Thanos w/IG vs. Protege'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

six6six
-no prep for either

six6six
Could Protege' duplicate the power of the IG fro mThanos, even without having the gems?

guy222
Protege

KuRuPT Thanosi
Protege and yes he could do it. I think he takes this easily

Nihilist
thanos seals protege's mouth shut

id369
Originally posted by Nihilist
thanos seals protege's mouth shut

That does not keep him from copying his powers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

xJLxKing
This is stupid, but didn't Protege beat LT?If it was, then Protege big grin

EDIT: Waiting for Quan!! wink

starlock
Thanos IG for the win

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Nihilist
Originally posted by id369
That does not keep him from copying his powers. roll eyes (sarcastic) thanos could shut protege's mind down or just stop protege from seeing him perform any feat with the ig,protege can only copy a power after it has been seen

id369
thanos could shut protege's mind down or just stop protege from seeing him perform any feat with the ig,protege can only copy a power after it has been seen

Which was my point.

Besides, doesn't Protege retain the powers he has seen? Did he lose his powers?

Nihilist
Which was my point.

Besides, doesn't Protege retain the powers he has seen? Did he lose his powers? how do you really see some body shuting your mind down

KuRuPT Thanosi
Protege never beat the LT at all. He only copied part/all of his power depending on how you interrupt the scans

id369
how do you really see some body shuting your mind down In reference to your comment, of his mouth being shut.

Astner
According to me it was so that Protege did copy all of the Living Tribunal's power, but since he was a human, with human perceptions he could never use it to such an extent. That's why Scathan muzzled him.

But then again, the abstracts were afraid of him. Or so it seemed.

King Kandy
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins.
Oh yeah I forgot Thanos>LT.

Nihilist
In reference to your comment, of his mouth being shut. if he can and HAS sealed someone mouth using the ig,im certain he could seal protege's eyes laughing out loud.after than what can protege do other than seal thanos's eyes shut.leaving thanos with all the other gems uses at his disposal and protege not being able to view them.

id369
Thanos wins.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/1/unlimitedpower.jpg

Batman-Prime
I would like to hear Mr. M's opinion

Nihilist
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I would like to hear Mr. M's opinion i read his opinion on adam warlock with the ig vs protoge,but warlock doesnt have as many feats as thanos has with the IG.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by xJLxKing
This is stupid, but didn't Protege beat LT?If it was, then Protege big grin
yeah he did. biggest PIS ep ever. that story was so full of **** it wasnt even funny. basicly we have protege owning LT, but also getting owned by a celestial, who's supposed to be lower than Eternity, himself lower than LT. o wait it gets better, LT turned to sorcerer Agamoto for help when fighting Protege. LOL

KuRuPT Thanosi
First off he never beat the LT at all. That isn't true he just copied some of his power. Some say his judgement (faces) power... others say his whole power. Point is.. he never owned nor defeated the LT

guy222
thumb up

Scathan the Approver used the muzzle and LT absorbed the godlike child

quanchi112
Originally posted by King Kandy
Oh yeah I forgot Thanos>LT. No, the ig is not above the Lt. Protege did not defeat the Lt though and didn't have a mind capable of defeating Thanos with the ig imo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
yeah he did. biggest PIS ep ever. that story was so full of **** it wasnt even funny. basicly we have protege owning LT, but also getting owned by a celestial, who's supposed to be lower than Eternity, himself lower than LT. o wait it gets better, LT turned to sorcerer Agamoto for help when fighting Protege. LOL It is still canon though with regards to this thread. We cannot just say it was stupid and rule it out just because you didn't like it.

SoulDevourer
It is still canon though with regards to this thread. We cannot just say it was stupid and rule it out just because you didn't like it. yeah its canon but it also completly contradicts other canon lol

Knowsbleed33
Protege copied all of the LT's abilities hence the LT supplementing his power with the Ancient One's amulet. Protege was stopped just short of usurping the LT's position.

Protege wins this.

occultdestroyer
Protege

King Kandy
No, the ig is not above the Lt. Protege did not defeat the Lt though and didn't have a mind capable of defeating Thanos with the ig imo.
The LT did not have the power to deal with Protege, he needed Scathan and the Amulet. If the LT could not put an end to Protege without help, how will the IG?

