him... roll eyes (sarcastic)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>