I'm Bran
The LT did not have the power to deal with Protege, he needed Scathan and the Amulet. If the LT could not put an end to Protege without help, how will the IG? Via Thanos' superior intelligence

quanchi112
The LT did not have the power to deal with Protege, he needed Scathan and the Amulet. If the LT could not put an end to Protege without help, how will the IG? Protege has the mind of a child and Thanos imo has the power necessary to beat him. He has the experience also when dealing with the willpower needed to get the job done as well.

Nestical
protege

King Kandy
Protege has the mind of a child and Thanos imo has the power necessary to beat him. He has the experience also when dealing with the willpower needed to get the job done as well.
LT did not have the power to beat Protege. So if you're saying Thanos has the power, you think Thanos>LT. You are wrong.

Knowsbleed33
Thanos doesn't even need to act against Protege for him to copy the IG's power.

Astanax
LT can defeat Thanos with IG. LT needed help to defeat Protege. I believe Protege can defeat Thanos with IG.

xJLxKing
No, the ig is not above the Lt. Protege did not defeat the Lt though and didn't have a mind capable of defeating Thanos with the ig imo.
Protege did defeat LT. Don't act like it didn't happen.

Lol I know that, but just for the argument I will say he he did.

Knowsbleed33
Actually he didn't defeat the LT. Scathan intervened right before Protege was going to act against everyone.

I'm Bran
Originally posted by I'm Bran
Via Thanos' superior intelligence Originally posted by quanchi112
Protege has the mind of a child and Thanos imo has the power necessary to beat him. He has the experience also when dealing with the willpower needed to get the job done as well.

Nice

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Protege did defeat LT. Don't act like it didn't happen.

Lol I know that, but just for the argument I will say he he did. When did the Protege defeat the Lt?

Knowsbleed33
He never gets the chance to attack the LT. This is the only time Protege attempts to attack the LT:

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5056/guardiansofthegalaxy502vz4.th.jpg

Scathan promptly shuts Protege down:

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5163/guardiansofthegalaxy502dw8.th.jpg

Doesn't take away from the fact that Protege was more powerful than the LT at that point.

Astanax
Real quick, real quick...if the Protege and LT "battle" is canon, but contradicts other canon; shouldn't all the canon that is accepted by the majority supercede one lousy account of what happened in this particular comic? Anyone?

Astanax
I gave myself a headache.

Knowsbleed33
What canon does it contradict?

Astanax
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
What canon does it contradict?

I read a comment in this thread that the canon contradicted other canon. I don't know whether they meant that LT is second only to OAA but at the same time Protege was supposed to be more powerful than LT or in the same instance Protege is supposed to be more powerful than LT, but at the same time can be defeated by a Celestial who is supposed to be less powerful than LT. I'm not sure, I just need some clarification myself.

Knowsbleed33
Protege isn't more powerful than the LT. He became more powerful than him after copying his, Eternity, Hawkgod, Beyonders etc. power.

Scathan really is a conundrum. Most people who've read the story believe there's more to Scathan than meets the eye. A few believe (myself included) that he was also an agent of the OAA.

Astanax
Protege isn't more powerful than the LT. He became more powerful than him after copying his, Eternity, Hawkgod, Beyonders etc. power.
Scathan really is a conundrum. Most people who've read the story believe there's more to Scathan than meets the eye. A few believe (myself included) that he was also an agent of the OAA.

So the OAA has many o' agent. Comics are pretty much a puzzle with facts pointed out in certain instances but, in a sense, refuted in other instances. I'm not sure if the writers come to a concensus about these things or if they just do their own thing. I'm just going by their bios in this one but thanks for clarifying it for me.

SoulDevourer
if u can copy someones power then it means your (potentially) more powerfull than that someone so yeah, Protege is > LT (at least the LT at that time)

can Protege copy TOAAs power?

Knowsbleed33
Well, it isn't written anywhere that the OAA can't have more than one agent within the MU at a time.

Mr Master
Protege wins this.

Protege was the next step in evolution,
when Humanity becomes God,
and every individual will become an Eternity unto themselves.

Only thing is he was engineered,
unlike the destiny of mankind which is a natural process,
this is why he was a cosmic abomination,
with the potential to become God, probably on the status of THOTI imo.

can Protege copy TOAAs power?
No, or yes. (either way, TOAA will always be in control)

Because whatever Protege does, he does because TOAA wrote/drew it.

SoulDevourer
then what about protege vs classic beyonder? big grin

Knowsbleed33
Now you done did it.

SoulDevourer
http://img.presence-pc.com/forum/images/perso/kneusol.gif

Mr Master

then what about protege vs classic beyonder?
Protege would get stomped.

Protege proved to be below the supreme being as a being below the supreme being (Scathan)
neutralized him.

Beyonder was a supreme being,
who without self-imposed stipulations was all powerful.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Protege copied all of the LT's abilities hence the LT supplementing his power with the Ancient One's amulet. Protege was stopped just short of usurping the LT's position.

Protege wins this.

If he copied all of his powers lets say then how exactly was he going to beat him? I would venture to say that the LT is much better equipped to use the power then a kid who just got them that instant.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Mr Master
Protege would get stomped.

Protege proved to be below the supreme being as a being below the supreme being (Scathan)
neutralized him.

Beyonder was a supreme being,
who without self-imposed stipulations was all powerful.
Beyonder was also below the writer...

Astanax
It makes sense that if you copy someone's powers, without additional powers, then the copyee would have the experience advantage. I just don't like the fact that comics don't stay consistent. It's true that OAA might have other agents but it would have to be clear for the readers and not just assumed.

Galan007
Beyonder was also below the writer... Obviously. However, I'm sure some Beyonder fanboy will argue that. *sighs*

Avlon
How about we simply categorize the Protege' incident for the ridiculous SMVFL that it is....

Astanax
Originally posted by Avlon
How about we simply categorize the Protege' incident for the ridiculous SMVFL that it is....

I second that

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
If he copied all of his powers lets say then how exactly was he going to beat him? I would venture to say that the LT is much better equipped to use the power then a kid who just got them that instant.

Because he didn't just have the LT's power. He also had Eternity's, Hawkgod's, Beyonder's, Mephisto's etc.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Because he didn't just have the LT's power. He also had Eternity's, Hawkgod's, Beyonder's, Mephisto's etc.

Yes which all pail in comparison to the LT who also would already have the powers of Eternity, Mephisto etc. Unless your claiming they can do stuff the LT can't.

Knowsbleed33
LT's power + Eternity's + Hawkgod + Beyonder + Mephisto etc. = More than the LT alone.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Your not understanding... are you saying the LT can't do something Hawkgod, Eternity or Mephisto could do? He can do everything they can do and a lot more. So, Protege having their powers really to me is a moot point. The LT already can do whatever that trio could do and more.

Knowsbleed33
I understand what you're saying, you're not understanding what I'm saying. If he only had the LT's powers it would be an eternal stalemate. The difference is he didn't only have the LT's power.

Mindset
Those powers would be negligible though.

Like 1.00000001 > 1, but it's so small it really makes no difference.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I understand what you're saying, you're not understanding what I'm saying. If he only had the LT's powers it would be an eternal stalemate. The difference is he didn't only have the LT's power.

I get what yoru saying but your failing to realize those powers aren't adding anything new to the table. If you get spiderman's spidey sense and add it to the invisible woman for example then your getting something new and useable. However, when your adding powers somebody already has how exactly does that make you now more powerful?

Knowsbleed33
It obviously mattered enough. The LT needed to supplement his own power with the Ancient One's amulet in an attempt to even things out again.

Knowsbleed33
I get what yoru saying but your failing to realize those powers are adding to anything. If you get superman's spidey sense and add it to the invisible woman for example then your getting something new. However, when your adding powers somebody already has how exactly does that make you now more powerful?

So you're saying that if Protege copied the LT's power plus every other characters power in the MU, the LT would still be more powerful?

Mindset
It obviously mattered enough. The LT needed to supplement his own power with the Ancient One's amulet in an attempt to even things out again. Bad writing.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So you're saying that if Protege copied the LT's power plus every other characters power in the MU, the LT would still be more powerful?

No I'm not saying the LT would be more powerful at all. I'm saying they would still be basically even. As I stated if your add different powers to your powerset then you have something. When your adding powers that you already have what exactly are you gaining? Furthermore, he added the amulet because protege didn't surpass him (show me the scan that says that) but because imo he was now even with him and thus he needed more power. So, I say again do you think Mephisto or anybody you named has powers or can do things the LT can't do? If the answer is no then they aren't bringing anything new to the table.

Knowsbleed33
I heard that once or twice.

Knowsbleed33
No I'm not saying the LT would be more powerful at all. I'm saying they would still be basically even. As I stated if your add different powers to your powerset then you have something. When your adding powers that you already have what exactly are you gaining? Furthermore, he added the amulet because protege didn't surpass him (show me the scan that says that) but because imo he was now even with him and thus he needed more power. So, I say again do you think Mephisto or anybody you named has powers or can do things the LT can't do? If the answer is no then they aren't bringing anything new to the table.

If the increase is negligible as Mindset says, he's still more powerful. When it comes to beings like that you can only hope to be slightly more powerful.

KuRuPT Thanosi
If the increase is negligible as Mindset says, he's still more powerful. When it comes to beings like that you can only hope to be slightly more powerful.

He's saying it was negligible I'm saying it was increased at all. I ask again do you think those characters have powers or can do things the LT can't do? To me the answer is clearly no and thus you wouldn't be gaining anything. You never answered my question?

Knowsbleed33
It's not a matter of whether or not they have abilites the LT doesn't. It's the level of power. How much more power Protege can generate compared to the LT. The LT can fire a blast at Protege that's very powerful, the one that Protege fires back would be even more powerful because the other powers he copied bolster the powers he copied from the LT.

Get it?

KuRuPT Thanosi
It's not a matter of whether or not they have abilites the LT doesn't. It's the level of power. How much more power Protege can generate compared to the LT. The LT can fire a blast at Protege that's very powerful, the one that Protege fires back would be even more powerful because the other powers he copied bolster the powers he copied from the LT.

Get it?

Yeah I don't see it as a generating more power situation. I don't think each time he added somebody powers it thus made each thing you did more powerful and so on and so forth. A blast from Thanos could produce x amount of damage while a blast from surfer y. However, I don't see it as a situation where you just add the total power of x and y together and now you can generate z amount of power. There has to be overlap there which is what I'm saying the LT has all of them already covered.

Galan007
This infinity > that infinity. dur

King Kandy
I don't think each time he added somebody powers it thus made each thing you did more powerful and so on and so forth.
In the arc it specifically said it did. His powers stack.

Knowsbleed33
Yeah I don't see it as a generating more power situation. I don't think each time he added somebody powers it thus made each thing you did more powerful and so on and so forth.

That's exactly what happened.

Tattoos N Scars
bump

Astner
Originally posted by Galan007
This infinity > that infinity. dur
That's actually easily proven.

The whole number set of numbers contains twice as many numbers as the sets of natural numbers, even though it's infinite.

Natural numbers: N = {1, 2, 3, 4, ... ∞}
Whole numbers: Z = {-∞, ..., -2, -1, 0, 1, ... ∞} (bolded part covering the set of natural numbers)

The most interesting sets of infinity are the uncountable sets. These are the ones where you can't make a number diagram which encompasses all the numbers in the set. You can only compare those sets if one encompasses the other.

Galan007
^ First off, why are you responding to a comment I made over a year ago? Secondly, I don't care about the mumbo-jumbo you wrote.

Knowsbleed33
That kid.

h1a8
Originally posted by Blanket
Via Thanos' superior intelligence

That would mean the LT is relatively dumb and not truly omniscient.

h1a8
Can LT beat Thanos with the IG?

Blanket
Originally posted by h1a8
That would mean the LT is relatively dumb and not truly omniscient. That would mean you don't know how to comprehend anything.

Read what quan wrote in other words.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.